First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 53 54 55
 Asura.Mims
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-07-24 09:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Abaddon said: »
Finally got drain3. What’s the best macro set up for self weaponbash skill chain into darkness setting up DS, NV and d3?

Is it most efficient to /ja DS and NV before bash or after skill chain etc? Just trying to find the most optimized order of Operations.

Don't macro them all together, the more complicated your macro the more room there is for something to go wrong and mess up the whole process.

Personally, I have DS/NV on one keybind, weapon bash on it's own key, and weapon skills on their own keys.

I press my DS/NV key early, and eyeball that they both have triggered. Then when the timing is right, the mob isn't running away, party members aren't taking swings at it, etc, I'll weapon bash, wait a short bit, and weaponskill. Generally I'm closing the skillchain with Nightmare Scythe or Keen Edge so as not to immediately kill the mob, but knowledge of skillchains is good. Have a backup plan to self-SC if something goes wrong.

Assuming things go right, skillchain goes off and I immediately magic burst with drain 3. Its important to have the JA's prepped ahead of time, because lag can easily kill your MB if you try to trigger JAs after the SC.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Abaddon
Server: Lakshmi
user: terry
By Lakshmi.Abaddon 2020-07-27 23:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Guys. This was exactly what I was looking for. I pretty much figured that would be the best way after setting up this elaborate set of macros. And it not always turning out the way I wanted.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2020-07-28 14:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that you're self-9999ing you can enjoy the thrill of your omen party wrecking your sweetwater mobs mid-cast and not getting a single MB during a run
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-07-28 15:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
Now that you're self-9999ing you can enjoy the thrill of your omen party wrecking your sweetwater mobs mid-cast and not getting a single MB during a run

You have people all like
"Im helping!"
[+]
By eeternal 2020-07-28 17:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Its been a while trying to get this.. almost 15-20 runs, I guess its time to drk and not worry about idle or magic evasion

[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-07-28 17:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
That or people doing it in dynamis lol. Its one of the reasons I can't get more than like 6k hp in namis because I can't make my own sc do to mob dying fast from me or someone who could mess sc up.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2020-07-28 18:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ya.. i got like 2 sc's off last dynamis.. so annoying. lol
[+]
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2020-07-28 21:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping Drain3's HP bonus fulltime in Dynamis is a critical skill that, from my personal observations of other players, the average Dark Knight is bad at.

It's a fast paced environment, pulling large groups and tearing through them as fast as possible. I personally love playing Drk in Dynamis. It is not, however, a place where there is enough room to reliably MB drains. Mobs die fast, often getting oneshot in wave 1 and 2, party members will mess up SCs, sleepgas and stuns and any number of things can interrupt landing a Drain3 MB. So much so that the only time I actually aim for a Drain3 MB is when I'm opening darkness skill chains on the wave 1 boss, since we abuse Last Stand and Wildfire SC damage to burn that NM down.

I am not saying to give up on Drain3 in Dynamis, quite the opposite.

Here's a little Dynamis - Divergence primer:

Take the time to learn the states of eye modes per zone.
As a general rule, try to primarily target statues for Drain3 immediately after the tank pulls, before a Cor obliterates it. Its tricky, but doable. Red eyes and eyeless (Aurix) monsters have no darkness resistance either, so they are generally fine. Yagudo and Goblins are mostly fine to cast on, blue eyed Quadavs and Orcs will drain quite nicely. Green eyed Orcs and Quadavs, on the other hand, will take so little damage that you will think your drains are broken.
When there is any doubt about what color eyes you are fighting, which is common on messy pulls, try to drain a pet, wyvern, or non-Fenrir avatar. You're a Dark Knight, you can re-sleep it after you wake it up if you have to. In wave 3, Fomors are going to take comparatively less damage, so again try and drain their pets if you can. Obviously wave3 NMs are no joke, and even under ideal conditions your tank can die.
Drain3 is the difference between being a backup tank, and being a hole in the ground. Be the backup tank, not the hole.
Remember you can, and should be layering your defenses. Drain3 HP is one, remember we can keep Seigan/Third Eye up while still capping haste as well. DT gear is a must, if you don't have it you shouldn't be in wave3 in the first place. Stun and weapon bash can also potentially save your life, but that doesn't mean you should try to spam them. Keep Apocalypse handy, always be ready to grab it with a weapon swap if you need it. This is especially important if the tank goes down and you need to keep hate, because that 10% JA haste can matter big time when Last Resort is down. Catastrophe is a pretty obvious reason to R15 your Apoc, but when you tack on 269 skill, +75 accuracy, and the JA haste to offset Last Resort, Apocalypse is really competetive in wave3. I'm not saying to fulltime it, but that you should always be ready to whip it out on a moments notice.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-07-29 01:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I just free cast d3 cause #lazy. End up with 4-5k hp gets the job done let’s me focus on the important things like cross reaper spam till the 4-5k hp fails me when I get bopped by a hexa strike or some ***in the ws set and eat the floor and complain to the incompetent whm! Then I can afk for 3mins to make a sandwich.
[+]
By Fayona 2020-07-29 06:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
I just free cast d3 cause #lazy. End up with 4-5k hp gets the job done let’s me focus on the important things like cross reaper spam till the 4-5k hp fails me when I get bopped by a hexa strike or some ***in the ws set and eat the floor and complain to the incompetent whm! Then I can afk for 3mins to make a sandwich.

