users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Conte Cosciales
Conte Cosciales
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-09-26 22:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been working on my Drakesbane setup it is currently http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=106487. I was wondering if Conte Cosciales were a good alteritive to Askar DirsConte Cosciales. I have 8/8 Polearm merits and it seems like my acc is fine on birds thats why I'm leaning more towards Conte. Before anyone says anything I will be upgrading my Ruby Rings once some Flame Rings are in the AH lol. Thanks~
[+]
 Caitsith.Foliage
Server: Caitsith
user: Foliage
By Caitsith.Foliage 2009-09-27 00:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

conte work decently, if i were you, i'd grab a fay lance and do the augment fight, in my opinion for anything aside from soloing, (DMG 91) DMG+5 STR+3 and DEX+3 or anything near that is better than Thalassocrat considering that would give it the same base damage with the same delay but better stats for like ~40k. fun fight too by the way, but yeah, conte cosciales or even barone cosciales would be fine if you don't have homam cosciales for TP, also a good piece for WS is the aurum cuisses if you can get them. hope this helps.
[+]
 Seraph.Corleonis
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Corleonis 2009-09-27 01:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking over your gear, I can tell you (and in a sec, show you) that you are missing the most vital stat to a multi hit ws like penta or drakesbane: ACC

Here's why: Let's figure out your total acc. You say you have 8/8 polearm correct? If capped (and it should be), you'll have 292 polearm skill. ACC from polearm is 1 acc per skill lvl from 1-200, and 0.9 acc for each over 200. So it would be 200+(92 x 0.9), which comes out to 282.8

As a hume, you should have 65 base dex, + 24 from your gear, putting you at 89 total. ACC from dex for a 2handed weapon is (dex x .75). 89 x .75 = 66.75 in your case. That puts you at 349.55 so far.

Being a DRG, you get 22 ACC from accuracy bonus II (22 acc), bringing you up to 371.55. Adding in your acc from gear (8), you're grand total is at 379.

So, why does this matter? There are two lvls of greater colibri, 81, and 82. The lvl 81s have 358 active evasion, and the 82s have 367. When your acc = mob eva, you have 75% acc. In order to cap accuracy, you need 40 acc OVER mob eva. Every 2 acc you are above or below will add or subtract 1% hit rate.

That being said... You have 379. 379 - 358 = 21. 21 puts you at roughly 85% hit rate. Not so stellar is it? And thats the lowest eva greater colibri you'll fight.

The reason this is so important is because acc is calculated for each hit of a ws. For drakesbane, it'll be .85 x .85 x .85 x .85, which is a whopping 52% chance at landing all 4 hits. For penta, you have a 44% chance at 5/5.

If you had 95% acc, it would be .95 x .95 x .95 x .95, which is an 81% chance at 4/4 drakes, and 77% chance at 5/5 penta. That's a LOT higher, and while you may not get that rare huge number ws, you'll get many MANY more big number ws, much more consistant damage, and over time you'll end up just doing way more damage than all that str can ever do for you.

TL:DR - You need about 30 more acc on ws. My recomendation would be to use ohat (or MKD helm) instead of wyvern, acc rings instead of ruby, and don't worry about the conte, Askar will serve you better. That's about 28 right there.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-09-27 02:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing the above poster seems to have missed, is the Level correction for these mobs. Since they are higher level than you, you need to do an extra step. For every level a mob is above you, you get a 4 Accuracy penalty.

Level 81 GC would be: (379 - 358) - (6 x 4) = (21) - (24) for -3 accuracy, so in reality your hit rate will be roughly 74%.

Level 82 GC would be: (379 - 367) - (7 x 4) = (16) - (28) for -16 accuracy, and thus your hit rate would be 67%.

To cap your accuracy on level 81, you would need 42 accuracy, and for a level 82, you would need 56 accuracy.

This, of course, is assuming the Greater Colibri numbers used are correct (taken from wiki).

Edit: For level correction info, http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hit_Rate is the link, and the level correction section is about halfway down.

Also for another formula to quickly plug into:
Hit Rate = 75% + (Accuracy - Evasion) x 0.5% + (Attackers Level - Defenders Level) x 2%
[+]
 Seraph.Corleonis
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Corleonis 2009-09-27 02:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Erikthecleric said:
The only thing the above poster seems to have missed, is the Level correction for these mobs. Since they are higher level than you, you need to do an extra step. For every level a mob is above you, you get a 4 Accuracy penalty.

Level 81 GC would be: (379 - 358) - (6 x 4) = (21) - (24) for -3 accuracy, so in reality your hit rate will be roughly 74%.

Level 82 GC would be: (379 - 367) - (7 x 4) = (16) - (28) for -16 accuracy, and thus your hit rate would be 67%.

To cap your accuracy on level 81, you would need 42 accuracy, and for a level 82, you would need 56 accuracy.

This, of course, is assuming the Greater Colibri numbers used are correct (taken from wiki).

Edit: For level correction info, http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hit_Rate is the link, and the level correction section is about halfway down.

Also for another formula to quickly plug into:
Hit Rate = 75% + (Accuracy - Evasion) x 0.5% + (Attackers Level - Defenders Level) x 2%

Aye, while you're right that lvl correction needs to be factored in when calculating acc, I already did that and just refered to it as 'active eva'. Maybe not the best term, but it's what I always heard it as. According to wiki, lvl 81s have 334, and 82s have 339 base eva before lvl correction.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-09-27 02:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

oh, i was too tired to think about actually adding it myself, i figured when you said their evasion was higher then the wiki because you may had factor'd in their AGI, but their evasion listing on wiki may have that already in... this makes me feel a little better, because my acc is not soo much different from his for TPing, and was worrying I had a really really crappy hit rate.

edit: also disregard my post then, since I did not realize that he had added in the level correction penalty
[+]