Forum » FFXI » General » Einherjar rewards
Einherjar rewards
 Kujata.Timdied
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Timdied
By Kujata.Timdied 2009-09-17 09:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Allright folks, I need abit of help with Einherjar rewards. Here's the deal: I've got WAR(main), PLD(play regularly), and MNK(play less as of right now). I'm looking into pieces like Iota ring/Ritter gorget. All of the pieces are purely situational so I'm not sure what will be the best first choice. Thoughts???
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-09-17 09:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I would take Iota ring first. It is a nice buff to your WARs TP build which is you most used job. This will match (or give 1 more acc) a sniper ring. Selling the sniper will give a decent amount of money to spend on other upgrades.

You can use Harmonia's Torque until ritter, it has the same enmity. Ritter will be better for cure cheats than Harmonia's Torque, but I think it is an upgrade that can wait simple based on how much more gil Iota ring will 'free up'.
 Kujata.Timdied
By Kujata.Timdied 2009-09-17 10:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome. So tp'ing in Iota on WAR and MNK is actually a GOOD idea. Sounds great to me!
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-09-17 12:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a personal fan of the Ritter Gorget for myself. It may have the same enmity as Harmonia, but the -VIT when you're doing Rampart would hurt. And the evasion and +HP you get from it is just godly. I got my Iota Ring last for my MNK because, well, I just feel it's the most part it could have held out on it. I love Iota too. It's a good ring. But I love my Ritter. *-*
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-09-17 13:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Timdied said:
Awesome. So tp'ing in Iota on WAR and MNK is actually a GOOD idea. Sounds great to me!

WAR yes, MNK probably not unless you get +2 ACC off the DEX.
 Kujata.Timdied
By Kujata.Timdied 2009-09-17 13:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got 1 more einherjar before I'll get my first reward. It looks like it's still split between ritter/iota. Guess i'll have to repost next week to let ya'll know which route I went!!
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-09-17 13:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Timdied said:
I've got 1 more einherjar before I'll get my first reward. It looks like it's still split between ritter/iota. Guess i'll have to repost next week to let ya'll know which route I went!!

If your serious about pld the ritter cant be replaced, you can rep an iota ring with a woodsman/sniper ring for melee.
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-09-17 13:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Urial said:
Timdied said:

If your serious about pld the ritter cant be replaced, you can rep an iota wing with a woodsman ring for melee.

True story. =]
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-09-17 21:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I don't care for ritter. I don't use +enmity full time, only when I am doing hate stuffs. The eva is not skill thus I use eva torque when I need it. I know it's 2 inventory instead of 1 but macroing them in is better IMHO. Not to mention You can augment them and you can't augment the ritter.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-17 21:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Antonioklaus said:
Personally I don't care for ritter. I don't use +enmity full time, only when I am doing hate stuffs. The eva is not skill thus I use eva torque when I need it. I know it's 2 inventory instead of 1 but macroing them in is better IMHO. Not to mention You can augment them and you can't augment the ritter.

1)The combination of stats on Ritter make it by far the best option for PLD.
2)EVA is still a defensive stat meaning it still stacks with DEF and damage reduction.
3)You can't augment EVA torque either, because it's Rare.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-09-17 22:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I was actually thinking of the Harmonia for Augments. We've been working on getting Earth resistance and Fire resistance for them.

also, the only thing you are getting out of a ritter is +HP.