Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy Edition

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
Random Politics & Religion #29: Hypocrisy edition
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 111 112 113
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-31 10:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
You know how people who were beheaded and return as ghosts are often sighted as an apparition of a disembodied head?

What if someone bleeds to death after a fetishistic castration? Would their ghost appear as an apparition of disembodied balls?

If you make it up and say that's how it happens, than yeah.

Because that's how the first example works.
When I die, I plan to come back as an apparition of a copy of Half Life 3.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-31 10:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
Probably. For all I know, John Wayne Bobbit might come back as a disembodied ***.

Even if we presume this nonsense to be true this is unsound reasoning. He didn't die from having his *** lobbed off, and it was reattached.

C'mon!

This is the problem with all these supernatural beliefs! No one can even stay consistent within their make believe head canon!
By Ramyrez 2017-10-31 10:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

When I die, I plan to come back as an apparition of a copy of Half Life 3.

So you won't exist!

Precisely!
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-31 10:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

my grandmother died exactly at 10:09 am, and every night at 10:09 pm, she makes that *** light flicker four times. Never does it any other time of the day.

wait...does she make adjustments for daylight savings time
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-31 10:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun facts: The prison the Shawshank Redemption is based off of, and the Stanley hotel in Colorado which served as King's inspiration for the Overlook in The Shining, are both haunted.

Fun fact: Ghosts aren't real, gtfo.
I have a hard time believing in anything supernatural but I would be pretty elated to find out something supernatural does exist.

I’ve been back and forth on this subject at various stages in life.

As a kid, like most I totally bought in to the supernatural and ethereal. I used to visit my mom and sister at their house in Ogden for the winters in the late 80’s. It was one of those subterranean homes, that are typical to northern Utah.

Every moment I was alone in the house I felt (in my mind) I was being watched by something standing just a few feet behind me. The house creeks in the winter helped to amplify the sensation. But nothing was ever there when I turned around. My sister and mother revealed they got the same feeling all the time, especially when going up the stairs from the sub-level. Which is where you come in from the garage and where the laundry room is located. Along with the original master bedroom. Whereas my step-father who was a master sergeant stationed at Hill AFB, did not feel nor experienced those sensations.

Really nothing happened and I think to this day it was just in our heads. Though there was one thing. One of our neighbors had a daughter who rented the house before my mother and sister stayed there. They indicated she stopped living there due to having the same feeling of an unseen presence.

Fast forward today:

I work with the Department of Interior and the Department of Defense in capacity of a system administratior for various sites on a couple of Indian Reservations.

There is this one site that has an old building where the main switch is located. It was once a small Spanish missionary settlement. I can’t explain it exactly but when you’re alone in the building you start to hear and smell things. The smells I figure are attributed to bad sewer drainage, but the sounds are a different story.

Examples: you’re in a room that has only to points of entry at a time of day when you are either alone or their is very limited personnel. You’ll hear doors open and close but no footsteps. Doors to bathrooms open and close like someone entered but never a correlating sound of exit. You’ll hear children laughing and playing at hours of day/night when you can’t attribute it to being carried by the wind.

Other personnel mention similar experiences while some have said they have been yelled at by an unseen voice. Which I’m skeptical about since I haven’t had the personal experience. Whereas if you ask local residents in the area they confirm experiences but say it’s better not talk about it.

Sometimes I think the mind plays tricks on you, but hey you never know... anyhow. Happy Halloween.

Oh and The Eye’s of the Dragon was imho Kings best book.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-31 10:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
It was one of those subterranean homes, that are typical to northern Utah.

Little-known alternate fact: North Utah is the actual basis for The Shire, Tolkien's disdain for the U.S. be damned.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-31 10:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It must be Halloween cause this thread is scary.
By fonewear 2017-10-31 10:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fun facts: The prison the Shawshank Redemption is based off of, and the Stanley hotel in Colorado which served as King's inspiration for the Overlook in The Shining, are both haunted.

Fun fact: Ghosts aren't real, gtfo.
I have a hard time believing in anything supernatural but I would be pretty elated to find out something supernatural does exist.

I’ve been back and forth on this subject at various stages in life.

As a kid, like most I totally bought in to the supernatural and ethereal. I used to visit my mom and sister at their house in Ogden for the winters in the late 80’s. It was one of those subterranean homes, that are typical to northern Utah.

Every moment I was alone in the house I felt (in my mind) I was being watched by something standing just a few feet behind me. The house creeks in the winter helped to amplify the sensation. But nothing was ever there when I turned around. My sister and mother revealed they got the same feeling all the time, especially when going up the stairs from the sub-level. Which is where you come in from the garage and where the laundry room is located. Along with the original master bedroom. Whereas my step-father who was a master sergeant stationed at Hill AFB, did not feel nor experienced those sensations.

Really nothing happened and I think to this day it was just in our heads. Though there was one thing. One of our neighbors had a daughter who rented the house before my mother and sister stayed there. They indicated she stopped living there due to having the same feeling of an unseen presence.

Fast forward today:

I work with the Department of Interior and the Department of Defense in capacity of a system administratior for various sites on a couple of Indian Reservations.

