Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 10:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ilvl trilling dagger and all will be forgiven xD
[+]
By missdivine 2019-08-05 10:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No more info about the pup attachments? I'm bothered how they waste time and resources on lock-style items instead of fixing the horrible jobs imbalance.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-08-05 10:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
ilvl trilling dagger and all will be forgiven xD

Hell no, we need something new for bard! (not melee related)
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-08-05 10:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Its going to have 'Light weather' in preparation for Limbus 3.0 Empy Reforge +3!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 10:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as they don't make it the cape slot. Make sure people have Diving Interference completed beforehand, as that's a requirement for accessing the fight.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-08-05 11:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

missdivine said: »
No more info about the pup attachments? I'm bothered how they waste time and resources on lock-style items instead of fixing the horrible jobs imbalance.

マニュー バ 消 費型 のアタッチメントをマニュー バ負 荷型 に 調 整 対象

アタッチメント:フレイムホルダー/アイスメーカー/レプリケーター/エコノマイザー

Adjustment of maneuver consumption type attachment to maneuver load type
Flame Holder / Ice Maker / Replicator / Economizer

Broken english, but from the update notes posted by Matsui, he said this: Puppetmasters are getting adjustments to certain attachments, with some getting their activation conditions changed from consuming maneuvers to generating burden.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55729?_ga=2.208386194.1099188257.1565021478-1467147267.1526310943

They are also adding display messages to show overload rate: Add display for the rate of Overload
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 11:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I assume you won't need native counter for the Counter +15 (which I also assume is 15%) - in which case they've made the Odin body irrelevant already because you could go for 50% DT in a set which contains this body also.

You never needed the trait so it's Counter+15. It does not replace Hjarrandi Breastplate since you get more offensive stats with it in a hybrid than you would this body, which frees up other spots for more DD stats. It appears they made the pieces rival each other in unique ways , which I'm glad they did. Odin body is more offensive-oriented, while this one seems highly defensive across the board. Would have been dumb for them to make Alex body also have DT, so I like the direction they went here. More of a multi-purpose/High Meva Hybrid piece that doubles as a solo/idle piece.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2019-08-05 11:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume you won't need native counter for the Counter +15 (which I also assume is 15%) - in which case they've made the Odin body irrelevant already because you could go for 50% DT in a set which contains this body also.
You do not need native counter, but it's only 15% so don't expect much without native counter.
And I wouldn't say the Odin body is useless. This is better for PLD, but WAR/DRK/DRG work better with the other. (And obvs this is best magic body.)

Does the shield have any real use if it is DT1? +15 block rate at least makes it better than Priwen I assume.
Priwen is still best starter shield, and still best anti-enfeeble shield. Thanks to that Meva+50, Priwen remains the third ultimate shield for PLD. (Plus it has more HP.)

Though I guess this makes SIR sets easier?? And it's very pretty.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 11:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Also don't forget Odin body can't be worn by SAM and BST, so it's a straight upgrade for at least BST in the meva department (sam has a way better option in Kendatsuba +1). I'm really excited to add this to my SAM DT/Counter tanking build with Seigan up. It will put me at Spharai levels of counter rate when tanking/soloing. (SAM and BST already get a DT option in Tartarus Platemail and SAM AF+3)
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 11:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not the way counter works, though. Counter+ doesn't require the job trait, unlike something like Dual Wield, where you must have a native level of it before DW+ gear starts to improve it's effects. What benefit would the ambuscade Counter+10 augment be to all jobs if it only worked on Monk or /MNK?

Keep in mind that, unless you actually have the attention of the monster, using a counter+15% body does nothing for negating melee damage. So that rules out pretty much all the jobs except maybe PLD for a good majority of the time. It has meva on it, so it's good for fights where you have to endure magic effects or damage. It would have been great for this month's ambuscade, dealing with hate reset and stun spam and all.

What kind of set do you see as having noticably better offensive stats that would outweigh the benefits of 15% counter rate in a hybrid set for WAR or DRK?

Volte is pretty good

It's a good body don't get me wrong, but don't rule out Odin body for the jobs listed. It's not a replacement, just another option.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 13:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The fights are PUP/SMN bash fests because the players make it that way. I've done both new HTBFs several times without pets with success. Just build your own competent group around the monster's mechanics and they are fairly simple fights.

Gonna be at an ungodly base counter rate with this body with Seigan/Third Eye additions. 48% in hasso.

ItemSet 359590
By Ruaumoko 2019-08-05 14:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Red Mage's merits look pretty obvious.

Enspell Effect and Immunobreak Effect to 5/5.
By Boshi 2019-08-05 15:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

eh Enfeebling duration.

immunobreak speciality for certain fights where you just drop enspell for it
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-08-05 15:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Red Mage's merits look pretty obvious.

Enspell Effect and Immunobreak Effect to 5/5.

That REALLY depends on what you use RDM for.

If you are planning to be focused on enfeebling (and not going to melee), Immunobreak/Macc is probably the choice, or maybe even Immuno/Enfeeble Duration.

If you're like me and often using a mule RDM primarily for buffs (and the occasional enfeeble or cure), you might go Enhancing duration and Immunobreak, etc.

