First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63
 Asura.Warusha
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2017-07-18 17:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I've seen people mentioning completing the floor objective during the time limit for limited objectives. Was it stated somewhere that this actually increases card count? Was a test conducted to support this? The ingame text doesn't indicate that floor objective is tied to the timer, and I've gotten cards for finishing floor objective even after the timer expired.

I generally complete 11/11 objectives when not going the Ou path, and am rewarded with 3 cards(6 during event, ofc). People are talking about getting 8, is the difference just from finishing the floor objectives slow or are all the 8 card runs on Ou path?

I regularly get 4 cards on card farm runs(ou path). I believe there is a hidden counter for total kills. I don't believe the speed in which the primary objective is completed is relevant to card acquisition. I believe that people are primarily mentioning 8 card runs from Ou path. I've received up to 9 cards from Ou path - three times since campaign began, but never 5 cards on Ou path before the campaign. I've not received more than 7 cards(barring bonus floors) on non - Ou path this campaign period.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-07-18 18:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to believe the hidden kills counter thing, now I'm a bit uncertain.
Don't forget than on the Ou path on the third floor each monster has a (very low) chance to drop a card.
Happens only on that floor as far as we know.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-18 18:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Er, what? I thought the general consensus that the 3rd floor on Ou path had gradual card credit for killing normal monsters, not that each mob had a low chance of dropping a card on its own.

If it was just random like that, we'd be seeing reports of people getting way more or less cards than usual (like 2 for a full Ou clear, or 10 on a full clear without campaign).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-18 18:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The wiki page for omen and what omens fully represent are incomplete. The theory is that after a certain amount of omens, you get a free card. However, third floor of ou path provides no omens for kills, yet you can still earn a free card off of normal kills. So there is no evidence to support omens = cards, but rather there is a chance or a counter that tallies up and provides cards from killing normal monsters

The evidence of this is in the campaign language itself. It says that there is a higher chance of obtaining cards from normal monsters, so one of the above mentioned theories has to be correct. Either way, who cares what the formula is, you should always be killing every monster as fast as possible regardless of the objective.

The current belief is that you get additional credit for clearing the floor objective faster than the time limit, which holds higher weight and more potential for cards than not finishing expeditiously. I can't empirically prove this, but I do know i get less cards when I don't finish objectives quickly. I'm off the unproven belief that there is a bonus being applied to either omens or card potential simply by completing objectives faster. But I have nothing to show for it because omens are as mysterious as the name implies.
 Odin.Geriond
By Odin.Geriond 2017-07-18 19:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

SE themselves said that the 3rd floor on the Ou path is unique in that killing normal enemies gives cards, meaning that killing mobs on other floors does nothing for cards by itself.

Also, over hundreds of runs I've never gotten a card from killing a normal mob on a floor other than the big one when it didn't coincide with a completed objective.
By clearlyamule 2017-07-18 20:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've also personally tested hitting no objectives or only hitting clears for a few weeks on a mule and yeah no cards for regular mobs
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [99 days between previous and next post]
By kishr 2017-10-26 06:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry i dont know how to search for it.
whats a few examples of a gin group
thx
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-26 06:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

1x Tank
2x DD
1x Buffer
1x WHM

Not sure what the acc requirements are for Gin, he's a bit more evasive than the others but you should be fine with proper gear/buffs/food.

DD can be pretty much anything really.
If you ask me I'd say GIN is the easiest.
If your group is having issues make sure to bring TWO buffers and make sure one of them is a GEO so that you can use Fend or Fade and Vex or Attunement.
Gonna help against its magic spells and its effects. To be fair I guess this kinda goes for ALL omen bosses, not just Gin in particular.
You might also want to ask your WHM to prepare your group with barstone and barpetrify.
[+]
By kishr 2017-10-26 08:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

tank
2xsmn
geo
cor
whm
a decent combo for it?
thx
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-10-26 08:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

ranged work well on GIN, so RDM RNG RNG COR GEO work very well too
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-10-26 08:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
tank
2xsmn
geo
cor
whm
a decent combo for it?
thx
Sounds bloody perfect.
If the tank is a PUP it might be a bit tricky though, but still viable I bet.
GEO would use Frailty and Indi-Refresh standing at the SMN's, maybe entrust Torpor on the Tank if needed.
COR can use its nice rolls, the SMNs will rely on Shiromochi or Akamochi accordingly.
In this setup you wouldn't even necessarily need a WHM. A SCH or RDM with proper gear would be perfectly able to keep the tank up. Or if you go with a PUP tank, not even those are needed :D

