Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Planning a move
Planning a move
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-12-23 00:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I can’t speak for any server other than Bahamut... sure it’s a low population but by some grace of what ever I was able to build a large(30-50 peak, 15-25 low) linkshell. We are active and do a lot of content. My shell gives home to 5-10% of server population. At any given time. IMHO having open and available and active*** shells makes a smaller server seem much bigger.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-12-23 00:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I'm jealous of Asura for is their auction house. Other than that, everything else can be accomplished just fine on a backwater server (see leviathan). But what I'd give for the access to materials and hqs that a server 5 times the size of mine has.
[+]
By Justuas 2017-12-23 02:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Schizm Gallantry said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Asura is a steaming pile of ***.

But you only have the choice of pile of ***, or ghost town.

Pick your poison.

Really these days with Trusts, you could do alot on your own without anybody's help. It's just nice to look around and not feel like you just installed your own server.

Hell these days, the private servers worked some more bugs out and they have a solid following.

Even servers like Nasomi went old school like DarkStar. But....that might not be everyone's cup of tea.
what does this have to do with anything? Go back to your shitty private servers.
 Asura.Ryujinjakka
Server: Asura
user: Antonaki
By Asura.Ryujinjakka 2017-12-23 02:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were given a choice in real life, between living on a small ish island with a tight knit group of people who worked together to get stuff done, or, live on the same island but instead of people that worked together, it was mostly full of greedy fat *** that would rather you chopped off your own limbs to use as food, than actually share or work with you to fix the problem. Which would you choose?
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-12-23 03:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not the trolls and yells that are the problem on Asura, its the massive amount of stupid.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-23 04:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
The only thing I'm jealous of Asura for is their auction house. Other than that, everything else can be accomplished just fine on a backwater server (see leviathan). But what I'd give for the access to materials and hqs that a server 5 times the size of mine has.
Just use mules to come and buy/sell and then another to move it back. Pretty sure a lot of people pop over to buy Alex and return to their servers.

Meh, if you're willing to pay $40 to jump twice and make some gil, that's just buying cheap gil. If you don't make more than 60m profit from the jump it's just not worth the effort.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Danz
Server: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2017-12-23 08:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cloudstrafie said: »
Good luck man hate to see ya go
not a said thing yet. just a consideration. i did find a LS that seems to be pretty active.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-23 09:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ryujinjakka said: »
If you were given a choice in real life, between living on a small ish island with a tight knit group of people who worked together to get stuff done, or, live on the same island but instead of people that worked together, it was mostly full of greedy fat *** that would rather you chopped off your own limbs to use as food, than actually share or work with you to fix the problem. Which would you choose?

Hate when people make analogies like this. It's not the same. Ffxi is a game and I can turn off ***when I don't feel like dealing with ***.

My biggest gripe about Asura is that nearly 90% of the people with remas and capped stars are some pretty horrendous players all around. They've bought everything and learned nothing.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-23 10:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, Asura doesn't have a significantly different percentage of *** to normal people.

The higher population makes the *** and trolls more visible because they can more easily bounce off each other in /yell, but when you're actually doing content outside of /yelling the vast majority of people are nice. There might be a slightly higher proportion of jerks (because people like that gravitate towards the places with the most people to annoy), but I can't remember the last time I had a blatantly unpleasant experience when actually doing stuff due to the other people.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2017-12-23 10:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
200 JPs spamming yells and excluding you
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Elazar1 2017-12-23 10:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bottom line is there will always be morons, trolls on any server, and crap players. And more people equals more trolls, better then watching Japanese yells on baha for 5 hours. And for all the people that are on asura that don’t like this crap on asura. My question to you all is if you don’t like it and *** and moan about it why are you still on the server? Hear this junk on a new forum every other week. It’d busy, it has trolls like anywhere get over it.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2017-12-23 10:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
My biggest gripe about Asura is that nearly 90% of the people with remas and capped stars are some pretty horrendous players all around. They've bought everything and learned nothing.

Maybe its true but its on every server regardless of population.

To me I appreciate a server like Asura! the amount of information shared by them due to competition is always exciting and they managed over the years to add a lot to the game.

