users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 200 201 202 ... 424 425 426
By Guyford 2021-03-09 20:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So Theory:
Old meebles dropped pulses.
New vol 2 meebles drops the bonanza only weapons.
By Creecreelo 2021-03-09 20:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if they mentioned it will be only one new armor set? Part of me is wondering if they'll call back to the Ebon/Furia/Ebur armor sets and have like four armor sets with identical stats but different coloring/names to allow the player to eventually do all four augment paths if they choose.

Also, I'm more concerned if the new armor/augments actually work. With the DT being improperly coded on Sakpata legs, the Gleti boots not working for Wyverns, the TP Bonus on Mpaca head seemingly not working too, and who knows what else, I'm really worried they're just gonna put more bugged armor.

Honestly it kind of surprises me more people aren't talking about the bugs in the armor. My trust in the stats of new armor has been rocked quite a bit from the last update (I'm sure due to the large amount of gear produced for a single update by a skeletal team), and I don't think we as the players should have to be the QA Department when it comes to FFXI. We shouldn't have to do testing to determine if our new shiny armor is actually working.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-09 21:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I would be hard pressed to find a bigger flop in FFXI than the Ebon/Ebur/Furia sets. Lord help me if they try it again.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2021-03-09 22:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, in regards to gear at least, we know about some of the bugs; we can't say for sure we know all of them. I worry that there could be more out there. Because we aren't actively testing each item out, how could we honestly say for sure?

Ultimately, this responsibility shouldn't fall on us to begin with, so most people just accept armor as they are. So if they aren't properly doing QA passes on the dev side of things, it's just so easy for us to miss them too. I just hope they at least double check their other Odyssey T3 armor based upon the error reports sent on the bugged pieces.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2021-03-09 22:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I would be hard pressed to find a bigger flop in FFXI than the Ebon/Ebur/Furia sets. Lord help me if they try it again.

Tbf, I think that gear flopping so hard was more likely due to how terribly implemented the Evolith system was (and the gear itself was pretty underwhelming on its own).
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
Server: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-03-09 22:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That ranks right up there with Monstrosity.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-09 23:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Creecreelo said: »
Does anyone know if they mentioned it will be only one new armor set? Part of me is wondering if they'll call back to the Ebon/Furia/Ebur armor sets and have like four armor sets with identical stats but different coloring/names to allow the player to eventually do all four augment paths if they choose.
This would.. actually go a long way to make me happier about this. While I'm ecstatic to finally be getting the DRG equivalent of malignance, they're sort of dangling all the other good things I can't have because I chose that. Assuming there's only one set that is.

But if there's multiple sets with the same stats/augments... Much better. I still want a tank path though. Where's my enmity+!? I might be a little bit greedy.
Creecreelo said: »
Also, I'm more concerned if the new armor/augments actually work. With the DT being improperly coded on Sakpata legs, the Gleti boots not working for Wyverns, the TP Bonus on Mpaca head seemingly not working too, and who knows what else, I'm really worried they're just gonna put more bugged armor.
I don't think the pet lvl+ thing on gleti's feet is a glitch. There was some discussion about this on the BG discord and it turns out that the JP characters used for "Summoned Pet" are the same as used for the BST "call beast" JA. So this probably referred to only bst pets in the first place, and was poorly translated.
By Creecreelo 2021-03-09 23:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I don't think the pet lvl+ thing on gleti's feet is a glitch. There was some discussion about this on the BG discord and it turns out that the JP characters used for "Summoned Pet" are the same as used for the BST "call beast" JA. So this probably referred to only bst pets in the first place, and was poorly translated.

Ahhh, a mistranslation definitely makes sense, but man I still hope they make it just universal somehow for both Drg and Bst. Seeing it in the accepted bugs list makes me hopeful that they'll possibly make it so (but I fully expect it just to turn into "Call Beast" +1).

Feels like just another dig on Drg being on the Gleti set instead of Kalunga.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-03-09 23:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
The noob chat channels are a pretty big flop as well

I have seen one legit question from a noob and multiple people telling others to behave and shhhh. It's mostly just a flag to show off your completion rating of the game as far as I can tell.

Asura.Biglovin said: »

That ranks right up there with Monstrosity.

At first, I thought you were talking about Pankration, but that was another monster-centered flop that should have been a good idea, but with no "useful" rewards behind it, that caused no interest.

"You mean it's a bunch of work for no equipment that is +1 to a stat over what I already have? Pass".
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-03-10 01:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
But that it shouldn't be something they have to choose would've been better. Let's actually hear Aerix's Falkirk's Capuchin's take on it. People who actually play pet, instead of arguing on their behalf.

