Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-02-18 10:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Sakpata's Gauntlets for Torcleaver???
I'm looking to test that on wave 3 stuff sometime in the coming weeks same with head piece tbh they should be better if you don't have perfect augments.
By Taint 2021-02-18 10:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Head Looks really good on paper.

Hands look close on paper. Odyssean gets 7% wsdmg, 5 scdmg and 34 vit with easy to get augments.

They go up to 12% wsdmg, 5 scdmg, 44 vit with DM augments.

I already made a toggle in my GS for full Sakpata WSing to keep meva high.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-02-18 11:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I am seeing DRK totally annihilate stuff on Oddy-3 segement farming with SV Minuet+chaos with popping in some PDL+ pieces stinger helm+1 and hands. He is 1-shotting Nostros with Torcleaver
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-18 11:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The hands are a tougher sell for me for Torcleaver, I have a 15 vit 4wsd aug and I'm not totally convinced Sakpata hands will beat that. They may be close enough that the defensive benefits outweigh the damage gap though.
[+]
By Taint 2021-02-18 11:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

PDL requires capping to compete as well. While not unusual for DRK to be over the att cap it has to be a consideration.

I'm going to throw the head in my set to replace Stinger and going to leave my hands as Valorous. (wsdmg10)
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-02-18 12:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
PDL requires capping to compete as well. While not unusual for DRK to be over the att cap it has to be a consideration.

I'm going to throw the head in my set to replace Stinger and going to leave my hands as Valorous. (wsdmg10)
This is my mind set also my hands I have a WSD 9% head but it has no aug for vit I got unlucky my hands have good stats but its +4% WSD No VIT so I'm trying to test and see how close it really is. Like stated if its better defense stats for only like 1-2% damage loss ill take it over trying to mess with oseem. It's why I wanna test wave 3 because of the att cap on drk it's kinda hard to be over attack on drk in high end stuff. Damage numbers are great inside odyssey but I dont really consider segment farming hard stuff.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-18 12:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 10 wsd odyssean dm aug on the hands but no other stats aside from cure potency 1 which was a big downer for me. Literally any acc and or attack I’d of been happy but oseem is a real ball buster.
By bombsdiggity 2021-02-20 00:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
bombsdiggity said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Nuance said: »
If you’re just interested in empyrean situations and riding the AM3 and absolutely don’t care about the stp then yeah sure I guess. You’d still miss out on the hasso haste but LR cool down is t awful I suppose. Wish we could full time it

Its not so much that I'm "just interested in empyrean situations"- its more knowing that the DA from /war subjob will be more of a hindrance to a Liberator build even before this gear, and that doesn't change; that Apocalypse can compensate for probably the largest benefit /sam brings in JA Haste. I'm sure if I used my Anguta more there would be a discussion there, as well.

Empyreans do stick out though, of course, due to the synergy between a high attack job in DRK, the occasional triple damage proc from Caladbolg/Redemption, the extreme overflow of +PDL on this new set, and the unique DA damage augment to the headpiece all working together to push white damage above weaponskills in importance- and at what point it starts to win.

I mean. Do what makes you happy, but for me personally i spend so much time attack capped that warcry and berserk would do nothing for me. /sam4lyf

If attack is capped and you aren't subbing SAM, /DRG is pretty solid isn't it?

solid second place imo except especially for dynamis if you don't want to tank (as mentioned it kelps but doesn't solve it. but the 7wsd is nice from /drg plus the acc trait as a small addon too
By eeternal 2021-02-24 05:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK destroys Odyssey but my main issue is the versatility of weapon types, since some mobs resist slashing
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-24 08:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If you’re just interested in empyrean situations and riding the AM3 and absolutely don’t care about the stp then yeah sure I guess. You’d still miss out on the hasso haste but LR cool down is t awful I suppose. Wish we could full time it

Its not so much that I'm "just interested in empyrean situations"- its more knowing that the DA from /war subjob will be more of a hindrance to a Liberator build even before this gear, and that doesn't change; that Apocalypse can compensate for probably the largest benefit /sam brings in JA Haste. I'm sure if I used my Anguta more there would be a discussion there, as well.

Empyreans do stick out though, of course, due to the synergy between a high attack job in DRK, the occasional triple damage proc from Caladbolg/Redemption, the extreme overflow of +PDL on this new set, and the unique DA damage augment to the headpiece all working together to push white damage above weaponskills in importance- and at what point it starts to win.