This hurts my soul. It cuts my life into pieces. Writing this is my last resort. Please cease and desist sir.
[+]
By levelxplane 2020-08-10 14:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I found a lua in this thread and have modified it a bit. I figured out most of it, but what is the purpose of HighHaste? While I generally try to focus on Accuracy from the get go, I usually end up haste capped anyway, and even more so with the Apoc's Aftermath, so i'm not sure what "High Haste" is supposed to be relative to my TP AM and Non AM sets. I thought I could figure it out by looking at the logic that determines when to use it, but it left me even more confused.

It seems to be used when LR and some form haste from spells or songs are active.

I'm not too familiar with Lua with style guides, but the original lua had everything on one line and it was hard(er) to read.
Code
if buffactive["Aftermath: Lv.3"] and equipSet["AM3"] then
    if (buffactive["Last Resort"]
        and ((buffactive.Haste and buffactive.March == 2)
            or (buffactive.Embrava
                and (buffactive.March == 2
                    or (buffactive.March and buffactive.Haste)
                    or (buffactive.March and buffactive['Mighty Guard'])
                    or (buffactive['Mighty Guard'] and buffactive.Haste)
                )
            )
            or (buffactive[580]
                and (buffactive.March
                    or buffactive.Haste or buffactive.Embrava
                    or buffactive['Mighty Guard']
                )
            )
        )
        and equipSet["HighHaste"]
    ) then
        equipSet = equipSet["AM3_HighHaste"]
    elseif Rancor == 'ON' then -- Default Rancor Toggle Is Rancorous Mantle --
        equipSet = set_combine(equipSet["AM3"],sets.TP.Rancor)
    else -- Use Rancor Toggle For Atheling Mantle --
        equipSet = equipSet["AM3"]
    end
end
if buffactive.Aftermath and equipSet["AM"] then
    equipSet = equipSet["AM"]
end
if (buffactive["Last Resort"]
    and ((buffactive.Haste and buffactive.March == 2)
        or (buffactive.Embrava
            and (buffactive.March == 2
                or (buffactive.March and buffactive.Haste)
                or (buffactive.March and buffactive['Mighty Guard'])
                or (buffactive['Mighty Guard'] and buffactive.Haste)
            )
        )
        or (buffactive[580]
            and (buffactive.March
                or buffactive.Haste
                or buffactive.Embrava
                or buffactive['Mighty Guard']
            )
        )
    )
    and equipSet["HighHaste"]
) then
    equipSet = equipSet["HighHaste"]
end

this is what the actual set creation look likes.
Code
-- Apocalypse(AM Down) TP Sets --
sets.TP.Apocalypse = set_combine(
    drk_gear.tp_low_acc,
    {main="Apocalypse", ammo="Hasty Pinion +1", sub="Utu Grip"}
)
sets.TP.Apocalypse.MidACC = set_combine(sets.TP.Apocalypse, drk_gear.tp_high_acc)
sets.TP.Apocalypse.HighACC = set_combine(sets.TP.Apocalypse.MidACC,{})

-- Apocalypse(AM Up) TP Sets --
sets.TP.Apocalypse.AM = set_combine(sets.TP.Apocalypse,{
    ammo="Seeth. Bomblet +1",
    waist="Sailfi Belt +1",
})
sets.TP.Apocalypse.MidACC.AM = set_combine(sets.TP.Apocalypse.AM,{})
sets.TP.Apocalypse.HighACC.AM = set_combine(sets.TP.Apocalypse.MidACC.AM,{})

-- Apocalypse(AM Down: High Haste) TP Sets --
sets.TP.Apocalypse.HighHaste = set_combine(sets.TP.Apocalypse,{})
sets.TP.Apocalypse.MidACC.HighHaste = set_combine(sets.TP.Apocalypse.HighHaste,{})
sets.TP.Apocalypse.HighACC.HighHaste = set_combine(sets.TP.Apocalypse.MidACC.HighHaste,{})

