Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 244 245 246 ... 424 425 426
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-22 07:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Confirmed jp dat has wardrobes 5-8. Interestingly, JP has wardrobe 5-8 help text in ids 1058-1061, but NA only has wardrobe 5-6 in ids 1062-1063. May be that they only intend to add 2 more wardrobes right now, but wanted the consecutive IDs reserved in case they add 7-8 later. The next few IDs after 1063 are empty.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-01-22 09:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yay... Was talking to guys about that on discord the other day too. I said "Watch it be more wardrobes so they can nickel and dime us".
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-01-22 09:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I have ZERO problems paying a couple dollars for some huge QoL improvements. That’s the equivalent to a couple *** coffees a month.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2022-01-22 09:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to pay more.

Paying as much as netflix already, lol.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-22 10:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

More items to hold means more items to load. Can you be happy with a full minute every time you zone.

For example, when you zone into ambuscade and you roll immediately, will your roll gear go on properly. (with and without gearswap) waiting that extra minute for every instance will get irritating sooner than later.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Good news! Netflix raised it's prices again anyway.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-01-22 10:09:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
More items to hold means more items to load. Can you be happy with a full minute every time you zone.

For example, when you zone into ambuscade and you roll immediately, will your roll gear go on properly. (with and without gearswap) waiting that extra minute for every instance will get irritating sooner than later.

Kinda think we've hit the point where those are our only two choices.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-22 10:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I would gladly pay 4$ monthly MORE to save the amount of time it takes for me to get several of my jobs ready and off slips for events. I am routinely the last person ready for anything where I have to change jobs on the fly, because I only have a handful of jobs ready at any given time. At this point it's all for convenience. FFXI is one of the few games I play/have time for, so making this experience as enjoyable as possible is really my only goal at this point in the game's current timeline.

A few years ago I would have been personally against paying "more money to play a video game", because I was only interested in the future of the game's content. It's obvious the game isn't going to see many more major improvements content-wise, so if they are making it more convenient and enjoyable for vets, I am all for it. Microtransactions are in every game and platform now. You can't escape it. Premium services for everything, all of these companies nickel and dime you to death. Just the way things are now.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-01-22 10:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
I have ZERO problems paying a couple dollars for some huge QoL improvements. That’s the equivalent to a couple *** coffees a month.

That's not the point. Other MMOs over years give more and more storage space, bigger bags and it's all free. Adding more wardrobes and charging for each is just nickel and diming us. A few bucks more may not be as big of an issue to some as it is others.

But it's all speculation. For all we know, we could be getting 1-4 free and the others are paid. I guess we'll see.

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

Yeah no kidding. Why make other MMOs seem even more appealing. "Why is the oldest one the most expensive?"
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-22 10:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Kinda think we've hit the point where those are our only two choices.

FindAll on Ashita4 caches your inventory when you zone out if it's fully loaded, then flushes it instantly when you zone in, so aside from first login/changing chars/repeat zoning before inventory fully loads, won't matter how many wardrobes you have.

Suspect windower will eventually make something similar, but there are more choices as is.

(still won't be buying more wardrobes and think it's a cheesy cash grab and falls far short of expectations based on our earlier speculation of job specific wardrobes or garden specific storage)
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-01-22 11:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad that people that can't be bothered to use Porter Moogles or clean their damn inventory up will be helping inject some more revenue into the game's P&L.

With them scurrying to implement this in the tail end of this fiscal year, no doubt they're trying to show some potential revenue growth.

Not that I truly think it'll translate to additional meaningful investment into it. Depending on how ridiculous SE's management is, it could be necessary to justify continuing the little bit of money they're already spending now on development.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-22 11:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

This. Final Fantasy XI is an old game and revenue is important for it. It's difficult to even begin to describe the QoL improvement having four extra mog wardrobes would bring us. And you don't have to buy all of them at a time either. You can just buy whatever you need for the jobs you play. But just having the option is a huge plus.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-01-22 11:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The revenue point is fair, but when you consider that it's taken them a year and a half to provide additional storage, which just amounts to adding 2 more of the same bags with some minimal menu changes and the biggest part of the work is probably the billing.. it is underwhelming.

You can maintain realistic expectations without pretending to be happy about underperformance. It is well within their ability to make a prismatic wardrobe that tracks which items you put into it on the job you are currently on and is only accessible by that job. If they added something like that and charged $5/month for it, I would have a different tone about the revenue. With the ability to shove all your JSE, single-job RMEA, etc.. into there, porter moogles would become borderline unnecessary and all inventory management would be massively easier.

What they did isn't a case of trying their best to help within their limitations, it's them realizing that any useful storage would reduce how many people purchase wardrobes 3 and 4, and consciously deciding not to improve on the inventory issues in favor of being able to bill you more monthly.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-22 11:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, that is the first rule in the book. Create a problem, make it worse, charge money to fix it. And do that as cheaply and lazily as possible but still charge the most you can.

Why fix for free what you can make money on.
[+]
By Mattelot 2022-01-22 11:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I mean, that is the first rule in the book. Create a problem, make it worse, charge money to fix it. And do that as cheaply and lazily as possible but still charge the most you can.

Why fix for free what you can make money on.

Sounds pessimistic but it's not entirely inaccurate.

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
This. Final Fantasy XI is an old game and revenue is important for it. It's difficult to even begin to describe the QoL improvement having four extra mog wardrobes would bring us. And you don't have to buy all of them at a time either. You can just buy whatever you need for the jobs you play. But just having the option is a huge plus.

