user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-03-22 15:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

-Ready :D (So I can stop using Merlin)
By Nyarlko 2018-03-22 15:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If not for parry, I wouldn't engage anything serious while tanking on RUN. The TP feed is a negative. Facing something with a gaze means one more thing to juggle. Not huge, but something.

I'm not saying inquartata isn't amazing, but it's not comparable to an equivalent amount of PDT. It also doesn't reduce your death risk by the same amount. A move that does 160% of your max health will almost never kill you in 50% PDT, but will kill you half of the time in 50% guaranteed parry. Unless you can get to 100%, and I'm assuming it's hard capped at 90, it's reducing average damage taken not generally death risk.

Edit: Probably should mention that when solo it's downright amazing due to the increasing returns with the amounts available. When in a group, I feel you should be prioritizing death risk over mean damage taken. It doesn't matter if your WHM can go 20 seconds without healing you on a parry streak if a non-parry streak is potentially fatal.
While all of this is true, Parry also has another advantage over DT; it can completely block status effects that are tied to physical WSs or auto-attacks. Plus, parries restore HP with the right gear on, which makes a significant difference on attacks that aren't going to oneshot you.

No one is saying to value Inquartata over DT in the majority of situations, just that it's very powerful as well.

SCH can't regen on parry but can parry. Turms gloves don't apply to the majority of jobs that are capable of parrying and shouldn't be weighed in as an overall benefit. I don't see "Inquartata+" being an option due to how it is not transparent. If the new augs go to +10 also, then it would be rather broken defensively and parrying+20% would probably outclass other choices by default as well. "Parrying rate +10%" doesn't take any explanation or testing to get the basic idea that your parrying rate should increase, even if the actual effectiveness may vary.

@Nayr/Mithlas: Those almost certainly do not qualify as "defensive" so sadly not happening. I think they might actually not know how to make familiars break ilvl cap like other pets can. :/
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-22 15:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
If not for parry, I wouldn't engage anything serious while tanking on RUN. The TP feed is a negative. Facing something with a gaze means one more thing to juggle. Not huge, but something.

I'm not saying inquartata isn't amazing, but it's not comparable to an equivalent amount of PDT. It also doesn't reduce your death risk by the same amount. A move that does 160% of your max health will almost never kill you in 50% PDT, but will kill you half of the time in 50% guaranteed parry. Unless you can get to 100%, and I'm assuming it's hard capped at 90, it's reducing average damage taken not generally death risk.

Edit: Probably should mention that when solo it's downright amazing due to the increasing returns with the amounts available. When in a group, I feel you should be prioritizing death risk over mean damage taken. It doesn't matter if your WHM can go 20 seconds without healing you on a parry streak if a non-parry streak is potentially fatal.
While all of this is true, Parry also has another advantage over DT; it can completely block status effects that are tied to physical WSs or auto-attacks. Plus, parries restore HP with the right gear on, which makes a significant difference on attacks that aren't going to oneshot you.

No one is saying to value Inquartata over DT in the majority of situations, just that it's very powerful as well.

SCH can't regen on parry but can parry. Turms gloves don't apply to the majority of jobs that are capable of parrying and shouldn't be weighed in as an overall benefit. I don't see "Inquartata+" being an option due to how it is not transparent. If the new augs go to +10 also, then it would be rather broken defensively and parrying+20% would probably outclass other choices by default as well. "Parrying rate +10%" doesn't take any explanation or testing to get the basic idea that your parrying rate should increase, even if the actual effectiveness may vary.

@Nayr/Mithlas: Those almost certainly do not qualify as "defensive" so sadly not happening. I think they might actually not know how to make familiars break ilvl cap like other pets can. :/
The context of this discussion was about the worth of PDT vs Inquartata for RUN, not the possible benefits other jobs would get from an Inquartata/Parry cape.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-22 16:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It might be easier to just give a flat rate of a common stat vs a unique one. Inquartata+10 doesn't sound reasonable, but Parry/Guard/Evasion/Shield/Counter skill or +x might. If they did go the route of adding something Unique like Inquartata, it would have to be job-specific. Perhaps they add a range of "universal" defensive stats (pdt, mdt, hp, sird) and then add Job specific defensive stats only unique to that job.

