2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade V1 - January 2018
Ambuscade V1 - January 2018
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Afania 2018-01-14 15:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
1) Did a bit of D on COR/WHM main healing the pt with a BRD/WHM co-healing, it's quite manageable although it can be a bit taxing when multiple melee gets hit with 2+ status ailments.

Still, I would say real healer isn't all that necessary if COR/WHM is enough to heal.

Just main healed a VD run on COR/WHM with NIN x2 + SAM/WAR worked on adds separately. SAM worked on one add NINs worked on another.

Although it's doable it's risky as hell and easier to go wrong too, so don't take no healer setup as best strategy or anything XD.
 Carbuncle.Asora
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Asora 2018-01-14 19:45:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure my SAM strat from page 3 is the most consistent. Hasn't lost yet. No Majin to worry about, no big damage moves, no nothing. The SAM just has to be ready to work his butt off the entire round.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-14 19:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For a good sam its an easy month. quite a few people already play the way this one is set up.

With 1 dd and 5 supports for it.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-14 20:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asora said: »
I'm pretty sure my SAM strat from page 3 is the most consistent. Hasn't lost yet. No Majin to worry about, no big damage moves, no nothing. The SAM just has to be ready to work his butt off the entire round.

Whether you use the crit strat or the SC strat, you still have to deal with mijin. The only difference is it's a little easier to make sure you do the right SC's with a single DD.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2018-01-14 21:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Is the charm from megaboss truly random or triggered by something?
It seems to be there's some sort of connection between casting spells/debuffs on him and being charmed

Any Elemental Spell will put the caster on the charm list or "Axe" list.
Songs don't trigger that.
Enhancing Magic or Light Base Enfeebles and Divine Magic will cause .

I cased a couple songs on the nm and he charmed my brd for what it's worth.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2018-01-14 21:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, just a random fact/alternative to Sam.

I was able to solo off all auras on blu using sword and club ws. Pretty easily too. Well, except for the lancer and distortion. Doing savage > cdc is far too strong. I'd suggest locking on your tp gear and/or finding a sword weaker than even vamparism, obviously almace wrecks it in 2 skillchains, but vamp. even killed it too fast if using actual ws gear.

If your cor is decent you can split shot > fast blade, which seemed to work just fine too.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-14 21:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean pretty much any job can whip out a kc mkris mspear mgs bzag ridill etc.

And self sc.

Sam is the most idiot proof. (of the selfskillchainers)

Being idiotproof is the absolute most valuable thing anything can ever possibly be in this game/community

Sam gets zanshin, excessive stp, very simple gearsets (for what is required) the easiest multihit weapon to get, access to every skillchain and meditate. It's perfect for this.
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-01-14 21:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Did our VD runs tonight with NIN THF RUN BRD GEO WHM taking about 10 minutes per run using the crit hit method.

You can pretty much use any DD with one NIN and make it work.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-14 21:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Can get equal amounts of crit on most jobs too. Nin isn't needed.

Just put on mummu

Theres realistically no reason to exclude any job from this month. Every job can self skillchain, every job can get a good enough crit rate. Every job can use a gimmick weapon to not kill too fast.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-14 22:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Last I checked, there's only 6 jobs on mummu. A good chunk but it's a bit harder to get that much crit on other jobs.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-14 22:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

You can put a critical hit set on any job, doesn't even need to be ilvl. Mummu just happens to be easily available.

(BLM might have a hard time getting to 50% not totally sure)
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-14 22:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's a lot more work for other jobs and might involve gear you don't normally need to care about while anyone who's been consistently playing for a bit should have mummu on hand or on a slip.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-15 01:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
Leviathan.Katriina said: »
Is the charm from megaboss truly random or triggered by something?
It seems to be there's some sort of connection between casting spells/debuffs on him and being charmed

Any Elemental Spell will put the caster on the charm list or "Axe" list.
Songs don't trigger that.
Enhancing Magic or Light Base Enfeebles and Divine Magic will cause .

I cased a couple songs on the nm and he charmed my brd for what it's worth.
I got charmed as soon as I cast Horde Lullaby II once, but that only happened once in like ~8 runs, which is why I was asking if there's something else at play.

