Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Starting WAR gearsets
Starting WAR gearsets
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-03-21 09:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt worry, if your a very good dd, and your being outdone by your ls drks, thats a good sign because it means they are also good :D 2 good dd > 1 good dd. Now with that said, even with MS its still close for that '25%' because drk also has a 1hr lol. A wise drk will abuse your warcry timer also with his 1hr :D

Most drks that get aww strucked by a war during MS its because they forgot they also have a very powerful 1hr. You basically swing for 1k tp a swing with it, or better to say, you have a 2hit build haha. I love seeing a 70k~ reso (50k is more realistic at 1k warcry), but my drk will have 1k tp more in that same time frame, so it balances out quickly. When we can ws more frequent for a little less max dmg. I havent been out dd yet by a war (current state), but that doesnt mean I couldnt - they def have a potential to compete. The issue lies in the fact that they buff my dps more than they do theirs during warcry due to having a faster avg ws, thus drk making more of the warcry buff. So I love war in my pty as a dd, I think most other jobs feel the same way.

This is wars reason though they warrant a DD spot so dont be worry. While you may only provide the best dps in the game for 30 sec per hour, thats still great and a good enough reason to bring a war to any hard zerg fight. Add to that the potent pty buffs of warcry and brazen... and the fact every fight you should have a revitalizer... well war can add alot of dps for others. This is cool and something a drk doesnt do as nicely (just can give huge -stats to mob).

A good party is one with multiple types of DD's not just a one glove fits all. I love to have war and drg with my drk, because warcry+angon just melts stuff, thfs are nice because the TA ws's allows me to not have to hold back as much, sam are cool bc I can sc super easy with them, blu for the MG and -def spells, rdm melee bc then im sure to have haste2 for 9mins+ :D same for a melee cor (rolls are amazing), dnc (steps etc can be cool addition), etc. Any player will add something cool on any job if they know wtf theya re doing. Yes, even mnk! Chi blast and mantra are cool, I like riding 3000 hp base and I am sure others dds do too for fights because a dead dd, does no dmg and theres alot of moves that do 2k~ hp which will kill most damaged dds. The question is always the same though, will x-job add enough benefit to bring? Cor is a clear yes, mnk a softer no lol. The rest kinda fall in between, but still overly useful and wars at the top.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-21 12:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So much wrong with these statements...

Warcry is 60s with 5 min recast, very useful for TP spam on WS's that scale with TP. Blood Rage is +40% Crit, 60s with 5 min recast and useful for doing more melee damage or powering up Crit WS's. Mighty Strikes is 60s (relic exists) and is pretty silly damage, Brazen Rush is 100% DA that diminish's over 30s yet with WAR's natural DA you won't be under 100%. Brazen's lower duration and the fact that WAR already has a *** ton of DA makes it kinda meh but whatever.

What I can tell is that Sandra is getting his(her) *** kicked by a DRK and thinks that using a weaker WS will fix the issue? Right...

Ukko's Fury sucks right now, largely due to it's poor scaling and low fTP . It's 80% STR which is nice, two hits and only 2.0 + 1.0 for their fTP . WAR will average at least one DA so 2.0 + 1.0 + 1.0 with half criting. WSD only effects that first 2.0 and does nothing for the additional hits. Multi-Attack will add extra hits that can crit but they will only be +1.0 regular hits. Upheaval suffers from a similar problem, the first hits fTP scales up with TP but all the extra hits don't which reduces the effectiveness of WSD stacking unless your at 2K or so.
[+]
 Asura.Madotsukii
user: Madotsuki
By Asura.Madotsukii 2017-03-23 14:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
For Reso? STR +30 Atk/Acc +20 DA +10

For Upheaval it's VIT Acc / Atk and then DA or WSD depending on your weapon and how much TP you WS in.

What are the other cape ideals? DEX+20/Acc&Atk+20/DA+10 for TP'ing or Store TP+10? STR+20/Acc&Atk+20/Crit Rate+10% for Ukko's?

Trying to work on WAR stuff on the side, planning to afterglow my old Ragnarok eventually since it's already at the final Pluton stage. Also contemplating bringing Ukon up as well with Voidwatch event going on.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-23 15:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD is probably always going to be better for Upheaval. Especially so with Chango.

Ukon vs Chango is probably a toss up.

DMG+4, Delay+2, White Damagex2 and STR+50
vs
Magic Damage+155, Upheaval fTP+1.475, King's Justice fTP+1.0 and STP+10

EDIT: Quick non-indepth math says Ukon wins handily, even with a 80:20 WS/WD split.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-03-23 18:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
White Damagex1.5
I don't know what your WS set numbers look like, but this part is incorrect. You already do 100% damage on a melee swing, AM3 is 300%, so it adds 200%. A 50% chance at +200% damage would give you an average of x2 damage on auto attacks, not 1.5.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-03-23 18:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh. Wow, how the hell did I mess that up?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [435 days between previous and next post]
By axetofall 2018-06-01 22:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, this is useful
By axetofall 2018-06-01 22:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah ***435 days? Is this info obsolete now?
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2018-06-01 22:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

LMAO thats a good necro.

Edit: also yes alot of this is outdated, check main war thread for more current stuffs.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-02 00:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

axetofall said: »

Well depends how easy it is to get basic stuff. This was never a "uber" gear guide but a basic list of stuff a starting newbie WAR with little to no access to resources could reasonably obtain. So update the ambu stuff to +2 and it's basically the same, maybe replace the delve earrings with Brutal + Cessance. There should be minimal gil investment involved.
[+]
By axetofall 2018-06-02 01:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
axetofall said: »

Well depends how easy it is to get basic stuff. This was never a "uber" gear guide but a basic list of stuff a starting newbie WAR with little to do access to resources could reasonable obtain. So update the ambu stuff to +2 and it's basically the same, maybe replace the delve earrings with Brutal + Cessance. There should be minimal gil investment involved.

Yeah it still helped point me in the general direction. I was full plebamungus still in sparks gear. Got some Flamma pieces from ambuscade and the rest I'll start working on over time.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-02 02:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The only part I'm conflicted about is the weapon. A fully unlocked Minos is around 3mil and something like an Hepatizon Axe is only 100K. Minos is a *** ton of accuracy, which is extremely useful for a starting player who won't have super gear or job points yet and doesn't require Su2 access. As the WAR gets better gear and higher job points the Minos fades out and can be replaced by a number of very good non-REMA options.s

So is the ~3mil justified when it's going to be replaced? Can the player use a different job like GEO/COR/BRD/WHM/ect.. to get some of that other gear and bypass the need for a starting weapon?
By axetofall 2018-06-02 03:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Picked up a Hepatizon regardless since it's so cheap. Til then I'm using a baseline Minos.