You win fam
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-06-21 12:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Plot twist III: The -1 escutcheon shield versions drop on this third wave, and can somehow be restored and used (but not able to be upgraded further) on other 110 craft characters... sure it would make no sense lore wise, but neither does fomor in the cities.

They do not exist in game right now, and I do not know what else they would do with them.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 12:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solymr said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
So yes, people who made the final stage shields are about to make a *** TON of money, because literally no one else can compete.

(assuming the weapons are good) aka; only the sword

Don't be the idiot that buys the first one, or the second one. Or the third one.

They are going to have to do something about shields are they not? Taking woodworking for example. Lets assume its needed for the sch and blm weapons. How many servers even have WW shields on them? Are they going to make it literally impossible for sch and blm on the servers that don't have a WW shield to complete a weapon? I totally get that they want to keep these things rare, especially now that people are burning through an aeonic in a weekend. But rare is one thing and impossible is another. It feels like shield requirements would need to be lowered.

I fully expect no single shield will be used to make any single weapon.

I expect a Log to be made by the WW shield, an Ingot to be made by the smith shield/gold shield/ leather for leather etc.

And the combination used to make the weapon. So that no one shield is heavily needed.

EXCEPT the cooking shield, cause what the *** is the point of making that shield.
By Nyarlko 2018-06-21 12:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Plot twist III: The -1 escutcheon shield versions drop on this third wave, and can somehow be restored and used (but not able to be upgraded further) on other 110 craft characters... sure it would make no sense lore wise, but neither does fomor in the cities.

They do not exist in game right now, and I do not know what else they would do with them.

Not-serious speculation: Could be planning to add the Escutcheon-1's to Mog Bonanza, which could be upgraded to a real one by paying a bunch of Pagodite. >_>
 Sylph.Wardeniv
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2018-06-21 12:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

While hoping for new content, a third Dynamis wave wasn't exactly what I had in mind. Hopefully it will at least lead to completely skipping Waves 1/2 and going straight to the bosses. Then it can have a half-assed new car smell for at least a month.

Been thirsty AF for Empyrean +2/+3 armor for a few months now to finally +3 these:

Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-06-21 12:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So yes, people who made the final stage shields are about to make a *** TON of money, because literally no one else can compete.

Don't be the idiot that buys the first one, or the second one. Or the third one.

They are going to have to do something about shields are they not? Taking woodworking for example. Lets assume its needed for the sch and blm weapons. How many servers even have WW shields on them? Are they going to make it literally impossible for sch and blm on the servers that don't have a WW shield to complete a weapon? I totally get that they want to keep these things rare, especially now that people are burning through an aeonic in a weekend. But rare is one thing and impossible is another. It feels like shield requirements would need to be lowered.

I expect a Log to be made by the WW shield, an Ingot to be made by the smith shield/gold shield/ leather for leather etc.

And the combination used to make the weapon. So that no one shield is heavily needed.

EXCEPT the cooking shield, cause what the *** is the point of making that shield.

Obviously for a divine Gordon Ramsey-esque Crepe that gives the NPC motivation to make our weapons for us.
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-06-21 12:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

crazy new foods? acc +150 att 300 STP +15? would be cool!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 12:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything short of Brews, not good enough to justify the process of making the shield.
zaxtiss said: »
crazy new foods? acc +150 att 300 STP +15? would be cool!

Your idea of "Crazy" falls quite short of actually crazy.
 Asura.Solymr
user: Barber
By Asura.Solymr 2018-06-21 12:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

In this example if the lumber was used to create the weapon it would still require a WW shield to exist on a server or creation would be impossible. I actually could see them doing this similar to relic +3 upgrades where ingredients from multiple crafts are needed. But in this case a lumber might be used in most (or ALL) of the weapons which would make any weapon impossible for a server that didn't have a WW shield. I'm just using WW as an example as the market for current WW items isn't as strong as say bone/gold/etc so fewer shields of that type are being made.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 12:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

All that matters is Asura has a shield.

There exists at least one of each.

I still expect (every) weapon to be this;

1 lumber, 1 ingot, 1 gem, 1 thread, 1 leather, 1 (bone type thing), 1 alchemical thing and "base item that drops in dynamis" or is bought for "100,000,000 points to be named later"

At least... that's how I would do it... which means there is absolutely zero chance that's how they will.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-21 13:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Just sad... this is their big update... locked behind a 60 hr event...

Prolly will be trash... prove me wrong se... be nice if I was wrong for a change
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-06-21 13:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I mentioned it before but will repeat again, imagine its the synergy strike back where u need XX-type aurum shield in party for the rest to be able to synth XX weapon, of course these mats will be expensive as *** and the +1 change will be 1%.

I say synergy because its been dead outside fotia synths since years lol, it really needs some sort of bumping imo.

