Magic Accuracy And Magic Evasion Formulas.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Magic Accuracy and Magic evasion formulas.
Magic Accuracy and Magic evasion formulas.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-10-02 02:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been looking into calculating player magic accuracy and monster magic evasion.

For the most part the formulas are pretty straight forward but there is an issue or 2 I have here in understanding. Here we go.

M(Magic Accuracy)= Magic Skill + M1 + M2

Magic skill is obvious. M2 is the magic accuracy from your gear and merits.

M1 is the magic accuracy that your stats like mind, chr and int make a contribution too.

My problem is determining M1.

The ratio of magic accuracy to attribute is 1 to 1 until said attribute is greater than the targets attribute + 10.

That leaves me with an obvious question. How is it even possible to calculate a monsters attributes to come up with these numbers?

If any of you read the wiki on this subject you see a clear example of someone citing a Qiqirn Poulterer and saying it had 65 int.

Appreciate any insight that anyone could have.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-10-02 02:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't "evade" magic.

You can resist magic "MDB"

End of story.

GL finding an answer i guess.
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-10-02 02:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Smurfo said:
You can't "evade" magic.

End of story.

Not really looking to get into semantics. I'm not under the impression that a player can "evade" magic outright. I am talking of course about resist rates as mentioned in the url listed here.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Magic_Evasion

So to keep things on point here I'm asking about the M1 calculation of attributes to magic accuracy. If it depends on the monster's int, chr or mind, then how can you determine what the monster's stat is in the first place?
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-02 03:15:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Paulus said:

That leaves me with an obvious question. How is it even possible to calculate a monsters attributes to come up with these numbers?

You calculate M1 exactly the same way as M2.

I am not sure why wiki separates them in to 2 terms. As you are only adding them together.
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-10-02 03:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah so you still have to know the monsters stats, right? How do you determine what the monsters stats are? If I knew my mind totals were less than the mobs stats I could keep my ratio of magic accuracy to mind at 1 to 1.

The mobs stats are all I'd need to determine what my magic acc is actually.

About the only answer I can come up with is that after you hit the maximum on a particular mob you can approximate a mob's stats compared to what yours currently are.

That would mean that you couldn't do this easily with HNM's which makes all of these formulas worthless.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-02 03:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You test it.

Go nuke (or banish/holy) the mob with varying different levels of INT (MND) and MAB, and record the damage (and the stats that lead to that damage).

Then you put that info into the backsolver found on the link below.

That will estimate the INT value of the mob. It isn't perfect, that's why you have to do it for several levels of INT and MAB to eliminate rounding errors.

http://bash74.com/magic/

Edit: Only include unresisted nukes
 Bahamut.Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-10-02 03:39:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow that's a great help. I wondered how people were just willy nilly comming up with these numbers.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-02 03:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

INT is a pretty easy number to come up with.

Although a lot of HNMs have some level of Magic Defence bonus, which confuses matters. But then you just need really big sample of INT and MAB values to work it out.

Other mob stats are more of pain.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-10-02 06:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Paulus said:
Smurfo said:
You can't "evade" magic.

End of story.

Not really looking to get into semantics. I'm not under the impression that a player can "evade" magic outright. I am talking of course about resist rates as mentioned in the url listed here.

So to keep things on point here I'm asking about the M1 calculation of attributes to magic accuracy. If it depends on the monster's int, chr or mind, then how can you determine what the monster's stat is in the first place?

umm what about the augmented gear that specifically says magic evasion + so and so?
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-02 06:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Heimdall said:
Paulus said:
Smurfo said:
You can't "evade" magic.

End of story.

umm what about the augmented gear that specifically says magic evasion + so and so?

Magic evasion exists. But you can not "evade" magic, only resist it...

Increasing your magic evasion is a means of increasing your chance of resisting.

1 magic evasion = 1 resist to all elements.