Opinions On These Two Jobs?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Opinions on these two jobs?
Opinions on these two jobs?
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-24 00:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

He took the bait, Entern! lol Just reel him in carefully. D:
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-24 01:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

@Bshizzle:

SCH pros
--T4 nukes that compare with a BLM's AMII, for 1/4 the MP, through the use of Stratagems
--Cure IV that cures more than even a WHM's Cure IV, for half the MP, through Stratagems and forcing light weather/light obi
--Reraise II/Raise II
--The ability to cast even faster than the actual Fast Cast cap
--Some of the best AF in the game
--Helix spells, which are basically as strong as T4 nukes, but for much less MP, and they're DoT
--Being able to force certain weather elements means permanent +10% bonus to any spell you cast
--Sublimation (Basically a more potent version of Refresh, but can only be used on yourself)
--Some of the highest M.ACC in the game through the use of Klimaform+Weather and certain stratagems
--Access to a lot of the better gear both RDM and BLM get
--Ability to give your party AoE spells like Stoneskin, Blink, Enthunder, Phalanx etc
--SCH is the most MP-efficient job in the game, to the point where a NAKED SCH will do more damage per MP used than a fully geared BLM
--Mini Divine Seal that can be used every minute
--Access to Regen II, which when paired with Stoneskin, makes keeping full parties alive on our own MUCH easier
--Sublimation is based on your character's max HP, meaning that you, as an Elvaan, would get better Sublimations than other races
--You'll get parties like a RDM and still be able to nuke as well as a BLM
--Really cool looking AF

SCH cons
--No Haste

You be the judge of whether or not it's worth it. (The obvious answer is yes, it is.)
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-24 01:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

*Also, SCH relic goes *** free-lot like mad. I started a collection of my own for fun.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-09-24 01:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Take it from someone with 75RDM, 75SMN, 75SCH, 66BLM, and 56WHM. SCH is by far the most fun mage job.

Your point of view is prolly the most biased in here when it comes to SCH, you already demonstrated that in the past, making stupid comparison about BLM and SCH, and you just keep doing it again, like making a huge list for SCH pros and like no cons at all...

That's just completely stupid, I don't even know how can readers can give credit to your posts. Nobody cares about what you have leveled, that doesn't make you knowledgeable at all.

And again we don't care about shitty theoretical comparison. Won't even bother to quote all your BS, i'll just use that one :

Quote:
--SCH is the most MP-efficient job in the game, to the point where a NAKED SCH will do more damage per MP used than a fully geared BLM

Sure man, that's why you're a *** failure at Apollyon NW.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=4793&page=9

SCH vs BLM thread got closed for a reason, just don't bring that back here. The day you'll be able to do something with your SCH (being -decent- at limbus would be a good start) we might give some credits to your posts.

Eternaltriumph said:
Well, this thread lasted a good 12 posts before the flame post appeared. Hope you got what you wanted, OP. This thread is now officially about OMG SCH VERSUS BLM! and will be flame cored or banned by morning. Good day to you, sirs. *tips hat*

Indeed.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-24 01:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Antipika said:
Your point of view is prolly the most biased in here when it comes to SCH, you already demonstrated that in the past, making stupid comparison about BLM and SCH, and you just keep doing it again, like making a huge list for SCH pros and like no cons at all...

That's just completely stupid, I don't even know how can readers can give credit to your posts. Nobody cares about what you have leveled, that doesn't make you knowledgeable at all.

Don't be jealous because you picked the wrong job.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-24 01:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, this thread lasted a good 12 posts before the flame post appeared. Hope you got what you wanted, OP. This thread is now officially about OMG SCH VERSUS BLM! and will be flame cored or banned by morning. Good day to you, sirs. *tips hat*
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-09-24 01:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
@Bshizzle:

SCH pros
--Really cool looking AF

SCH cons
--No Haste

You be the judge of whether or not it's worth it. (The obvious answer is yes, it is.)

He's Elvaan, no sch gear looks good on us :<
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-24 01:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Blindphleb said:

Lol it beats BLM AF making you look like a homeless guy or something.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-09-24 01:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Blindphleb said:

Which is why rdm is so awsome. Long live the pimp hat!
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-24 01:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Blindphleb said:
Enternius said:
Blindphleb said:

Which is why rdm is so awsome. Long live the pimp hat!
Never knew you were elf, Blind! Special place in heart welcomes you. lol RDM definitely looks the coolest of all. Fast Pants and the pajama cloak look of Dalmy is *** sex with a pimp hat. :v

For honest cons to SCH I'd say the MP pool as a notable thing for races like elf, but I don't know how the HP % of sublimation makes up for this along with the Stratagems saving cost over time compared to a job without.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-24 01:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
For honest cons to SCH I'd say the MP pool as a notable thing for races like elf, but I don't know how the HP % of sublimation makes up for this along with the Stratagems saving cost over time compared to a job without.

Actually, two things here:
1) SCH has more MP than any mage other than BLM and SMN, and is only about 10-20 behind BLM, but with an extra pool of 250~350 MP, it technically has even more than SMN.

2)Basically what Sublimation does is convert 25% of your max HP into MP. So if you have, say, 1000 HP, you will get a 250-MP Sublimation. Likewise, if you have 1200 HP you'll get a 300-MP Sublimation.

