Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-07-07 21:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticktick said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Also, can anyone tell what that chart is at the 49 minute mark of the video?

It looks like they're lowering requirements of something from NQ to +1 to +2, but without knowing what the kanji symbols mean, I don't know what it's referring to.
endxen said: »
Anyone able to translate the 49ish min mark 4/4 chart of the podcast? Its a chart with what looks to be +1/+2 upgrade numbers on it.

they're changing the exchange rate on skirmish (not alluvion) stones

It's the stones you can get in exchange for Obsidian Fragments, correct?

Also, earlier in that section of the video, they bring up Alluvion Skirmish and Puissance. And something about increased loot (sacks of stones instead of individual stones maybe?) I was able to turn on the translate function on YouTube (bad translation) but did catch some wording that seems to indicate that we'll be getting sacks of stones instead of single stones.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-07-08 08:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57009-Log-in-Points-Abyssea-Empyrean-Weapon-drops-where-are-you

Spam like this!
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 09:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No, just farm them.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-07-08 09:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
No, just farm them.

Chloris can take upwards of 3 months of casual farming to complete.

I almost never play and would rather not spend all of my time doing that considering how at any time SE could give us another Login Campaign for it. It is totally within their power and long over due to give us another campaign.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-08 09:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

3 months of "casual farming"? That's just only because you say so. It could take 15 years of "casual farming", depending on how what you consider "casual" >.>

Even just doing the bare minimum (one Chloris per day) could have it done in 1.5 month and even in as less than a month. And you can also ask people to sell you their pops. If you're willing to pay real money for mules, you should be fine paying gil for pops. I made my Verethragna in a short amount of time, but Chloris only took me about 4 weeks and I only did like 15~20 buds a week, and skipped days at a time. And I am what you could consider a
casual player
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 11:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Pantafernando said: »
No, just farm them.

Chloris can take upwards of 3 months of casual farming to complete.

I almost never play and would rather not spend all of my time doing that considering how at any time SE could give us another Login Campaign for it. It is totally within their power and long over due to give us another campaign.

Personally i dont think empy farming this chore though.

I actually think its quite more enjoyable than mythics. I dont mind spending couple hours daily farming them. Making 2 or 3 per night, even more if youre commited to it isnt anything out of casual realm.

I guess it all depend how much you want an item though. I just add to my wanted list if some weapon either is majorly stornger than second option (DP) or is utility focused (BRD etc). So i really lack on empy weapons
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-08 11:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Tahrongi NM's are pretty shitty, but it shouldnt take 3 months to farm ~35 Chloris (ffxidb shows 170% drop rate, I'm going with 150%).
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-07-08 11:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Tahrongi NM's are pretty shitty, but it shouldnt take 3 months to farm ~35 Chloris (ffxidb shows 170% drop rate, I'm going with 150%).

I only play for about 5-6 hours a week between work and school. :P
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-08 12:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

MMORPGs, especially ultimate weapons from them, just aren't intended for people with such limited free time, to be frank.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 12:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to play is mostly dependent how much you can use time on your daily efficiently.

The more you analyse your routine, you can find shortcuts here and there, and extend your time playing.

For starters, think that you dont need to eat everyday, and if you dint eat everyday you wont have WC needs everyday. Sleeping is for newbs. Also you can pretend your sick and skip school and work to play. Dont marry and dont have kids so you can also farm some currency in old dyna
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-07-08 20:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
MMORPGs, especially ultimate weapons from them, just aren't intended for people with such limited free time, to be frank.

Yeah I'm totally a filthy casual.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-07-08 20:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »

Yeah I'm totally a filthy casual.

Hence why I want the login campaign!
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 20:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

You want it but considering how long since the last one, plus the recent change to skirmish conversion rate, and it seems like SE isnt happy that we can complete REMA steps with little to no effort.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2020-07-13 04:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even...who made these 3 ideas for a trust contest...

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/17956/detail.html
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-07-13 04:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »

Probably some JPs with a lot of time on their hands. Though to be fair, the NIN/BLM trust looks pretty intriguing.
By malakef 2020-07-13 05:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are really bad. The MP samurai *might* make kupipi a viable whm and possibly keep the brd trusts from using ballad because of trust MP issues.

How did we not get a COR that just does attack and double attack? Why did so many people make Brady game guide suggestion of a MNK/RDM with enspell fists...

It’s also only available for 5 months so who cares I guess.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-13 05:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »

Probably some JPs with a lot of time on their hands. Though to be fair, the NIN/BLM trust looks pretty intriguing.

NIN/BLM sounds like an idea coming from FFXII lol.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-13 06:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How about you *** give us back Cornelia?!
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2020-07-13 06:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

all trash trusts
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2020-07-13 07:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn’t the second trust just Rainmard with H2H?
By Pantafernando 2020-07-13 07:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hachiryu set for SAM is too flashy.

Given its Matsui, i would just give it PUP empy
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-07-13 07:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They clearly went out of their way to pick three of the most useless Trusts. I'm not even going to bother voting... or getting that Trust.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-07-13 07:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »
Why did so many people make Brady game guide suggestion

I came here to make this exact comment. These sound exactly like something I recall reading about in their "possible sub jobs" suggestions.

Why not just a Trust campaign where we can use every Unity trust despite which we are a member of? There. and bring back Cornelia. That would actually add to subs to be honest. This will exactly do zero for anything EVEN IF ALL THREE of these suggestions were all added. Nobody would use ANY of them for anything but the lulz.

Also:
"Casts En-spells on enemies and pummels them."

This entire thing:

Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-07-13 08:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose to the bright side is this trust is only temporary anyway so I guess it not actually being any good will avoid another Cornelia situation but Jesus, what do they have against supports that don't spam Paeon/Ballad/Evoker's Roll and try to interrupt your SCs every five seconds?
By Felgarr 2020-07-13 08:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The whole *** thing is rigged. They most likely didn't parse any actual user suggestions.

In fact, Everyone's MP Supply is likely already written and the other two are such obvious poor throwaways.

I dare someone to provide proof they are a real player who submitted one of those suggestions.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-07-13 08:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
The whole *** thing is rigged. They most likely didn't parse any actual user suggestions.

In fact, Everyone's MP Supply is likely already written and the other two are such obvious poor throwaways.

I dare someone to provide proof they are a real player who submitted one of those suggestions.

Exactly what I was screaming when they announced "Cornelia" as the winner last time, but who the hell would have thought of her when Lilith exists. They even admitted something like "we were surprised by the number of votes for Lilith" acknowledging her win, basically, but they already had coded Cornelia and/or had her ready to go in advance.

Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-07-13 08:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
I SUBMITTED A MNK DD BECAUSE WE ALREADY HAVE SHANTOTTO TO MB AND WHO RUNS OUT OF MP????

I capsed on purpose :3
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-07-13 08:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they already had these trusts decided and just pretended to ask for what people wanted.

Who would ask for those weird job combinations really? People want useful stuff.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-07-13 08:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Isn’t the second trust just Rainmard with H2H?
My dad works for SE and he said it would be like a rl in-game MNK dps.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2020-07-13 09:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
They clearly went out of their way to pick three of the most useless Trusts. I'm not even going to bother voting... or getting that Trust.

Probably going to auto-populate in your list... right below your UC trust, so have fun getting rid of the muscle memory of selecting the last one in your list!
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 409 410 411