Likewise when playing RUN I got charmed as soon as I cast flash but that too happened only once in a few runs. Tbf it happened on the first run and I stopped using Flash since then so this test is less relevant, whereas I kept spamming Horde Lullaby II on BRD regardless of my fear to get charmed.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-15 01:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you get a resist that one time? I think you can cast as much as you want if they're asleep. Sleep is generally safe for that same reason barring resists.

I vaguely recall if you cast on them when they're in the middle of a cast/WS it's safe too but I might be thinking of something else...
 Carbuncle.Asora
By Carbuncle.Asora 2018-01-15 01:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »

Whether you use the crit strat or the SC strat, you still have to deal with mijin. The only difference is it's a little easier to make sure you do the right SC's with a single DD.

That's not true... The Mega Boss never Mijin's when we fight it. As long as you remove his Dark/Light aura every 25%, he won't do it.
 Carbuncle.Asora
By Carbuncle.Asora 2018-01-15 01:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean pretty much any job can whip out a kc mkris mspear mgs bzag ridill etc.

And self sc.

Sam is the most idiot proof. (of the selfskillchainers)

Being idiotproof is the absolute most valuable thing anything can ever possibly be in this game/community

Sam gets zanshin, excessive stp, very simple gearsets (for what is required) the easiest multihit weapon to get, access to every skillchain and meditate. It's perfect for this.

You obviously don't play SAM seriously to call their gearsets "simple".
By Afania 2018-01-15 01:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not true... The Mega Boss never Majin's when we fight it. As long as you remove his Dark/Light aura every 25%, he won't do it.

That's his point, lol.
 Carbuncle.Asora
By Carbuncle.Asora 2018-01-15 01:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

That's not true... The Mega Boss never Majin's when we fight it. As long as you remove his Dark/Light aura every 25%, he won't do it.

That's his point, lol.

I don't understand the point he's making. If you go the SAM SC route, there's no risk of him doing Mijin Gakure. So that's where my confusion lies.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-15 01:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The same method you use to prevent it with SAM also works if you go the crit route. The difference in crit/SC route is only for the little guys, the boss is exactly the same.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-01-15 02:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it’s worth, Aura isn’t every 25% ....
It’s quite random and connected to the start of elemental wheel cycle!
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-15 02:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the aura starts as he casts Utsu: San which is right before he starts the wheel. At the end of the wheel is when he Mijin's.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-01-15 02:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed that I wrote “after” haha and fixed it..thanks!
I need coffee!
By Afania 2018-01-15 02:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the aura starts as he casts Utsu: San which is right before he starts the wheel. At the end of the wheel is when he Mijin's.

Is it possible to prevent Mijin if you stun every spells then? Or will he just proceed with next spell? What about Stymie Silence?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-15 02:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if anyone's tested that considering you can use the method Asora mentioned to cancel out the aura+mijin. There's also the fact that silence will trigger the charm counter on your rdm, lol.

I guess someone could try leg sweeping and see if he just continues the wheel but offhand I dunno if he's even susceptible to stun
By Afania 2018-01-15 02:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if anyone's tested that considering you can use the method Asora mentioned to cancel out the aura+mijin. There's also the fact that silence will trigger the charm counter on your rdm, lol.

I guess someone could try leg sweeping and see if he just continues the wheel but offhand I dunno if he's even susceptible to stun

Silence it when it's slept!
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-01-15 02:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s completly immune to silence.
The only two ways we Saw it work:
1-Disengage before last element and BRD sleeps.
2-Lock it on light Aura and keep removing dark one.
Edit: also note that his resistance to lullaby increases the more it’s used.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-15 05:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you get a resist that one time?
Never seen a single (full) resist on Lullaby throughout countless different cast on VD.
I was using Horde Lullaby as a mean to remove Utsusemi San.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-15 06:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you get a resist that one time?
Never seen a single (full) resist on Lullaby throughout countless different cast on VD.
I was using Horde Lullaby as a mean to remove Utsusemi San.

Ah, in that case I assume melees were hitting it so it was probably awake fast enough that it was still within the magic counter window.
By Darksparksnot 2018-01-15 09:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When i see cor/whm i die inside, my cor is main dd in this month abuscade.