-- Apocalypse(AM Up: High Haste) TP Sets --
sets.TP.Apocalypse.AM.HighHaste = set_combine(sets.TP.Apocalypse.AM,{})
sets.TP.Apocalypse.MidACC.AM.HighHaste = set_combine(sets.TP.Apocalypse.AM.HighHaste,{})
sets.TP.Apocalypse.HighACC.AM.HighHaste = set_combine(sets.TP.Apocalypse.MidACC.AM.HighHaste,{})
 Ragnarok.Tristonx
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tristonx
By Ragnarok.Tristonx 2020-08-10 15:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey quick question, I have 2 interesting augments on Odyssean hands. I want to know which would pump out higher numbers on Torcleaver. Only reason I'm asking is because I have an Utu Grip and wondering if the 14 DEX is higher than the extra 2% WSDMG.
vs
By Aquatiq 2020-08-10 15:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

too close to call (not because of the DEX's value in the damage calc, but because of all the extra combined acc on the 7% piece), i'd probably use the 9% just because it looks sexier when /checked

but to have like +30 acc / +7% WSD in augments on your acc swap piece, you can't really ask for much more
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-08-10 15:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

levelxplane said: »
It seems to be used when LR and some form haste from spells or songs are active.
Yes, I will help you through the power of math.

also check out the wiki link: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Attack_Speed

here is an small part of it

Equipment haste has its own cap of 25% (256/1024).
Magic haste caps at 43.75% (448/1024).
Job abilities haste is the third and final category, and it also caps at 25% (256/1024).

you can see these go over the haste cap by 13.75%, so this means when we have them all maxed which is possible to do on drk, then we can shave from somewhere, since we have little control and 0 reason to remove magical haste and JA haste then this will normally happen in our gearsets, which is why you then have those high haste gearsets.

In practical application this use to mean swap out your haste belt for windbuffet, however with the addition of Odin gear this usually will be seen in using that now since it has great defensive stats and good dps but kills your gear haste, which is going to be ok for drk when you have your ja haste capped with magical haste capped.

Ragnarok.Tristonx said: »
14 DEX is higher than the extra 2% WSDMG.

It is not, stick with the amazing 9 wsd aug you got for max dmg, use the other when acc becomes an issue (which is common for calad drks)
By levelxplane 2020-08-10 17:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
Yes, I will help you through the power of math.

you can see these go over the haste cap by 13.75%, so this means when we have them all maxed which is possible to do on drk,

Ahh. Okay. I just assumed 93.75 was the most you could get. Didn't realize there was a global cap of 80%.

Thanks!
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-08-10 17:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Aquatiq said: »
too close to call (not because of the DEX's value in the damage calc, but because of all the extra combined acc on the 7% piece), i'd probably use the 9% just because it looks sexier when /checked

but to have like +30 acc / +7% WSD in augments on your acc swap piece, you can't really ask for much more

The 14 DEX when using Utu Grip has to come close to 1 point of WSDMG or slightly under it, so the difference between pure damage seems kind of insignificant imo.

Even if I'm over-estimating DEX's value, worse case scenario its a 1.5% WSDMG difference when all is said and done.

But, Id only use the heavy DEX hands if acc is an issue.

Have a standard set and a high acc set. Though I believe 1 hit WS have a an accuracy bonus that can give you some flexibility on gear.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-08-10 17:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh. Okay. I just assumed 93.75 was the most you could get. Didn't realize there was a global cap of 80%.

Thanks!
Sadly yes, this was not always the case, an apoc drk back in the 75 days could hit the 93.75% haste level and it was so cool.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-08-10 18:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Aquatiq said: »

The 14 DEX when using Utu Grip has to come close to 1 point of WSDMG or slightly under it, so the difference between pure damage seems kind of insignificant imo.

Even if I'm over-estimating DEX's value, worse case scenario its a 1.5% WSDMG difference when all is said and done.

But, Id only use the heavy DEX hands if acc is an issue.

Have a standard set and a high acc set. Though I believe 1 hit WS have a an accuracy bonus that can give you some flexibility on gear.
14 dex is 1 or 2 base damage
[+]
 Lakshmi.Abaddon
Server: Lakshmi
user: terry
By Lakshmi.Abaddon 2020-08-22 20:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Where does Seething bomb +2 with augments stand vs Knobkierrie?

