New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » February 2017 Version Update
February 2017 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15
By Lexouritis 2017-02-12 03:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

NT/ES= Resisted threnody, and I know one of then BRDS kept charisma on herself, no go. We saved SV for the Cluster F that is 10% and under, don't think they tried to land threnodies at that point. Pretty sure it's not going to land unless perfect Magic acc/all relevant Af+3 gear or something. I'd have to ask them when they wake up tomorrow...err..today...
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-12 03:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You're trying to land a light-element enfeeble on Teles. Don't bother.
[+]
By Lexouritis 2017-02-12 03:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerde Fight Nuke Style Post update:

1) Forget about a SCH stunning all the JDs reliably under bolstered focus/languor (idris). Our arguably best, or top 3 Stun sets resisted more than half of their attempts.

2) Fight it like Normal, TR/Embrava before pop, 1 SCH stunning/1 TR SC spamming etc. Set up BLM Elemtal Seal stun order for Just Desserts, and have that SCH still Free stunning.

Setup:

1) SCH BLM BLM GEO GEO COR

2) SCH BLM BLM BLM GEO COR

3) PLD RUN GEO RDM WHM BRD

Again, don't use the PLD if u can avoid it, our RUN was a boxed Gambit/rayke ***.

Nuke Parties:

Party 1) One GEO was Foous/Malaise, the other INT/Haste, entrusted acumen. COR went Warlocks/Caster Since the SCH Stunner was in this party.

Party 2) GEO did Focus/INT. COR was Wiz/Caster (stronger BLMS were here afaik)

Party 3) PLD=main tank, RUN (was boxed so gambit/rayke ***). RDM had trouble landing Frazzle, Needed to sub BLM and ES/Saboteur/Stymie. BRD (REMA) SV N/T before pop, Fire threnody landed without an issue. Think he put up marches/defense songs on the party.

Not much more to report, Zerde is a bit harder than he was, but will not be a roadblock for strong LS. Magic Acc issues and threshold for nukers was substantially lower than for Teles at any rate.

1) ES Stun Order for Just Desserts, like last year.

2) Add RDM + BRD.

3) Blow him up.

Edit: we thought about doing thunder threnody instead for SCH stunner, buuuuuuuut Zerde is Thunder based? .....used ES Order instead...............also cycled in non Idris GEOs, dmg didn't really take a hit, neither did Macc.
[+]
By Afania 2017-02-12 03:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Phaded said: »
So vanilla players still have to hit two macros for each action?

With amount of FC gears we have these days we don't.

This is an example of capped FC -> cast spell -> end cast in 1 macro.

/equip head "Atro. Chapeau +1" (12)
/equip feet "Carmine Greaves +1" (8)
/equip body "Viti. Tabard +1"(13)
/equip back "Sucellos's Cape" (10)
/ma "phalanx" <me>
/equipset 10 (this is your potency set)

With FC trait(30) and gifts(+8 max) the FC is capped, only 6 lines are used, and spell gets cast in potency set.
[+]
By Lexouritis 2017-02-12 03:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Onycophora Post Update...

AG Tupsi SCH had trouble/landing capping Helix with focus/mal/int/lang entrusted acumen, warlocks/wizards.

Bring a BRD or RDM. (they were both very well geared)

RDM will have more issues landing Frazzle than BRD landing Threnody. Have them Sub BLM if u take a RDM. Same for the BRD.

BRD reported 2/3rd resist rate without N/T E/S on threnody.

This one gave us more trouble, as we had to break the ally down to 3 groups of 8, and were tired as hell, and had a lot of derps unrelated to the latest patch in 2 of the groups. 2/3 Wins went down to the last 3-4mins, the other was about 22mins.

Like looking at paint dry up on a wall~

Best Setup we found THAT we used today:

1)Tank + Healer

2) SCH SCH GEO GEO BRD COR

Focus/Mal, Int/Lang, entrust acumen, warlock/wizard, Etudes/Threnody. Non Tupsi was hitting for 14k-18k+ with 2 Idris.

Without idris, still easily capping Helix on days that were not iceday. Nukes were co,plete crap on anything not a detonation SC. We did not bring BLMs in any of the groups, but assuming the BRD can land dark Threnody, might not be a bad idea to do so for juicy deaths.

Melee this instead: One of our SCHS (who has BLU) Just triboxed it BLU, GEO, RUN. Savage Blade all day!

~Bunch o Edits
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-02-12 03:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

/ma "phalanx" <me>

With FC trait(30) and gifts(+8 max) the FC is capped, only 6 lines are used, and spell gets cast in potency set.

That only applies to rdm unfortunately, for merlinic jobs other than rdm, I think the best you can do is merlin hood(15) + jubbah(13) + feet(12) + ambu cape(10) for 65 with /rdm. Geo can get a little more with AF pants.

