Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 424 425 426
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-08-31 13:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If they didn't say anything about him, for all we know he could be better than Cornelia.
 Asura.Outlawbruce
Server: Asura
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-08-31 14:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg is this how they're gonna make Monk and Ninja amazing with all this physical dmg limit? :D
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-08-31 14:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Outlawbruce said: »
Omg is this how they're gonna make Monk and Ninja amazing with all this physical dmg limit? :D
Really curios what the rest of the set will shape up to be and how it will effect DPS output.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2019-08-31 14:34:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be a full set, but I guess it may end up being just body/hands.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-08-31 14:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They could probably stick them on the obviously-incoming-eventually Atomos new high tier battlefield. He ate the shoes, pants, and hat.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2019-08-31 14:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow that magic evasion though

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-08-31 16:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Those pieces are generally great hybrid set pieces, but i'm not sure what to think about them as offensive ones.

Most of those jobs will have a hard time capping attack with another +10% PDL and alternatives also adds a lot of damage.

For DNC It will for sure benefit Terpsihore a litte. It's main advantage was using it with hybrid set to make up for lost multihit. Now you getting -14%DT, +22 meva, +11 sTP, +10%PDL with those pieces over Turms +1. So the defensive aspect of hybrid set for DNC rises a lot while 11sTP is great for Terpsi AM3 and 10%PDL is a nice bonus if you can cap damage. Also looks like those pieces are also better for Pyrrhic if you are capping attack and +23 STP on Pyrrhic is nice for TP return too (~33TP more). Body might also be bis for Rudra if you are missing some OP DM augment on Herculean.

For Monk offensively you cant really replace Empy body with Impetus up. Now even with Impetus down it can hardly rival Kendatsuba+1. 6%TA and 9% crit rate vs 6%PDL and 11 store TP. Kendatsuba will be slightly more melee damage and similar TP generation. Still it's superior DT/meva piece that loses almost nothing offensively (if you are attack capped). Same for gloves. Now keep in mind that MNK pdif cap with Neck +2 is at 4.18 and that's already kinda high for a job that has only 60% uptime on berserk. 4.56 achievable with neck+body+hands would probably only be realistic with superbuffs, but then you would probably use Empy body anyway, so mostly only hands can have a realistic use case for offense.

For Ninja it seems to be that same as for Impetus down Monk, so hard to fully use offensively, but amazing defensively with lesser gap to max TP set.

For Ranger and Corsair those gloves are just phenomenal for shooting. +10 STR, +5 AGI, +5 store TP, +4%PDL, while only losing 4% crit rate and 10 ratt in comparison with Adhemar +1. Corsair would probably still go for Relic+3 gloves during Triple Shot probably? Now Body can be great for shooting too, but it has a way stronger alternatives in form of RNG AF+3 and Nisrosh. Amazing for Corsairs who don't have Nisroch tho and also amazing for DT/MEVA (hybrid or pure) set. It might possibly let you shoot from guns at their sweet spot (6.5' from target) and not be annihilated by AoE :) Body seems to be the best for RNG Last Stand if attack capped. Gloves are close too, but keep in mind that they have no ratt.

For THF its a really tough call offensively, because THF has a high diminishing returns on Triple attack, but has Triple Attack damage at the same time. Has very good AF+3 body for TP and Adhemar +1 gloves losing 5 store TP, but giving 4% crit rate (usually from set bonus with head or legs) and 4% Triple attack is a really hard to calculate. Amazing hybrid pieces tho. I will probably wear this on mule THF to farm Omen more safely (and faster because it's easier to link mobs to kill faster then) :D

For Blue mage Ohhhhhh boy!!!! Finally a great pieces for hybrid MEVA TP set and that store TP stacks soooo well with Tizona's AM3. Must have if you solo on this job.

Overall amazing pieces for hybrid DT/MEVA/TP sets and in some cases also potentially upgrades for few TP sets and WS sets.

It's late and that was many jobs to cover, so it's possible I made some mistakes :/
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-08-31 16:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Really curios what the rest of the set will shape up to be and how it will effect DPS output.

