Temple Of Ugly Coffer Mobs...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Temple of Ugly coffer mobs...
Temple of Ugly coffer mobs...
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-27 23:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

which section are they in? i was trying to help an ls mate get his key for SAM af and couldn't find any except for the one temple guardian. i've only been there once when doing the zilart mission. i don't have the map yet, but was going off the atlas one on wiki and it didn't help a whole lot. are they behind one of the locked doors?
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-09-27 23:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

it's been a long time since I've done any type of coffer farming, especially in the temple. But if memory serves me correctly, you simply need to use a different entrance into the temple, other than the main.

You'll need to enter the Den of Rancor at H-7 in Yhoator Jungle, and make your way through until you zone into the Temple. You can find the zone to the temple by simply hugging the RIGHT wall, until you zone. Be very careful so as not to fall down any holes in the floor while navigating through the Den of Rancor, as this will undoubtly sour your mission by putting you on a separate map and much farther from your destination.

Once you've zoned into the Temple, you should find the mobs you're looking for to be the first ones you come across. They're soloable at 75 by most jobs, but it's probably a good idea to bring a friend or two as they're not exactly pushovers and it'd be more fun anyway.

Hope that helps, and good luck!
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-28 00:15:52
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks, thats the one section i didn't check. i'll give it another go tomorrow.
 Titan.Bladex
Server: Titan
user: Laddie
By Titan.Bladex 2009-09-28 00:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You also can enter the temple entrance in the upland jungle, when you in there is a door on you left that lead you back out the jungle but you on second floor of the temple then turn right and back in the temple...all mobs in there drop coffer keys and con EP to lvl75...kill those Bees or magic pot (magic pot aslo drop Enspells 2) and you can farm item to pop the NM that drop thf knife too....LMAO 1 place that you can get some money while farming coffer key :)
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-28 04:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

what do mean by upland entrance? like i said, i've only been here a couple times and still don't have the map lol. but gtting thf's knife can be my payment for helping them lol.
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-28 04:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

Enter by J-11 in Yhoator Jungle.

You will be at 1 on this map:

User submitted image

Exit at 4, you will be back outside in the Jungle (at 4, just take a turn right then right again to zone into 5.

User submitted image

All the mobs there drop the key. Tonberry Pursuer drop the Flickering Lantern for thief's knife NM. You trade it to the ??? in the small room at G-8 to pop it!
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-09-28 06:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you very much
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-28 08:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The Tonberry are very easy to solo on most jobs.

DD/DNC
BLM/RDM
SMN/WHM (or SCH)
BST/WHM
DRG/Mage

Your best bets for soloing them while keeping tonberry hate (for when that annoying PLD who wants sky wants you to do ZM4 with him, you want to maximize your hate and "forget" to erase it :D) would be SMN and BST jobs.

Although....

SMN requires you to get Ugly temple coffer for a AF lol

P.S. That PLD suffered a 56320 Everyone's Rancor when I helped him. Serves him right.....
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-28 08:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:

DD/DNC
BLM/RDM
SMN/WHM (or SCH)
BST/WHM
DRG/Mage

Your best bets for soloing them while keeping tonberry hate (for when that annoying PLD who wants sky wants you to do ZM4 with him, you want to maximize your hate and "forget" to erase it :D) would be SMN and BST jobs.

Although....

P.S. That PLD suffered a 56320 Everyone's Rancor when I helped him. Serves him right.....

wow! Now I know that number is possible O.o
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-28 08:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats because I helped 4 people with THF knife (1 before they changed it to a pop, 3 after) and always forget to reset hate.

When I did reset it, I think it cost me a pretty penny, I don't remember how much it was though....
 Titan.Bladex
Server: Titan
user: Laddie
By Titan.Bladex 2009-09-28 10:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
Korpg said:

DD/DNC
BLM/RDM
SMN/WHM (or SCH)
BST/WHM
DRG/Mage

Although....

wow! Now I know that number is possible O.o

WoW! Everyone's Rancor hit me 10987 /bow to that PLD :)