Man, this got buried quick while I was doing work today, but to reply to the Capuchin-signal :)

Yeah, even though I've been serious about PUP for long enough that people think of me as an example of someone around here who might go for a pet augment, I can't see myself ever taking an augment on an all-jobs piece that's pet-specific unless it was just freaking game-breaking.

Totally agreed that the tiny number of people who might even consider spending an augment on a pet piece, that number is further reduced because (like others), it's not ALL I play. Like, I know Aerix has some serious RDM and COR action in addition to his top tier PUP, Sirris is as hardcore a WAR as he is a BST, I give a lot of care to my NIN, etc. So when I have to choose for something that has a very good use for multiple jobs, it makes it a billion times harder to go for the pet-only option.

SimonSes said: »
If you ask them if they would rather want this being a part of base stats, they would for sure want that lol Also AFAIK doesnt game have limited numbers of stats you can put on item and then more can only be added via augments? Seeing how many stats are on base item, maybe they simply couldnt put more?

I don't see it as asking whether or not we'd want stats for 'free' on the base piece instead of having to add via augment, obviously everyone wants all the stuff they can get. I see the question as: are D pet-specific options even worth bothering putting in the game for the illusion of choice, when even the more hardcore fans of the job couldn't ever see themselves choosing that over a more practical option.

Nobody's going to pick it, and it almost does give them an excuse not to give cool pet-specific stuff to the pet jobs in some OTHER form (oh you had an option to dedicate your all jobs gear aug to that cool pet thing, so go get it there). Blech.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-03-26 13:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Meebles was the Barspell fight? Feel like I skipped that one.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-26 13:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Meebles was the Barspell fight? Feel like I skipped that one.

Yup. Blindfold easy, or *** impossible, depending on your reaction. and/or ability of your healer to literally walk a few steps every now and then. Sounds easier than it is, for most.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53534/ambuscade-vol1-april-2019/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-05-07 06:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

New 19th anniversary logo, will be distributed later on the forum for use. Illustration by Asakura Chisato.

Mamool ja v1 for may, flies for v2 like announced. They are adding the mamool ja staff for lock style. Looks dumb as hell defying gravity.

For June, it is giants for v1

Pld adjustment

Changing the spell Reprisal.
Removed the condition where the spell wears off after blocking a certain amount of damage.

Rng adjustments

Adding Hover Shot
60 minute duration, reuse timer 3 minutes, level 95
If conditions are met, rng will get the bonuses of rng att+/rng scc+/magic acc+/enmity-
Condition 1: same enemy as before
Condition 2: 1 yalm or more from where you previously were
If you make a ranged attack that does not meet the conditions, the effect will be reset.
Doesnt stack with decoy shot

Decoy shot adjustment
Reuse timer changed from 5 minutes to 3 minutes
Increased maximum hostility that can be passed on
Hostility that can be passed changed to decrease gradually after using the ability
The value of hostility when fully attenuated is the same as before

Odyssey adjustments

Adding timing to increase segments
Obtained at the goal in the zone
Approximately 25% of the Mog segment acquired during occupancy

Adding Mog Amplifier
Costs 1500 segments
Effects only the user
When used, the RP that can be obtained in battle increases only once.
If certain conditions are met, the amount of RP increase will increase

Conditions for an increase from the amplifier:
Have played 3 consecutive battles and have won RP in all 3 battles
The bonus amount is determined by the average value of Veng selected during 3 consecutive battles.
* A system message will be displayed if the conditions for increasing RP are met.

Korrigan flowerpot added to the new anniversary event coming on the 16th

Another bonanza this month, same rules as last time

New shirts coming for the anniversary

[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-07 06:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is all literally the worst news.

What. the. ***.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-07 06:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Mog Amplifier sounds stupid as ***, or am I missing something?
By loldarkrone 2021-05-07 06:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
If conditions are met, rng will get the bonuses of rng att+/rng scc+/magic acc+/enmity-
Condition 1: same enemy as before
Condition 2: 1 yalm or more from where you previously were
If you make a ranged attack that does not meet the conditions, the effect will be reset.
Doesnt stack with decoy shot

I'm actually quite curious how much the bonus is, and the tradeoff to move then WS versus just standing still and get tp quickly as possible. Or if the JA is intended function like that, as a "move > ws" mechanic.
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-07 07:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Mog Amplifier sounds stupid as ***, or am I missing something?

