First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 46 47 48
 Sylph.Wasenshi
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Senshi
By Sylph.Wasenshi 2019-01-31 13:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Vausabant said: »
Has anyone had an issue where with the lower jeuno and resi mods they zone into blackness except the npcs?
I have had the same issue from time to time but only when multi boxing. And I doubt it is a VRAM issue as my card has 11GB of ram.
By Staleyx 2019-01-31 13:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
/localsettings blureffect off

Jeez how long has this been a thing?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Wasenshi
Server: Sylph
user: Senshi
By Sylph.Wasenshi 2019-01-31 15:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Could be some kind of limit on how much ram ffxi uses, difficult to say but Amelilas mods are very large. Turning bump maps off would be a first step to try though cause Amelila also updates those bump maps and turning it off reduces the overall mod size.
Yes I am thinking ffxi has on overall ram limit which is a little sad for HD zones/mods since the limit doesn't seem all that high.
 Asura.Akaden
Server: Asura
By Asura.Akaden 2019-01-31 15:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wasenshi said: »
Could be some kind of limit on how much ram ffxi uses, difficult to say but Amelilas mods are very large. Turning bump maps off would be a first step to try though cause Amelila also updates those bump maps and turning it off reduces the overall mod size.
Yes I am thinking ffxi has on overall ram limit which is a little sad for HD zones/mods since the limit doesn't seem all that high.

No joke, if you use dgvoodoo, the max vram setting is locked to 1gb, but the text file it generates is human-readable and you can bump that puppy up. Strongly recommend making a backup of the file before you edit it though.
Load times for HD zones (gustaberg and the landing screen included) are like a fresh install. Snappier, but it's still an older game, so still slow.
By Vausabant 2019-01-31 15:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akaden said: »

No joke, if you use dgvoodoo, the max vram setting is locked to 1gb, but the text file it generates is human-readable and you can bump that puppy up. Strongly recommend making a backup of the file before you edit it though.
Load times for HD zones (gustaberg and the landing screen included) are like a fresh install. Snappier, but it's still an older game, so still slow.

I use voodoo on my laptop, damn you nvidia laptop cards!!! My desktop though is a brickhouse. So only way to unlock the limit is voodoo? I have a 1080ti 11gb and trio box no issue at 4k. I do not install the mods on the laptop just the desktop. And as said only lower jeuno and resi give me issues
By Boshi 2019-01-31 16:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Amelia uploaded Jugner including Treants

and -all- the rom/3 NPCs
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Vausabant 2019-01-31 19:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akaden said: »

I did not manually change the file. Just setup DG and my video card went from around 3GB for 2 chars plus windows to 5GB for 2 chars. Went to jeuno and it was fine this time. Have a feeling that was it.
By FlameEyes7 2019-01-31 23:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Avatars and primes, as well as some cut-scenes versions.

Carby, Fenrir, Titan, Ifrit, Leviathan, Garuda, Shiva, Ramuh, Diablos, Odin, Alex, Atmos, Caitsith

https://tinyurl.com/yclu2fe3

On Garuda's head. there is a graphical problem. (hd avatars)

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Zerowone
Server: Shiva
user: Zerowone
By Shiva.Zerowone 2019-02-01 06:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They do recommend using an ssd with these new ones.

Also... Rom 4 hd pack:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2019-02-02 06:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry to hear that Kireek.It may seem quite small, but every day when i eventually find my way here it's always with the hope that you've gone and added another bright spot to our world. :D

you got a point. But, what's stopping you and him from getting together and preventing that from happening? I can't/won't run the whole zone edits, as i 5 box and it usually winds up destroying any hope i have of things running smoothly. However, the little things that you been comin through with for the last longest usually don't hurt anything, or cause any distress on my system that's not already there from just boxing. Idgaf if his ***'s made with Gigapixel that was 100$ or made by a 2 year old with pixie stix wielding 5$ crayons, As long as the quality stays great i'll keep using your mods.
Yall do slightly different things. Yall both do them very well. Yours is just a bit more friendly imo.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Onimenokyo
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Onimenokyo 2019-02-02 14:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I'm sorry to hear that too Kireek, your work has been amazing. And I think everyone here really appreciates all the time you've put in help to make everyone's game look better. ^^
[+]
 Lakshmi.Onimenokyo
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Onimenokyo 2019-02-02 14:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Also updated the mega dat pack. Its still 1 drag an drop folder but by popular demand i did add a txt that lists everything in it and who made each thing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sluaut3gjjfe4hh/All%20HD%20Mods.zip?dl=0

(Current as of 3/14/19)
[+]
 Asura.Pookii
By Asura.Pookii 2019-02-02 16:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Onimenokyo said: »
Also updated the mega dat pack. Its still 1 drag an drop folder but by popular demand i did add a txt that lists everything in it and who made each thing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/121lyqugwn51gda/All%20HD%20Mods.zip?dl=0

(Current as of Feb 2 2019)
Thanks for packing everything up into one download
By SkyFrog 2019-02-02 19:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Vausabant said: »
Has anyone had an issue where with the lower jeuno and resi mods they zone into blackness except the npcs?