Assuming it would be whole set, it would be a lot of PDL, without attack, multihit, crit rate and crit damage. So it would still only be noticeable improvement only with CC Fighter/Chaos+Rogue rolls, tons of def- on mobs, Berserk, Impetus etc. and still only as 4/5 set, because empy body is just godly during Impetus.
 Cerberus.Dekar
Server: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-08-31 16:23:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »

Seems to be a full set, but I guess it may end up being just body/hands.

The picture does show a hat and what looks to be legs/feet.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2019-08-31 16:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets not forgot that the set is already in game from WoTG npcs so they could have just put the rest of the set on the character in the image.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-08-31 17:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Greetings adventurers! For completing 480 Deed Pts you will be pleasantly surprised by....

Cipher: Dry Bone

Please look forward to it
[+]
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-08-31 18:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Those pieces are generally great hybrid set pieces, but i'm not sure what to think about them as offensive ones.

Most of those jobs will have a hard time capping attack with another +10% PDL and alternatives also adds a lot of damage.

For DNC It will for sure benefit Terpsihore a litte. It's main advantage was using it with hybrid set to make up for lost multihit. Now you getting -14%DT, +22 meva, +11 sTP, +10%PDL with those pieces over Turms +1. So the defensive aspect of hybrid set for DNC rises a lot while 11sTP is great for Terpsi AM3 and 10%PDL is a nice bonus if you can cap damage. Also looks like those pieces are also better for Pyrrhic if you are capping attack and +23 STP on Pyrrhic is nice for TP return too (~33TP more). Body might also be bis for Rudra if you are missing some OP DM augment on Herculean.

For Monk offensively you cant really replace Empy body with Impetus up. Now even with Impetus down it can hardly rival Kendatsuba+1. 6%TA and 9% crit rate vs 6%PDL and 11 store TP. Kendatsuba will be slightly more melee damage and similar TP generation. Still it's superior DT/meva piece that loses almost nothing offensively (if you are attack capped). Same for gloves. Now keep in mind that MNK pdif cap with Neck +2 is at 4.18 and that's already kinda high for a job that has only 60% uptime on berserk. 4.56 achievable with neck+body+hands would probably only be realistic with superbuffs, but then you would probably use Empy body anyway, so mostly only hands can have a realistic use case for offense.

For Ninja it seems to be that same as for Impetus down Monk, so hard to fully use offensively, but amazing defensively with lesser gap to max TP set.

For Ranger and Corsair those gloves are just phenomenal for shooting. +10 STR, +5 AGI, +5 store TP, +4%PDL, while only losing 4% crit rate and 10 ratt in comparison with Adhemar +1. Corsair would probably still go for Relic+3 gloves during Triple Shot probably? Now Body can be great for shooting too, but it has a way stronger alternatives in form of RNG AF+3 and Nisrosh. Amazing for Corsairs who don't have Nisroch tho and also amazing for DT/MEVA (hybrid or pure) set. It might possibly let you shoot from guns at their sweet spot (6.5' from target) and not be annihilated by AoE :) Body seems to be the best for RNG Last Stand if attack capped. Gloves are close too, but keep in mind that they have no ratt.

For THF its a really tough call offensively, because THF has a high diminishing returns on Triple attack, but has Triple Attack damage at the same time. Has very good AF+3 body for TP and Adhemar +1 gloves losing 5 store TP, but giving 4% crit rate (usually from set bonus with head or legs) and 4% Triple attack is a really hard to calculate. Amazing hybrid pieces tho. I will probably wear this on mule THF to farm Omen more safely (and faster because it's easier to link mobs to kill faster then) :D

For Blue mage Ohhhhhh boy!!!! Finally a great pieces for hybrid MEVA TP set and that store TP stacks soooo well with Tizona's AM3. Must have if you solo on this job.

Overall amazing pieces for hybrid DT/MEVA/TP sets and in some cases also potentially upgrades for few TP sets and WS sets.