Not sure on the specifics, but any way you cut it, it sounds like utter ***. Why anybody would use 3 Moglophone II's upon entry is beyond me. I'm simply beside myself that they are doubling down on this shitty system. It sounds like they want us to do one V15, then farm V5 or something with the other two? Absolutely *** not.

I will farm Bumba and Kalunga on V15 on repeat simply by exiting the zone and circumnavigating the entire convoluted system.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-07 07:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like it's a bonus that stacks and goes up (up to a certain cap) each time you fulfill the conditions and resets the first time you don't.

Sorta like... Impetus for MNK, in a certain way?

I'm not sure if it's gonna be useful or not. If you're not concerned about enmity I guess.
I mean It does give -enm but I assume that bonus is still subject to the -enm cap, whereas Decoy Shot allows you to do much more thanks to the fact it transfers enmity to the target in front of you.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-05-07 07:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja edited the op regarding odyssey, missed the important part of the time extension mog segment bonus (maybe time extension or maybe a bonus)
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-05-07 07:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused as to when reprisal was actually being lost to it's dmg cap. You had like 6k of spikes and they'd normally do single to low double digit damage.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-07 07:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What do they mean with adding timing?
25% of the segments you farm becomes additional time for you to stay in the zone and kill more stuff?
So if you get 6k segments, 25% of that is 1500, is that 1500 seconds? 25 minutes? That can't be true.

Sounds uhm... I dunno, potentially useful, I would've preferred something that increased segments without increasing the amount of time you have to spend to farm them, but this is better than nothing I suppose.

I dunno I have mixed feelings. I'm happy this gives you means to farm more segments in the same number of days, but this also makes the burnout effect more likely if you have to spend 1hr every day (or 2hrs every other day) just to farm segments instead of half of that.
Need time to see how I really feel about this.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-05-07 07:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
What do they mean with adding timing?
25% of the segments you farm becomes additional time for you to stay in the zone and kill more stuff?
So if you get 6k segments, 25% of that is 1500, is that 1500 seconds? 25 minutes? That can't be true.

Sounds uhm... I dunno, potentially useful, I would've preferred something that increased segments without increasing the amount of time you have to spend to farm them, but this is better than nothing I suppose.

I dunno I have mixed feelings. I'm happy this gives you means to farm more segments in the same number of days, but this also makes the burnout effect more likely if you have to spend 1hr every day (or 2hrs every other day) just to farm segments instead of half of that.
Need time to see how I really feel about this.

The translation is literally "Added timing to acquire mog segment" this could mean that it's either a time extension or a point in time in the zone that you receive a bonus. Someone who is more fluent should confirm.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-07 07:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Conditions for an increase from the amplifier:
Have played 3 consecutive battles and have won RP in all 3 battles

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-07 07:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hover Shot being useless for roaming events is the update I didn't think was coming. How that makes sense is beyond me. Good for Arebati I guess.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-07 07:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I simply expected hover shot to be bad, it's not bad, it's less than useless.

I mean, enmity down for free is never a bad thing, but it doesn't "actually" increase damage as it was sold.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-07 07:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I think it's probably an incentive to always reach the exit instead of last seconding it. My money is on something like:
-Extra 5 minutes allowed in zone.
-Cannot get segments during last 5 minutes.
-Exit rewards segments directly.

Amplifier is a good way to get better groups interesting in doing it the way they wanted. At only 1500 segments, when you're burning 9000 on a 3 NM run, it's almost certainly going to be worth it if you're capable of doing 3 NM runs at a high vengeance. I get that people don't want to actually play the mechanics because they're imposing, but should've seen that coming. They obviously intended for you to do 3 NMs at a time and change jobs.

Even if it's only a 50% boost, it's well worth it, provided everyone wants multiple NMs. If it's triple like ambuscade, you make out like a bandit. Good luck doing 2 high vengeance NMs without BRD, though..
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2021-05-07 07:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is going to waste time doing 3 NMs per entry. Current system is way too restrictive to do 3 fights in a row. Not only would you have to cover 18/22 jobs, you have to do it without any overlapping jobs for 6 people and no subjobs. Awful content design. The way they made the new amplifier makes it sound like you fight 2 fodder (waste a lot of segments) to boost the 3rd fight. Why not just do the fight 3 times and not deal with the bs? I highly doubt the amplifier will make the rp worth more than 3 fights.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-07 07:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If it triples the amount of rp instead of doubling it then it Could be worth it even for v10. Can't think of setups that would work for that though, jobswise.
Unless we're talking about bumba + 2x ato1, I guess
First Page 2 3 ... 200 201 202 ... 424 425 426