Voracity - Aeonic Raffle 3!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Voracity - Aeonic Raffle 3!
Voracity - Aeonic Raffle 3!
By Squabble 2018-02-27 11:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Smoky said: »
Squabble said: »
Asura.Smoky said: »
The hell, you guys increased prices and are more expensive for every clear. Someone needs to talk to your marketing department.

More expensive than who?

Jimmynguyen/Limitedx, does Reisenjima HELMs mainly. WoC/Kirin normally 10mil clears. I mean the rest is pugable. Yea those prices are increased compared to others. The raffle is fine for 10 mil even.

Never heard of them, and if they're doing onesie-twosie clears for 10m/each, they can have at it. We sold the whole set of 7 for 70m several times, but when we use 6-7 people, it's not a great amount of money unless we're running 2 leeches. Also, I wrote above that we're willing to negotiate, if you are going to be a repeat customer or buy for 2+ characters, we'll cut a discount.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-02-27 12:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I think we need a pre raffle....raffle.

3 M gil upfront to be considered worthy of joining the raffle.
Like a soft opening?
[+]
By Squabble 2018-03-02 15:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing a full clear today/tomorrow if anyone is interested in buying a clear.
By Eboneezer 2018-03-05 12:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If their first run was a success and they raised their prices and 2nd run was a success....i would say their marketing person is doing a pretty good job. Why would they charge less when there's an obvious demand for what they're offering? I don't see why people have a problem with this at all. No one complains when somebody farms/sells REM currency and buys +1 abjurations with the gil they farmed. Why aren't we screaming about them leveling the craft and crafting it themselves? These people farmed their gil however they chose and are spending it on clears. Why are we supposed to care?

Ah well, free bump
 Asura.Darian
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-05 13:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Eboneezer said: »
If their first run was a success and they raised their prices and 2nd run was a success....i would say their marketing person is doing a pretty good job. Why would they charge less when there's an obvious demand for what they're offering? I don't see why people have a problem with this at all. No one complains when somebody farms/sells REM currency and buys +1 abjurations with the gil they farmed. Why aren't we screaming about them leveling the craft and crafting it themselves? These people farmed their gil however they chose and are spending it on clears. Why are we supposed to care?

Ah well, free bump

We never really knew what to expect early on. We made an arbitrary price point and saw how it worked out and then tweaked it based on what we saw consumers wanting. I think early on we overstated how many people actually had 50k beads/have the drive to farm 50k beads (hence the max entry cap now dropping). These same players tend to buy 5 total tickets often wanting to buy even more (hence increasing the allowed total probability for a higher price). We've done two runs now for 60M and 40M. We increased the cap to 200M which is more than the original. This is still within reasonable offering for full clear and increases our likely takeaway. We would never cancel a run, but we would also like to minimize our 40M runs. After our bank pays for pops, what's left over is less than what we each could make individually selling Reisen T1-T3 solo. All in all the audience we were getting was different than the price point. We are trying to cater to them while also increasing our take just a bit.
[+]
By Kodaijin 2018-03-05 13:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Its just weird when you look at supply demand... You have infinite supply so to speak and the demand is low - based on your low number of entries. The first run was probably skepticism and beads. but one would assume the skepticism is gone after that. So what would keep people from buying more entries? Beads? Price? I bring up the economics thing cuz with supply the way it is, and low demand, the price should go down, not up.

Personally, if it were me, I would have raised or removed the entry limit and kept it at 3mil each and then not actually do the run until you have a minimum of XX entries.

on a side note, I would have bought tickets if the raffle wasnt at a time when I cant play and I would have been willing to pay more than 5 tickets.
[+]
By Eboneezer 2018-03-05 16:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair points, I thought that's kind of how it was working. When things get off topic for a minute, i skim down and 1st post I saw was questioning their prices increasing with each successful run. I figured it was a minimum entries to go kind of thing.
By Taint 2018-03-12 08:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Who won?