Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Historical Auction House Sales History
Historical Auction House Sales History
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-03-11 16:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was browsing my character from Seraph and it had the last 255 sales activity stretching several months before the server merge and it was in many ways a time capsule of what the game was like back in 2010.

Does FFXIAH have any backup tapes/data of historical auction house activity going back to 2007 or 2006 (around the time site started) or are those data automatically culled?

We have bits of that data available for slow moving auction house items where the sales history go all the way back to 2004, but for character data and for items that sell quickly, those data seem lost in the ether forever.

Would love for example to be able to check sales history for a speicific month of a year in 2007 or 2008 to find characters you remembered and to check prices on things.

Because it would be a goldmine in 2018 to have those data available for historical archival purposes.

Possible?
 Odin.Kealoha
Server: Odin
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-03-11 16:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone outside of SE would have "backup tapes" of any data back then. The AH team might have archived data but I'm not sure how far back they save their data.

The general community would have kept screenshots of anything if you're that lucky to find those people.
 Asura.Inuyushi
Server: Asura
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-03-11 16:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to mention that the FFXIAH capture of the data will never be true to the source. This website only query's the game every so often. You can have someone buy hundreds or thousands of an item, but this site will only record the previous ~20 (or w/e the max history on the server is) and log those. As said by Kealoha, only SE has that history.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-11 16:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can find someone who was registered on ffxiah back then, and transferred servers or quit that year, you can find the last 255 of their old character's sales, which can give a bit of info.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-03-11 17:19:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I don't think it has to be true to source. I know FFXI ah doesn't capture all sales for things that move quickly, but even to be able to explore what was selling in March of 2007 would be awesome.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-11 17:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

My OG character on here has sales from 2007

This Guy was an RMT back in the day his page has 2006

https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Carbuncle/Toyata
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa