Forum » FFXI » General » Everyone Please Submit this Suggestion to Square Enix
Everyone Please Submit this Suggestion to Square Enix
 Unicorn.Emirii
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Emerii1
By Unicorn.Emirii 2009-09-28 18:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

good idea, but i think they are already working on it. I dont think its gone unnoticed to them. From a coding standpoint i think it is really hard to distinguish who has a normal account and who has a 14 day trial from inside FFXI (sense POL handles all the account info) so I think thats why they may have difficulties coming out with something like this. Thats just my thought.
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2009-09-28 18:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a nice idea but se dosent give a fk about u or anyone esle who plays. As long and they get their 15$ a month thats all they care about. They even have the warning before u start the game about fake tells, so they know, they just dont care enough to do more then a simple warning. SE is getting rdy for 14, i wouldnt be supprised if theyre trying to get ppl to quit.
 Unicorn.Motokosun
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-28 18:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

They are already on it. Heres the scoop:

SE Dev Team: To counter the increase of these issues, we are planning to introduce a filter to block suspicious tells along with the next version update. We ask for your patience and understanding in this matter.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news16847.shtml
[+]
 Titan.Chster
Server: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-09-28 19:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting to wonder how this filter is going to work

like no tells below level 10? or no tells from rank 1?
it would be cool if you could customize it

but then again, I'd assume only people who are smart enough not to go to the rmt websites would use the filter, and people who were gullible enough to go, wouldn't use them, but maybe I'm not giving enough credit to the ffxi community
 Bahamut.Dracondria
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-09-28 19:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The party thing is rubbish but the tells, gil caps and world transfers are good.
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-28 19:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Or they could just stop offering Trial accounts all together. Especially if they want people to start playing 14.
[+]
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2009-09-28 19:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SE doesn't care about black people.
[+]
 Unicorn.Motokosun
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-09-28 19:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Akeda said:
Or they could just stop offering Trial accounts all together. Especially if they want people to start playing 14.

^100%
 Valefor.Integral
Server: Valefor
user: Caliber
By Valefor.Integral 2009-09-28 19:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

woah now, what about the legit players who are just starting out? I made a new char this month and all that would have directly applied to me, I dont think you'd get too far in this or want to with all those shitty restrictions

maybe a 10tells to 10 different people in 10 seconds = autoban kind of deal
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-09-28 20:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Integral said:
woah now, what about the legit players who are just starting out? I made a new char this month and all that would have directly applied to me, I dont think you'd get too far in this or want to with all those shitty restrictions

maybe a 10tells to 10 different people in 10 seconds = autoban kind of deal

Your account isn't a trial account is it?

Also, I think it would be a great idea to put limits on the trial accounts.
 Titan.Cassion
Server: Titan
user: Cassion
By Titan.Cassion 2009-09-28 20:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else that uses windower noticed that you dont get the "Incoming tell" from the RMT ***?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2009-09-28 20:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Most 'legit' accounts don't need much to get by, it's only really a problem for people who create alts and already know what they are doing. SE needs to worry less about 'hurting' new players and worry more about keeping who they have. I'm not saying make starting the game a huge pain but limiting tells to, I dunno 10 different people in the span of 20 mins wouldn't be bad... Honestly they should put auto-ban scripts in the game to ban any trial account that sends a tell to more than one person with the words brogame or cheap gil.

Also if your using windower get chatmon and make sure the spamfilter is on and updated. You'll never get a GS tell again.
[+]
 Shiva.Wetton
Server: Shiva
user: Ziila
By Shiva.Wetton 2009-09-28 20:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you implying that WoW somehow has higher standards than FFXI?