I personally think it's good enough for most spells but if you wanna use quick or guarantee capped FC you need to hit two macros.
By Afania 2017-02-12 03:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Afania said: »

/ma "phalanx" <me>

That only applies to rdm unfortunately, for merlinic jobs other than rdm, I think the best you can do is merlin hood(15) + jubbah(13) + feet(12) + ambu cape(10) for 65 with /rdm. Geo can get a little more with AF pants.

I personally think it's good enough for most spells but if you wanna use quick or guarantee capped FC you need to hit two macros.

I haven't look into other jobs since I don't play them. But for low casting time spells 65% or 80% doesn't make any difference tbh. IMO it's spells like stoneskin, T5/6 nukes that makes a difference with max FC. All these spells takes longer than 1 sec to cast so I suppose using 2 equipset with /wait 1 between them works too.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-12 04:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to take your word that it works, since I'm not playing anymore and am allergic to launching this game without Windower.

Neat. A bit silly to base your example on -the- fast cast job, but I get your point.

BLM, for instance, would have

15 head with 7% augment
12 feet with 7% augment
13 body with 7% augment (there's some other 13% bodies though)
10 cape with 10% augment
spell
equipset

15% from /rdm, 8% from (ele casting time, no direct fast cast gifts)

so 73% for blm nukes and 65% for BLM for general casting if you really ride Oseem. Other jobs will have a more difficult time reaching this number.

BLM/SCH would be 50-58% (only really used for Death though and Death may not be in a great spot at the moment). SCH/RDM would be 65% excluding stratagems. Right?

Edit: Fast cast isn't a concern for Death, but for instance, BLMs aoeing Wynavs or nuking a regular element during TR.

A second macro needs to be hit after the casting round (mb window is over) which isn't usually a a terrible deal for mages but is a bigger deal for "combat casters" (BLU, DRK, PLD, NIN, etc - BLU can get fast cast 5 but rarely will have it set, and herculean only has FC on head and gains no gifts like BLM's Elemental Celerity.)

Just remember to hit the idle/tp macro every time it's due (like, after the MB window is done).

So it seems like WSs are all that's left to suffer, but at least all that can be done in one macro. The only ones in danger there would be tanks, or dd-tankable content.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-02-12 05:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM has no trouble at all with nuking since they get 30% from elemental celerity
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-02-12 06:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use an equipset and a txt document there is no need for a wait between the sets or to be less than 80% fc. That's what I usually do for spells that are faster than 1 second. If you have multiple augmented items you can also make sure txt always equips your fastcast gear by having it in your inventory and the other items in your wardrobes.

Phalanx is faster than 1 second so I use:
/equipset 30 (fastcast)
/ma phalanx <me>
/console exec smn/enhance.txt

or

/console exec smn/fc.txt
/ma phalanx <me>
/equipset 33 (enhancing skill)
it starts casting phalanx in my fastcast set and immediately swaps to enhancing gear with no delay.

Stoneskin works fine with 2 equipsets so I use:
/equipset 30 (fastcast)
/ma stoneskin <me>
/wait 1

I also keybind my fastcast set to quickly cast things from the menu. It allows me to equip my fastcast set even if my magic menu is open which I wouldn't normally be able to do because I cant use macros with the menu open (and i'm too lazy to type equipsets each time lol). This is mainly for casting things like raise, dia, elementals for siphon, sneak/invis etc... basically anything that does not need potency.

Placing this in my Init.txt keybinds my fastcast and idle sets:
bind ^a input /equipset 30; input /echo Fastcast set equipped.;
bind !a input /equipset 16; input /echo Idle movement set equipped.;
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-12 06:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Killing Onycophora with THF/SAMs and COR/SMNs and a tank is pretty tame and should be just as easy as before, ftr.

AFAIK SE forces a packet delay (half a second) between each macro line, so there is an implied <wait 0.5> on each line. They don't actually need to do this, but they do it anyway.
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2017-02-12 07:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

i havnt used equipsets since they have been released, im assuming theres a delay between being able to equip them, but couldnt u just potentially do

/equipset xx (equip fastcast, add wait for equipset delay)
/wait 1
/ma "w/e" (cast w/e)
/equipset xx (equip potency gear)

this way u can equip a full FC set and still get the potency, and even if u have to put a wait 2,3,4 if you are really bothered about equipping a full FC set at least you can.