Gin is really straightforward. His special move is called "Zero Hour" and is used at 75%, 50%, 25%, 10%.
Zero Hour damage can be reduced by MDT and the tricky part is that it resets hate, which is why I said having a non-PUP tank makes hate a bit more consistant for the few seconds after Zero Hour.
The Range of Zero Hour iir is 30 yalms, so pretty much all of your group will be hit by it.
Also unless I'm wrong Zero Hour is a HP% based, which means it should never kill you regardless of how many HP you currently have when it hits you.
(of course if you're in range of his other TP moves/melee hits those can kill you just fine after Zero Hour! XD)
 Asura.Sanosuke
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Sanosuke 2017-10-26 10:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed Gin as Run,War,Brd,Geo with whm and rdm trust. The issue sometimes with that setup can be the midboss on route
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-26 10:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Gin is piss easy, like brain dead stupid easy.

Tank (don't really need this guy but it's safer)
Heavy DD (can be anyone really)
DD COR (these guys rock in Omen anyway)
BRD (for buffing all those people)
WHM (for curaga on those people)
GEO (Frailty + Fade make all the boss's easier)

Try not to make SC's because he's got some funky mode switches, we just spam Resolution / Savage Blade / ect. and is usually dead in a few minutes.

If anyone's having trouble with Gin they need to step back and reevaluate how they are approaching this.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-26 10:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

if you can kill midboss you can kill gin, dont need any specific setup melee rngs smns all work fine
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-10-26 10:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
tank
2xsmn
geo
cor
whm
a decent combo for it?
thx
Sounds bloody perfect.
GEO would use Frailty and Indi-Refresh standing at the SMN's, maybe entrust Torpor on the Tank if needed.
COR can use its nice rolls, the SMNs will rely on Shiromochi or Akamochi accordingly.
In this setup you wouldn't even necessarily need a WHM. A SCH or RDM with proper gear would be perfectly able to keep the tank up. Or if you go with a PUP tank, not even those are needed :D

Gin is really straightforward. His special move is called "Zero Hour" and is used at 75%, 50%, 25%, 10%.
Zero Hour damage can be reduced by MDT and the tricky part is that it resets hate, which is why I said having a non-PUP tank makes hate a bit more consistant for the few seconds after Zero Hour.
The Range of Zero Hour iir is 30 yalms, so pretty much all of your group will be hit by it.
Also unless I'm wrong Zero Hour is a HP% based, which means it should never kill you regardless of how many HP you currently have when it hits you.
(of course if you're in range of his other TP moves/melee hits those can kill you just fine after Zero Hour! XD)
Does Zero Hour have a known element? Like if you wanted to try to Liement it, or tone the dmg down with Valliance.
By tyalangan 2017-10-26 10:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkness via jp wiki
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-26 11:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
tank
2xsmn
geo
cor
whm
a decent combo for it?
thx
Sounds bloody perfect.

Does Zero Hour have a known element? Like if you wanted to try to Liement it, or tone the dmg down with Valliance.

It's based on a percentage of your HP (think like 80 or 90) so it won't kill you and is reduced by MDT. Also the range isn't 30 yalms, it's more like 16~80. Something that frequently happens to groups is the WHM stands at ~20 feet and after Zero Hour they have hate and cause a mass draw in effect. It's why we have our WHM's stand at around 16 so they don't get hit by his attacks but still get their hate wiped. And yeah I think all the cacturai magic moves are based on darkness.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Server: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2017-10-26 12:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

All of their tp moves should be dark based, Lux Valiance makes interference and such much more manageable.