Sublimation starts off at 2 MP per tic so Refresh is technically better until LV60, when SCH gets AF hat and adds another 1 MP/tic to Sublimation (Basically gives you a free Refresh head at LV60) and again at LV74, when you get Argute Gown which adds another 1 MP/tic to sublimation, effectively doubling the potency of base Sublimation.

And P.S.: I do have to admit, a RDM with Duelist's Chapeau, Morrigan's Body, Crimson Cuisses, and Goliard Clogs is like the sexiest mage in the game.

Err, P.P.S.: SCH gets a constant 10% MP cost reduction, which isn't really much per spell but it really adds up. Then Parsimony subtracts 50% from any spell cast and you have 4 charges, each cooling after 1 minute. Basically what that means is you can make 400 MP last longer than a BLM with 1000 MP, and that's not even taking Sublimation into account.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-09-24 02:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Caiyuo said:

Actually, two things here:
1) SCH has more MP than any mage other than BLM and SMN, and is only about 10-20 behind BLM, but with an extra pool of 250~350 MP, it technically has even more than SMN.

2)Basically what Sublimation does is convert 25% of your max HP into MP. So if you have, say, 1000 HP, you will get a 250-MP Sublimation. Likewise, if you have 1200 HP you'll get a 300-MP Sublimation.

Sublimation starts off at 2 MP per tic so Refresh is technically better until LV60, when SCH gets AF hat and adds another 1 MP/tic to Sublimation (Basically gives you a free Refresh head at LV60) and again at LV74, when you get Argute Gown which adds another 1 MP/tic to sublimation, effectively doubling the potency of base Sublimation.

And P.S.: I do have to admit, a RDM with Duelist's Chapeau, Morrigan's Body, Crimson Cuisses, and Goliard Clogs is like the sexiest mage in the game.

Err, P.P.S.: SCH gets a constant 10% MP cost reduction, which isn't really much per spell but it really adds up. Then Parsimony subtracts 50% from any spell cast and you have 4 charges, each cooling after 1 minute. Basically what that means is you can make 400 MP last longer than a BLM with 1000 MP, and that's not even taking Sublimation into account.
*** Amen. That ***is like walking sex.

Also, with SCH capable of that much I can't help but think all end-game SCHs aren't taking complete advantage of everything they're capable of given that it isn't more popular. It's more or less my favorite support mage to do most low-man things with and it still seems to be pretty scarce.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-24 02:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
Also, with SCH capable of that much I can't help but think all end-game SCHs aren't taking complete advantage of everything they're capable of given that it isn't more popular. It's more or less my favorite support mage to do most low-man things with and it still seems to be pretty scarce.

I hate to say it but it's just a really bad time for new jobs.

People that have been playing FFXI for years have gotten attached to their WHMs, RDMs, BLMs and aren't willing to try something new. If SCH had been a standard or extra job from the beginning, there would be hundreds but nah, BLMs are too stubborn to admit they're not the only jobs capable of nuking anymore, and honestly newer people these days just lack the skill to put such a job to good use.

It's like how there are some RDMs that have been 75 for years and have no experience soloing any NMs. That's how SCH is treated nowadays by most people, sadly. Even if SCH does have the potential to be the end-all, be-all mage for all roles in endgame, the overall unfamiliarity with newer jobs prevents that. Right now there are a total of 7 SCHs online on Siren, and only two 75s.
 Leviathan.Chibil
Server: Leviathan
user: Chibil
By Leviathan.Chibil 2009-09-24 07:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure this has been said a lot of times already, but yes, I would have to say its based on what you want to do or you do a lot of. BLM was my first 75 and i love it. RDM was later on down the road and i love it too. With RDM though, i can do a lot more soloing/killing nms by myself or duo. RDM/NIN is win! On the other hand, BLM holds a lot of power, and like someone said before, if your joining an endgame ls, be prepared to go BLM to everything. I have 11 75's and 95% of the time, I'm BLM.
On another note, I look to finding a good job to merit with. Especially a job that is very well liked. NIN is alright, but not the greatest.
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2009-09-24 07:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Level PUP..
Is best job.. D:
/Hide
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-09-24 07:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sahagin said:
Level PUP..
Is best job.. D:
/Hide

Huzzah for comic relief.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-09-24 07:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Level BLM, RDM is a boring job and I have only met a few people who actually like playing it.

While leveling BLM make sure to solo it. Aside from the great exp from 51-66ish, it will teach you how to survive in sticky situations for when you are doing EG and pull hate on something instead of running around like retard.

Didn't read the whole thread but I saw mention of SCH. If you don't like healing (which you said you don't) then forget about SCH too.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-09-24 08:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm in campaign battle is fun as hell, soloing and stuff. In a party/endgame situation, you'll be falling asleep in your chair, only waken up to "<CALL11> WHUR THE *** IS MY HASTE?!"
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-24 08:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Rdm in campaign battle is fun as hell

Really any melee on RDM is fun, no matter what the sub. If nothing else, it's much more fun than melee BLM lol.

That being said, RDM with 20% Haste gear+15% from Haste spell, /NIN Blau/Joyeuse, RDM is actually a competent DD with the right gear.