Devil Manta Fishing?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Devil Manta fishing?
Devil Manta fishing?
First Page 2
 Titan.Chster
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-09-22 14:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

do you use carbon rod/composite rod and minnow/fly lure?
those get me mantas every time
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-22 14:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Exactly what I was going to post, damn you!
 Asura.Elvaton
Server: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-09-22 14:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

after awhile you'll learn how to feel what you have on your line but pugs are very similar to the mantas the crabs tend to have low stamina and dont fight much and it doesnt regain stamina the pug tends to fight and has high stamina and it can regain stamina as for the manta it will fight alot and can have low to high stamina it will also regain stamina
 Titan.Chster
Server: Titan
user: Chster
By Titan.Chster 2009-09-22 14:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Halcyon rod tends to not work as well,
A friend and I went fishing and he used Halcyon, didnt fish up a single manta while I got 2 or so

i think carbon is better than composite imo
try those out
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-09-22 15:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to fish manta for a bit but gave up when I saw how many people botted it(the same 6+ people only catching mantas and nothing else, evar). When I did get it(all four times in two days) I didn't get a drop with TH4. Make better money elsewhere -> buy angel skins/cursed items.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-22 15:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol another devil manta thread
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-09-22 15:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

orz ty from friend to friend dont bother less you have like nothing to do x.x i think ive gotten one in 5 yrs of trying? youll make 700k faster doings tedious small farming then fighting atwright, and bots like inx or w.e(the ex malice bot)
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-22 15:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
lol... Another useless post by Dasva.

I agree with Kyri. Don't bother with trying for Manta skins. The time invested definitely doesn't equal the gil received. =)
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-22 15:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Dasva said:
lol... Another useless post by Dasva.

Back at ya
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-22 18:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the real answer to this question is the answer you want to hear.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-22 18:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sevourn said:
I don't think the real answer to this question is the answer you want to hear.

Also I think its fly lure that cant catch anything else but a friend that does it swears sometimes it just doesnt bite on it sometimes so he switches to shrimp. I use ebisus rod and having higher fishing skill and obviously more experience can usually tell whats what. However with competetion there its still hard for me to be the one that gets it. Hell even when I was alone and fished one up every 15-20 min it still sucked cause the droprate is horrible. Think I spent 10 hours there and nothign.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Liquidz
Server: Pandemonium
user: liquidz
By Pandemonium.Liquidz 2009-09-22 19:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

All about luck for the drop, got 3 manta in a row some days ago with 3 angel skin drop in a row.

Sometime the Manta will be about as hard as a hard Pugil but a Pugil will never be as hard as when the Manta is really hard to reel up. So if you want to only fish up Manta you can wait for the real hard one but you might cancel a catch where it was the Manta being easier than usual. The more time you spend there the better you become I guess.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-22 19:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Liquidz said:
All about luck for the drop, got 3 manta in a row some days ago with 3 angel skin drop in a row.

There is this too. However I has bad luck so I'll stick to things that are less luck based or higher odds. Especially since a guy I know who used to practically live down there averaged like 1 every 7-8 hours
 Ragnarok.Dougr
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dougr
By Ragnarok.Dougr 2009-09-22 20:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it amusing that someone in here claim that you're botting if you fish up only the manta and never the others. I do not bot and I never catch anything other than the Manta, It's all about knowing your fish and has nothing to do with botting.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-09-22 20:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dougr said:
I find it amusing that someone in here claim that you're botting if you fish up only the manta and never the others. I do not bot and I never catch anything other than the Manta, It's all about knowing your fish and has nothing to do with botting.

Selective reading much? I said the same group of people would never, ever catch anything but manta. There are times when the manta will behave exactly like a Pugil making it damn near impossible to know what you have unless you release every Pugil-like mob(taking a chance at releasing the manta as well).

As for knowing your fish I have over 200 levels of Fishing across two characters and several mules so you may want to try a different argument.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-09-22 20:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I fish sometimes when im bored, or if i have to afk alot, and I had a few ppl fishing beside me say im rmt or using bots because i catch only manta's.

After a while down there you should only ever be fishing up the manta or that one pugil that can sometimes seem a little too strong for a pug. A while longer down there and you can disginguish between them two fairly easily, leaving you with nothing but manta.

If you still cant tell the diff between the two and you fish the pug, just flee around where that raptor nm spawns and circle to the pool again to lose aggro. Your only losing out maybe 1 or 2 casts, so its not like anyone who can tell 99% would even have a huge advantage.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-09-22 21:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
There are times when the manta will behave exactly like a Pugil making it damn near impossible to know what you have unless you release every Pugil-like mob(taking a chance at releasing the manta as well).

You can tell nearly everytime by watching the rod and its regen.
 Ragnarok.Dougr
Server: Ragnarok
user: Dougr
By Ragnarok.Dougr 2009-09-23 17:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Dougr said:

Selective reading much? I said the same group of people would never, ever catch anything but manta. There are times when the manta will behave exactly like a Pugil making it damn near impossible to know what you have unless you release every Pugil-like mob(taking a chance at releasing the manta as well).

As for knowing your fish I have over 200 levels of Fishing across two characters and several mules so you may want to try a different argument.

No, because the argument was fine. If you think just because people aren't pulling up crabs and pugils that they are botting, well that would make you a moron. Thanks for throwing in your fishing levels in there though like I actually gave a damn.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-09-24 18:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say the people crying about the botting comments are being suspiciously defensive lol. I never even said everyone who catches nothing but manta is botting. Just a specific group of people in a party who are almost always there. Those people who are not botting but fish only manta are likely releasing the manta at times since it can have the same behaviour as a pugil.

Either way it doesn't matter to me since I can fish on one char and kill any mobs I get by mistake on the other. Not to mention fishing this isn't even worth the time it takes to get the drop.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-09-25 10:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Not to mention fishing this isn't even worth the time it takes to get the drop.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-09-25 14:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Tyrese said:
This thread really wasn't meant to point fingers at anyone specific. It seems it derailed quite a bit so I'll rephrase it: Yes, it's very possible to predict the outcome. But it's nearly impossible for the same damn person to get it 6-7 times in a row with 7 other people fishing there. i won't name names but the guy who does that is Japanese.

If someone gets it 6-7 times in a row, there's no cheat or secret; it's pure luck. Bots can tell you what you've got on the line, but there is no bot or cheat that can put a Devil Manta on your line. The fish you get on your line is decided server-side, and no bot can change it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2