Forum » FFXI » General » ANV Key Campaign
ANV Key Campaign
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-19 10:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's free when you consider the huge time investment between farming 500+ omen runs to see one body (and actually win the lot) vs farming 500 keys across a few accounts/mules. From the very brief results posted thus far, people have received more bodies and rare items from this than through conventional means (vagary body pulls, omen etc).

I've gotten nothing but junk so far, and i haven't capped my keys/week per account, but seeing the results of other people gives me far more hope in something nice and rare that farming it the traditional way.
[+]
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2017-12-19 10:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
It is a serious time investment...

Dude, with a lil preperation you look at 10~20 mins per 8 keys per mule, once a week.
You get signet, you eat grapes, you warp to gusgen you cure/bind ***there until skull and robe drops, you eat a sushi or a kebob and when running back to town you make a quicck trip to the tele crag outside and trade it a crystal - Boom 8 keys and the news at 8am arent even over :o

Even faster when ppl team up.
That is as free as it gets, while making coffee.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-12-19 10:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it strange that there is a higher chance to get an Omen/Vagary body or Pulse equipment from outside the content that is supposed to make them available... But Happy Holidays to anyone lucky enough to get something they actually wanted!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-19 10:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I do, to a lesser extent. I buy antacids on my main and send 3-4 to my mule, grapes, meat, sushi (from curio). I grab the quick stuff like signet and the bind/cure method can be done quickly. Might not be able to do that one on a mule if its lvl 1 (like mine).

You can also plan the crafting one by doing a cheap synth on your mules during lightsday. Again, use your main to send materials to your mules.

Even if you do only the easiest ones in the quest list, you can stockpile keys on your mules and unload them when you fill up. It's free because the cost-to-reward ratio is extremely low in relation to what you could potentially get (an omen body would easily be over 100m on many servers).
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2017-12-19 10:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Might not be able to do that one on a mule if its lvl 1 (like mine).

That lvl 1 mule will be lvl 20 in like 4 weeks just by eating/resting/getting signet from what i am eyeballing on my end.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-19 10:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
I think it strange that there is a higher chance to get an Omen/Vagary body or Pulse equipment from outside the content that is supposed to make them available..

That's when it's obvious that something is very wrong with those drop rates...
By clearlyamule 2017-12-19 11:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azriel said: »

Dude, with a lil preperation you look at 10~20 mins per 8 keys per mule, once a week.
You get signet, you eat grapes, you warp to gusgen you cure/bind ***there until skull and robe drops, you eat a sushi or a kebob and when running back to town you make a quicck trip to the tele crag outside and trade it a crystal - Boom 8 keys and the news at 8am arent even over :o

A little preparation is time too though. Also it's taken me over 20 minutes just to get the skull lol. But yes you can get a few keys quickly... of course in the same amount of time you can make 2 mil during RoE period, or do most of an omen run, most of an alex farm etc. Sure it's in small chunks here and there but it does add up particularly if you really go for it with mules and such. It also doesn't help that all the drops I've liked were on mules and unsendable
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-19 11:49:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I’m only laughing because I imagined a Taru taru doing all of these actions lol
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-19 11:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
I think it strange that there is a higher chance to get an Omen/Vagary body or Pulse equipment from outside the content that is supposed to make them available... But Happy Holidays to anyone lucky enough to get something they actually wanted!
So positive :)
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-19 11:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I do, to a lesser extent. I buy antacids on my main and send 3-4 to my mule, grapes, meat, sushi (from curio). I grab the quick stuff like signet and the bind/cure method can be done quickly. Might not be able to do that one on a mule if its lvl 1 (like mine).

You can also plan the crafting one by doing a cheap synth on your mules during lightsday. Again, use your main to send materials to your mules.

