So Um... Question!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » So um... Question!
So um... Question!
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-09-20 23:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I was doing Nyzul a few minutes ago.. and I DCed.. I don't know why, My connection is working fine, and my friend sitting right next to me didn't DC... but now When I try to log in, I can't. I can log in to my other characters, but not the one I was using. When I select her the loading screen goes by, and when it reaches the black screen that says downloading, it doesn't go any farther.

Should I call a GM? I've never DCed from Nyzul before but this doesn't seem normal.
 Remora.Ninian
Server: Remora
user: Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-09-20 23:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You might've had a .dat error. Try when loading up POL do file check (or something like that...) before you even log into any character. I've had ilrusi atoll and other areas crash on me. Try it.... otherwise I'm not sure :s Some areas cause players to DC and this has been noted in the past, and I don't think there's anything you can do about it.
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-09-20 23:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just tried that, no problems, and its still not letting me log into her.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-09-20 23:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh that's weird... the zone's crashing you I think, but it might not be on your side. I heard of some weird things where certain zones give people R0s, I'm not sure if that's what you're having. Maybe have a friend log into you and move you? Assuming you can trust someone with your information.
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-09-20 23:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That might be a good idea. I'm sitting in PoL waiting on someone to talk to right now. Sigh. Lol.
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-09-20 23:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had that happen in nyzul before too.
It is pretty wierd.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-09-20 23:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

:< Did you see if the friend sitting next to you can get into your account? Could be your ISP or something :s
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-09-20 23:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'ma see if he'll do that for me now. The GM was of absolutely no help. Lol.
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-09-20 23:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I've had R0 issues before (still not sure what happened) and they weren't helpful. If your friend can't get on maybe try someone you trust from the game to log on and move you so you can continue playing if it is in fact zone problem (caused from whatever.)
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-09-20 23:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, at least I got her *** out of Nyzul. Thanks for the help, she's loggin' in now.
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-09-20 23:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I Live!!! Thanks for the suggestion.. :3
 Remora.Ninian
By Remora.Ninian 2009-09-20 23:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

^^ Try to avoid going back in there for a while :<
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-09-20 23:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Will do.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2009-09-21 07:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

THat happened to me in Grauberg [S] for about a month. anytime i zoned in I would DC. Would take about an hour of spamming login to get logged on and move a few feet towards the zoneline before dcing again before i finally zoned out.oeuf!
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-22 11:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a fair chance this isn't related, but once when my computer had a nasty virus, FFXI would randomly crash on me when my character entered certain areas. I could log back in, move my character back a couple steps and be fine, but step over that line again and I'd crash again. I logged back in a hell of a lot of times, and could actually map out really defined areas that would make me crash if I stepped into them. Pretty weird lol.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-09-22 11:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a problem with the lobby server(I think). If I DC it often takes 5 min or more for the lobby server to actually kick that character off so I can log it back in again.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-22 11:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah but he said he also logged into his other characters, which I assume are on the same account, that usually fixes that issue.
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-09-22 11:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Used to happen to me really badly after one update in many zones. I called it "zone d/c" and I'd be unable to log back in on the same character.

I actually have a screenshot somewhere of my account being "online" in the linkshell with 2 different characters at the same time because of this, making an apparent time/space paradox rivaling that of Superman and Clark Kent.