Revenue is important but make it by adding new quality expansions or even minor ones. Adding more storage you have to pay for when other MMOs do the exact same thing repeatedly for free is disappointing.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-22 11:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly if XI ever truly reached the point where they need to nickel and dime us with micro transactions every month just to keep the lights on I'd prefer they let the son of a *** go instead of a Weekend at Bernie's situation.

100% doubt they're at that point yet. This is pure greed, not necessity. Good will move would be adding 1 more free wardrobe out of the 4 new ones.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-01-22 11:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If they add 5+6 and make 3 free, they'll get a ton of good will but I don't know how many would buy 456 if they had 123 for free.
[+]
By Felgarr 2022-01-22 12:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I would complain less about storage if they introduced new items as automatically storable on a slip or as POLSendable/DBox'able. SE takes months or years to consider the storability of non-cosmetic items.

Also, I wish SE converted storage slips to permanent key items. I mean, we're talking about 30 x 200 bits (750 bytes per character) currently.
[+]
By Gambits 2022-01-22 15:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm already paying 30$ sub for a 2002 game... SE continues to incentivize us to make more mules for their version of LootboxesAMAN trove/dark matter/storage/bonanza..etc I'm already overpaying for this ***.
There is going to be a few tarutaru sacrifices when this is implemented.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-22 15:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If all they're giving us are Wardrobe 5-6 or -8 I won't complain -too much-, but if this is ALL we're getting, then why the *** keep us waiting for years?
They made it sound like they were trying for a new different solution that was taking oooh so much development time and that would be released in march 2022.
And now it comes out it was all a fluke and they were "just" working on copypasting Wardrobe for up to 4 more slots?

I mean... I'm confused. They could've given us Wardrobe 5-8 years ago then, why keeping us waiting so long? They would've got money for that too! It makes no sense, there has to be something else behind all this.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-01-22 15:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

"Well, we talked to real engineers about what might be involved and went to our supervisor, who said we can't have the money to do it. So... here's something. It's better than nothing!"
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2022-01-22 15:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
If all they're giving us are Wardrobe 5-6 or -8 I won't complain -too much-, but if this is ALL we're getting, then why the *** keep us waiting for years?
They made it sound like they were trying for a new different solution that was taking oooh so much development time and that would be released in march 2022.
And now it comes out it was all a fluke and they were "just" working on copypasting Wardrobe for up to 4 more slots?

I mean... I'm confused. They could've given us Wardrobe 5-8 years ago then, why keeping us waiting so long? They would've got money for that too! It makes no sense, there has to be something else behind all this.
I mean business wise maybe they didnt want to boost revenue to much one year so the comp next year looked poorly? Sadly in most things in life its not controlled by whats right/best, but what finacially is most profitable. If they had realased all at once and wanted to charge us $2 for each ($12) I bet a ton would have raged quit and others would have just rebelled and not get any. However if they start doing $2 a yr increased it is less painful and ends at the same spot price wise, just slower with the benefit of people not quitting because they become price immune.

Its why most landlords increase rent a little each year, and not 25% in one year even though they could. Little increases people dislike but shrug off, big jumps scare people and they quit all together. Look at netflix. It now cost nearly what cable did years ago when they came out for $7/month, but they are more popular than ever and keep growing, even though the plan everyone would want to use is getting increased to $20 a month....
By macsdf1 2022-01-22 20:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd be happy if they let us store all the dynamis void torso bs, etc etc. Should just be able to trade it all to the gobo and ***.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2022-01-22 22:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be maybe a little more down with paying more if they increased the value with some kind of "buy 2, get 1 free." No one would cancel their current wardrobes, the holdouts on 3/4 would feel enticed to buy another one or two, and the hardcores would pay more than they already are for 6/7/8.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-01-23 01:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the people not wanting or willing to pay extra are the vocal minority. This is a game where literally everyone and their grandma has 4~6 accounts, yet they will cry over an additional 4 bucks? Doubt it, they will buy that fast just like people buy all the cosmetic items in 14, just how our current climate is atm.

I do think its pretty lame, the days where we got crap for free seem to be slowly over lol. W/porter packer and Organizer, inventory issues should be pretty minimal these days given that many jobs gear overlap now with the odyssey gear.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2022-01-23 01:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I gather, there are many Japanese that still play vanilla. All the "just use tools for inventory management" doesn't matter to them. They will still prioritize making the game work best for people not using third party tools in Japan.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-01-23 01:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just remembering the days where a few psychos were planning to send SE a pipe bomb over having to buy a token for satchel access. Now we're spreading our cheeks asking for more additional monthly fees to expand inventory.

The community sure has changed!
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-23 04:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
This is a game where literally everyone and their grandma has 4~6 accounts
AHEM! Excuse me?!

No but I do agree with the general meaning of your post though.

@Azagarth
Exactely, decisions are made because of profitability.
Then why the *** didn't they make profit out of our wallets by giving us Wardrobes sooner?
It makes no sense.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-01-23 04:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I'm just remembering the days where a few psychos were planning to send SE a pipe bomb over having to buy a token for satchel access. Now we're spreading our cheeks asking for more additional monthly fees to expand inventory.

The community sure has changed!
It's more that people who would complain for everything simply left the game, whereas those always ready to get assfucked by the company now are the large majority of who's still playing.
I think :-P
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2022-01-23 05:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it’s just me, but when did SE or any video game company become a charity/nonprofit?
First Page 2 3 ... 244 245 246 ... 424 425 426