Sword Skill & Obtaining Your Trial Weapon. Thx In Advance.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sword skill & obtaining your Trial weapon. Thx in advance.
Sword skill & obtaining your Trial weapon. Thx in advance.
 Shiva.Clowdd
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-18 05:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I have not worked on my sword skill in a long time and so today I started. I spent hours in The Boyahda Tree soloing EM~T steelshells to raise my sword skill. I got it to 238 and stopped cuz I had an extra merit and threw it onto sword. Which brought it to 240.
Long story short, I went to Curilla to get Sapara of Trials and to no avail cannot get it. Now, is this because I am not technically 240 in sword? I also have A vorpal blade which I had equipped to start the quest for Death Blossom. Does this also affect me getting my Sapara of Trials? Throw in Swordbreaker as well.
I'm just wondering. I don't mind going back up and skilling up some more but this is a question more out of curiosity.

Thanks,
~C
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-09-18 05:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You need 240 before gear and merits, I do not believe the weapon on you matters at all either.
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-18 05:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for response! Guess it's back to the tree to kill some more Cancer pagurus's (crab's for you Einstein's.)
 Bahamut.Duderson
user: Duderson
By Bahamut.Duderson 2009-09-18 21:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Clowdd said:
kill some more Cancer pagurus's (crab's for you Einstein's.)

if you're gonna try to create a false sense of superior intellect you should probably try to use correct punctuation.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2009-09-18 21:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

User submitted image

oh snap!
[+]
 Hades.Hiryo
Server: Hades
user: Hiryo
By Hades.Hiryo 2009-09-19 05:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammitch said:
User submitted image

oh snap!

I -HATE- that phrase.. so much..
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-19 08:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Duderson said:
Clowdd said:

if you're gonna try to create a false sense of superior intellect you should probably try to use correct punctuation.

It was actually more of a joke. I'm sorry you don't have better things in your life to do except troll forums and try to make yourself seem more important and noticed.
So exactly what brought on this need to troll? Lack of <insert whatever you want here>? If you spent more time outside of trolling forums you might be a little happier in life and have much more productive things to do aside from searching for errors in the posts that people leave. I'm sorry that my punctuation was not to your standards. I also apologize that my post had disturbed you so much that you had to leave a trolling response. And lastly I'm sorry you have nothing else in your life more entertaining than picking out the flaws of others.

Now please excuse me while I /wrists because the great Duderson (cool name by the way, very intellectual.) has spoketh.

kthxbai

~Clowdd (I know, I know Cloud* before you point that out as well)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-09-19 08:49:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread just got lame.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-09-19 08:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

internets. srs bsns. so srs.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-19 09:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The use of the term "troll" and "trolling" is ridiculous. Because somebody disagrees with you, does that mean they are "trolling" you? Because somebody else made an alternate point than yours, does that mean that they are a "troll?"

Maybe if you understand the concept of "the world doesn't revolve around you" more and also that "everyone has the right to live and die, just like you" then you would realized that different points of views are not "trolling" each other.

Now, if you want me to be a troll, I'll just call you a liberal and leave it like that.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-09-19 09:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Clowdd said:
Duderson said:
Clowdd said:

It was actually more of a joke. I'm sorry you don't have better things in your life to do except troll forums and try to make yourself seem more important and noticed.
So exactly what brought on this need to troll? Lack of <insert whatever you want here>? If you spent more time outside of trolling forums you might be a little happier in life and have much more productive things to do aside from searching for errors in the posts that people leave. I'm sorry that my punctuation was not to your standards. I also apologize that my post had disturbed you so much that you had to leave a trolling response. And lastly I'm sorry you have nothing else in your life more entertaining than picking out the flaws of others.

Now please excuse me while I /wrists because the great Duderson (cool name by the way, very intellectual.) has spoketh.

kthxbai

*hath spoken

Only reason I'm commenting is because I was thinking the exact same thing as Duderson, also that you seemed to be trying to call everyone who doesn't know what a cancer pagurus is an idiot, except that you called us all Einsteins, and then got all shitty when he rightly pulled you up on it.

On top of this, the cancer pagurus is only one species of decapod crustacean (crabs, for you NON-Einsteins... and those without access to wiki).
 Fairy.Deliverance
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Deliverance 2009-09-19 10:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

/Shakes Head/ < I think these two words say it all, can we really not ask a question, answer it, and move on. Without being *** to each other.
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-19 10:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

i never intended for people to think i was calling them an idiot. i was sick of killing crabs all day so said that instead. sorry if anyone thought i was outright calling them an idiot, which i wasn't. i actually didn't think anyone would take that as an offense but damn i guess i was wrong. its ridiculous that way after i got the answer to my question someone would get upset over something as small as that. so my apologies to any and everyone who was offended i know better now than to come on this forum for any advice and say anything other than what i need answered.

and no i wasn't trying to come off as a genius i used wiki as i said and used that name cuz i got tired of crabs since i spent hours soloing them to skill up on.

i used cancer pagurus cuz wiki said it was the edible one and being steelshells and crabs in this game drop crab meat which is used in food, i used it.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-19 10:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

you know, when you DO get the quest started....

....you will be right back at killing crabs again.
 Shiva.Clowdd
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-09-19 10:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

not always, i chose crabs tbh so when they used scissor guard i could just use that mob as a source to skill up off of. since i was soloing and going afk time to time cuz sitting in a wheelchair isnt too comfortable at long periods crabs were more appropriate at that time and having my bibiki shell helped. when i DO get the quest, ill just FoV in VoS with the mrs or friends for WS points.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-09-19 10:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Duderson said:
Clowdd said:

just to totally point out :o no capital letter!
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-19 10:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this grammer nazi boot camp or something?
 Alexander.Meeeeeep
Server: Alexander
user: Meeeeeep
By Alexander.Meeeeeep 2009-09-19 10:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Duderson said:
Clowdd said:

If you're going to try to create a false sense of superior intellect you should probably try the use of correct punctuation and grammar.

ftfy :/
 Bahamut.Duderson
By Bahamut.Duderson 2009-09-19 22:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Meeeeeep said:
Duderson said:
Clowdd said:

If you're going to try to create a false sense of superior intellect you should probably try the use of correct punctuation and grammar.

ftfy :/

yeah i realize the hypocrisy, but my mistake wasnt a mistake... i just didnt really care.
 Bahamut.Duderson
By Bahamut.Duderson 2009-09-19 22:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Clowdd said:
Duderson (cool name by the way, very intellectual.) has spoketh.

dozens of people have /telled me that they love my name, back off.

by the way your name is very original, was it a tough decision between that and seppheroth?
[+]