Vagary Trio
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-11-14 22:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

Was wondering if anyone had tips on 3manning Vagary, in terms of desired jobs the players should be for Hands, Legs, and Feet. Can fill support rolls with trusts.

Or if it's not possible, then it's not possible hahaha.

:)

Thanks!
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-11-14 22:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Made a short post on how I triple box all the zones about a month and a half ago.

Edit: Since this thread's topic is Vagary trio'ing, I'll just go ahead and expand on the way I go about doing it here.

Setup: BLU/THF GEO/RDM WHM/SCH Amchuchu KingofHearts Qultada

Brash Gate/Amorph Zone:

Deathborne Gate/Fomor Zone:

Duskbrood Gate/Elemental Zone:

Perfidien:

Plouton:

Don't mistake this as the only way to go about trioing Vagary. It's just how I go about doing it to avoid job changing.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2016-11-15 04:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you!

I understand it's not the only way, however it's very insightful. I really appreciate it. 8D
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [367 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2017-11-16 18:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been tryin to 3box Putraxia for days now and I just cant get it.
Nin, Geo, Whm using amchuchu, king and cornelia.
The fairy and umbril both take ~2 minutes to kill umbril can be a nuisance because the doom but it doesnt cost much time.
I was at first skipping all the elementals but the hybrids and dark ele's and spam blade ten(using kikokuAG) at 1700-2100 tp using frailty fury wilt innin soy ramen +1.

Skipping all the ele's im getting to him with about 15-20m left.
Hybrid rooms are taking about 5-6 min fastest ive done is alternating characters, self skillchaining on nin with their weakness and swapping to the geo quickly and nuking the others with single targets normally a V + III kills them.

I'm having to aggro them all on nin and just keep shadows up until theyre clustered enough for sleepga then start killing them normally it goes just fine.

Putraxia normally is good until about 10-15% amchuchu will get one shotted then he will proceed to flip out on me and it becomes a fight to keep up shadows to not get oneshotted by a nuke. taking me about 7 minutes to get him down that low.

Question since im doing dark skillchain if I kill all dark ice and earth will he still full absorb the skillchain, or will he only absorb the water element portion of it and the rest of the damage is applied even though in the log it will only show the amount absorbed?

Also if I may ask whats your gear roughly?
Nin is ag +39% WSD in gear i wont get too specific other than that
Dunna capped potency geo just nuking in full jjhakri and the ice tiger staff because im lazy.
Any tips would be awesome :)!
 Asura.Umopepisdn
Server: Asura
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2017-11-16 19:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ejiin uploaded a video of it fairly recently, its on YT. Granted his chars are insanely well geared, but it should be a good jumping off point for you.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-11-16 19:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lunatone said: »
Ive been tryin to 3box Putraxia for days now and I just cant get it.
Nin, Geo, Whm using amchuchu, king and cornelia.
The fairy and umbril both take ~2 minutes to kill umbril can be a nuisance because the doom but it doesnt cost much time.
I was at first skipping all the elementals but the hybrids and dark ele's and spam blade ten(using kikokuAG) at 1700-2100 tp using frailty fury wilt innin soy ramen +1.

Skipping all the ele's im getting to him with about 15-20m left.
Hybrid rooms are taking about 5-6 min fastest ive done is alternating characters, self skillchaining on nin with their weakness and swapping to the geo quickly and nuking the others with single targets normally a V + III kills them.

I'm having to aggro them all on nin and just keep shadows up until theyre clustered enough for sleepga then start killing them normally it goes just fine.

Putraxia normally is good until about 10-15% amchuchu will get one shotted then he will proceed to flip out on me and it becomes a fight to keep up shadows to not get oneshotted by a nuke. taking me about 7 minutes to get him down that low.

Question since im doing dark skillchain if I kill all dark ice and earth will he still full absorb the skillchain, or will he only absorb the water element portion of it and the rest of the damage is applied even though in the log it will only show the amount absorbed?

Also if I may ask whats your gear roughly?
Nin is ag +39% WSD in gear i wont get too specific other than that
Dunna capped potency geo just nuking in full jjhakri and the ice tiger staff because im lazy.
Any tips would be awesome :)!
I know dumb question. They changed vagary that you can go in solo with trusts or is there a minimal real people have to join like delve?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-11-16 19:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Same as delve, need 3
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-11-16 19:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Same as delve, need 3
hmm and I can use trusts?
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2017-11-16 19:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Same as delve, need 3

Yep.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2017-11-16 20:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
Same as delve, need 3

Yep.
:humps: thanks
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2017-11-17 14:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just cleared him.
Was really close only 45s remaining but

Nin, Geo, WHm, Amchuchu, King, Cornelia

Skipped all elementals but dark and ofc the hybrids for door unlock

Fairy and Umbril take ~2-3m Umbril just making light skillchain Shun-->Metsu and bursting with Fire V/II and Firaga IV from King
Fairy just fury/frailty and Metsu spam doing about 15k
Hybrids im indi refresh, geo acumen, haste I, aquaveil, Regen IV, boost INT.
AspirIII-I whenever you can to keep mp up so no downtime on elementals.

Can be rough on mp if you dont aspir much on the Fire/light+thunder/wind hybrids since dark is right after

Killing the one dark elemental in the room with Putraxia and then accession Regen IV and SS.

Entrusting fade at around 50% to myself on nin and doing fury/frailty.
Amchuchu will die so once he does i swap to indi haste on the geo and swap to weak defensemode only -31%pdt -17%mdt, prioritizing keeping shadows up so he cant oneshot you with AM or Holy II, was using blade metsu if below 1500 tp and blade ten for most of the fight before that because it cant self chain and it just gets better with more TP, normally was going at around 1800-2100 doing 10-11k while metsu stayed around 9800.
Towards then end when I was mostly in pdt/haste my ws rate slowed enough so I could metsu w/o chaining, but he also likes to use this Slow+Stun move when he's lower aswell.
By Pantafernando 2017-11-17 15:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

WHats the current strat to fast Brimboil kill?
Sometimes he takes long time to pop so that i cant afford auto attack/low nukes and need some big dmg output.
Thanks in advance.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2017-11-17 15:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was messing around in that one trying it out i just ws'd anyway, my geo character was indi acumen then geo frailty on boss and he was killing the babies in 2-3 nukes