Leviathin Pros And Cons?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Leviathin pros and cons?
Leviathin pros and cons?
 Odin.Vespario
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Vespario
By Odin.Vespario 2009-09-19 18:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking about transferring servers. I'm currently on Odin and tired of no mules, the abundance of JP ONRY when looking for parties, and a lot of prices are going through the roof (not in my favor). Pretty much all of my friends are quiting and LS's are falling apart >.< From what I gather I think Leviathin's economy will work for me. Anyway, and heads up info on this server or any other for that matter would be appreciated =)
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-09-19 19:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well in my opinion levi has the right number of ppl on it, not too crowded but not empty enough so you can't get things done.

Economy isn't so bad, i've looked around and there are a few servers where stuff is cheaper but overall things are pretty stable (except the price of hagun dropping down 600k from when i bought it /rant).

There's a number of long running well established LS's here, but RMT /tells galore... one thing you might not miss about odin.

As for parties it depends what time you play, plenty of NA ppl around though.

There is also 1 or 2 pet ls's your pup could probably join lol
 Bahamut.Rydiya
Server: Bahamut
user: Rydiya
By Bahamut.Rydiya 2009-09-19 19:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

<.< Well that explains why Starcade is so pissy about RMT..
 Leviathan.Annanaki
user: annanaki
By Leviathan.Annanaki 2009-09-19 19:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

*** starcade. I wish asura would take him back(at least i think thats where he came from but whatever).

Basically what celestinia said. Levi is somewhat jp heavy but again, plenty of NA players to go around.
Other than that, leviathan is a pretty quiet place. Lots of mostly friendly people and not a whole lot of drama really.
That's why I like it here^^;
[+]
 Leviathan.Scid
By Leviathan.Scid 2009-09-19 20:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Not enough drama.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-19 21:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate to tell you, but looking at your current jobs levels, you're not going to be able to get into any end games lses. They all want at least 2 75 jobs, one of which must be a mage job. Sometimes you can slide by that, but it's kind of a pain.

There's always lots of people on JP and NA, but if you serious about getting CoP done or ToAU, don't hold your breath!

As far as little stuff though like nation mission or quests and such that don't take too much time, people are usually good for that.

With regards to partying, except to level sync a lot, or solo.

So basically, unless you want to spend a lot of time leveling a bunch of jobs, there's not too much for you here as far as anything spectacular.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-19 22:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think a server switch is going to change anything. Finish war or sch and you'll probably find your end-game experiences improve quite a bit. Odin is still one of the biggest servers, so if you're finding it hard to find parties it's only going to be worse on other servers.
 Odin.Vespario
user: Vespario
By Odin.Vespario 2009-09-19 23:49:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info people ^^ SCH is what I'm working on now, PUP is pretty much done except for some merits, and I'll finish WAR eventually. As far as endgame, not really too interested. My work schedule makes it impossible to really coordinate with an LS. I had a very nice Dynamis LS, but it seems to be falling apart now. I'll probably make the switch.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2009-09-20 18:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan is great, because I'm on it.

Well, with regards to what other people said, I think Leviathan is all fine and dandy. Learn Japanese and you'll be fine.
 Remora.Mataniah
Server: Remora
user: Mataniah
By Remora.Mataniah 2009-09-20 19:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Vespario said:
Thinking about transferring servers. I'm currently on Odin and tired of no mules, the abundance of JP ONRY when looking for parties, and a lot of prices are going through the roof (not in my favor). Pretty much all of my friends are quiting and LS's are falling apart >.< From what I gather I think Leviathin's economy will work for me. Anyway, and heads up info on this server or any other for that matter would be appreciated =)

If you're looking to Downsize and do more NM's (not offten as camped but easier to get cause of less pll + campers) I'd suggest remora. The market here is fair, and cheap in most cases. However our max pop barely breaks 1.3k on the weekeneds, durning the week, we're mostly sometimes barely over 900+. Easy to get pt's, a lot of ppl do AB here.