Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 161 162 163 ... 423 424 425
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-10-20 17:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor is SE love child. They deserve the blu treatment.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-20 17:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly most of the balance work that should be done is just far outside the scope of anything SE would be willing to(or capable of) doing.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-10-20 17:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m surprised(or not)That they’ve allowed RUN and COR to dominate for so long, but nailed BLU to the cross from Omen onward.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-10-20 17:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Felgarr said: »
You'll notice that COR has a free WSD+10% in the feet slot (which no other job has. In doing so, SE is telling other jobs, they have to get a similarly augmented WSD piece via Dark Matter (if they cannot wear a similar WSD+7 piece from Ambuscade).

Along that same train of thought, COR is also the only job (aside from BRD), that gets a Dynamis SU5 weapon that is outside of it's main REMA arsenal (ranged weapon, i.e. Gun).

Totally dont understand those 2 paragraphs.

COR is maybe only job with free 10%wsd on feet, but has no free WSD in legs and head, when some other jobs have. Completely dont understand the narrative that COR is a winner here? If anything, WAR and DRK are the winners. WAR has 10%WSD head and body and DRK 10%WSD legs and body. They have 7%WSD feet from Ambu and Odyssean hands have 2%WSD as base stat, so its possible to have up to 12% on them. On top of that Scythe DRK swims in WSD from SU3.

Now for 2nd paragraph. How is Su5 dagger for BRD not conflicting with it's REMA arsenal, when BRD has access to Twashtar, Carnwanhen and even Mandau XD

A job can have 5 WSD+10 pieces in the head, body, hands, legs and feet slots. Some jobs are "screwed" by having their WSD+10% AF1+3 or Relic+3 pieces overlap with the Ambuscade WSD+7% pieces. For example, SAM Legs can be WSD+10 or WSD+7, leaving the player to get DM augments for WSD+10 in 3 slots.

COR is unique from other jobs in that, it's the only job with WSD+10% in the feet slot and also doesn't overlap with any Ambuscade WSD+7% pieces AND gets an Su5 weapon in a non-REMA slot (dagger, as opposed ranged). At the introduction of Dynamis D (and relic+3 armor), these choices by SE poise COR further ahead of other jobs, in terms of power creep and gear progression.

(It's as if SE was telling us from the start: "COR is going to be really good in Dynamis D from the get-go").

So, when Empy+2-3 are released, I'll do the same thing, map out all of the pieces and see which jobs have equipment slots that are auto-upgraded in this manner (i.e. For relic+3, the indicator is
a free, guaranteed upgraded slot to WSD+10, bypassing DM augments and giving SU5 weapons that don't prohibit/overlap with REMAs).

However, I do have a feeling that Empy+2-3 will mimic relic+3 and give jobs another WSD+10 slot. I'd prefer a new stat/gimmick, but this is SE, we're talking about after all.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-10-20 18:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

COR is unique from other jobs in that, it's the only job with WSD+10% in the feet slot and also doesn't overlap with any Ambuscade WSD+7% pieces AND gets an Su5 weapon in a non-REMA slot (dagger, as opposed ranged).

I still totally dont understand why you are connecting few things.

Yes, its unique that it gets non-REMA slot SU5.

Now it's unique that it gets +10%WSD feet, but how does it matter? Its not unique in getting 2x 10%WSD pieces in slot other than Ambuscade. Many jobs have that luxury like BLU, WAR, DRK, RNG, MNK, PUP. So I dont see any COR advantage here.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-20 18:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
I’m surprised(or not)That they’ve allowed RUN and COR to dominate for so long, but nailed BLU to the cross from Omen onward.
I'm also thinking of all the augment ***. DM Augs and the DT on ambu capes really hurt the ability to do job balance. DT being everywhere is honestly bad for job balance. According to SE PLD isn't allowed to do damage cause it's supposed to just be tanky... but apparently DDs are allowed to be tanky at a pretty small cost in part because SE just slaps DT on everything either directly or through augs.

