Forum » FFXI » General » Inside the Belly problem
Inside the Belly problem
 Valefor.Magicker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Magicker
By Valefor.Magicker 2009-09-20 02:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I am trying to do the "Inside the Belly" quest in selbina, and it's not working.

When i talk to Zaldon, he tells me something about running a side business, or to talk to some other NPC just across the room.

I've already completed "Under The Sea", "The Gift", "The Real Gift" and "The Sand Charm", getting the sleep dagger and the glass fiber fishing rod.

What else do i have to do to be able to do this quest?
 Fairy.Raikan
Server: Fairy
user: Squitt
By Fairy.Raikan 2009-09-20 02:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Talk:Inside_the_Belly

There seems to be a lot of conflicting stories about the exact requirements. Maybe you'll see something in there that helps you out or gives you an idea of what to try.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-20 02:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you ranked up your fishing since you got it to 28? That will make a difference. Also not sure if I ever talked to him I just trade so not sure what he says
 Ramuh.Bekisa
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-09-20 03:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

have you tried raise your fame for Selbina? Many moons ago when I did this I was able to get it as soon as I hit 28 fishing with : Only thing I can think I might have done without trying would be I traded items to the sheep in town for bastok fame, way before I started fishing. A npc in rabao tells you your fame for rabao/selbina if I remember correctly.

sorry if anything is a little off on my post, haven't played in a few months :)