Even if you do only the easiest ones in the quest list, you can stockpile keys on your mules and unload them when you fill up. It's free because the cost-to-reward ratio is extremely low in relation to what you could potentially get (an omen body would easily be over 100m on many servers).
Lol I have a mule that has stock pile of the food and antacids. I swear Sunday morning is my busy day on ffxi lol
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-19 11:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

A little preparation is time too though. Also it's taken me over 20 minutes just to get the skull lol. But yes you can get a few keys quickly... of course in the same amount of time you can make 2 mil during RoE period, or do most of an omen run, most of an alex farm etc. Sure it's in small chunks here and there but it does add up particularly if you really go for it with mules and such. It also doesn't help that all the drops I've liked were on mules and unsendable
I do agree I wish they wouldn’t give u unsendable ***.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2017-12-19 11:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearlyamule complains about mule work taking too long ;/
By clearlyamule 2017-12-19 12:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearlyamule complains about mule work taking too long ;/
"Hate to live, live to hate"
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-19 12:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ROE is timed for a specific day of the week. Doesn't interrupt getting keys. An omen run still has to drop the item you are looking for, and then you have to win the lot. I get what you're saying, it takes time to do these menial tasks, and time = money, which in an overly simplistic way, is true. The difference is, as I stated above, the cost (time) vs reward (potential drops) are greater than some traditional methods.

I can farm vagary/omen until my heart's content, but still have to see the item drop (and compete with lotters). That takes far more effort, coordination, and planning (not to mention omen is locked behind KI entry). There's also the possibility of, in the case of omen, where you make zero gil in return. Getting 8+ keys in 20 minutes for a chance at any possible drop in game (though its extremely broad and insanely unlikely) is fairly good odds to get a desirable item, considering the effort.

I get the "time = money, nothing is free" adage, but it's all relative. If I were to get a Dagonne breastplate for 20 minutes of running around, that's about as free of a reward as it gets, regardless of how much money i could have earned in that span of time.
 Carbuncle.Allyzon
Server: Carbuncle
user: Nathoo
By Carbuncle.Allyzon 2017-12-19 13:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Junk, Junk, Junk, Shmash robe.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-19 13:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

ROE is timed for a specific day of the week. Doesn't interrupt getting keys. An omen run still has to drop the item you are looking for, and then you have to win the lot. I get what you're saying, it takes time to do these menial tasks, and time = money, which in an overly simplistic way, is true. The difference is, as I stated above, the cost (time) vs reward (potential drops) are greater than some traditional methods.

I can farm vagary/omen until my heart's content, but still have to see the item drop (and compete with lotters). That takes far more effort, coordination, and planning (not to mention omen is locked behind KI entry). There's also the possibility of, in the case of omen, where you make zero gil in return. Getting 8+ keys in 20 minutes for a chance at any possible drop in game (though its extremely broad and insanely unlikely) is fairly good odds to get a desirable item, considering the effort.

I get the "time = money, nothing is free" adage, but it's all relative. If I were to get a Dagonne breastplate for 20 minutes of running around, that's about as free of a reward as it gets, regardless of how much money i could have earned in that span of time.
See we aren't really disagreeing. My only point is that there was a real cost. Now how much that exact cost and how much you are on average is a point of contention but that's largely a matter of preference and giant amounts of eyeballing and personal circumstance.

Personally outside of things I can literally do while doing other things (such as foods while running around or doing log in stuff and signet) the cost to reward isn't that great for what I've actually gotten after over 1k keys. Actually done better with the keys I get from accolades over the same period of rl time. Meanwhile I can just bootup and tribox some omen and I always get return on that. Whether it be scales/cards I'm looking for or ahable synth mats which are guaranteed on bosses. Made a decent amount of gil farming Fu until my jacket dropped. Sadly nothing else sells nearly as well and 2 of them are sub 50k. But that's a simple not do them unless getting cards out of it