It's clear that SE has been using Ambuscade to milk the JSE cape thing, creating a counterpart to artifact/relic gear. I also wouldn't be opposed to them extending the "set bonus" to capes, since nearly every job is maining those for a good number of actions.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-03-22 16:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you can get to 100%, and I'm assuming it's hard capped at 90

Has apparently never used Battuta. Sitting here arguing the effectiveness of parry and doesn't even know how good one of the strongest PDT skills in the game is or if you can even hit 100% or not.

Also, an Ashitacast dev and someone very vocal about being a cheater complaining about Gazes...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-22 16:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Battuta doesn't bring you to 100% parry rate. Its damn near close, but I believe even SE has indicated there is a cap to parrying, they just never disclosed the exact number. I'm not sure if it's been tested, either. But I don't know if 100% parry rate is possible.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-03-22 16:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Likewise I've yet to see a decent sized parry sample with 100% rate. If anyone has done such a test I would like to see it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-22 16:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Has apparently never used Battuta. Sitting here arguing the effectiveness of parry and doesn't even know how good one of the strongest PDT skills in the game is or if you can even hit 100% or not.
I said inquartata is amazing, I obviously know what Battuta is and how it works. I never in any way claimed they were bad, just said they aren't the same as PDT. You can't fulltime Battuta in most situations, either. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging what you don't know, I have never seen anything indicating parry can reach 100% and my assumption was that it capped.

Quote:
Also, an Ashitacast dev and someone very vocal about being a cheater complaining about Gazes...
Obviously I have tools to turn from gazes. I was commenting on the value of parry in general, and it's silly to assume every player is going to cheat on something so trivial. I don't know what your problem is, but you're trying way too hard.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-03-22 16:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You were talking about yourself. That is why you were referencing "I" in your response.

If not for parry, I wouldn't engage anything serious while tanking on RUN.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-22 16:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
You were talking about yourself. That is why you were referencing "I" in your response.

Seriously, you think you're going to get one over on me on a gaze addon...?
Code
int In1 = m_AshitaCore->GetDataManager()->GetParty()->GetMemberTargetIndex(0);
int In2 = EntityIndex;

double Base = GetAngle(m_AshitaCore->GetDataManager()->GetEntity()->GetLocalX(In1),
		m_AshitaCore->GetDataManager()->GetEntity()->GetLocalZ(In1),
		m_AshitaCore->GetDataManager()->GetEntity()->GetLocalX(In2),
		m_AshitaCore->GetDataManager()->GetEntity()->GetLocalZ(In2));

Base += M_PI;
if (Base >= (M_PI * 2)) Base -= (M_PI * 2);
WriteFloat(Censored, Censored2) = (float)Base;

I have my own plugin for it, grow up and stop. I wouldn't engage because the TP fed is worth less than the damage dealt. Gazes are a side issue, and you're clearly just salty over something or other.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-03-22 17:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I love salt.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-03-24 11:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Nayr said: »
Pet level + for BST pls

I want this too ; ;
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-28 06:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Announcing the April Version Update

Hail, adventurers!
Matsui here with your version update rundown for April.

we’re expanding the number of slots for augments on job-specific capes. Most of these new augments are defensive in nature, and there are a variety of effects that we’re sure you’ll love to get your hands on. Each month you can get enough materials for up to three capes’ worth of new augments, allowing for some strategic decision making.

Additionally, we’ve heard your requests for adjustments to the job-specific cape augment UI and have made it possible to trades multiple materials at once. However, for the first augment path only, we’ve limited the number of items you can trade to one to help prevent any mishaps from occurring.

Additionally, we’ll be making some adjustments to Dynamis – Divergence, which recently saw the final area added. Each week, a specific area will be designated as a “bonus area” in which players can enjoy bonuses to item drops. We hope you’ll take these bonuses into consideration when deciding which Divergence area to tackle first.

Below is the usual table of items we’re looking to add or adjust for April. As always, last-minute issues may arise that prevent us from implementing all of them, but we are doing our best to ensure that they all make it live for the next version update.

