Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 193 194 195 ... 428 429 430
 Asura.Kusare
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-02-03 10:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i've only fought 1 nm for the ammo and haven't been segment farming. too much lag for me to enjoy, no idea why regular sheol is fine and gaol is not.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 10:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
But no really, yeah, that's the year. The whole year. And the only thing the whole year. "please look forward to it"

It really is. I am R19/20 on one item, and I had a small stash of segments prior to Odyssey (though I spent a lot of it doing unlocks). I doubt anybody has several R20 items, unless they had well over 100k segments prior to release. At the rate it takes to fully R20 one item, and them adding more items (and harder bosses), this will take several months to complete the desired paths and then farm what you want. Sucks if you're sick of Odyssey, but you can just store up tons of points while making money in A/B/C while building MM, and then when you feel like dumping your 50K worth, just put it into the item of your liking. It's not "that" bad, what's actually the worst is that unbearable lag.

endxen said: »
Yeah its same for us. We have been timing out on T2 nm's because the lag is so bad. Couple of us have 4-5 second delay on when you input an action until it actually goes off. It's completely unplayable at the moment.

You know who does not get lag? Trusts. Those AIs they wanted you to grind Moogle Mastery for. inb4 their plan for Gaol was to force you to strengthen your trusts to even have a chance.

Sucks, but it is definitely "progress at your own pace" style of play, gated behind that dumb 20h KI. Maybe they add another 1-2 Moglophones stored at the Pilgrim Moogle to help this grind out a bit...
 Asura.Robear
By Asura.Robear 2021-02-03 10:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Oh boy is your entire year gonna suck brah

But no really, yeah, that's the year. The whole year. And the only thing the whole year. "please look forward to it"

I know it's a daily, and you hate life when you lose that free 3m every day, but you can simply not do it.

Is Odyssey the only battle content SE will be working on this year (besides ambuscade lol)?
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-03 10:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Is Odyssey the only battle content SE will be working on this year (besides ambuscade lol)?

Officially they haven't announced anything else. There could be things in the pipeline we don't know about, but unless they come out and say something we can only assume that odyssey is the main content draw for the time being. Supposedly they've been planning Empyrean upgrades for 2-3 years now, but the last news we heard on that front seemed to indicate that actual development hadn't even started yet.
[+]
 Asura.Robear
By Asura.Robear 2021-02-03 10:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

Officially they haven't announced anything else. There could be things in the pipeline we don't know about, but unless they come out and say something we can only assume that odyssey is the main content draw for the time being. Supposedly they've been planning Empyrean upgrades for 2-3 years now, but the last news we heard on that front seemed to indicate that actual development hadn't even started yet.

Do you recall the news source that SE hadn't started Empy upgrades? Thanks btw!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-03 10:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Would seem reasonable they add another battle content through the new storyline at some point towards the 4th qtr of the year.
 Asura.Robear
By Asura.Robear 2021-02-03 11:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Would seem reasonable they add another battle content through the new storyline at some point towards the 4th qtr of the year.

They still bring a considerable amount of revenue.. you'd think with technology in this day and age they could make more content in a weekend... unless FFXI is now a part time job for one person lol
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-03 11:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

https://gamerescape.com/2020/04/10/11-questions-for-the-final-fantasy-xi-dev-team/

This is from an interview with the developer team last April.

Quote:
Gamer Escape: With the addition of reforged artifact and relic armor to a +3 quality, the community is still anxiously awaiting the addition of reforged empyrean armor to a similar quality that has been mentioned a few times in the past. Has a timeline been set for this addition yet, and can you give us any indication that this will be added to completely new content like omen, or more reimagined content such as Dynamis-Divergence?

Akihiko Matsui: We would like to implement empyrean armor reforging together with content appropriate for it.

Yoji Fujito: We are definitely committed to implementing reforged empyrean armor. However, how it will be reforged and what kind of content we will prepare for doing so—including whether we will reuse or remake existing battles—is something we cannot comment on at this time.

Keep in mind that this interview was about a month or two before the COVID scene disrupted their development cycle. Given the rate of content that's come out since they've supposedly gotten themselves back to "normal development" status, we have to assume that nothing major has been done on it. The scope of the project is pretty massive, and the first wave of odyssey had a measly 10 items and it was still delayed a full month. I mean .... TEN items. If it take sthem that long to develop 10 generic items, just think of how much it'll take to balance and develop armor sets for every class. Suffice to say, it doesn't look like we'll be getting it before 2022, and with the amount of resources they're working with it could take even longer than that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-02-03 11:48:23
Link | Quote | Reply

"Normal development" wont be seen on our end for months yet to come. The entire industry is going to be severely behind this year.
[+]
 Asura.Robear
By Asura.Robear 2021-02-03 12:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
https://gamerescape.com/2020/04/10/11-questions-for-the-final-fantasy-xi-dev-team/

This is from an interview with the developer team last April.

Quote:
Gamer Escape: With the addition of reforged artifact and relic armor to a +3 quality, the community is still anxiously awaiting the addition of reforged empyrean armor to a similar quality that has been mentioned a few times in the past. Has a timeline been set for this addition yet, and can you give us any indication that this will be added to completely new content like omen, or more reimagined content such as Dynamis-Divergence?

Akihiko Matsui: We would like to implement empyrean armor reforging together with content appropriate for it.