About the update: this will force people to go on XX strats instead of -i want this clear for my 10th job- if they wanna ride these weapons, will be interesting to see how it develops.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-21 13:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheese sandwich +2
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-21 13:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If they are good... which I don't think SE understands how to do at this point...
By Nyarlko 2018-06-21 13:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambrosia+1, 7hr duration: All attributes +14, Resist all status +14, acc/macc/racc+140, atk/ratk+140, mab/mdb+14

Amrita+1, 1hr duration (drink): Refresh/Regen/(Regain?)+10

... Do it SE. Give my cooking brothers something nice once in a while.
By Nyarlko 2018-06-21 13:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
If they are good... which I don't think SE understands how to do at this point...

Given what they've said in FPs and on JPside of the OF, I'm expecting similar base stats to current RMEA weapons (skill+269.)
Won't be surprised at all if they end up being BIS for situations where AM is not reasonable to manage, and will be very surprised if they don't take the spot as BIS offhand at the very least for DW jobs.

We'll find out next month whether the rest of the stats on them make them live up to the devs' hype I guess.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 14:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Given Squares track record;

These weapons will be (see Delve) HOLY *** ***OH MY GOD WHAT IN THE ACTUAL *** ARE THESE WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS.

or... (see skirmish weapons) High base damage, garbage. Cause that was a great idea... *eyeroll*

I mean like... they're not going to have "X"a STP acc/att+80 or "stat+50" like REMA do... so... *shrug*

Think; "What would it take to make me go, Damn, I really need that more than Lionheart" and then try to justify the 2* Billion gil price tag that a shield carries to make the sword.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-21 14:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Cards are a steady but sorta guaranteed progress.

What he'e saying is that both have the same rate of progression. With Omen you get slow and predictable progression, Dynamis is also slow but unpredictable. The ~average~ rate of progression ends up being the same but they feel different. Also because Dynamis progress is shared progress, there is a huge penalty applied people who dog pile on the same jobs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-21 14:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, when they came out with Utu Grip, everyone was foaming at the mouth because of the unique stat that applied dex modifiers to ws calculation, in addition to the acc/att (on a strap slot). That was one of the few recent additions to gear that made me say "wow". At this point, they'd need to either give up +100 something/weapon or create a unique stat (like how aeonics unlocked radiance/umbra, hepatizon/beryllium unlocked weaponskills).

The big question is what direction they go, and will it make other weapons useless. Perhaps they could give weapons that are not the job's main weapon, but give a huge bonus to their next-best (or even worst) weapon skill class. Seeing a Monk with a competitive staff might be pretty unique. Or Paladin with a polearm might be interesting.

Honestly, there's a handful of weaponskills in the game that players cannot learn on their own. I wouldn't mind learning a few of them just because. I've been asking for Throwing WS for the longest time, but that's about the only thing that would make me say "yeah, I need to go out and get that". It would have to really be unique and not just "let's throw more STR on this SAM GKT, cuz balance".
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-06-21 14:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

honestly in terms of the shields I'm picturing a synergy situation where are have to have anyone with any shield in party for the synergy. Note they said the key item as a generic key item. I don't expect this to actually produce items, just take the mats and the original weapon, add the person, and you pay for the skill. That way shield owners can't flood the market with the upgrade mats.
By vm0d 2018-06-21 15:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
July will bring along with it Wave 3 for all Dynamis – Divergence areas.

"Wave 3"

That face when "big july update" is just more dienamis.

where is this quoted from?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-21 15:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

vm0d said: »

where is this quoted from?
The... front.... page...?
[+]
By vm0d 2018-06-21 15:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ah haha, i was looking all over for a full post. i didn't even see the teaser blurb.
By Nyarlko 2018-06-21 16:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
honestly in terms of the shields I'm picturing a synergy situation where are have to have anyone with any shield in party for the synergy. Note they said the key item as a generic key item. I don't expect this to actually produce items, just take the mats and the original weapon, add the person, and you pay for the skill. That way shield owners can't flood the market with the upgrade mats.

LOLOLOL XD
I say this as an avid synergist...
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-21 16:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I bet the weapons will be 269 skill and just a butt load of muti hit with dt - aftermath prolly will be link to quest ws if there is one
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-21 17:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There were at least 3 weapon skills that were locked behind weapons from the campaign storyline: Uriel Blade, Glory Slash, and Tartarus Torpor. There's comes other unreleased weapon skills that are coded into NPCs only. They could easily make a line of weapons from these weapon skills, that unlocks them specifically to a select job or few. Even some of the trust NPCs have neat weapon skills. Always an option there.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-06-21 18:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Would kill for that as well.

Idk im expecting SE to drop the ball... really no reason to assume other wise given their track record...
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-21 18:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering they have been announced as "Crafted weapons almost on par with RMEA" and not as "new 5th category of Ultimate weapon" I'm not really sure they'll want to bother with specific WSs or Aftermaths.

Granted that their plans could've changed from that original announcement of course, but until further notice I wouldn't really expect something as complex/developed as an Ultimate weapon, really.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2018-06-21 18:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Considering they have been announced as "Crafted weapons almost on par with RMEA" and not as "new 5th category of Ultimate weapon" I'm not really sure they'll want to bother with specific WSs or Aftermaths.

Granted that their plans could've changed from that original announcement of course, but until further notice I wouldn't really expect something as complex/developed as an Ultimate weapon, really.

Isn't that sorta what the Raetic+1 weapons are?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 427 428 429