It's late and that was many jobs to cover, so it's possible I made some mistakes :/

And rdm? Ayanmo Corazza has 46 magic acc and 7% double attack for Crocea Mors users. Now if "magic life" is accuracy? Then I think this new body will be replacing Ayanmo now. Gloves....I don't know. Ayanmo for the enspell damage is probably still going to win.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-31 19:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

No it's not. You can clearly see in funks translation mp. Magic life is magic accuracy. The HP/mp values are listed right after the defense, and magic accuracy always comes directly after accuracy or attack, if it's included
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-08-31 19:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
Its a mistranslation on the body by him, it is magic accuracy not magic life. Magic life in Japanese = MP

Whatever.. you can clearly see on the pic with body that it has MP +36, so that +50 is magic accuracy.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-08-31 19:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And rdm? Ayanmo Corazza has 46 magic acc and 7% double attack for Crocea Mors users. Now if "magic life" is accuracy? Then I think this new body will be replacing Ayanmo now. Gloves....I don't know. Ayanmo for the enspell damage is probably still going to win.

I wrote about jobs I know. It can definitely benefits other jobs too, but I just wanted to avoid uneducated guessing on my part :P
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-08-31 19:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
That's just what I said dumb ***.

I wont even take that bait.
I will just write it last time in peaceful way.

There is Magic Life + 50 on body translation.
There is MP +44 on body image

Magic life is not MP in this translation. Whatever if it's mistake or not. Magic life in this translation is magic accuracy.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-08-31 19:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Marignos Grape

Marigna Starbird

Grape and Starbird? XD

It's Gloves and Tabard lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-08-31 20:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not have enough time this morning to do a proper translation, so I elected to post what google translate spit out in hopes that the jibberish was understood.

Here are PROPER translations, even though everyone figured it out. Updating the OP.

Gloves - Marignos Gloves

DEF 108, HP+57, MP+36, STR+25, DEX+56
VIT+32, AGI+24, INT+11, MND+42, CHR+21
Accuracy+50, Ranged Accuracy+50, Magic Accuracy+50,
Evasion+80, Magic Evasion+112
Magic Def Bonus+4, Haste+4%, Store TP+12
Physical Damage Limit+4%, Damage Taken-5%

Body - Marignos Tabard

DEF 143, HP+68, MP+44, STR+19, DEX+49
VIT+25, AGI+42, INT+19, MND+24, CHR+24
Accuracy+50, Ranged Accuracy+50, Magic Accuracy+50,
Evasion+102, Magic Evasion+139
Magic Def Bonus+8, Haste+6%, Store TP+11
Physical Damage Limit+6%, Damage Taken-9%
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-08-31 21:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Is that the only body in game with a haste value higher than 4%? Probably not but I bet there's not many either.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-08-31 21:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Is that the only body in game with a haste value higher than 4%? Probably not but I bet there's not many either.
No, there are a few with 5, 6, and 7. A few false positives due to pet haste but
5: https://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&slots[]=32&description=Haste%2B5#adv
6: https://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&slots[]=32&description=Haste%2B6#adv
7: https://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?&slots[]=32&description=Haste%2B7#adv

I didn't count any cloaks at +9 since they take up head and body
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-08-31 21:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I was obviously talking about 119 bodies.
2x at 5%
4x at 6%
1x at 7%

That's it. Not many indeed, after all. Not sure how many of these 7 bodies are usable during a TP phase either, cause that was kinda the point I was making: i.e. an excess of Haste in TP phase.
Wonder if those 2% more open any option with low haste for any of the jobs in the list?

Only recent melee pieces with lower-than-usual Haste that I can think of are the Meghanada set and the other Ambu set for WAR/DRG etc modelled after Ares.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-08-31 21:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm Meghanada Chausses +2 could be an interesting TP piece for instance. Reason why I don't think I use it in any of my TP set is because I can't compensate the loss of haste.
With that body now you're able to I think.

So I guess that adds some additional point to the Body for DNC, THF and lolBST?

edit:
THF not so much since theey have AF+3 legs. But it's at least a valid alternative for hybrid builds though.
By Aerix 2019-08-31 22:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Hmm Meghanada Chausses +2 could be an interesting TP piece for instance. Reason why I don't think I use it in any of my TP set is because I can't compensate the loss of haste.
With that body now you're able to I think.

So I guess that adds some additional point to the Body for DNC, THF and lolBST?

edit:
THF not so much since theey have AF+3 legs. But it's at least a valid alternative for hybrid builds though.

Adhemar +1 Head/Body/Hands + Meghanada Chausses +2 + Herculean Boots is 25% gear haste, unless you're talking about BST or JSE setups. The legs have Haste+4% which isn't a lot but not unusual.
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 424 425 426