Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 409 410 411
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-16 09:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to hear you're on a server that only allows RMEA participants in existing Aeonic groups. Two solutions- make your own group that will very likely succeed with dunna GEOs, or come to a server where play quality is more important than shinies.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-05-16 10:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I'm good w/ 2 of your 3 points. However, reducing the ergon "grind" from 6 months to 3 really only benefits multiboxers planning on building an idris mule. There's PLENTY for a returnee wanting to level GEO to do in that six months besides sitting on the bench between imprimatur reload time. In particular a new GEO without unlimited funds.

I don't disagree that a new GEO (or RUN) would probably be busy enough as it is. Though, there are those of us who neglected to keep at imprimaturs when actively playing, so a shorter grind would be nice even for less-new accounts.
There are also plenty of people who'd really just want to get Ygnas and +1 their ring.

While it might have served a purpose when originally implemented, the time gating on coalitions really seems like something that could have been eased with RoV. Basically all the others related to REMs were, and I think that served to keep things interesting for a lot of players.

Either way, it's probably more a matter of whether or not it's objectively good or necessary than personal preference.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-16 11:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Idris is an absurd potency buff for GEO, having it behind a 6 month time gate is basically saying you can't play GEO unless you've already finished that gate or your group has no Idrises.

I don't know about just cheapening the time gate rhapsody style, because the content gate is very light on it. However, a way to acquire more imprimiturs so it could be completed in a similar timeframe to a mythic would be appropriate. I would like something along the lines of additional imprimiturs being rewarded for completing adoulin content.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-16 11:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If they handed out a free daily RMEA during the Adventurer Gratitude Campaign, people would still complain about how they would have to wait a full 23:59 to get the next one.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-16 12:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Sorry to hear you're on a server that only allows RMEA participants in existing Aeonic groups. Two solutions- make your own group that will very likely succeed with dunna GEOs, or come to a server where play quality is more important than shinies.

We've been known to randomly bring people along for Aeonics.

During our last round we had space so one of our people shouted that we're giving away a free one and we ended up getting a returnee BRD. Dude ended up pretty awesome and has since become a permanent member of our group.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-05-16 12:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an aside to the the dev note speculation that it's referring to FFXI Mobile...

I recently got an email ad from SE for a mobile "game".. fuzzily remember it being called something like GO "Great Outdoors"... and it's a mobile tie-in to FFXIV:ARR that brings the excitement of gathering to your phone in the style of Pokemon GO! ... >_>;; Yes, you too can run around a graphically toned down version of XIV and HELM away. lol No idea if it's tied to actual XIV accounts, or if your results are mailed to you or anything.

... Maybe they're planning on doing something similar for FFXI? lol
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-31 03:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
July is shaping up to be quite a huge undertaking for FINAL FANTASY XI, so the content for June might be a little smaller in volume than what you’re used to.

Quote:
June Equipment ・ Adjust attributes on certain equipment

One more go at set bonuses (every month until they do it)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-31 04:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So no new items/weapons from Divergence, again.
Guess July?
By geigei 2018-05-31 06:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

"I spent the past weekend celebrating my birthday."

Who gives a ***?
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-05-31 07:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Just an aside to the the dev note speculation that it's referring to FFXI Mobile...

I recently got an email ad from SE for a mobile "game".. fuzzily remember it being called something like GO "Great Outdoors"... and it's a mobile tie-in to FFXIV:ARR that brings the excitement of gathering to your phone in the style of Pokemon GO! ... >_>;; Yes, you too can run around a graphically toned down version of XIV and HELM away. lol No idea if it's tied to actual XIV accounts, or if your results are mailed to you or anything.

... Maybe they're planning on doing something similar for FFXI? lol

This email was sent April 1st.

Just saw the spoiler. I don't ever recall SE making an april fools joke about FFXI.
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2018-05-31 07:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

"Last month we had the pleasure taking Cornelia from you, so we found a way to make it up to you. We have decided to listen to your ideas add a brand new display so you can actually see how small of an impact your large time/gil has made on finishing your shield. We really hope you wasted your gil getting up to stage 3, and we stand by our word that you won't profit from it. Here have some more Ambuscade too. *(throws some candy bars into the audience)*."
-SE.

Best news I've heard in awhile. Sounds promising.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-05-31 09:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Relic set bonus, ambuscade +3 or divergence weapon (doubt the last), bets open!!!

That being said, fail excuse to give us another empty month.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-31 09:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Ambu+3 will eventually come but I'd say it's too early.
They still have to full exploit the 5th augment slot to keep people interested in Ambuscade.
Once that sort of interest will start to dwindle, they will try to refresh it by adding something "new" to Ambuscade, and that new could be +3 armor, or +1 rings. Too early now though, imho.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-31 09:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If they make +3 ambu I'm just going to unsub until Empy+3. There's no functional reason for that gear set at all. Without new content to justify another jump in gear progression, it's literally a waste of time and resources. Limbus 2.0, Salvage/NNI3.0, Dynamis-Pso'xja --
come on, make it happen!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-31 11:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I don't want more Salvage. Limbus could be cool but hard to relate to Empyrean gear which has to come eventually.