Content and System-related

Implementation Timing Update Task and Overview In-progress Task Notes
April Dynamis-Divergence ・Add weekly area bonus -
April Ambuscade ・Add new notorious monsters
・Replace reward items
・Adjust UI for upgrading job-specific capes -

Item-related

Implementation Timing Update Task and Overview In-progress Task Notes
April Ambuscade ・Add slot for upgrading job-specific capes -
April Vendor NPC ・Add magic scrolls -
April Item ・Add new items -
By Felgarr 2018-03-28 07:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Pet level + for BST pls

I want this too ; ;

I want this more than anything ...but I don't think SE will do this. Our BST jug pet's inherent stats derive from the monsters we fight. Unless they invented a way to separate the two, i.e. increase stats of jug pet rabbits without affecting all rabbits, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yes, this is conjecture, but an educated conjecture based on past emergency maintenances. I would love to be surprised by SE.
By zaxtiss 2018-03-28 08:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

add magic scrolls? i wonder if there will be new spells or if they are just adding them to NPC lists
By Marootsoobootsu 2018-03-28 10:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

zaxtiss said: »
add magic scrolls? i wonder if there will be new spells or if they are just adding them to NPC lists
Probably adding Maiden's Virelai or whatever other scrolls are needed for HELMS.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-03-28 11:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont' think adding bst pet level +1 would be difficult to implement because smn and pup already have it.

but I'm not that interesting in level 120+ now.

I'd rather get falcorr, fargann, ralphie, sabotender, Julio, etc up to level 119.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-03-28 12:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Pet level + for BST pls

I want this too ; ;
Not gunna happen though with how they implemented it. Best we can really hope for is a bunch more stats or increase cap levels

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I dont' think adding bst pet level +1 would be difficult to implement because smn and pup already have it.
The problem is when implementing ilvl they chose to keep pet level tied to your level/ilvl and made up the mainhand system. Granted I kind of understand why they did it. Pretty easy for smn/pup to just tie it to single set of items with various stats directly on them which isn't exactly easy to do on bst and then there is the whole capping garbage system. But the extra complication is probably not worth it for a job they clearly don't understand to begin with lol. Loldrg in the same boat though so yay?
By Felgarr 2018-03-28 12:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather get falcorr, fargann, ralphie, sabotender, Julio, etc up to level 119.

Oh man. SE could really through us a curvable and make the cape augment an "item-usable" stat that dispenses a jug pet! ...I'll keep dreaming. :P
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-28 12:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyvern Level +2 yesplz
By Nyarlko 2018-03-28 13:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

Oh man. SE could really through us a curvable and make the cape augment an "item-usable" stat that dispenses a jug pet! ...I'll keep dreaming. :P

Enchantments and augments utilize the same dataspace I believe, so this dream is likely impossible to implement. :(

PUP/SMN pet level is not actually tied to any item's level, and instead uses the stats on the items to increase the pet levels. They also utilize ammo/ranged slot which they don't have to change frequently. BST got tied to mainhand ilvl (which gave it a small advantage early on, but quickly became a hindrance,) and doesn't have any slots that don't get changed up frequently.

The only method I can come up with for BST would be to add a ranged slot item similar to PUP Animators, which does not conflict with jugs or reward items, and transfer dependency from mainhand to that for determining pet level. THEN we could Pet:Lvl+1 items. Since this sounds like work, and devs are scared of BST, I don't see it happening anytime soon. T_T
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2018-03-28 14:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are overthinking.
If cape: augment = Pet lvl +1
then
Pet lvl = pet lvl + 1

o_o;

We can only guess how their spaghetti code works, and the systems that are in place - we don't know for absolute certainty. It's a matter of whether or not the developers feel like the above addition would be too hard to implement or not worth the time to implement as an addition to the system. Like, why can't the cape augment just be a system on top of whatever-the-hell is in place? They could just do the easy laid out steps as listed above.
By clearlyamule 2018-03-28 14:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You're oversimplifying things a bit. But yes we don't know exactly how it is done but it is already decently more complicated than pup/smn. At least enough that they haven't in the last 3 years or so.
By Numquam 2018-03-28 14:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu needs JTB III on a cape.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-03-28 14:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't expect any such job specific trait bonuses on ambuscade augments.

Numquam said: »
Blu needs JTB III on a cape.

I think a group of ppl tend to go nuts on updates fantasizing about alot of completely unrealistic changes.

ahhh... Adblock can specifically block elements, so i don't have to see Numquam's avatar image anymore.
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-03-28 15:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hope we get damage taken down. Chances are we'll get individual damage types, physical/magic/breath, or we might just get defense. No one is adding Pet levels.

JTBIII sounds like it was meant to be a joke. Although blu can use a boost after they were left off any new gear that mattered since omen. Seriously, they put +64att on whm relic +3 legs, but blu got 0 on theirs and it was the set's wsd piece.

But I digress, -dt <Can I have it?>
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-03-28 16:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Guard for everyone!
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-03-28 16:09:17