Link | Quote | Reply

btw heres the youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INvEqGhsQDY

aug talk starts at 1:08:00

live performance of the ending ROV song is at 2:13:50
By Afania 2018-08-25 11:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
"Meet certain conditions" may imply that it's something you have to do before you can start the process of augmenting in the first place. That would imply:

Step 1: To flag the process, you either need to fight a Wave 3 boss, or pay an unknown number of job points. After this point, you are flagged for the quest, but may or may not have accumulated any RP from those steps.

Step 2: Accumulate RP, utilizing unknown (other than boss farming) methods. JP may or may not be an option, but we don't know yet.

Compare it to making a JSE weapon for Oboro. Step 1, getting one of the myriad relevant SoA clears only lets you begin the augmenting process, but it's unrelated to step 2, the actual gaining of points via plutons/beitetsu/boulders.

With the current wording and tiny tidbit of knowledge we have, it could go either way.

There are 2 possibility from SE wordings:
1) You need to pay wave 3 boss points OR JP before you can complete step 1, then you can do step 2 and get "RP" via another method.

2) Once you have wave 3 boss point OR JP(step 1), then you can convert those points to RP(step2)

Seems like 2) to me but of course I can be completely wrong.

Edit: Someone just posted old dev post.....reading it again it looks like JP or wave 3 boss point is just to flag the weapon. Meh.

Either way wave3 NM farming and JP step is interchangable. So DREAM upgrade for everyone no matter how casual you are.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-25 11:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The quote by Excellia on the last page says that Step 1 is a flagging process, rather than a point-gaining process, implying the first possibility is what they are going for.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-25 11:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've always had a history of never understanding what they actually mean when they write explanations for things but I was thinking it was the second description you outlined. To me, I'm thinking about the "two paths" they used to upgrade rema weapons to 119 III. You could either trade 1 Stone if your weapon was already AG, or if it wasn't, 10,000. This have two possibilities for both over achiever players as well as everyone else. Of course, the over achievers had the easier acquisition method.

Just following their trend in that area.
By Afania 2018-08-25 11:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The quote by Excellia on the last page says that Step 1 is a flagging process, rather than a point-gaining process, implying the first possibility is what they are going for.

Tbh unless they make wave 3 boss drop something then it makes wave 3 very irrelevant. 500 JP cost 35m to merc, and it's not possible for a job to hold more than 500. So if JP is used to flag a quest it's probably something like 500 JP.

Unless wave 3 clear cost less than 35m-40m it seems that it's cheaper to pay for JP instead.

Or unless it cost 2000 JP to flag the quest, in that case I wouldn't know how that would do if you can't hold 2000 JP at all.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-08-25 11:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fujito said after the last FP40 video that he overspoke, as people were upset that Dynamis D bosses would be the only way. He then said they will look into alternative methods to upgrade which are more solo friendly instead of requiring a well geared group to kill the wave 3 bosses.

I really believe there will be these two methods. Will we be able to do both JPs AND bosses? That is the question.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-25 11:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They could make the NPC like Temporix, the merit point one that stores points. Once you've reached a certain number of job points spent, it opens up the ability to augment rema further
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-25 11:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they've ever used that general wording to specifically refer to trading items/whatever in, instead of just referring to farming the items/requirements themselves. For augmenting Oboro JSE, for example, they went:

Step 1: Trade plutons/boulders/beitetsu

instead of

Step 1: Farm plutons/boulders/beitetsu
Step 2: Accumulate RP by trading plutons/boulders/beitetsu
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-25 11:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Their dev team has a horrible way of explaining very simple things. When they created omen farming path, they decided to say "new paths have now been introduced, including ones without mid bosses". That made it sound like several paths were being created when it was only just one. You can't ever decipher what they truly mean until it gets released because they have a really bad way over overcomplicating very simple processes
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-25 12:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine they talked about it more in-depth than just that slide, so we'll probably know more when someone that knows Japanese to some degree has time to sit through that part of the video.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-25 12:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

From a business perspective it makes total sense to introduce a casual method... brings all of your subscribers new content rather than a select few, and the slow ones take more months of active subscriptions to finish.

Should be happy the slow way won't be the only way.
By Afania 2018-08-25 12:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
From a business perspective it makes total sense to introduce a casual method... brings all of your subscribers new content rather than a select few, and the slow ones take more months of active subscriptions to finish.

Should be happy the slow way won't be the only way.

Ever since SE made REMA obtainable by the majority the pandoras box is already opened. At this point it's impossible to lock REMA exclusive to hardcore raider anymore.