And there's honestly a ton more general gear rebalancing they probably should do but they aren't gonna if only because it'd be too big a project.
[+]
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2020-10-20 18:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Cor is SE love child. They deserve the blu treatment.

remember way back when everyone said SAM was SE's only love?
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-10-20 18:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Or MNK

Or RDM

Or NIN
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-10-20 19:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

COR is unique from other jobs in that, it's the only job with WSD+10% in the feet slot and also doesn't overlap with any Ambuscade WSD+7% pieces AND gets an Su5 weapon in a non-REMA slot (dagger, as opposed ranged).

Now it's unique that it gets +10%WSD feet, but how does it matter? Its not unique in getting 2x 10%WSD pieces in slot other than Ambuscade. Many jobs have that luxury like BLU, WAR, DRK, RNG, MNK, PUP. So I dont see any COR advantage here.

It doesn't mean anything by itself. It just literally stood out when making the chart. Perhaps when empy+2-3 armor comes out (and we all know what empy feet farming was/is like). Maybe SE will make all jobs have WSD+10% feet automatically....and COR will be left out of that benefit?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-20 19:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The real problem that your chart displays are the jobs that have to share WSD pieces with Ambuscade armor slots. BST, DNC, NIN, SAM, RDM. That list is going to certainly get bigger when they release empyrean+3 sets, with a few jobs getting off scott-free with WSD+37% in gear without having to bother with the augment game. It's not that big of a deal, but in a game where you want jobs to be as closely balanced as possible, it does hurt a little for jobs like BST or NIN.
[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2020-10-20 19:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

To the points above about new content, I think you’re all forgetting the easy upgrade for end game content: Outland and dreamland dynamis divergence. Didn’t those were originally come out over a multi year period? Not sure what the wave 3 upgrades will be, but to somebody’s point earlier, another Dynamis lord fight? They’ve already done sky gods in escha, for example.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-20 19:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I eagerly await the ridiculous gear powercreep going from empy+1 to +2.

always seemed to me that unless they had a new tier level of content to roll out that empy would likely get the least improvements from +2/3 since the baseline was already decent compared to what af/relic+1's stats were, but if they want to go crazy with it, go for it.

I made this a while back to breakdown the WSD+% pieces for each job, by AF1, Relic and Ambuscade gear.

You'll notice that COR has a free WSD+10% in the feet slot (which no other job has. In doing so, SE is telling other jobs, they have to get a similarly augmented WSD piece via Dark Matter (if they cannot wear a similar WSD+7 piece from Ambuscade).

Along that same train of thought, COR is also the only job (aside from BRD), that gets a Dynamis SU5 weapon that is outside of it's main REMA arsenal (ranged weapon, i.e. Gun).

So, when you mention "power creep" for new content, take a look what SE gives to each job, and you'll be able to clearly identify who the intended Job-Winner when this new content is released.

Edit: (LOL @ PLD/RUN who don't get any JSE WSD gear)...but unexpectedly, BRD only gets 1 WSD+10 piece and it is relic+3.
Blasphemy! Not listing the jobs in their official order, shame upon you and a pox, a pox I say upon thy family!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-20 19:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

At least 2 people in my LS have pointed this out in the past: The Provenance Watcher boss is the only monster design in the game they have not re-used. I wasn't around when Voidwatch came out, so I never got the chance to progress through the story and fight that thing when it was fresh content. I wouldn't mind if they gave that an updated fight.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-20 19:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
Or MNK

Or RDM

Or NIN
SE has never given love to NIN, abyssea red procs whoring doesn't count.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-10-20 19:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN was just the king of abyssea for survival, but that was more due to the atmas and shadows, not anything SE did specifically to improve the job.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-10-20 19:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Atmas and abyssite made any job survivable in Abby, NIN had all red procs, but only if you had some pretty rare seasonal weapons. Hell I just barely got GS myself last shadow lord campaign. Shadows in Abby weren't anything specials, that's when AoE spam really became a thing anyway.