Yoji Fujito: We are definitely committed to implementing reforged empyrean armor. However, how it will be reforged and what kind of content we will prepare for doing so—including whether we will reuse or remake existing battles—is something we cannot comment on at this time.

Keep in mind that this interview was about a month or two before the COVID scene disrupted their development cycle. Given the rate of content that's come out since they've supposedly gotten themselves back to "normal development" status, we have to assume that nothing major has been done on it. The scope of the project is pretty massive, and the first wave of odyssey had a measly 10 items and it was still delayed a full month. I mean .... TEN items. If it take sthem that long to develop 10 generic items, just think of how much it'll take to balance and develop armor sets for every class. Suffice to say, it doesn't look like we'll be getting it before 2022, and with the amount of resources they're working with it could take even longer than that.

Thanks Melphina! Interesting read! I noticed they said they have six planners in total, each tasked with one aspect of development. So I guess we have an idea of how many people they have working on content lol
By fillerbunny9 2021-02-04 12:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh thank goodness, the monthly Login campaign is full of UNM items, and the monthly event includes... double Unity Coffers. Fantastic planning as always.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-04 12:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Login campaign items have been so worthless for the longest. I just spend them on seals.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-04 12:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Single unm items is particularly "why" yeah sure they're reforge items but man give em a stack, hell.

Actually this set isn't even the reforges set. just smh.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2021-02-04 13:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring back aby ex items, make them 10 points a stack.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-04 13:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree on the trusts, they are worthless in there. My stance on them will not change, they have garbage AI and that causes you losses. Saying that we don't know how to utilize them is horse ***. Our time outs haven't been because of them.

A player healer has 5 second response lag to see a yellow/red HP player in Gaol. By then, you could be dead. Really, a trust IS better than some players with how bad the lag is because a computer would register your critical HP and react way before any client receives that data and could react. That's just a fact.

I don't know why you think your stance on Odyssey trusts is really the end-all-be-all. They obviously boosted them quite a bit in there, whether you care to acknowledge it or not. I have seen firsthand evidence of how good they are for what you would want to use them for. You haven't powered up your trusts to near the highest level, so you can't even say you have seen how strong they can become. But if you don't care for trusts, don't use them?

I mean, you were the same guy that said Coffer/Aurum chance of pop from keys was the same exact rate as izzat (*for you). We can just leave it at that, you play a different game and the results are different for you.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-04 14:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I've yet to have trusts keep me alive for a A2 NM I've tried to solo vs someone playing as whm. So your argument has no merit for this.

Then you should play more defensively. I used trusts for all of my A2 kills on first day using Innin NIN. AAEV tanked them all, didn't die to any NMs. Everyone else but her died to Craklaw, she didn't die to any other NMs. Because I wasn't trying to zerg the hell out of the monsters, it worked out. Now had I gone MNK or WAR, I would have died in a few minutes because the tanks would never regain hate.

Just learn how to play within their shitty AI and they are efficient when you need them. They aren't perfect, but saying they are terrible is just silly. They are not PCs and are not designed to replace them. You really should learn how to use them for their unique roles. I watched some of Lute and Kaggras videos, they really know how to exploit the skills of certain trusts, you would be surprised what little neat things some of them can do. As a solo player with no access to an alt, they are more than helpful for a ton of things I need to get done.

Go full DD gear and eat TP moves? Trust healer overloaded, you die.
Take hate from Trust tank? You may die.
Don't bring your own meds to help your one singular AI healer -na 6 people? someone may die

You have to work around their AI, but don't expect them to keep you alive if you are just a careless player.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-04 14:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Endxen, the connection I made between lag and Trusts (who don't experience lag) was tongue-in-cheek.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You know who does not get lag? Trusts. Those AIs they wanted you to grind Moogle Mastery for. inb4 their plan for Gaol was to force you to strengthen your trusts to even have a chance.

I didn't actually mean the trusts remove the lag or make it so much easier than using real players, lol. I was just making a small joke how the best part about Trusts in the current state of Gaol is that they don't experience lag and can react faster than a 4-5 second delayed human could. The comment I make about MM grinding was just me following up on the humor, since they make MM such a big part of Odyssey. Clearly I whiffed. :(
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-04 14:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

"playing defensively" isn't reacting into dt it's tping in dt
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-04 14:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you full time malig then yoran or apururu will make you literally invincible while you afk.

So long as you call other appropriate trusts, healers cast na' from the bottom up and you're last etc. Positioning and NOT MOVING (anchor...) matter too.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-04 15:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Even Sgili was a pain solo. Tough to deal with doom when you don't even know it is on you for 4-5 seconds.

It is funny you bring up this specific scenario because the point I was making earlier was that Trusts can react to this immediately, but players have to wait 5 seconds before they even see the debuff. With how quick Sgili's doom is, that can be difference between win and failure. You just mentioned a specific scenario where a trust is actually superior to a player in Gaol because the lag is so bad xD

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-04 15:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

When a mob has doom you call multiple cursna trusts. it's not a failing of the trust it's a failing of cursna. They spam it, but cursna was designed specifically to be enhanced by something trusts can't do. Wear gear.

Like Vidmapire, I call 3 cursna trusts instead of my normal ***, cause being undoomed is more important than corsair rolls.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 193 194 195 ... 428 429 430