Just update Monstrosity, Odyssey is dead
By Thunderjet 2020-11-26 13:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok
By Pantafernando 2020-11-26 13:44:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
"November is gonna be a big month"
"We've decided to hold off the bigger plans and put them in the December update. Look forward to the new Odyssey content and boss provisional zone. Get those points ready!!"

"Some of you are looking forward to Odyssey but we promise it will be here in January!!"

They have no problem lying directly to our face just to milk more subs.

If i would guess, i dont think this is purposelly lie, but just some goals they are constantly failing to achieve.

Maybe they have less programmers, less devs, resources restriction. Its not excuse as if they arent sure to deliver what they promised, they should never promise it anyway, but i dont think they are lying. More like they are failing, yes.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-26 13:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, i dont thimk this is new, but if they are planning something beforehand to use a new currency implemented, like the odyssey one, but they take too long, it means people gonna be stacked of said currency, allowing them to quickly receive any new items introduced, whats a situation SE really despise.

So i believe the concept of using this new odyssey currency will be discarded for a new one, thus renewing the time gate till you can possibly collect all new items.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-26 13:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, shouldn't they resign in shame if they failed? (multiple times)

While "lying" is dishonorable, it's at least in the name of making money. Failing is failing.
By Aoibhe 2020-11-26 13:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lessons SE need to learn:

- Under promise and over deliver
- Proof read your stuff ffs
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-26 14:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Aoibhe said: »
Lessons SE need to learn:

- Under promise and over deliver
- Proof read your stuff ffs

Ok, but, there are no consequences, so why should they learn anything? They could do the same thing in January, February, March... and not lose any (significant) subs, so, why bother. Subscribers have shown them time and time again that their actions are acceptable.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-26 15:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I know most Muricans generally dont like the Covid "excuse" though if it hadnt have been a thing everything would have been on track and we would have already had this content. However Covid is a thing and companies, well any company not in America, have had to put its staffs health and safety first which has caused delays in a lot of things.

WoW delayed, FFXIV delayed and various other games.... delayed not to mention things like Distant Worlds that has been cancelled.

This thread just sums up peoples mentalities with the "SE promised us this content by this date" well ***happens and stuff doesnt always work out like it is scheduled.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-26 15:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Covid would work if it wasn't 100% computer work.

"New Bosses!" copy paste Zilant stats, upscale stats, give 10 million hp. done.

Now that's not "as simple as that" but it is. It's not "all new content" it's 5 minute intern work. They get no passes for taking 100 days to make 1~5 reskinned bosses.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-26 15:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Covid would work if it wasn't 100% computer work.

"New Bosses!" copy paste Zilant stats, upscale stats, give 10 million hp. done.

Now that's not "as simple as that" but it is. It's not "all new content" it's 5 minute intern work. They get no passes for taking 100 days to make 1~5 reskinned bosses.

Typical
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-26 15:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean alright then, if they're incapable of working, why aren't the sub fees lowered during this time?

They're getting full pay, and giving nothing.

That's fair right? "we can't work so we shouldn't charge full price"
[+]
By Draylo 2020-11-26 15:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hes right ya know.

Also, 'murica!
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-26 15:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean alright then, if they're incapable of working, why aren't the sub fees lowered during this time?

That's fair right? "we can't work so we shouldn't charge full price"

Give a good reason on why they should? I got 80% of my wage while i wasnt working which means i could quite happily carry on paying for my game subs, streaming subs and everything else at 100% value, none of the got lowered btw. Though a lot of hospitality companies, some didnt, charged less over the summer in the UK because the government lower their taxes and they decided individually to pass it back on to their customers.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-26 15:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it's not the money it's the message.

We're still earning your money, or we're not. Are they working or not? No excuse for failing to produce simple bosses (and delay campaigns), so give something to make up for it. (discount works universally) Show you that they still pretend to be afraid of losing your sub.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-26 15:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't think you could.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-26 16:06:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, there is no explicit promise on giving content by paying subs.

You pay subs to enable at least one account to play in their game.

Providing new content or new features is just a marketing decision, to retain players or captivate new ones. Obviously the funds of those developments came from the sub, but the sub itself dont give us right to reclaim new content.

