Forum » FFXI » Escha » Low-man Strats for Aeonic
Low-man Strats for Aeonic
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-04-06 07:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have strats for low-man (4 characters) for Kouryu, WoC, and T3/T4 for Reisenjima? :O

Will gear all characters as needed. I'm watching vids on YouTube, but it looks like people have a few BRDs and CORs on hand to buff then drop before-hand.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-06 08:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

4 man sounds a bit much unless doing a smn burn in which case you could probably pass with run/geo/smn x2 with buffs from outside person (s)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-06 08:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think all of them can be done with 4 characters using currently established strategies. Vinipata and Albumen seem to be the most problematic, given the amount of roles that need to be filled(Sleeper, tank, damage).

You would want a BRD, as they have the longest sleeps. However, without m.acc buffs you certainly can't reliably resleep without N/T. Maybe something like RNG BRD GEO PLD, get all adds out and wipe, then repull and try to kill in duration of 2 sleeps(n/t > super revit > n/t). Hate resets would be extremely dangerous and the damage may just not be possible. Bringing melee is probably not the best idea with that few buffs, as you'd be unable to resist amnesia and have very light healing available.

In vinipata's case, the adds are guaranteed to pop throughout the fight so you can't spawn them all to maximize N/T. My impression is that even a perfect m.acc set and focus/languor, lullaby is pretty unreliable, but perhaps there is something I am missing.

I could believe that 4manning Albumen/Vinipata is straight out impossible, but I haven't tried personally so I can only comment on strategy.

Kirin has been trioed using DRG, you would have to ask Ruamoko or Saevel for details.

WoC can be done with RUN GEO SMN SMN using nirvana am3.

Erinys and Onychophora are pretty simple, you could do TANK SMN SMN GEO and poke them down with volt strike in between mewings. Onychophora has been soloed by SMN.

Zerde may be doable with SMN SMN GEO/BLM PLD using AC burn on flaming crush, if the GEO has enough m.acc to land stuns without focus/lang. I'm not sure. Sustained fight is unlikely, as you'd run out of stun resistance and wipe to adds/aura.

Schah might be able to be done with RUN GEO SMN SMN if gear is perfect. You may need many attempts, the damage may just not be enough.

Teles is probably pretty easy to zerg with RUN GEO SMN SMN.

Bottom line is that you're not going to be able to sustain a fight against many of these NMs using 4 members, and you don't have enough buffs to work with for a zerg strategy. Even 6 is pushing it on Albumen and Vinipata. If you fall back on SMN zerg strategies, having absolutely perfect gear will be a key point for such small numbers. Running 6 with SMN based strategies will probably be your best bet for lowmanning them.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-04-06 08:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit much as in - too many? Or too few to be possible?

Edit: aaahhh Thanks guys!
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-04-06 08:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Kirin has been trioed using DRG, you would have to ask Ruamoko or Saevel for details.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-04-06 08:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

But is that really trioed per se? He has many buffs on him :/
 Asura.Darian
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darian 2018-04-06 09:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Teles can be done duo with Idris GEO Nirvana SMN. Drop COR not needed but makes it better.

Vinipata can be triod with GEO,SMN,BRD

Onychophora can be 3-4 manned GEO, drop COR, RUN, SMN (1 or 2) SMN must alternate VS Mewing

Erinys GEO, RUN, SMN, drop COR

Schah and Albumen GEO, RUN, drop COR, SMNx3

Zerde GEO, RUN, SCH, SMNx2

Call it lowman if you like, but they are actually some of the easiest and most straight forward setups. 5 dedicated players with mythic/ergon can do it all with fair ease. You just have to exclude bringing along useless jobs that raise the mob HP.
By Afania 2018-04-06 09:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I don't think all of them can be done with 4 characters using currently established strategies. Vinipata and Albumen seem to be the most problematic, given the amount of roles that need to be filled(Sleeper, tank, damage).

You would want a BRD, as they have the longest sleeps. However, without m.acc buffs you certainly can't reliably resleep without N/T. Maybe something like RNG BRD GEO PLD, get all adds out and wipe, then repull and try to kill in duration of 2 sleeps(n/t > super revit > n/t). Hate resets would be extremely dangerous and the damage may just not be possible. Bringing melee is probably not the best idea with that few buffs, as you'd be unable to resist amnesia and have very light healing available.

In vinipata's case, the adds are guaranteed to pop throughout the fight so you can't spawn them all to maximize N/T. My impression is that even a perfect m.acc set and focus/languor, lullaby is pretty unreliable, but perhaps there is something I am missing.

I could believe that 4manning Albumen/Vinipata is straight out impossible, but I haven't tried personally so I can only comment on strategy.

WoC can be done with RUN GEO SMN SMN using nirvana am3.

Erinys and Onychophora are pretty simple, you could do TANK SMN SMN GEO and poke them down with volt strike in between mewings. Onychophora has been soloed by SMN.

Zerde may be doable with SMN SMN GEO/BLM PLD using AC burn on flaming crush, if the GEO has enough m.acc to land stuns without focus/lang. I'm not sure. Sustained fight is unlikely, as you'd run out of stun resistance and wipe to adds/aura.

Schah might be able to be done with RUN GEO SMN SMN if gear is perfect. You may need many attempts, the damage may just not be enough.

Teles is probably pretty easy to zerg with RUN GEO SMN SMN.

Bottom line is that you're not going to be able to sustain a fight against many of these NMs using 4 members, and you don't have enough buffs to work with for a zerg strategy. Even 6 is pushing it on Albumen and Vinipata. If you fall back on SMN zerg strategies, having absolutely perfect gear will be a key point for such small numbers. Running 6 with SMN based strategies will probably be your best bet for lowmanning them.

Afaik Kirin, teles, Erinys and sandworm has been trioed for a while....Maybe woc too?

Edit: beaten.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-04-06 09:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys give me hope.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-04-06 12:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandworm can be done with NIN BRD WHM, maybe less. I wouldn't be surprised to a BLU solo it.