Constant Crash R0? Anyone?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Constant Crash R0? Anyone?
Constant Crash R0? Anyone?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Odin.Rajih
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Rajih
By Odin.Rajih 2017-11-25 00:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Odin.Rajih said: »
pretty much unplayable for me today, pretty sick of this to the point where I feel like I deserve a refund for this month...

Why would you get a refund?

it's just kind of frustrating that i'm paying to log in for 5min and get kicked off? probably more frustrating that they haven't said anything about this problem
p.s. i know a refund is stupid i'm just kind of angry atm hahaha, at least a repeat of this CP campaign tho! i can't do anything >.<
 Asura.Rathood
Server: Asura
By Asura.Rathood 2017-11-25 06:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty much unplayable for me today, pretty sick of this to the point where I feel like I deserve a refund for this month...

it's just kind of frustrating that i'm paying to log in for 5min and get kicked off? probably more frustrating that they haven't said anything about this problem
p.s. i know a refund is stupid i'm just kind of angry atm hahaha, at least a repeat of this CP campaign tho! i can't do anything >.<

Refund for a dc lol
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2017-11-25 07:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rathood said: »

Refund for a dc lol

It's more than just a 'lol dc' though...There is no reliable connection, so no reliable way of tackling content when you can expect to be disconnected from it part way through. So paying for a service that you cant really utilise to its full potential.
[+]
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2017-11-25 07:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

at this point i can't even tell if its just me or if its actually the servers cause no one in my ls really seems as effected by it. i've been getting pol-2059 error i believe. Both my characters will start to dc sometimes they both reconnect, sometimes only one d/cs if I afk for a few hours I come back and they are both d/c'd!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-11-25 07:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

99% of the people in my LS (living in several different european, middleeastern and american places) are being affected.

It usually affects different groups of people at different times.
It lasts a few seconds, then it comes back.
Some people (usually those who are multiboxing) also get one of their toons randomly DCing when that happens, whereas that DC thing never occurred to me, just the R0.

It happens every, I dunno, 20 minutes? More or less. Maybe a bit more.
It started after the last patch for us.
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2017-11-25 07:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

speak of the devil they both just d/c'd. they were r0ing and then they both recovered and then randomly it kicked both of them off 30 seconds to a minute later with no warning
 Asura.Smoky
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2017-11-25 08:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I R0 every 30ish minutes and get "connection lost" at times. This sucks.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-11-25 08:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Can confirm this has been happening since the update on Cerberus. Sometimes you see a good amount of people disconnecting at the same time. It was happening in Dynamis-D as well, some people disconnect completely, some manage to come back. I've had both, I'm just praying each time I see R0 that I'll be coming back. Odd that SE hasn't closed the servers to fix the issue by now.
By whitemage 2017-11-25 09:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not a joke... sometimes it happens every few minutes: either R0 or disconnect. Today, it happened during Dynamis-Divergence run. Made me look bad as healer for a new group. It took several attempts to actually get logged back in... ; ;

By fonewear 2017-11-25 09:13:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The best people disconnecting can hope for is when the Dec update comes they look into this.

Also this is why there should be servers for each region from the start...NA/EU/Japan.
By Jetackuu 2017-11-25 09:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just don't comprehend why you'd want a refund from SE.

Listen to this guy, he knows his stuff:

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
However, since the problem location is neither in your ISP nor SE's control, it's not one that you can readily complain about. I know everyone is looking for a target to blame, but realistically it is not their fault.
By Jetackuu 2017-11-25 09:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
The best people disconnecting can hope for is when the Dec update comes they look into this.

Also this is why there should be servers for each region from the start...NA/EU/Japan.

Not a SE issue, and that's ludicrous pointless overhead with no real benefit.
By fonewear 2017-11-25 09:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it may not be a SE issue but their approach to fixing problems seems lazy at best.