I mean. Do what makes you happy, but for me personally i spend so much time attack capped that warcry and berserk would do nothing for me. /sam4lyf

solid second place imo except especially for dynamis if you don't want to tank (as mentioned it kelps but doesn't solve it. but the 7wsd is nice from /drg plus the acc trait as a small addon too
I sub WAR to abuse Scarlet Delirium and get bigger numbers since it's a pure damage multiplier.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-02-24 09:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

I sub WAR to abuse Scarlet Delirium and get bigger numbers since it's a pure damage multiplier.

Isn't that drifting a little to close to the cliché DRK?

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-24 09:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Isn't that drifting a little to close to the cliché DRK?

YouTube Video Placeholder

Yes, and that's what makes me happy.
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2021-02-24 10:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I really want to get more use out of the Sakpata set.
As it is I'm having trouble with its low accuracy, and can only fit it piecemeal into my sets.
I would love to use it for Insurgency for instance, but Sakpata gear is a whopping 74 accuracy behind even my lowest accuracy set.

Now, I can see that with RP each piece in the set can get up to +15 accuracy. How far in to feeding this set do we have to go in order to start getting accuracy augments?

That question asked, how do we even start getting RP on them? I've got all wins leading up to and including Kalunga, but I have yet to finish clearing all the wave3 NMs. When I tried fighting Kalunga a second time I couldn't raise the vengeance on it, what gives?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-24 10:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mims said: »
As it is I'm having trouble with its low accuracy, and can only fit it piecemeal into my sets.
I would love to use it for Insurgency for instance, but Sakpata gear is a whopping 74 accuracy behind even my lowest accuracy set.

Now, I can see that with RP each piece in the set can get up to +15 accuracy. How far in to feeding this set do we have to go in order to start getting accuracy augments?

That question asked, how do we even start getting RP on them? I've got all wins leading up to and including Kalunga, but I have yet to finish clearing all the wave3 NMs. When I tried fighting Kalunga a second time I couldn't raise the vengeance on it, what gives?
Clear all six T3's first. Then have Vengence 5~15 unlocked on all lower Tiered NM's.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-02-24 11:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mims said: »

The general belief is that they'll create a better way to get RP in the future, for now it's heavily time gated behind spamming the T3 fights at higher difficulty. Think old school Mythic type time gates.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-02-25 21:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

My new idle set. Any suggestions? *All sets assume R15 unity gear.

Sitting at -51% PDT, -31% MDT, -30% DT with 3618 base HP and a lot of magic evasion. Sanare earring on the right. *Granted this is when they fix Sakpata cuisses' DT bug.

Edit: Realized I was under-capped on Haste and found a better option. This is the new Hybrid/DT set I made last night. That's a Cessance Earring in the left ear. I could've used Balder +1 for QA+1, but DA+3 is identical amount of hits and I wanted more Acc as I find base Sakpata's somewhat lacking. Sailfi Belt +1 on the waist and Ignominy flanchard +3 as Legs. Has 40-STP (more than Hybrid set on the first page) and adds a ton of PDL, Def, M.Eva, multi-attack.

My friend pointed out if you have the Haste +1% momento you could ride 5/5 Sakpata's and swap Moonlight for Niqmaddu, but I'm a lazy ***and that would drop around ~28 Acc and 80HP for a gain of ~6hits/100 and 7PDL.

Sitting at 2532HP, 43% DA, 2% TA, 33% PDL, 40-STP:

This is my new DT Torcleaver/Attack capped Torcleaver set. Left ring is Regal ring. Right ring could be swapped (Gel. Ring+1?), but I made the set to keep some DT and also I figured I could use the Acc. Nothing worse than a missed Torcleaver:

Any suggestions/feedback are welcome. I don't use spreadsheets. I eyeball everything and know the minimum STp/Acc needed to be effective.
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-26 11:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
My friend pointed out if you have the Haste +1% momento

This was shown on the last few pages to almost certainly be magic haste.

I have engraved belt in my idle set (I lied) I idle in sacro breastplate over Sakpata's (you lose 10 meva and some VIT but pick up 2 MDB, some HP and 13 regen), and for torcleaver I don't think I would replace Sulevia's leggings with sakpata's.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-02-26 12:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Quote:
My friend pointed out if you have the Haste +1% momento

This was shown on the last few pages to almost certainly be magic haste.