NIN is the OG redheaded step child of XI.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-10-20 20:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN had decidedly fewer than all of the red procs until long after Abyssea's heyday, when additional level caps, better skill gear, and more event weapons gave them all their options.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-10-20 20:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
NIN is the OG redheaded step child of XI.

Maybe post 75 cap. Utsusemi was broken good during that, and while it was "nerfed", it still worked better with more skill. Shared some very appropriate gear for tanking, like Arhat's, and more Haste gear than most when that was rarer. On top of that, it was a solid DD for many things, if not one of the preferred ones.

Abyssea era did start to migrate away from blink tanking everything, but mostly because it was one of the mechanic corners SE had painted itself into.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-10-20 22:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Or MNK

Or RDM

Or NIN

Utsusemi tanking for most of the 75 days. To the point where every DD was /NIN and PLDs couldn't get invites. And then NINs started tanking Gods too...

That was what killed Blind/Bind/Sleep enmity among other things that killed off NIN tanking.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-10-20 23:27:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Or MNK

Or RDM

Or NIN

Utsusemi tanking for most of the 75 days. To the point where every DD was /NIN and PLDs couldn't get invites. And then NINs started tanking Gods too...

That was what killed Blind/Bind/Sleep enmity among other things that killed off NIN tanking.
Funnily enough it was RDM tanking that made SE kill off NIN tanking.

And it seemed like every DD was /NIN because DW was the best way to do basically anything since 2handers kinda sucked ***. And then SE started it's love affair with SAM.

PLD XPing became a nightmare with ToAU when we moved from SCMBing stuff down to chaining squishy VTs. PLD very bad for chaining squishy VTs. Tank DPS didn't matter much for the SCMB days since like 70% of your damage was from your BLM and PLD could at least close distortion. You were still the less preferred tank because WHMs are lazy and just wanted to haste and AFK.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-10-21 00:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The jobs that are in most need of an update are NIN, BLU, BST, PUP, SMN. You can probably tackle BST, PUP and SMN in the same update with a trait which copies active Enhancing/Song/Roll effects to Pets, Automatons and Avatars. The code for this exists with the effect of a DRG's Empyrean body, just change it from Food effect to those and you're sorted.

At the same time Beast, Drachen, Companion's and Puppet Roll could all be changed. Separating pet and player buffs might have worked back at the Lv.75 cap but it just hasn't aged well and needs adjusting.
Beast Roll: Pet Attack Bonus > TP Bonus (BST has Fencer)
Drachen Roll: Pet Accuracy Bonus > Job Ability Haste (DRG gets Job Ability Haste from its Wyvern)
Companion's Roll: Pet Regen/Regain > Attribute Bonus
Puppet Roll: Pet Magic Accuracy/Attack > Critical Hit Damage Bonus

SMN needs to have a damage wall implemented, though the horse has probably already bolted here, and the effects of most its Wards scale with Summoning Magic Skill.

BLU needs new spells, changes to Chain Affinity, Burst Affinity and Unbridled Learning as well. Some of the HNM spells should not be restricted to Unbridled Learning and should give some needed job traits (Damage Limit+, WS Damage Bonus, Subtle Blow, extra tiers of Tenacity etc).

NIN needs the same treatment MNK got, its Physical WS's need a big buff. Ninjutsu potency should scale with Skill. Yonin should negate the CE Loss penalty for losing a shadow and actually increase CE with each shadow the NIN loses, as that's the main reason Yonin is used. Finally, NIN needs an exclusive job trait which prevents all its shadows from being wiped in a single attack.