Any set up could probably kill Gin. I went in as just Rune Fencer and Geomancer to see if we could duo for bodies and won with like 30minutes left. RUN GEO Sylvie Cornelia Koru Ygnas. Hes super weak to SCs, but also changes which SC he absorbs mid fight so have to play it by ear and slow down as needed.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [76 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Sephiran
Guildwork Premium
Server: Bahamut
user: Sephiran
By Bahamut.Sephiran 2018-01-09 23:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gerrott said: »
All of their tp moves should be dark based, Lux Valiance makes interference and such much more manageable.

Any set up could probably kill Gin. I went in as just Rune Fencer and Geomancer to see if we could duo for bodies and won with like 30minutes left. RUN GEO Sylvie Cornelia Koru Ygnas. Hes super weak to SCs, but also changes which SC he absorbs mid fight so have to play it by ear and slow down as needed.

From what I've noted, Gin's Suppressive Sphere works the opposite way that Kei's does: Upon taking an SC, the shield comes up absorbing any magic damage for about five seconds. So long as you don't SC twice within around five seconds, he seems to absorb no chains. Of course, this effectively prevents you from MB'ing him.

I tested that as solo SCH though. The mechanics may change as his HP drops.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-01-24 23:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a rough estimate on the drop rate of "Regal Hands" from Ou? I got into Omen late in the game but id have to guess ive killed him about 20 times and have yet to see any hand drops. Are they on par with Bodies from other Main bosses? Are the "V" drop rate % about on Par with what folks are seeing here? Curious as to what the community here has seen. Thx~
 Odin.Kealoha
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-01-24 23:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve lost count how many times we’ve done Ou. We started doing him when it was just 6-people allowed. But since then, I’ve only seen the gauntlets drop twice. Ou is like a Jewish nun. She won’t give it up that easy.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-25 01:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kealoha said: »
I’ve lost count how many times we’ve done Ou. We started doing him when it was just 6-people allowed.
Wasn't Ou released the same patch they allowed alliances inside Omen? Or am I mixing things up?

We did Ou since start with my group as well (granted the last 2 months we kinda stopped doing Omen regularly) and we've seen 2 gloves as well. Two mage ones iir.
Never seen the tank ones or the ugly melee ones.

We've also see bodies drop "only" two times. (1x Kin, 1x Kei)
I've seen the same amount of bodies drop from random PUG runs (2x Gin), and I haven't really done that many PUG runs, quite the other way around lol.
 Odin.Kealoha
user: Kealohaa
By Odin.Kealoha 2018-01-25 02:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They released Ou first before allowing alliances inside.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-25 04:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kealoha said: »
They released Ou first before allowing alliances inside.
Nope, just checked.
Link
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-25 09:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it's the same update because the point of the Ou route was to get (1) more cards with (2) more people and they just happened to throw in (3) Ou at the end.

This aside, I have done a few dozen Ou fights and the hand drop rate is pathetically low. I've seen one cuffs drop, a bunch of double mats/scales, rings earring gem belt neck are far more common than hands. But the hands aren't anywhere on the level of the body drops.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-25 10:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen three hand drops from Ou in a few dozen kills, but have never seen a body after hundreds.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-25 10:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Yes it's the same update because the point of the Ou route was to get (1) more cards with (2) more people and they just happened to throw in (3) Ou at the end.

This aside, I have done a few dozen Ou fights and the hand drop rate is pathetically low. I've seen one cuffs drop, a bunch of double mats/scales, rings earring gem belt neck are far more common than hands. But the hands aren't anywhere on the level of the body drops.
The double scale drops are really like... feels like trolling.
With such a huge loot pool they should've made 1 equipment 100%, gdi
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-25 10:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely intentional. Huge Loot Pool. Very low rate on hands. all KIs from active players are wiped on entry. Huge timesink for mediocre up/side/down/diagonal grades. I got my neck/ring and was done with spamming Ous. It's literally a waste of time, considering they added a coral to the 2nd guaranteed drop pool, meaning you could clear an Ou with double corals and a scale or something silly. The effort:reward ratio is not commensurate. Definitely trolling.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-25 10:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's literally a waste of time

+1
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-25 10:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbf scales shouldn't be part of the pool to begin with...
The gem and neck are pretty nice as well.
2/3 of the gloves are sexy but I guess most of us will learn to live without them.
Unless they gonna up with an Ou campaign, which I doubt, I think I'm done with Ou.
First Page 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63