I mean sure you can get super lucky and that would be super awesome for that person... but that doesn't make the necessarily system a good return on investment. Winning the powerball is amazing... it's still a losers bet. And not sure we have really enough data to make an exact assessment on that largely because of the ridiculously high pool and well a lot of the reports are just the awesome stuff and not how much it took

tl;dr YMMV. For some they might do well with this. Some might get really lucky and get that omen drop. For others it's been a literal waste of time. I don't begrudge anyone still going at it but complaints about at it quite reasonable
By geigei 2017-12-19 13:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

For every omen body there are thousand of keys rewarding ***.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2017-12-19 14:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been having more luck onSP keys than ANV keys.
Is the only diffefence bettwen then the omen gear?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-19 14:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
During this month the chests are upgraded. I’ve been getting a lot of good stuff through special also.
By clearlyamule 2017-12-19 15:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
During this month the chests are upgraded. I’ve been getting a lot of good stuff through special also.
Specifically the SP dial is upgraded. This wont effect other things and it really just boosts the SP dial to give the same increased odds the SP key always has. Which is pretty good of getting a piece of equipment though not necessarily a good one. Can't believe I missed SP dial boost though. All my mules are checking for wanted anyways and have tons of points
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-19 15:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Specifically the SP dial is upgraded. This wont effect other things and it really just boosts the SP dial to give the same increased odds the SP key always has. Which is pretty good of getting a piece of equipment though not necessarily a good one. Can't believe I missed SP dial boost though. All my mules are checking for wanted anyways and have tons of points
Yeh the special is pretty good
By fillerbunny9 2017-12-19 15:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ANV/SP Keys are like winning the Mog Bonanza. Look at all these neat things person X has gotten! They cannot possibly be an outlier in the statistics! there must be tons of Omen bodies running around!

meanwhile, in the past two weeks across my two primaries and 5 mules gotten the Chips to trade in for a free CCB Polymer Pump, garbage like the various synergy armors (Ebur, etc), foodstuffs, Goblin Doll/Mushpot/something else Goblin related, all in a row, etc. I have gotten ONE good thing since their introduction, and that was only Telos Earring. I fill up on food items/antacids each week, but forget going out of my way to load up on keys. I am still dumping ~30 Keys a week into the system, and the loot is barely enough to cover a couple teleport costs via Home Points each week.
By Pantafernando 2017-12-19 16:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you mean the SP key or the SP option with point.
Also i missed the announcement of improved rates. Was it the suport returnee campaign?
By clearlyamule 2017-12-19 16:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you mean the SP key or the SP option with point.
Also i missed the announcement of improved rates. Was it the suport returnee campaign?
Part of the returnee campaign is for the SP dial. Previously SE has stated that this doesn't give SP gobbie keys a boost because they already have that boost.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-12-19 17:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Augmenting earring from sp key just now. how's that for a lottery? 6.4m on asura.

EAD HATERS
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-12-19 17:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Augmenting earring from sp key just now. how's that for a lottery? 6.4m on asura.

EAD HATERS
Clap
By fillerbunny9 2017-12-19 18:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
ANV/SP Keys are like winning the Mog Bonanza. Look at all these neat things person X has gotten! They cannot possibly be an outlier in the statistics! there must be tons of Omen bodies running around!

meanwhile, in the past two weeks across my two primaries and 5 mules gotten the Chips to trade in for a free CCB Polymer Pump, garbage like the various synergy armors (Ebur, etc), foodstuffs, Goblin Doll/Mushpot/something else Goblin related, all in a row, etc. I have gotten ONE good thing since their introduction, and that was only Telos Earring. I fill up on food items/antacids each week, but forget going out of my way to load up on keys. I am still dumping ~30 Keys a week into the system, and the loot is barely enough to cover a couple teleport costs via Home Points each week.
Sucks for you. Too bad this post was about what people have gotten. Then again I always go in expecting ***. With that mindset I don’t get upset when sucky drops. But each to their own.

....and I mentioned several items that I have gotten. I just intimated that people acting like "ZOMG teh keyz rain the most wondrous treasure from the sky!!!" are seeing a few outying cases in amongst a swelling ocean of ***.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15