Are you asking wrt to using these mods or vanilla? I run vanilla and incur sporadic bouts of that exact issue. I can see NPCs, home point crystals, other players, etc. I can't move my character though.
 Ragnarok.Katas
Server: Ragnarok
user: Katas
By Ragnarok.Katas 2019-02-02 21:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Had that issue within Reisenjima with the black surroundings, npcs showing, but unable to move. This was also teamed up with random disconnect while fighting Quetzalcoatl a majority of the time. I did not write the error down however was something similar to "Unable to reserve required memory" Though my rig had 23 gigs unused at the time. I ended up rolling back the HD mods for Reisenjima and Quetz and the issue ended. Any of the other mods worked flawlessly. Just my account.
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2019-02-03 00:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Katas said: »
Had that issue within Reisenjima with the black surroundings, npcs showing, but unable to move. This was also teamed up with random disconnect while fighting Quetzalcoatl a majority of the time. I did not write the error down however was something similar to "Unable to reserve required memory" Though my rig had 23 gigs unused at the time. I ended up rolling back the HD mods for Reisenjima and Quetz and the issue ended. Any of the other mods worked flawlessly. Just my account.

I can confirm that the Reisen mod both black screens me (sometimes) and DCs me from Quetz (sometimes).

However turning Off Bump Mapping has allowed me to keep the Reisen mod without any issues.
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2019-02-03 00:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I most likely won't be posting anymore HD mods, since Amelila now has bought Gigapixel and is using it on character models to upscale I'm going to leave it to him to finish the project off. He can make hd mods far far quicker than the time consuming way I was doing it and I don't wanna spend £100 on that.

Main issue is we are going to end up doing the same things and honestly, that's an awful waste of time. Also have an underlying fear that once the game is fully upgraded it will end up running poorly, and all the effort will of been for nothing. It's hard to keep putting time in with that in the back of my mind.

Amelila doesn't seem to be doing armor/weapon retextures, while you do. And there are a lottttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt of armor/weapons that still needs to be HD'ed.

I would also like to add that I also stream, and many people have commented that "for a game that came out in 2003, this sure looks great". To which I reply, it doesn't, I have a beefy rig + HD mods. I say this because while things like the avatar pack, or the armor mods can be VERY subtle, when taken as a whole it can change how someone views the game
 Carbuncle.Chevalierkraken
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Chevalierkraken 2019-02-03 09:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I most likely won't be posting anymore HD mods, since Amelila now has bought Gigapixel and is using it on character models to upscale I'm going to leave it to him to finish the project off. He can make hd mods far far quicker than the time consuming way I was doing it and I don't wanna spend £100 on that.

Main issue is we are going to end up doing the same things and honestly, that's an awful waste of time. Also have an underlying fear that once the game is fully upgraded it will end up running poorly, and all the effort will of been for nothing. It's hard to keep putting time in with that in the back of my mind.
Don't stop, the modder community for FFXI is already small, if you stop it will be an enormous loss.
Especially because your HD mod have something Amelila don't have.
Many of your mod have much more details than Amelila upscale.
And actually, I have a little complain about amelila NPC mod, the NPC mod have 2k face texture, it's far too high(512 is far enough for the face of the character) and make the loading too long.

As Jugsofholyness, you could focus on weapon/equipment or contact Amelila and colaborate with him asking him what will be his next realese.

You also can try to upgrade some of his mod(as it's now most AI upscale) or some variation of mod (by exemple you made mog house mod for rental mog, Sandy variation for dynamis, and I wonder if you could make a mog house version for 2nd floor too)
By Mazata 2019-02-03 10:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BYBSypO9VM_aGRKWiuzCqJR-OHeNUG1H/view?usp=sharing change flooring and upscale wall textures in dho gates goes in rom9 0 dat 19 make sure to make a backup i didn't include the original

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-02-03 21:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Onimenokyo said: »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/121lyqugwn51gda/All%20HD%20Mods.zip?dl=0

(Current as of Feb 2 2019)

They turned it off! Can't get HD stuff on my new rig now.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Asura.Jugsofholyness 2019-02-04 19:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated monsters pack 1:
Added updated Ark angel textures to cut-scene models that I missed.
Changed collibri I made green in WoTG back to pink.

Updated misc updates pack
Lowered file size of boat dat by 1/3 (mog garden boat)
Updated blue treasure box next to goblin

Updated spells pack
Lowered file sized of most of the dats.

Worried about performance going forward as more are done so lowering sizes of stuff where I can.

Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa. I didn't notice the file differences for HD Monsters and HD Misc, but the HD Spells file size is almost cut in half compared to the original. The quality hasn't been compromised has it <.<
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 46 47 48