I also just finished my Sailfi +1 belt with augments. I’m pretty much full timing it for tp/WS for cross and cata. I’m on a unity kick. Working on lugra augments now.
 Cerberus.Castien
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Castien 2020-08-29 21:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello can someone share a few possible ideas for more a mid tier player for a Ground Strike set? I have been more focusing on stacking WSD like torcleaver, not sure if this is the best way
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-08-29 21:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Castien said: »
Hello can someone share a few possible ideas for more a mid tier player for a Ground Strike set? I have been more focusing on stacking WSD like torcleaver, not sure if this is the best way

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ground_Strike

That is the best way, you can see the mods are str and int, so just go crazy on str/wsd augs on ody gear where applicable.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2020-08-30 09:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is Ragnarok better than Nandaka for Resolution? I was using Resolution the other day in a fight where I couldn't skillchain, and I had to use Resolution to maximize the group's options. My damage sucked compared to just using savage blade. Any tips?
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-08-30 11:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warusha said: »
Why is Ragnarok better than Nandaka for Resolution? I was using Resolution the other day in a fight where I couldn't skillchain, and I had to use Resolution to maximize the group's options. My damage sucked compared to just using savage blade. Any tips?
Well they do two different stats and they have a weapon that boost savage blade where you dont have a weapon that boost Resolution. Base damage on nandaka is better also has 30 attack on it compared to Rag. Naegling also has a buff on it for attack % based on buff effects that with the 15% WSD for savage blade using that weapon is gonna push you back more and more. Also doesn't help that resolution even if SE says no feels like it got nerfed awhile back and the fact Naegling is broken in my eyes at this point. Resolution is also a merit which I assume you have 5/5 in so ya Long story short Savage is just gonna do more damage over resolution nothing you doing wrong.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-08-30 13:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warusha said: »

Eyeballs.

Savage Blade is from a one handed weapon, meaning you likely single wielding and not at delay cap, -68.75% delay reduction to be precise. With 2H you would be at -80%. That is a 56%.25 reduction in attack speed. Things like Haste Samba can correct for this or some amount of dual wield.

As for damage, Ragnarok isn't the best GS for Resolution and hasn't been for a long time. It's low delay makes TP optimization difficult and there is nothing inherent about it that would boost total WS damage. Typically we recommend weapons like Montante +1 or augmented Zulfigar, Nandaka gets special mention if your not at attack cap due to it's special properties. Montante +1 has a good delay along with STP 11 and TA +5, means lots of fast WS's. Zulfigar augmented correctly can also hit really hard and get fast paced WS's. Once SE augments Montante +1 with Odyssea it'll just get better. Ragnarok, even at R15 (I was bored) isn't that great a weapon. It's all about crits and well those aren't that great without a crit WS.
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2020-08-30 16:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I like Ragnarok, it gets a bad rap these days.
Is it the best Great Sword all the time?
Absolutely not.
But it isn't bad.
269 skill and 75 accuracy firmly cements it as the highest accuracy great sword anywhere. I had R15 Caladbolg before I even started Ragnarok, and I made Rag specifically for taking into Dyna wave3.
Is it inferior to other options 95% of the time? Yes it is. Is it worth spending hundreds of millions of gil to R15? That's subjective. I know that I'm glad I have mine and it does get use, but it is absolutely a low-priority item. For me at least, the extra bells and whistles on Rag are much less important than raw accuracy.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-30 17:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone who thoroughly enjoys DRK and expanding my playing of it, but not as someone who considers it their "main", I always saw Rag as the RNG-equivalent to a Gandiva (sorry, easiest way for me to compare). Is it a great weapon at times? No doubt- but the times where it's truly at its best are very limited, and you'll never say "Man, I wish I had a Gandiva" before most other options.

I considered Ragnarok the same- there might be one or two times where I really think it would be nice to have, but they're so few and far between that I never miss it. I'm hoping I'll miss it even less when we see the Montante+1 augs.
 Asura.Haxetc
By Asura.Haxetc 2020-08-30 18:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss the days before resolution when you'd use scourge and let the crits go to town :(
[+]
By Taint 2020-08-30 18:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Haxetc said: »
I miss the days before resolution when you'd use scourge and let the crits go to town :(

I miss when white damage mattered and you had to calculate your best option.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2020-08-30 18:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

Yea now monks swear they best dps because of white damage and weaponskills. Tbh If montante +1 gets the augments it could ***on everything but cala. Montante is already kinda nuts for what it is/was so i can't wait to see it.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-08-30 20:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Taint said: »

Yea now monks swear they best dps because of white damage and weaponskills. Tbh If montante +1 gets the augments it could ***on everything but cala. Montante is already kinda nuts for what it is/was so i can't wait to see it.

I sure hope so as well- but prepping for "Magic Evasion +30".
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 53 54 55