And yeah, if you're meleeing, Enspell effect is nice.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-08-05 15:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Where are you seeing the new categories?
By Boshi 2019-08-05 15:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
New information from the Freshly Picked that aired this morning:

Pup Adjustments:

Adjustment of maneuver consumption type attachment to maneuver load type
Flame Holder / Ice Maker / Replicator / Economizer

Broken english, but from the update notes posted by Matsui, he said this: Puppetmasters are getting adjustments to certain attachments, with some getting their activation conditions changed from consuming maneuvers to generating burden.

RDM Merit Adjustments:

Enfeebling Duration
Enhancing Duration
Magic accuracy
Enspell effect
Immunobreak effect
Physical Acc

Alexander BCNM

Body stats

DEF 170
HP + 182
MP + 73
STR + 40
DEX + 21
VIT + 25
AGI + 33
INT + 37
MND + 25
CHR + 38
Accuracy + 25
Attack + 60
Magic Accuracy+ 25
Magic attack bonus+40
Magic damage + 60
Evasion + 96
Magic Evasion+ 129
Magic Defense Bonus +12
Haste + 5%
Counter +15
Fast cast + 10%
Subtle Blow+ 15
Regen (HP) + 13
WAR PLD DRK BST SAM DRG

Shield stats

Defense 65
Shield skill + 112
Recovery amount from Cure + 5%
Spell Interruption rate down 7%
shield activation rate + 15
Damage Taken -10%
War pld rdm bst

New lockstyle staff for ambuscade

New shirt, similar to the shadow lord shirt from last year

IRL version, probably going to be sold at their offline event end of august. they did one of these last year too. nothing interesting happened at it last year as far as development announcements.

SS campaign bringing back old campaign items if you missed them

Login campaign is also repeats this month
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 16:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The omen bosses are no different. They have stopgap mechanics that, once figured out, you can blow right through the NM. Odin/Cait Sith are essentially the same thing, except with pet strats, you take the mechanics out of the equation completely and just let your pet eat it. That's has nothing to do with the monster, and everything to do with the players just being too lazy to find other workable ways to success.

Your entire argument is "But why make it harder when you don't have to?"
Kind of ironic that you discredit the 5-box zerde in the other thread because a guy used a tool that completely took the mechanics out of the fight. But then when it's time to fight something for yourself, you're totally OK with taking the mechanics out of the equation, because its the more consistent and easy wins. Yall gonna have to make up your minds. Do you want it to be challenging or a pushover?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 16:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Prove it. Show me where I defended botting/automation and am against the easiest path.

I don't give less than a damn if someone wants to summoner burn every event in the game no more than I give a damn about automating everything. You're going to need to stop being contrary for the sake of being contrary here. Form your own parties and use vanilla if you want more of a challenge. But be consistent

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-08-05 17:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

how bout this? The fact that since its inception, major targets in the game are first approached with BLMs or Pet Jobs, then Rangers, then finally Melees. Even without addons/etc, the goal was first to circumvent mob tactics via distance, then work our way in.

First Kirin kills were done with Kiting and BLMs or pet jobs. Then one group posts a melee zerg where she goes down without even popping adds and the world rejoiced.

The original Divine Might used to be merc'ed by BLM shells with 15 Thundaga IIIs cast in unision.

Divine Might II was originally the turf of Yoichi and Annihilator Rangers before any melees would go down those stairs of doom into the fray.

Early Aeonic Cycles (in particular the HELMs because, let's be honest, that's what we're really talking about) were SCH+BLM.

JP groups were using BLMs in Dyna-D early on in its inception.

My point? we were seeking to circumvent mob mechanics by keeping all the squishy DDs at a distance/height difference to avoid Auras, massive AoEs, and the like. Then, as the mechanics were better understood and we realized we had the tools to protect those DDs, in came the melees and faster kills. No reason to believe any content can evolve like this outside of player stubbornness.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 17:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Prove it. Show me where I defended botting/automation and am against the easiest path.

I don't give less than a damn if someone wants to summoner burn every event in the game no more than I give a damn about automating everything. You're going to need to stop being contrary for the sake of being contrary here. Form your own parties and use vanilla if you want more of a challenge. But be consistent
How is you calling me out for what you wrongly perceived to be me calling out botting not supporting it? Otherwise you wouldn't have raised it because it's irrelevant to the point here.

On the bolded, I've addressed that twice. You didn't mind easy moding Odin when you joined my shout either.

I have no idea who you are, seriously I don't. I may have joined your group, maybe not. I have done over 60 Odin's and you can go back to the thread which I started where I mentioned using the samurai's method. Didn't I just get done saying I could give less than a *** about the method being done? You won't ever see me drop from a group if the leader says "hey we're not summoner/pet burning this". Stop the lame shame tactics, that ***don't work.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 17:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohhhhh so that's what this is about. You're among 3962985692845 people who have "kindly" invited me to something I got a drop from, and you think I should be showing gratitude or something because you happened to be the leader of the group where nobody else was lotting the item to begin with. Got it. I don't know why you brought that up.

So you formed (as in you were the leader) a SMN/PUP party to an already easy event, and you're complaining that they didn't make the fights "harder" (whatever that means) like Omen bosses?

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-05 18:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You sound salty.
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105 106 ... 424 425 426