users online
Forum » FFXI » Dat Modding » FFXI HD Mods
FFXI HD Mods
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 46 47 48

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2018-12-01 01:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Requesting west and east normal dat with just fog/smoke removed. Adoulin is the one zone I can't have hd mods on for some reason.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Staleyx 2018-12-01 07:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

No just these zones. Desktop i5 1080.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2018-12-01 21:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I decided to have go at re-texturing Nirvana, just wanna get some feedback on what you all think of it, since it's my first time trying something like this.

I made a request yesterday to Wasenshi to maybe finish it from his list a while back, but just decided to see what I could do myself, always enjoyed messing about with hex editing since I was an 8 year old with an equalizer cheat cartrdige for the psx, and I have a basic knowledge of photoshop/G.I.M.P etc.

Re-texture

Original

I'll upload it once I do the rest of it's models sometime tommorow.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2018-12-02 16:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirvana's done.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QH3JH0fCVNdqPuf9Zxn5227O5KWNPcXI/view?usp=sharing
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-12-03 06:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You should make a custom Galka version where there's some chest hair.
Such a mod would drive me nuts <3

lol...
But still, kudos for all the marvelous work you've been doing so far!
 Cerberus.Hokuten
Server: Cerberus
user: Hokuten85
By Cerberus.Hokuten 2018-12-03 09:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

@kireek

Quote:
Don't download the mod from this post unless you want the smoke removed from chimneys due to lag issues with the original zone, it's the east adoulin mod above with smoke removed. someone asked for the smoke removed due to lag issues.

I need to do the same thing in Mhaura with the chimney stacks. I've not yet tried editing zones, but I was going to give it a go. I think I can figure out most of the steps from existing guides, but could you give a quick brief on the steps to remove the smoke?

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Wasenshi
Server: Sylph
user: Senshi
By Sylph.Wasenshi 2018-12-03 15:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kruel said: »
I made a request yesterday to Wasenshi to maybe finish it from his list a while back
Sorry no PM came through on my side anyway did a super quick upscale and added a wood grain overlay

Not sure what full retexture I will do in the future as those take a lot of time
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2018-12-03 15:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wasenshi said: »
Siren.Kruel said: »
I made a request yesterday to Wasenshi to maybe finish it from his list a while back
Sorry no PM came through on my side anyway did a super quick upscale and added a wood grain overlay

Not sure what full retexture I will do in the future as those take a lot of time
Nice.

I didn't send a pm, just posted in this forum then removed it after I did my re-texture.

Thought i'd take it down to save you making it after i'd done it.

It was a spur of the moment thing to have a go myself, like 5 mins after I posted that lol.

I'll definitely re-vist my version when I get more familiar with doing this, just posted this as my first to see if I could get any feedback whether i've done anything wrong, or get some pointers.

Here's a closer look at mine

I went a bit darker in the crevices to try and emulate more depth,and was thinking about a more grainy approach like yours, but just kept it simpler for now till I do more.

I'm sure i'll get better and look back at my first one and update it, but I honestly am unsure if it's good, bad, or average at the moment because anything looks better than the original.
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-12-03 18:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Kruel I tried out your Nirvana DAT and it is fantastic. Thank you for doing it!
[+]
 Valefor.Linh
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Linh 2018-12-03 19:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »
Don't download the mod from this post unless you want the smoke removed from chimneys due to lag issues with the original zone, it's the east adoulin mod above with smoke removed. someone asked for the smoke removed due to lag issues.

Goes in folder rom 9 / 0 /

rename 4.dat to 4backup.dat and rename this mod from 4 no smoke.dat to 4.dat

East Adoulin HD dat with chimney smoke removed.

https://tinyurl.com/y8e83nt6

So not only does Eastern Adoulin look better now, but I never drop below 30 FPS while there now too (4k TV + Triple boxing). It's still a struggle to maintain 60fps while in Adoulin, but @ least i dont drop below 30 anymore while in Eastern

So whatever dafuq you did to this zone, you need to do the same to Western Adoulin and Mhaura please :X
By Staleyx 2018-12-03 21:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

With the smoke from chimneys gone its like night and day now.
 Siren.Kruel
By Siren.Kruel 2018-12-04 02:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!

Was just waiting on any feedback to decide whether I want to maybe do more in the future.

But woulda been no point if I was doing bad work.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Ashleyz 2018-12-07 01:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Can't wait!!!
[+]
By Boshi 2018-12-07 06:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet he’s trying to figure out the floor for lower jeuno main spot the clips all cut off or stop right before that floor pattern.

Very strange circle pattern, the way se like copies and mimics it it's hard to find a texture to match, the lower res helped cover the transitions between panels a lot.
I know Amelila mentioned not being full happy with the one used I the S.Sandy mod

(This pattern is used in S.Sandy, Lower Jeuno, W.Adoulin, E.Adoulin)

I feel like the answer to this would be like using waifu2x to get an upscaled version of the original and maybe overlaying a flat marble surface over it a bit
By Boshi 2018-12-07 10:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
Been a while since I messed with FFXI's graphic settings. I'm loving these HD mods, but the one issue I have is the pixels seem to "shimmer" as I'm moving around. Once I stop, they gradually seem to stop shimmering and stabilize into a static image (pixels close to me stop moving first, pixels further away take a second or two to catch up.

Would adjusting MIP or Bump mapping help with this?

Boshi said: »
from Amelila:

Quote:
FFXI - HD Overhaul3 days ago

For those experiencing "shimmering" textures using my mods: Try reducing your background resolution in the FFXI config utility. For example, if your computer has a screen resolution of 1920x1080, don't set your background resolution above 2048x2048. You should notice an immediate effect when playing the game again

(If you go to the FFXI HD Overhaul user page and click Community tab he has ongoing messages and updates for ppl)

Also discusses advice for ppl seeing a black screen

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2018-12-08 07:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno if this is the right place but, does anyone have the fonts that windower site used to host? xi view or some ***. I just resubbed and I can't stand this eyesore default font poop.
 Leviathan.Dreimar
Server: Leviathan
user: dreimar
By Leviathan.Dreimar 2018-12-08 07:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Woah!! Amazing.
I must confess... cant stop some <eyedrops> falling.
Project like this deserve more cretit from SE. I mean, for a huge colossal company like SE will be soo easy to support/embrace/help producing this project. Granting some ADV/coverage in return, and also subs. Matsui Team, if you are reading this (we know you are è.é) take some initiative! Grab your Boss attention! FFXI Community, maybe little but rock-solid, is still passionate and faithfull.
Anyway, thanks to Amelila and whoever is helping making this possible. Wish i have the skill or the money to help myserf >_<

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 46 47 48