There is this one site that has an old building where the main switch is located. It was once a small Spanish missionary settlement. I can’t explain it exactly but when you’re alone in the building you start to hear and smell things. The smells I figure are attributed to bad sewer drainage, but the sounds are a different story.

Examples: you’re in a room that has only to points of entry at a time of day when you are either alone or their is very limited personnel. You’ll hear doors open and close but no footsteps. Doors to bathrooms open and close like someone entered but never a correlating sound of exit. You’ll hear children laughing and playing at hours of day/night when you can’t attribute it to being carried by the wind.

Other personnel mention similar experiences while some have said they have been yelled at by an unseen voice. Which I’m skeptical about since I haven’t had the personal experience. Whereas if you ask local residents in the area they confirm experiences but say it’s better not talk about it.

Sometimes I think the mind plays tricks on you, but hey you never know... anyhow. Happy Halloween.

Oh and The Eye’s of the Dragon was imho Kings best book.

Can you condense all this into a single sentence so people will actually read it ?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-31 10:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Dutch Rudder said: »
I’ve been back and forth on this

Geto Boys said: »
I think the mind plays tricks on you

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-31 10:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I would going to sing the lyrics but the NAACP/ Al Sharpton would be knocking on my doors...My mind's playing tricks on me !
By fonewear 2017-10-31 10:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminiscing about real hip hop:

[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-31 11:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

How common are hallucinations?

Quote:
About 1 in 20 people in the general population has experienced at least one hallucination in their lifetime that wasn't connected to drugs, alcohol or dreaming, according to a new study.

Researchers analyzed information from more than 31,000 people in 18 countries who were interviewed as part of a mental health survey from the World Health Organization. Participants were asked whether they had ever heard voices or seen things that didn't exist, or if they had experienced a delusion (a false belief), such as the thought that their mind was being controlled or that they were being followed.

The study excluded people who possibly had a psychotic disorder, such as schizophrenia or manic depression, which can cause hallucinations and delusions. Therefore, the findings show that hallucinations and delusions are not always connected to serious mental illness, the researchers said.

"We used to think that only people with psychosis heard voices or had delusions, but now we know that otherwise healthy, high-functioning people also report these experiences," study co-author Dr. John McGrath, a professor at the Queensland Brain Institute in Australia, said in a statement.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-10-31 11:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-31 11:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have XM/Sirius they have a channel that plays nothing but old school hip hop. Called Backspin best channel ever.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-31 11:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Can you condense all this into a single sentence so people will actually read it ?

"You're imagining it."
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-31 11:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It was all a dream I used to read word up magazine !
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-10-31 11:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Reminiscing about real hip hop:

rap...

which got a bad rap and had to take the rap they wrapped up rap in a tight wrap and shoved it up michael rapaport's ***....

then he ***out hip hop
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-10-31 11:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m more surprised none of you shitted on me like one Stephen Kings more obscure non horror books
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-31 11:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently people are mad that the white house had a Halloween party. Time to cancel Halloween !

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-10-31 11:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m more surprised none of you shitted on me like one Stephen Kings more obscure non horror books
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-10-31 11:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Naw. When I was younger The Eyes of the Dragon was the first King book I ever read. Firestarter after that. I'd like to reread them someday.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-31 11:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It was one of those subterranean homes, that are typical to northern Utah.

Little-known alternate fact: North Utah is the actual basis for The Shire, Tolkien's disdain for the U.S. be damned.

See, this is the problem. You say so much insane ***that even people who agree with you in principle don't want to associate with, then you post a gem like that and no one pays attention to it!
By Ramyrez 2017-10-31 11:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never even heard of it, honestly.
By Zerowone 2017-10-31 11:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you enjoy the villain Randall Flagg it was the second of his 9 appearances in Stephen Kings universe.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-31 12:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If you enjoy the villain Randall Flagg it was the second of his 9 appearances in Stephen Kings universe.

Good to know.

I think that despite the flack the Dark Tower got from critics and fans, it wasn't as bad as people wanted, it just tried to please both the book people AND the general audience and that's how you end up disappointing a lot of people.

The acting I thought was great and I think Elba and McConaughey were perfectly cast. I really hope they get another crack at those characters. I've heard there's a TV series in the works that would do better, imo, but I don't know if they're either/both sticking with it.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-31 12:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

wasn't as bad as people wantedmade it out to be,
By Zerowone 2017-10-31 13:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Happens all the time in all walks of life not just entertainment. Sometimes is it not as good as hyped, or as bad as it’s made out to be.
By Ramyrez 2017-10-31 13:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Happens all the time in all walks of life not just entertainment. Sometimes is it not as good as hyped, or as bad as it’s made out to be.

The expectation for our entertainment has become absurdly high.

For instance, I hope to Yog-Sothoth that they never make more Firefly now. Because the nostalgia machine has been going for 15 years and Whole E. *** III it could never be as good as people expect it to be.

LOTR & Harry Potter peaked the book-to-movie acceptability level, imo. Game of Thrones is doing respectably in terms of television but it's not really a fantasy novel as much as a political series in a fantasy realm, and it's having issues now that it's tried to mesh that high fantasy into it more.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 111 112 113