Tested with full FC set, wait 1 ,cast , full potency set for a brd song and it works perfect

edit: tried without the wait 1, and it would not equip the potency set, but wait 1 is so quick its barely noticeable and at least u dont have to write a 6 line macro with /equip slot lines, u can make use of a full FC set.
i have to say im quiet impressed at how well it works, ive been using spellcast since the 75 days and never used vanilla macroes since. its nice to see SE made a good effort at emulating the 3rd party stuff well, it will never do what gearswap and lua can but damn this is prety good.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2017-02-12 07:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ewellina said: »
i havnt used equipsets since they have been released, im assuming theres a delay between being able to equip them, but couldnt u just potentially do

/equipset xx <wait 1> (equip fastcast, add wait for equipset delay)
/ma "w/e" (cast w/e)

this way u can equip a full FC set and still get the potency, and even if u have to put a wait 2,3,4 if you are really bothered about equipping a full FC set at least you can.

Tested with full FC set, wait 1 ,cast , full potency set for a brd song and it works perfect

edit: tried without the wait 1, and it would not equip the potency set, but wait 1 is so quick its barely noticeable and at least u dont have to write a 6 line macro without /equip slot lines, u can make use of a full FC set.
i have to say im quiet impressed at how well it works, ive been using spellcast since the 75 days and never used vanilla macroes since. its nice to see SE made a good effort at emulating the 3rd party stuff well, it will never do what gearswap and lua can but damn this is prety good.
Can use <wait 0>.
0 is supported, 1+ is normal, decimals are not.
But weirdly 0.n is always rounded up to 1. (Not sure about higher decimals as I've never seen a reason to bother.)
EDIT:
Asura.Chiaia said: »
Actually it seems it is truncated to 0. Testing by Martel in 2014.
I had missed Martel's more recent test.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-02-12 08:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

/equipset xx (equip fastcast, add wait for equipset delay)
/wait 1
/ma "w/e" (cast w/e)

edit: tried without the wait 1, and it would not equip the potency set, but wait 1 is so quick its barely noticeable and at least u dont have to write a 6 line macro with /equip slot lines, u can make use of a full FC set.

The thing is, the wait 1 is possibly longer than the time you gain with the extra FC depending on your set.

Compare a 5 second cast spell (longest you would ever need to use equip+equipset macros for since anything longer than 5 it's safe to use double equipset macros).

5*.2 = 1 sec to cast
5*.35 = 1.75 sec to cast

so the full FC cast is actually .25 sec slower after including the wait 1. Any spell shorter than 5 seconds it's even worse to use wait 1.

It is definitely more of a pain to maintain but I find that wait 1 really annoying personally, especially since if you do something like open inventory or anything it screws up the macro.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2017-02-12 08:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Killing Onycophora with THF/SAMs and COR/SMNs and a tank is pretty tame and should be just as easy as before, ftr.

What's the point in using COR/SMN for Onycophora? Is it to mew right before you SA/TA so you don't accidentally do it while he uses a TP move?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2017-02-12 08:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I was actually thinking of Erinys, but we use it for the worm too. Just spam Mew and watch for mode changes. One good SMN or 2-3 COR/SMNs or something can keep it pretty well locked down, I think.

Tank tanks it. THFs go up and SA/TA WS it. CORs help them get TP back and uses Mewing Lullaby. Wash, rinse, repeat. It's all about how good your THFs are, but I think we've downed it in 10 minutes using this strat.

Same strat works for Erinys, but much faster because you don't have to avoid absorbs.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-12 09:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

/equipset xx <wait 1> (equip fastcast, add wait for equipset delay)
/ma "w/e" (cast w/e)

edit: tried without the wait 1, and it would not equip the potency set, but wait 1 is so quick its barely noticeable and at least u dont have to write a 6 line macro without /equip slot lines, u can make use of a full FC set.
Can use <wait 0>.
0 is supported, 1+ is normal, decimals are not.
But weirdly 0.n is always rounded up to 1. (Not sure about higher decimals as I've never seen a reason to bother.)
Funny enough we had this discussion in my LS the other day.
Actually it seems it is truncated to 0. Testing by Martel in 2014.
[+]
By Verda 2017-02-12 09:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Lex, good to know that nuke setups still work for Zerde and Teles, wondering how you fare on Albumen.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-02-12 09:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Brixy said: »
Phalanx is faster than 1 second so I use:
/equipset 30 (fastcast)
/ma phalanx <me>
/console exec smn/enhance.txt

Thanks. I tried and it worked, but;

Quote:
/console exec smn/fc.txt
/ma phalanx <me>
it starts casting phalanx in my fastcast set and immediately swaps to enhancing gear with no delay.

It didn't work this way. It is fine when the "equipset" set is the first one and the ".txt" set follows, but not the other way around.

Edit: Sometimes, the former setup doesn't work either. It isn't really reliable.

Edit:
/equipset xx <wait 1>(fast cast)
/ma "..." <...>
/equipset yy (potency)

This setup doesn't work either. Strangely enough, the potency line works, but not the fast cast one...

