Question About Dynamis...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Question about Dynamis...
Question about Dynamis...
 Sylph.Aakura
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Aakura
By Sylph.Aakura 2009-09-20 09:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I joined a new dynamis ls that started back in July. When the ls was formed, we did the usual running around talking to other Dyna leaders, asking which was the prefer Dyna calender used to schedule our turns in Dyna etc... Well everything ran smoothly all summer, everyone played nicely, taking turns, informing each other how much time was remaining. Then the school season started and all of a sudden Dyna ls's started appearing out of the blue jumping ls spots.

Okay. We do understand that Dyna is a first come first serve basis. So instead of arguing with the ls that jumped us, we would sit there for the next couple of hours waiting our turn until the next dyna ls shows up and reminds us its their ls turn. Of course in turn, we had to cancel dyna run because we don't want to cause any problems for the other ls's. This has happened four times in the last two weeks. Now we are arriving an hour early to use the "first come first serve" rule. Only to have another ls appear out of the blue and stride up to the Trail markings and start spamming so they can claim the dyna spot.

After getting into a little heated exchange with the other ls leader (We shouldn't have, I know but after the last two weeks...), we were told it's "first come, first serve" O.o So my question is, What does "First come, First Serve" mean? Apparantly the calendar doesn't work, sitting and waiting outside a trail marking for a chance to enter doesn't work, what in the heck are we suppose to do?

We are just regular players, who would like a chance to play in Dyna. Now with whats been happening, members are starting to leave our shell. We don't want to cause a scene, start fights, finger point. Just want to play. Any advice?
[+]
 Hades.Cheyne
Server: Hades
user: Cheyne
By Hades.Cheyne 2009-09-20 10:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Aakura said:
Any advice?

User submitted image

My advice. The Ultra Balls, throw them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
Server: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2009-09-20 10:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

When another ls shows up and takes our dynamis (the kind of ls that doesn't respect that another ls was gathering before them), we just switch to another location instead of cancelling. It's about all you can do unfortunately.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-20 10:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

If people are content to play dirty, you can't fight cleanly and win. If all your competing dyna LS's are co-operative and all use the same calender and arrange runs around each other, then all is good.

But you simply have no control over the jackass LS's that just don't give a ***. You basically have four options:

1: Get there before them - probably not an option, you do dynamis at a certain time for a reason
2: Wait for them to finish - probably not an option, you can't sit around all night waiting for a zone to clear up, and you may also have someone else needing to enter behind you.
3: Cancel Dynamis - certainly an option, but not exactly what you'd call a resolution.
4: Do a different run - Your best option. If your zone has been jacked, there are 5 other options open to you, 9(?) if you include CoP areas. Some of these might already be taken, and some of them might just not be what you need. Some of them you might also be treading on another LS's toes if you take it, but they're your options nonetheless.

Sometimes it only takes one or two LS's that ignore the calender to screw it up for everyone, which can easily turn the whole thing into a free-for-all. If you continue to try and respect every other shells "designation" when this happens you're just going to end up cancelling a ***-load of runs.

It sucks, but that's how it is. There's nothing in the ToS that says you have to use the dynamis calender, simply put, first person to trade an hourglass to the trail markings has claim over that zone, and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it, except try not to waste the night by doing a different zone.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-20 10:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhhh, the benefits of playing on a less popular server. :D

Why don't you just find another Dyna to enter? or even better, just enter at a different time. There's no rule that says you HAVE to do Dyna in the evening. There's 4 different areas you can do without the key items. They can't ALL be camped every day since there is a lockout period.
[+]
 Sylph.Aakura
Server: Sylph
user: Aakura
By Sylph.Aakura 2009-09-20 10:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for your replies. As for doing dyna at a certain time, the ls is primarily made up of players who work/attend school during the day. Also most of us haven't attended dyna before joining this ls, so most of us need City wins.

We did try to attend city dynas but as metioned earlier... that usually means stepping on toes. This is most discouraging. We just wanted our ls members to have fun and be able to attend an event they wouldn't normally be able to.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-20 10:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The fact that most of you need city wins limits what other runs you can do, but you've still got 3 other options should your run be taken. Honestly, if it's a case of step on someone elses toes or cancel the run, I'd step on someone elses toes.