Just shotgunning that out there.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-10-21 04:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN only needs a dmg wall when drk and mnk cant hit for 30k auto attacks otherwise so what if smn has 30 secs for glory.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-10-21 04:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never ever used the SMN strategy to do Reisenjima Aeonic and I still don't get all the hate around SMN and AC.
[+]
By Afania 2020-10-21 04:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't mean anything by itself. It just literally stood out when making the chart. Perhaps when empy+2-3 armor comes out (and we all know what empy feet farming was/is like). Maybe SE will make all jobs have WSD+10% feet automatically....and COR will be left out of that benefit?

I like how that people think WSD is the reason why "Cor is SE love child" lol. RNG has even MORE WSD than COR from ammo slot and I've never seen people call it SE love child nor anything.

There are only 2 reason why COR is popular: 1) rolls 2) darkness weather in dyna D. (Though that benefits RDM just as much)
By SimonSes 2020-10-21 05:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
The jobs that are in most need of an update are NIN, BLU, BST, PUP, SMN. You can probably tackle BST, PUP and SMN in the same update with a trait which copies active Enhancing/Song/Roll effects to Pets, Automatons and Avatars. The code for this exists with the effect of a DRG's Relic body, just change it from Food effect to those and you're sorted.

At the same time Beast, Drachen, Companion's and Puppet Roll could all be changed. Separating pet and player buffs might have worked back at the Lv.75 cap but it just hasn't aged well and needs adjusting.
Drachen Roll: Pet Accuracy Bonus > Job Ability Haste (DRG gets Job Ability Haste from its Wyvern)

Its not that bad idea by itself, but it would be so easily exploitable..

Imagine PUP automaton with 4 songs, 4 rolls, geo bubbles, phalanx, Regen V etc. That would be unkillable machine that could solo everything, unless you would hard wall it by mob spaming doom and death or maybe set low time limit for dps check.

Beside exploiting it like that, I think it would generally totally break party composition into having 2 or even 3 cors in party. Stacking rolls for single self skillchaining DD or one DD + 2 Cors or 3 Cors would be always more optimal than going with one Cor. Currently its not the case only because there is not enough OP rolls for melee, but adding TP bonus roll and ability haste roll would completely change that.
By Felgarr 2020-10-21 05:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
The jobs that are in most need of an update are NIN, BLU, BST, PUP, SMN. You can probably tackle BST, PUP and SMN in the same update with a trait which copies active Enhancing/Song/Roll effects to Pets, Automatons and Avatars. The code for this exists with the effect of a DRG's Relic body, just change it from Food effect to those and you're sorted.

Its not that bad idea by itself, but it would be so easily exploitable..

Imagine PUP automaton with 4 songs, 4 rolls, geo bubbles, phalanx, Regen V etc. That would be unkillable machine that could solo everything, unless you would hard wall it by mob spaming doom and death or maybe set low time limit for dps check.

Beside exploiting it like that, I think it would generally totally break party composition into having 2 or even 3 cors in party. Stacking rolls for single self skillchaining DD or one DD + 2 Cors or 3 Cors would be always more optimal than going with one Cor. Currently its not the case only because there is not enough OP rolls for melee, but adding TP bonus roll and ability haste roll would completely change that.

I agree with what you've said here, and maybe I'm the outlier, but I wish SE would stop relying on strictly "Battle Content" for new content. SE could cherry-pick 10 assaults, make them I-Level 130-160 and give you rewards based on your completion time and/or content-level.

"Stop the bloodshed" at I-level 150, anyone? No? Just me? ...fine. :(
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-10-21 06:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

E could cherry-pick 10 assaults, make them I-Level 130-160 and give you rewards based on your completion time and/or content-level.

I will delete my account the day something like Building Bridges becomes current content.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-21 06:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there some addon people use with Nyzul Isle U to make it less terrible? I can't face doing it more than a handful of times.

It's obnoxious content, I groan every time I get order lamps. I know how to do it but it's just so tedious without a map.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-10-21 06:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an addon that shows you at a glance the time you have left and current floor objective. Which probably as far as you're going to get without applying anything potentially bannable.
First Page 2 3 ... 161 162 163 ... 423 424 425