Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Tokyo Game Show
Tokyo Game Show
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-28 08:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see a thread for this (other than the Cosplay one) so I figured I'd start one.

---

Lunar Silver Star Harmony

I'm rather disappointed to see a remake for Lunar based of the PS version. there are two things that killed the PS version for me.

1) Enemies are not random. They're visible on the dungeon maps. For some games this is ok, but I don't think so for Lunar.

2) Spells removed. First time I noticed this on the PS remake was for the sewer dragon. In the old one I would grind up the levels until I got a certain spell (it's been a while). That spell made the boss a joke.

I'm still looking for more information on this game in particular. After I find the info I want I'll check out other games. I noticed the Lunar one while going through the booth babe gallery on 1up.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-28 09:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's supposed to be based on the Sega Cd version from what I hear. Just with a few of the PS1 cutscenes. Haven't read up a lot on it though, just in the developmental/brainstorming phase of it. They wanted the Sega CD version, but they might have gone with PS due to it being more popular.

I personally liked the visible enemies. :x If I was high enough level to beat a boss, I hate 34 encounters every screen for no good reason.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-28 09:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
It's supposed to be based on the Sega Cd version from what I hear. Just with a few of the PS1 cutscenes. Haven't read up a lot on it though, just in the developmental/brainstorming phase of it. They wanted the Sega CD version, but they might have gone with PS due to it being more popular.

I personally liked the visible enemies. :x If I was high enough level to beat a boss, I hate 34 encounters every screen for no good reason.

Nope. I watched a gameplay video earlier. It looks like a graphically improved PS version. I didn't get a chance to see a spell list to see if that's based off of PS or Sega CD. Video showed the mobs on map.

In the Sega CD version there were never that many random fights going through dungeons if you knew where to go. I would spend quite a lot of time running in circles to level up.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-28 09:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm liking the new PSP Go (is it one word or two?). The downloading games thing seems like it could either be great or kill the system. I've already seen a couple articles about places not carrying the Go due to them not benefiting beyond the console (is there a term for a handheld gaming system? I'm drawing a blank right now) itself.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-28 09:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering how Assassin's Creed II was going to improve over the first, and so far I'm not disappointed.

(Release November 17th)
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-28 09:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Krizz said:
I was wondering how Assassin's Creed II was going to improve over the first, and so far I'm not disappointed.

(Release November 17th)

That's the day before my birthday *hinthint*

The first one was fun but I dunno about replay value. I should just rent games, but I already own the first one so I'll have to pick it up I'm sure. And since it's a trilogy anyway. ._.

I got it because of how cheap it was new on GameStop.com. Last year I went through the 19.99 and under games. I ended up with 4 games I think for $60 (Assassin's Creed, Blue Dragon, X-men: The Movie, Armored Core for Answer).

I have a feeling the replay value on this one will be about the same as the first. The new abilities / items will make it better the first time through, but I don't think it'll help with the flag finding. (I think it's safe to assume there will be flags again)
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2009-09-28 09:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Yea I should probably wait to buy games, but I'll usually forget about them and just never play it (kinda like Bioshock).

I try to add games I want to my wishlist on the GS website. I rarely buy any off the list, but at least it lets me keep track.