First Page 2 3 ... 173 174 175 ... 423 424 425
 Asura.Tsm
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-11-09 18:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Making actual (worthwhile) new rewards for the first time in months and proceeding to lock them behind a literal lottery that only happens a couple of times per year - now that's some big *** energy right there, SE. In terms of resource allocation if nothing else.

hopefully someone that SE actually listens to will voice this.

not sure if there is such a person/demographic though. not even sure they listen to the japanese on the forums anymore
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-11-09 19:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Making actual (worthwhile) new rewards for the first time in months and proceeding to lock them behind a literal lottery that only happens a couple of times per year - now that's some big *** energy right there, SE. In terms of resource allocation if nothing else.

couldn't agree more. As their customers I think we've in general accepted their lackluster content development with less complaint than is warranted. But when they keep catering to "new players" when there are so few true "new" players and ignore their veterans, its a pretty clear message that they'd rather squeeze 6 months of fees out of a new person than keep those who've been playing for 10+ years.
[+]
 Asura.Chevalios
user: Chevalios
By Asura.Chevalios 2020-11-09 19:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking it's probably gonna be a reward somewhere during the new story content at some point.
[+]
By Aoibhe 2020-11-09 22:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SE don’t help themselves by announcing anything XI related in some JP only livestream - at least in XIV they make the effort to have English translations on the slides even if they don’t have a translator on hand to pop out a quick spoken translation.

When it comes to XI anyone outside of Japan has always been a second class citizen. I’d be super interested to know current income % between Japan and rest of world.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2020-11-09 23:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Aoibhe you aren't lying
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-11-09 23:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Don't have time to do them all but the horn is:

Additional song effect +1, all songs +3
Increases song duration for party members to 15 minutes
W A T

That's crazy, *** them >_>

Sacrifice +1 song power from Gjallarhorn for longer songs sounds neato when you're feeling lazy. Even if you get stronger songs by being willing to sing more often (and like... not THAT much more often if you have Carn).

But so many questions... Troubadour work to increase that 15min duration? Carnwenhan? Other song duration gear?

And annoyances: the natural law of Vana'diel dictates that you get those super long buffs up and DDs are going to be even MORE likely to die instantly. And Honor March won't work with this so you'll still have ONE song with oddball duration. Bah.

Asura.Chevalios said: »
I'm thinking it's probably gonna be a reward somewhere during the new story content at some point.

Yeah, hard for me to imagine they'd lock something like this ONLY behind a limited Bonanza. Maybe introduce it there first, but why wouldn't they add this to the Voracious Resurgence stuff or some future event?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-11-09 23:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Aoibhe said: »
When it comes to ANYTHING anyone outside of Japan has always been a second class citizen.

fixed
[+]
By Aoibhe 2020-11-10 00:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Jukiro said: »
When it comes to ANYTHING anyone outside of Japan has always been a second class citizen.

fixed

I feel like they at least respect the non JP XIV players enough to give them some kind of information along with JP.
By Senaki 2020-11-10 01:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes to XI anyone outside of Japan has always been a second class citizen.

Japanese-Americans must confuse SE.
By Rips 2020-11-10 02:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It's up, folks. Get that bread.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-11-10 03:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not high in moogle mastery but the only things I can exchange segments for are lustreless scale/hide/wing
By Pantafernando 2020-11-10 03:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Price?
By Autocast 2020-11-10 03:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Only moogle mastery 7 in sheol A and price for scales is 500/ea
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-11-10 03:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to keep track on the hypothesis that MM can affect mats prices.

Now to see if this is cheap or expensive, just doing a run and checking how much is earned per trip, how troublesome are the objectives and if the new currency is shared between members or its individually and independantly rewarded for each one.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Server: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-11-10 03:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like mat prices are the same across the board whether you have MM 1 or 45.

I think I'm 38 and mat prices are 500, 750, 1000.

The display for progress in C is still borked :/
By SimonSes 2020-11-10 07:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
Only moogle mastery 7 in sheol A and price for scales is 500/ea

500 points for 1 scale or box of scales?
By Autocast 2020-11-10 07:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The item on the list is the name of the single item, Lustreless scale, not the box, so assume single. unless it gives you a stack of them.

Only got 243 points from a mimic run, every character in the party gets the points, points are 100% from mobs.
By SimonSes 2020-11-10 07:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope its a joke if its 1. I mean it looks like you need to kill from 16(C-4) to 100(A-1) mobs for 1 scale.. Even if you multiply that by 6 for each party member, thats kinda a joke.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-11-10 08:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what the "Ebisu Fishing Mod" is? Something the mod an Eibsu?! A typo?!
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2020-11-10 08:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Rod/Mod, Typo probably.
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-11-10 09:04:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope so, I don't really care about those weapons but I don't want an upgrade to my Ebisu locked behind a lottery.

Also gonna assume that the scythe is for DRK and not DRG.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-11-10 09:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

what an an upgrade to ebisu even do? no more lost catches? that would be awesome :o
[+]
 Valefor.Maurauc
Server: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2020-11-10 10:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
Hope so, I don't really care about those weapons but I don't want an upgrade to my Ebisu locked behind a lottery.

Also gonna assume that the scythe is for DRK and not DRG.
They also listed the Reraise staff as for GEO, even though it's for SMN, so I wouldn't take any of the wording as is. Assume Ebisu Rod, not mod, until the dats say otherwise.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-11-13 07:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If the developers could read English or if the community team could read and write JP and English and could convert our posts over (why don't they hire people who can speak and write both languages?) I would suggest we make a thread to hash out ideas for new content, this is the hardest part of updating a game.

Since we don't have that, I guess it's pointless.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-25 08:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

By FaeQueenCory 2020-11-25 09:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
what an an upgrade to ebisu even do?
It glows red.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

They've already fixed the typos. Like Maurauc said about the staff, now it's WHM/SMN on the ENG side; and sure enough "mod" is now "Rod".
By Rips 2020-11-26 03:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm up late and just wanted to be the first person to come in here and say it before anyone else did:

Odysset.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-11-26 03:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
I'm up late and just wanted to be the first person to come in here and say it before anyone else did:

Odysset.

Gonna get some Odysset content for birthday (17th Jan) I guess.

EDIT: Funny thing is they wrote it like that 2 times in that note, so it wasn't even typing error XD
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-26 03:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Glory to Odysset!

Hopefully this time they're gonna get it right and understand we need the KIs to store like Omen, so you can do multiple runs back to back instead of being forced to go in Rabao every *** day :-P

Either way it's interesting how this upgrade was originally planned for November, then got moved to December, then moved again to January.
I don't wanna start rumors or anything, but if anything I think they must be working on something else behind the curtains.
Whatever it may be, not even necessarily something related to FFXI, who knows, but it's quite clear to me they're busy working on something else atm.
By Ruaumoko 2020-11-26 03:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The fourth month with no job update I think...?
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 173 174 175 ... 423 424 425