If they *** at you, apologise, plead ignorance, and /point at the douchebags in your zone.

The pleading ignorance part will only work so many times, but the other two parts are always good.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-20 10:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're just a small handful of people, then I guess you could always ask another LS if you could go with them. You'd still get a chance to do Dyna and you can let them pay for the hourglass and fighting to get in the zone :D

There's only like 8 people in my main social LS and that's what we do. It works out nicely for us, we get to go, and they get extra bodies to clear mobs.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-20 10:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

But how do you organise drops? I mean, if you need the win for that zone then sure, but you can get access to every single dynamis zone (excluding Tav) in a grand total of 5 runs. So what then?
[+]
 Hades.Kylos
Server: Hades
user: Kylos
By Hades.Kylos 2009-09-20 13:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This has happened a lot for my linkshell, its usually a Japanese pickup party that uses a different calender, or just does not use a calender at all, this usually ends up with us having to wait for them to finish, or we have to look for another zone.

One day we were meant to do windurst, but it was taken by japanese, we went to beaucedine, but a linkshell was already gathering there, we had just done bastok the day before, i really did not want to do a sandoria, and jeuno and xarcabard was taken, this has happened 3 times where we pretty much had to go do a random Buburimu, because ill refuse to do a random Qufim or Valkurm as they are harder to clear and cant farm as much.

Sometimes yes we have had to pick a different zone, and step on someone elses toes, having other ls leaders having a go at myself and members in the ls for stealing their zone, and all we can say is, well our zone was stolen, we chose to come here, tough luck we are already in and didnt know you scheduled to come here.

I really do hate the system, SE should have made it ages ago, where there is an ingame booking system which will be fair and cannot be played with, and if anyone does then a GM can be involved and cancel someones booking, but the game is old now, and they would rather focus on bringing out new things like level sync, so people can exploit that with SMN burn partys, then sort out the old problems, like xboxs crashing at the end of besieged, and of course linkshells fighting over dynamis/limbus zones.

This has been a very old argument that many players got tired of years ago, because SE will never listen to their fan base because basically, they suck lol and have no sense of communication between departments in their company to make things run smoother, which is usually why GMs are pretty much useless, all you can do is have a rant at them, but they will do nothing for you, and then if you offer advice to the special task force, you wont get a reply, not any type of confirmation that your suggesstion has been dealt with.

When it all comes down to it, if your zone is stolen, get into another zone ASAP before another ls shows up and takes it from you.

The End, lol
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-20 14:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The absolute lowest common denominator of the current system is indeed "first come, first serve". If all other arrangements such as calendars or /randoming for zone fail then you're stuck. If you're intent on doing the zone you've planned for you must impress upon your members to show up on time, if not a little earlier. [ie. gather 5:40, enter 6:00] Once you have what you consider the bare minimum enter immediately and leave a glass mule outside for stragglers.

If you do manage to find a system to stop people from being *** on the internet please let us know.
[+]
 Asura.Xed
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Xed 2009-09-20 14:46:24
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Sammitch said:
If you do manage to find a system to stop people from being *** on the internet please let us know.

User submitted image

There is your solution... System would most likely involve provoking said *** to a quiet corner.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-20 14:54:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Kylos. The issue is that it really is too late to do anything. Any calender they implement is going to just be a massive pain in the ***, and you'll end up with people camping the calender instead of camping the zone.

Dynamis really should have been instanced, but it's a little late for that. Instancing is done by putting the same geometry in the zone 3 (or more for ToAU) times, and then each party is just sent to a different arena within the same zone. Dynamis is the only event that has a zone-wide lotting system (I'm tired, correct me if I'm wrong on this one), so instancing it would totally screw with the entire coding for that.

On top of that, they'd also have up to 192 people in the one zone, as well as 3x the geometry.

Long story short, it should have been instanced, but every single aspect of instancing would have to be handled differently for dynamis. It's just not worth the work.
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2009-09-20 15:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah linkshells should co-op dynamis more. It would be cool to go in with 64 deep. Also I've noticed that going later or earlier than NA prime time usually means a wider selection of zones.
[+]
 Asura.Xed
Server: Asura
user:
By Asura.Xed 2009-09-20 18:15:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Someone rated down every post but two lol.. On an OT note. That's internet rage right there.