Usually it boils down to your allocated time to play and the group you play with, some prefer static groups others lean towards solo play/PUG when needed.
I can imagine Asura able to accommodate both quite effectively, yet when it comes to personal grinding/farming it could hinder it.
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-12-23 11:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Stay off Asura, its overcrowded to the point that on certain nights, u cant pop nms in escha zones because everybody and their mothers are out there. The player base is also pretty bad, a good amount of players have payed for their gear and you can tell. Most new linkshells break due to them not wanting to put in the work to learn and grow with eachother to accomplish goals, they expect a "1 and done" situation which doesnt happen. PUGs are also bad for th same reason so a ls is your best shot at getting anything done. I suggest Odin or Fenrir, they are active but the population is lower so it shouldnt be as bad
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-23 11:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Boogerballs said: »
Stay off Asura, its overcrowded to the point that on certain nights, u cant pop nms in escha zones because everybody and their mothers are out there. The player base is also pretty bad, a good amount of players have payed for their gear and you can tell. Most new linkshells break due to them not wanting to put in the work to learn and grow with eachother to accomplish goals, they expect a "1 and done" situation which doesnt happen. PUGs are also bad for th same reason so a ls is your best shot at getting anything done. I suggest Odin or Fenrir, they are active but the population is lower so it shouldnt be as bad

You're not allowed to complain about it when you're part of the problem.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-23 11:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't get me wrong. I know it happens everywhere. The foolery is exacerbated on Asura. Sometimes it's funny. For someone coming to this server they might want to know they have a bigger population pool, but still harder to vet the competent players.

I love the server and it's exactly the reason why I left Lakshmi. Literally would yell for hours and couldn't field a htbf or cp group. Zero issues finding people for anything over here now.

You can criticize the server a little bit of you're trying to give someone from the outside the good with the bad. Don't get sensitive or offended by it, it is what it is. Just giving the full deal. It's certainly worth the 18$
[+]
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2017-12-23 11:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Boogerballs said: »

You're not allowed to complain about it when you're part of the problem.

im part of the solution. and when i have an issue, atleast i talk ***on my main and not so random nobody mule
 Asura.Boogerballs
By Asura.Boogerballs 2017-12-23 11:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats another issue with the server, the ones talking ***and making yells unbearable at times are totally anonymous so they receive no backlash. Its both sad and pathetic. As for me, yeah i talk ***in yells but its just the hard truth the snowflakes need to hear.
By fonewear 2017-12-23 11:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There is too big of a gap on Asura is the popularity kills it. When you get a mass migration all to the one server. You get all the ***you don't like all in the same place. Mercs trolls noobs socially awkard noobs elitist ***. If you are looking to build a community you want to keep that ***at bay.
By fonewear 2017-12-23 11:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Reasons to come to Asura are easy to find stuff on AH and mercs if you need wins for aeonic etc. That is about it. There is no community.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-23 11:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It'd be awesome if there was a piece of ***free server, you could go to freely, but be kicked out of if you became "undesirable".

It'd be small at first but it'd pop off eventually.

Too bad we can't have nice things.
By fonewear 2017-12-23 11:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The old adage the grass looks greener on the other side. Then you get to other side and miss where you cam from. Short term things seem great but you might miss friends etc.

If by some miracle you could get your entire linskhell to move to the same server that would be great. But the odds of that happening are almost zero.
[+]
By Elazar1 2017-12-23 11:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Reasons to come to Asura are easy to find stuff on AH and mercs if you need wins for aeonic etc. That is about it. There is no community.
I don’t entirely agree with the 2nd part I’ve had no issues finding good players to hang out with and get things done and also made a ton of friends in the months I’ve been there, I don’t know maybe I’m just lucky or the server is what you make it to be.
By fonewear 2017-12-23 12:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Elazar1 said: »
fonewear said: »
I don’t entirely agree with the 2nd part I’ve had no issues finding good players to hang out with and get things done and also made a ton of friends in the months I’ve been there, I don’t know maybe I’m just lucky or the server is what you make it to be.

Sure you can find a community but in the short time I spent there. I found it difficult to find people I'd want to hang out with as you put it.

Put it simply it isn't necessarily the solution to go from a low population server to a crowded one.

My recommendation would be if you want to try Asura give it a month or two. If you don't like after that. You are probably best going back to where you came from.

See if you can convince a friend to come with you. Without knowing anyone on a new server it feels like starting over.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-12-23 12:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That's horrible advice, and exactly why there wont be merges. You just said that last page. lol.

Why stay where you are when you can pay us $20 to try asura!

And hate it and pay us another $20 to go back or try another server!
By fonewear 2017-12-23 12:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That's horrible advice, and exactly why there wont be merges. You just said that last page. lol.

Why stay where you are when you can pay us $20 to try asura!

And hate it and pay us another $20 to go back or try another server!

If you can't afford 20 dollars for a transfer maybe you need to re evaluate what you are doing with your life.

And some people are overly attached to a name and are afraid they will lose it. Which is a dumb reason to not transfer.
[+]