These days we'll probably see casual player having 1-2 upgraded REMA and multiple functional sets v.s hardcore player/career job players having all rema and multiple SU5 on every path and BiS in every set. The gap between hardcore and casual is still there, I'd say probably bigger than before, on the same time casual players probably won't feel being excluded completely.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Server: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-08-25 12:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Misread earlier. Really does look like you can complete the whole process with just JP. Now the question is how much JP vs how much RP, and the difference in time investment between the two.

Also, interesting that none of these require any sellable items. I thought they would include id cards or medals for at least part of it. I guess you can always pay for JP though (although this isn't common on my server, but may change when this update drops). Highly likely that we get a CP campaign next month to go with this update as well (SE please don't make me eat my words here).
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-25 12:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The details of Step 2 are still unknown; we don't know if that process will be doable with JP, and sellable items could be involved there.
By Afania 2018-08-25 12:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The details of Step 2 are still unknown; we don't know if that process will be doable with JP, and sellable items could be involved there.

I personally wish it requires some serious grind.........the powercreep from the upgrade isn't small. If it's something as simple as 500 JP which can be done in a day pretty soon we'll see majority of community running with new REMA slaughtering things, which is bad for game longevity.
By malakef 2018-08-25 12:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Are we even sure the Weapons will require RP? I mean from the pictures only the Neck has the 25/25 rank level on it. Weapons could be random augments per x number JP or boss kills.
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-25 12:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a triangle on weapon pic but not the neck. Neck only has 1 page of stat but weapon has more than 1 pages. So we probably just don't see the rank or something.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-25 12:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That's because only the neck has had the entire stats page shown. We're only being shown page 2 (of 3) for the weapons for space reasons, and the RP displays are on page 3.
[+]
 Bahamut.Newzarb
Server: Bahamut
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2018-08-25 14:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

According to this tweet of a guy who probably watched the stream, upgrade is pretty straightforward

Quote:
On strengthening RMEA.
· Fight against Wave 3 boss.
· Pay job points
* However, it is condition that it is job master and RMEA is strengthened.
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-08-25 14:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Newzarb said: »

So AG currency about to blow up?
By SimonSes 2018-08-25 14:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »

Every single self aware person has known that for months now.
Especially Beitetsu for all those bandwagoned Nirvanas without AG (unless all path for Nirvana will include only augments for master, but i highly doubt that)
[+]
 Bahamut.Newzarb
user: newzarb
By Bahamut.Newzarb 2018-08-25 14:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Since there's no AG for Aeonics I bet strengthened just means ilvl 119
 Bismarck.Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-08-25 14:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Malothar said: »

Probably depending on if some RMEAs previously not BiS become BiS or competitive with the upgrade.
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2018-08-25 14:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Every single self aware person has known that for months now.

I've been back in the game for under 4 weeks from a 2.5~ year break, I didn't even 100% know about augments and junk til about a week ago. I've slacked on getting Idris upgraded, was more important upgrades at the time. :|
By SimonSes 2018-08-25 14:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »

I kinda doubt that will have an effect. It's more about which group of weapons had some usable and popular ones without needing AG. Most Relics arent really usable before AG. Most Empy too. Now Mythics/Ergons.. Nirvana being the prime example here, but also Idris, Yagrush, Carnwenhan. There will be a LOT ppl rushing AG for those 4 weapons probably.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-08-25 14:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Good thing i have all 5 staves ready for this ***.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-25 15:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

While there is no afterglow version of aeonics, they are +269 already. To me an afterglowed RME is the same "strengthened" as an aeonic.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2018-08-25 15:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda doubt that will have an effect. It's more about which group of weapons had some usable and popular ones without needing AG. Most Relics arent really usable before AG. Most Empy too. Now Mythics/Ergons.. Nirvana being the prime example here, but also Idris, Yagrush, Carnwenhan. There will be a LOT ppl rushing AG for those 4 weapons probably.

Sure. But also for the RMEA that weren't worth making since they aren't BiS. If those weapons become BiS after this update, people are going to rush to make those as well. Will all depend on how these augments affect the BiS rankings for each weapon.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-08-25 15:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure. But also for the RMEA that weren't worth making since they aren't BiS. If those weapons become BiS after this update, people are going to rush to make those as well. Will all depend on how these augments affect the BiS rankings for each weapon.

for smn it's pretty cut and dry. nirvana will stay best for phys pacts, draum will become new magic pact staff. the rest will remain trash.
First Page 2 3 ... 65 66 67 ... 432 433 434