It doesn't have to relate, at all. SE chose to make Salvage/NNI/Limbus gear iterations to come from Ambuscade instead, rather than upgrading the former versions of content. They chose to revitalize 75 abjuration sets and spread them across Escha/Reisenjima, rather than allowing them to drop from VNM/God/Legion bosses like they have in the past. They made dynamis drops buy and sellable, while Omen cards are not....?

Years ago I speculated that "REM" chapters were going to be used for Empyrean set upgrades, when only AF/Relic was released. People raved that "REM" had nothing to do with Empyrean, so that wasn't going to happen. SE did it anyways. SE does not follow any logical consistent chain of organization at all. They literally release content and gear in whatever direction they feel like doing. Stop thinking they need to release abyssea 2.0 for the "lore" to make sense. Abyssea functionally has zero to do with Vagary, yet that is used as an upgrade feature. Omen has zero to do with Limbus/artifact, yet they created an entirely new event to cover the upgrades for AF+2/3. Point I'm making is they don't need to follow any logical progression when they've broken that chain years ago. You expect SE to make too much sense of their releases.

tldr - Dynamis-Pso'xja: quit hating, I can dream just as much as any of you can. Falling floors into spider pits GOGO! Your guess is as good as mine at this point.
[+]
By Nariont 2018-05-31 11:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Much as id like a true limbus 2.0 or another salvage/nni iteration, well likely just get dd-dreamlands, rev ip those jse rings/belts since capes are already covered by ambu
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-31 11:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't doubt they'll make upgraded accessories from the dynamis/abyssea bosses. My issue with the dreamlands 2.0 is that the zones are markedly larger than the cities-zones. I've always felt like the resources they have are so low, the most they can do are small, instanced zones with very little space to update. That's why I always felt like abyssea/dreamlands might be too big of an area for them to cover. If they do regurgitate abyssea, more power to them. I enjoyed those zones a lot. I just brought up the limbus/nni/salvage thing since those are small floors that require so little resources to update vs an entire zone. Most Salvage/NNI/Limbus floors are only a few rooms large, just set up in a maze format. JMO.
By Chyula 2018-05-31 11:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidwatch 2.0 and make strong triggers come from mnk ws/ja only, making mnk relevant in pt. MNK FIXED.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-05-31 11:35:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't doubt they'll make upgraded accessories from the dynamis/abyssea bosses. My issue with the dreamlands 2.0 is that the zones are markedly larger than the cities-zones. I've always felt like the resources they have are so low, the most they can do are small, instanced zones with very little space to update. That's why I always felt like abyssea/dreamlands might be too big of an area for them to cover. If they do regurgitate abyssea, more power to them. I enjoyed those zones a lot. I just brought up the limbus/nni/salvage thing since those are small floors that require so little resources to update vs an entire zone. Most Salvage/NNI/Limbus floors are only a few rooms large, just set up in a maze format. JMO.

I doubt a third instance of salvage/nni/limbus is going to happen but stuff like ein, abyssea or VW didnt got the ilevel update so you never know, voidwatch v2 could be done even with the same monsters but ilevel and new items but i could see the whole abyssea realm bringing new life to the game like the v1 did, releasing 9 rehashed zones with countless of NMs/drops and hopefully some quests would be very nice and they could just release 1 zone/month and give it a very large life span.

But you never know, they could release some crappy event for empyrean and that's it lol.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-31 12:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

To be clear, neither Salvage, Limbus, Nyzul Isle Uncharted, Einherjar, Voidwatch, Abyssea, nor Einherjar is ilvl content. They are 99 at best. Salvage/Limbus/NNI was updated from 75->99, but it's still not ilvl. Neither is Abyssea. They all need modern day iLvl updates. I agree they could go in any direction with it, I was just expressing my personal fanboyism for Limbus. Always thought that was a cool event and it was the first "gimmicky" event I looked forward to doing.

inb4 they make an ilvl garrison for empyrean +2/3
[+]
By Nariont 2018-05-31 12:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I don't doubt they'll make upgraded accessories from the dynamis/abyssea bosses. My issue with the dreamlands 2.0 is that the zones are markedly larger than the cities-zones. I've always felt like the resources they have are so low.

I think its making entirely new zones where they hit barriers, if its just rehashing zones they already have its much less an issue,
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
Server: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-05-31 13:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Buuki is right. Lumoria and Limbus is highly underutilized. Even the AF upgrades allow you to skip the old limbus upgrade path.

As instanced and time limited multifloor events, it makes a lot of sense to refresh it as unlike abyssea or salvage no one does limbus anymore with some exceptions like farming the still good accessories from the lvl 99 update
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2018-05-31 14:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Inner Rakaz has like nothing going on. I think they wanted to make something fun there but ran out of time/funds/will/whatever to make it happen back then.
[+]
 Asura.Javhec
user: ashstar
By Asura.Javhec 2018-05-31 14:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

We need to combine all REMA into one weapon, and artifact, relic, empyrean into one set, it's taking too much inventory space. only have these quest available in assura. #mergeremasnow, #remaorgtfo, #asuraremaonry, #remaforEambuscade, #nirvanasmnonry, #idrisgeoonry
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-31 14:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

On that note, there really doesn't need to be 600 119 body pieces.

It's time to take all that ***, delete every single piece and just give +100 everything. Change the model to fit your job.
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 409 410 411