Edit:
The most reliable setup appears to be (at least for me);
/equipset xx (fast cast)
/ma "..." <...>
/equip slot1 "..."
/equip slot2 "..."
/equip slot3 "..."
/equip slot4 "..."
 Odin.Ewellina
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2017-02-12 10:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

try
/equipset xx (fast cast)
/wait 1
/ma "..." <...>
/equipset yy (potency)

/equipset has a subcommand u can add at the end, so u can check if it equips

/equipset xx echo
/wait 1
/ma "..." <...>
/equipset yy echo

i think thats possibly why the <wait 1> on the same line as equipset would not work.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2017-02-12 10:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

try
/equipset xx (fast cast)
/wait 1
/ma "..." <...>
/equipset yy (potency)

/equipset has a subcommand u can add at the end, so u can check if it equips

/equipset xx echo
/wait 1
/ma "..." <...>
/equipset yy echo

i think thats possibly why the <wait 1> on the same line as equipset would not work.

Nope. I tried with and without echo subcommand. It says the sets are equipped in order, but the fast cast bonus does NOT kick in.
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2017-02-12 10:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shouldn't all the discussion about gear equip timing have its own thread by now?

The group of people I do Aeonics with had already made the switch to Melee Teles before the patch and I expect the changes to make it even easier. I am glad to see Zerde is still doable with mage strategy. I just hope I get to be the RDM in my group.

If it turns out that Macc Merlinic is rhe new go to for these strategies it'll be interesting to see if the Reisenjima stones see an increase in price.
[+]
By Verda 2017-02-12 11:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quendi210 said: »
The group of people I do Aeonics with had already made the switch to Melee Teles before the patch and I expect the changes to make it even easier. I am glad to see Zerde is still doable with mage strategy. I just hope I get to be the RDM in my group.

We had as well, and actually did it again last night with melee zerg. It was easier to meet the accuracy requirements, I ate attack food for the first time ever on t4. The fight itself was however, much more difficult than before and it all came down to Vex/Attune. Before using a non Idris for Vex/Attune in the tank party was enough to make the fight pretty easy. Now however, that got us all killed, we still won but had to hold and recover and then kill the last 10%.

Basically, I suggest to Saboteur Addle 2, and make sure to use Vex/Attune from an idris and you should be fine. Typically we kill it in about 4 mins with 18 people melee setup, this took much longer due to recovery but if vex attune from idris + rdm addle 2 works then it would be even easier than before.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-02-12 11:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you were able to get away with attack food, stands to reason you could also get away with miso ramen. Might help make up the difference.
[+]
By Verda 2017-02-12 12:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya that's true, kinda saving that as a last resort tho idk maybe that's just me D:
By Chyula 2017-02-12 12:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

2500 hbp from idris and se nerfed geo, f u se. how about nerfing ghorn and 4 songs next when I dump a few hundred mil making those. sigh.......
By Verda 2017-02-12 12:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, people wanted to bring brd and rdm so now there's reasons to do so. You still need GEO so I'd see no reason to not finish Idris. Just Soul Voice Bard gives over 500 acc and 600 attack now. (527 and 1271 attack unless I don't understand the new rules for bard potency correctly).

Mad1: 45 * 1.9 * 2 = 171
Honor: 42 * 1.4 * 2 = 117
Mad2: 60 * 1.9 * 2 = 228

527 accuracy (doesn't include merits)

Min1: 124 * 1.7 * 2 = 421
Honor: 168 * 1.4 * 2 = 470
Min2: 112 * 1.7 * 2 = 380

1271 attack

That combined with the combat stats reduction reducing evasion by 68 more on apex bats for example, ya things easier to hit than ever. But you'll want addle2 or silence now from RDM for a lot of melee setups on top of idris vex/attune, or at least nocturne.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2017-02-12 16:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We did Kirin and Warder of Courage yesterday without any acc food on and had capped accuracy, pretty sure we were attack capped also. Kirin was no trouble but one of our biggest issues was being constantly stunned from the vex/attune nerf on WoC. I think it would be worth carrying around Miso Ramen or other defensive foods on your DDs now.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-12 16:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Between Barthundra and Idris Bolster Vex and Entrust Attunement, we got rid of that stun problem on WoC.
By Lexouritis 2017-02-12 16:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, seems like it's just easier/more efficient to melee these things. It's nothing like needing the crazy accuracy requirements for WoC/Helms before that enemy evasion patch a few months ago. Beating WoC melee style was almost as hard as Tumult during the summer.....so we just blew everything up lol.

As Brixy said, ***is easy to hit now, I think my PLD needed only 1450~ acc to cap on Onycophora when we nuked it the other day....Joke easy to attain in Escha.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15