I have engraved belt in my idle set, and for torcleaver I don't think I would replace Sulevia's leggings with sakpata.

DRK can't wear Engraved Belt.
 Asura.Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-02-26 12:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Word, it's too early for me and I've had my head up WAR's butt for too long since the update. The rest remains
By SimonSes 2021-02-26 12:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really see the point of 3600 hp in idle when you have 2000 in tp. It gives nothing unless you cure yourself after switching to idle. Its also very problematic in something like Odyssey, because it will blood aggro all the time, because you drops to yellow hp every time you go from engaged to idle.

Asklepian belt is what I use
[+]
By Taint 2021-02-26 12:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

My Idle set, refresh+2 on Valorous:

ItemSet 378325

My max HP set is only used for Dread spikes and if I'm weak.
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2021-02-26 20:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
I messed around a bit on DRK tonight after being on WAR for nearly the entire time since the update. I took the Calad 6-hit build from the first page, went 5/5 Sakpata then added brutal cessance earring, telos earring, and swapped hentai ring for petrov. Normal AM3 procs were around 6500 and crits were in the mid to high 8000s, as opposed to 5000~ hits and 7000~ crits in the old set. The mobs were the spiders outside Rabao. 1.60 attacks per round, 170 TP per swing.

*Blank spaces are Sakpata's pieces

Anyone with a Redemption happen to check how much the spatula armor increased their auto attacks with AM3 up?
By Taint 2021-02-27 09:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Playing with Sakpata and Caladbolg sets. Sakpata hands are really good as you rank up but I made these assuming no STP on them.

Caladbolg 6 hit DT

ItemSet 364450

Caladbolg 5 hit DT

ItemSet 378349

Torcleavor

ItemSet 365099
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-27 10:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with those sets is accuracy
6hit has 1121
5hit 1137
Torc has 1095

and thats for R20 on all pieces, so 25 acc less with R0.

This is why I think Sakpata really has better synergy with Apocalypse, but sets that I would suggest to use to improve acc on those with Caladbolg would be this:

ItemSet 362873

This set has far better DT and MEVA and 1151 acc at Rank 20 and only does 2% damage less

ItemSet 378351

This set has 1174 acc assuming everything at rank 20 and is actually higher DPS according to sheet.
[+]
By Taint 2021-02-27 10:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I base all my sets around 1100. Schere sucks with GS in my experience, I don't use a lot of MP on DRK but 0 doesn't work well.

Thank you for contributing.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-27 10:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I base all my sets around 1100. Schere sucks with GS in my experience, I don't use a lot of MP on DRK but 0 doesn't work well.

Yeah but then you probably have TP sets with higher acc and its a problem with Sakpata. Instead of Schere you can use Cessance.

Also DT set are usually used on higher difficulty targets and those also usually have higher acc requirement. Not to mention in something like Gaol, you also lose subjob, which is another drop of accuracy you normally have.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-02-27 11:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I base all my sets around 1100
I use tiers based on apex evasion and zero buffs. Almost all mobs and NMs have similar evasions to each other, so using appropriate buffs allows me to just easily use the right tier to cap.
Code
1037 / 1029
1121 / 1113
1211 / 1203
1302 / 1294
1392 / 1384
By Taint 2021-02-27 13:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I base all my sets around 1100
I use tiers based on apex evasion and zero buffs. Almost all mobs and NMs have similar evasions to each other, so using appropriate buffs allows me to just easily use the right tier to cap.
Code
1037 / 1029
1121 / 1113
1211 / 1203
1302 / 1294
1392 / 1384

Thats great info. And to clarify my sets start at 1100ish and go up from there. I'll probably toggle on Simon's set for mid acc.

A couple jobs have lower ACC sets but for specific reasons.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-02-27 13:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks all for contributing.

As for idle HP, I have two sets. That one is more or less for pulling mobs. I have 3 chars with near-BiS whm gear so I’m always capped on HP when idle because one is always on whm.

Could anyone tell where my sets fell compared to the others posted? Mine seem to have more accuracy and survivability.

I’d personally never use schere earring on GS and I feel dedition is too much of a loss with sakpatas gear.

After reviewing further I’d probably swap my torcleaver waist out to sailfi +1 or Iosekha+1.

*I should also note I’m considering r0 gear as I feel most people (including myself) won’t be ranking up quickly/at all for a while.
First Page 2 3 ... 36 37 38 ... 53 54 55