Yeah, they do want they want. You play whats available at the current moment
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-26 16:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course, they don't because you've shown them they don't have to.

Every time it's just "please, deeper"

That's the rub. There's -never- any (noticeable) push back.
By Pantafernando 2020-11-26 16:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I get your point.

I just think there is no conscious control over it.

Its not practical to promove a boycott to force them to deliver new content because there is no such organization between players, neither the interest to be frank. For every dozen players in forum that complains, there is a thousand that are ok with spamming over and over mythics farming, mercs or whatever.

While there is no way to force a boycott, there is also no way to prevent natural decrease on playerbase if the game becomes stagnant for too long.

It just doesnt happen at a pace that will change either decision, costumer and company, in a short time.
By ksoze 2020-11-26 16:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as they do the frog for ambu I forgive them.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-26 16:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Unfortunelly not till January at least.

But man, i would love if that crazy frog could come back to gear another set of mules.

Btw, maybe, just maybe, people would complain less about the update if they just could swap the rewards from v2 to v1.

Then, every month there would be a new foe with gimmicks to be discovered

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-26 17:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
I know most Muricans generally dont like the Covid "excuse" though if it hadnt have been a thing everything would have been on track and we would have already had this content. However Covid is a thing and companies, well any company not in America, have had to put its staffs health and safety first which has caused delays in a lot of things.

WoW delayed, FFXIV delayed and various other games.... delayed not to mention things like Distant Worlds that has been cancelled.

This thread just sums up peoples mentalities with the "SE promised us this content by this date" well ***happens and stuff doesnt always work out like it is scheduled.
how come no one calls out this absolute delusion?

WoW was barely delayed. also blizzard is a US company with all of their development in texas.. kinda goes against your USA bashing when you said companies here don't put their staff's health at the forefront. furthermore i don't know a single company that isn't allowing WFH/remote work if it's an industry that supports that. my experience here is anecdotal for sure but literally everyone i know that isn't working retail is working from home. i know you have the reddit opinion that the US is just a gun slinging mcdonalds fiesta and if that helps you cope with how bad things are where you are i understand.

back to the topic at hand.. if it has taken them this long to figure out how to handle covid as a technology company they will be bankrupt within the next 5 years, it's inexcusable and making excuses for them is pathetic, sorry.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-11-26 18:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »

WoW was barely delayed.
Well, for starters, WoW has an actual functional development team. In this instance, a particularly heavily staffed development team due to an expansion launch.

Also, a lack of reliance on barely functional PS2 dev kits.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-11-26 18:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ridiculous how they're still being defend after consistently failing month after month lol. Particularly by people who already unsubbed because of the lack of content in the first place which just means they also think the game is lacking right now.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-11-26 18:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »

WoW was barely delayed. also blizzard is a US company with all of their development in texas.. kinda goes against your USA bashing when you said companies here don't put their staff's health at the forefront. furthermore i don't know a single company that isn't allowing WFH/remote work if it's an industry that supports that. my experience here is anecdotal for sure but literally everyone i know that isn't working retail is working from home. i know you have the reddit opinion that the US is just a gun slinging mcdonalds fiesta and if that helps you cope with how bad things are where you are i understand.

back to the topic at hand.. if it has taken them this long to figure out how to handle covid as a technology company they will be bankrupt within the next 5 years, it's inexcusable and making excuses for them is pathetic, sorry.

Yes WoW was slightly delayed but it was still a delay, yes i know it's a US company and they have a huge dev team compared to XI. I also have quite a few friends in Murica that I talk to regularly that are in jobs that the companies dont care about that support that opinion.

As far as on topic the truth is more likely that SE really dont care about XI and havent done for years but people are still under the illusion that SE do. They also probably havent invested any real money into XI since RoV, hell maybe even SoA. We had a couple of months delay in XIV and now everything is more or less back on track because that is the one of the two MMOs that SE does care about.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-11-26 18:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So, what's the gold radish/buttplug looking thing in the screenshot?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-26 18:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »

A heartwing from adoulin.

V2 is probably something with elementals
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-11-26 20:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Like..... Play the *** game you goober....
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 175 176 177 ... 424 425 426