This is the same company that doesn't know how to fix monk...how you expect them to fix anything.
By whitemage 2017-11-25 09:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we really sure that it isn't an SE issue?
People reported issues since the version update (Nov. 8th) and others since Nov. 14th when SE supposed resolved players disconnecting / network issues, yet hundreds (+?) of people are still experiencing the same problems. For me its been happening since the version update. Just a coincidence? Not so sure about that.

We I guess it might be an issue for SE if it isn't fixed and a bunch of people leave FFXI because of it.
By fonewear 2017-11-25 09:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not FFXI but I'm assuming this is the problem:

DDoS attacks are performed by intentionally burdening servers or networks with more accesses than can be processed and they affect services. However, we are employing defensive functions on a daily basis in order to ensure that our equipment and upstream ISPs are affected as minimally as a possible.

There are many instances where these defensive functions block the attacks and prevent services from being affected, but as of October 27th, there have been continual intermittent attacks that use a new pattern, and the DDoS attacks made against the North American data center and upstream ISPs affiliated with the North American data center are particularly intense. When this happens, from several hundred to a maximum of twenty-thousand people get disconnected from the network.

Considering the nature of DDoS attacks, it is difficult to address all possible patterns in advance, so we are working with upstream ISPs to limit the effects on services as much as possible when an attack occurs, and we are preparing ourselves so that we can swiftly reinforce defensive functions as soon as a new attack pattern is detected.

We are aware that users are deeply inconvenienced by this, but we are continuing to employ the greatest possible defenses, so we hope you will continue to enjoy FINAL FANTASY XIV.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/347a72c84cc4efc7fc3179d8437d341dbcf750b1
By whitemage 2017-11-25 10:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I submitted a trouble ticket with the Square Enix Support Center. I encourage others who are experiencing problems to take the time to do the same thing:

http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=20&la=1
By whitemage 2017-11-25 12:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

SE must be aware that an abnormally higher number of players are disconnecting more frequently than usual via some type of log...
By fonewear 2017-11-25 13:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

whitemage said: »
SE must be aware that an abnormally higher number of players are disconnecting more frequently than usual via some type of log...

You give them too much credit. They do the bare minimum.
By fonewear 2017-11-25 13:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you guys tried this:

[+]
 Odin.Rajih
By Odin.Rajih 2017-11-25 14:09:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said: »

Refund for a dc lol

It's more than just a 'lol dc' though...There is no reliable connection, so no reliable way of tackling content when you can expect to be disconnected from it part way through. So paying for a service that you cant really utilise to its full potential.

this. and I said in my post a refund is stupid im not that dumb to expect something like that. I was just thinking what the hell am I paying for right now? think you underestimate how bad it is
By fonewear 2017-11-25 14:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mitchel said: »

Refund for a dc lol

this. and I said in my post a refund is stupid im not that dumb to expect something like that. I was just thinking what the hell am I paying for right now? think you underestimate how bad it is

Then quit and stop bugging the rest of us ! It isn't a SE problem like Comeatmebro said earlier. I don't know what you expect them to do.
 Odin.Rajih
By Odin.Rajih 2017-11-25 14:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i mean damn, i'm just trying to talk to the other people who are going through the same thing as me dude. or people who actually still play. it's obviously not just me posting on here about this, jeez lol
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By IBHalliwell 2017-11-25 15:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm seeing the issue on Ragnarok. My Son and I have 3 POL accounts and we'll see one of us get R=0 and the other 2 accounts are fine. We'll also see 1 OK and the other two will disconnect completely.

We'll also see - sometimes - after a DC POL won't let us back on because no connection is available.

I started doing Netstat -b, finding the pol.exe IP addresses and pinging them. When a ping fails, I'll start up a tracert.

It seems the issue moves around. Sometimes an IP address (always the 124.150.154.xxx is the failing IP address, but sometimes the IP will be good with one character. The next day a different character connects to the same IP address and R=0 to DC occurs.

NOTE: Nothing else at the time (e.g. browser, skype, discord, etc) goes down.