Introducing ClosetCleaner (new Addon)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » introducing closetCleaner (new addon)
introducing closetCleaner (new addon)
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-28 03:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bristone any update on the possibility of you submitting this to Windower's github so it can become an official addon and downloaded/updated through the Windower main tool?
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2017-02-28 09:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dibble said: »
Is it supposed to find and use the gearswap include files if they are already installed?

If they're called from (some recursion of) get_sets() or init_gear_sets() yes. If they're included outside that scope they will not be processed.

If your file is complex enough it may not work, but I'd have to see it to figure out why, I believe conditional aliases won't work. (ie gear equipped dynamically defined from game states)

(not proper lua but should illustrate concept):
if time between 17:00 and 7:00 then
equip(feet="Ninja Kyhan")
end

Won't work, but
sets.nightfeet = {"Ninja Kyhan"}
if time between 17:00 and 7:00 then
equip(sets.nightfeet)
end

Will work because its statically tracking what's in the sets table space and won't recognize gear that is not.

It also could have trouble following the path to the file, since I think I assume everything starts from ../gearswap/ not ../closetCleaner/ and because I'm a novice in windows doing the swizzles for all this I might not be forcing things to lower case. (lua is case sensitive, windows is not) so if you called your directory GEARSWAP and windows operation should work but if I start doing find/replace in the lua I may not force lowercase everywhere I should and things might not get replaced as expected. I expect case to match and I'm not disciplined (or experienced) enough with windows/lua to consistently account for it not matching. This is fixable when pointed out though or just shown what is problematic.

There's also some function/files I do not process intentionally expecting there to be nothing of value in them, if you modified them to include sets I do not expect it to work.

I did open a thread in the windower forum, but not responses. http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/topic/1224-new-addon-closetcleaner-where-do-i-go-from-here/
 Fenrir.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2017-02-28 11:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I mean, the files that gearswap.lua uses as includes, which you have also added to your github; not my personal includes.

It doesn't seem to able to find my .lua files either so I guess it's made some bad assumptions about where the gearswap folder is located?

My folder is called "GearSwap" which is the default name (now at least)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-28 13:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Brimstonefox said: »
Once they make up their minds, you might have to submit it on Github.
Regardless, it's been "only" two days there, those folks don't read forums daily anymore.
Keep bumping it from time to time.

My suggestion is to go and leave a message to Arcon on the #Windower irc channel, even if he won't answer immediately I can assure you he WILL read the chat message. You can mention the thread and post a link to it, that will give a chance for Arcon to go read it.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2017-02-28 14:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Dibble said: »
No, I mean, the files that gearswap.lua uses as includes, which you have also added to your github; not my personal includes.

It doesn't seem to able to find my .lua files either so I guess it's made some bad assumptions about where the gearswap folder is located?

My folder is called "GearSwap" which is the default name (now at least)

Sorry yes copy everything in the gitHub to a folder called "closetCleaner" in your addons folder adjacent to the "GearSwap" folder. (apologies if I'm messing up case-sensitivity as I'm doing it from memory, as stated, windows won't care but lua might)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2017-04-20 10:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, it doesn't find GS files in, which is a valid GS location.
Code
GearSwap\data\player.name\JOB.lua

But I have an inc.lua in that location which it seems to have read and died on...
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2017-05-11 23:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry have not looked at this for some time.

Try this change:
lname = string.lower(dpath..player.name..'_'..v..'.lua')
to:
lname = string.lower(dpath..player.name..'/'..v..'.lua')

should find your file I think.

As far as the include file goes I'd have to know what's in it. I had to write a few dummy functions so it doesn't crash on certain things, but I'm at a loss for what could be in yours.
 Phoenix.Bunas
Server: Phoenix
user: Teapo
By Phoenix.Bunas 2017-05-13 00:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

line.481 Stack overflow error is coming from where? is that my defined sets doing that?
[+]
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2017-05-13 09:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

From OP (this is a best guess):

Quote:
Setting one table name equal
to another will cause a stack overflow (ie sets.A = sets.B crashes however sets.A = set_combine(sets.B, {}) will work)
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-05-28 21:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

From OP (this is a best guess):

Quote:
Setting one table name equal
to another will cause a stack overflow (ie sets.A = sets.B crashes however sets.A = set_combine(sets.B, {}) will work)
Is there any other way to fix this error? I have dozens upon dozens of sets.A = sets.B.
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2017-05-30 02:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having the same error and having gone through the files I'm checking I can't find any sets.A=sets.B. So any other ideas?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-05-30 09:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta use more Eminem on it
YouTube Video Placeholder
By Blazed1979 2017-06-19 15:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

what is the verdict on this?
I just spent 2 hours trying to fit war/drk/smn/rng/blu/pld into inventory + 4x wardrobes. Something like this (if it works) would be a life saver. But before I invest any precious time into trying to get it to run (I'm married, I have kids, I'm an executive with a 40 man team, and I'm doing a PHD + I get sent overseas all the damn time! - so please call me lazy all you like! just answer the question)
I've had to retire blm/mnk/sam/thf/nin/rdm because who has 30-45 minutes to gear a job up these days?
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-06-19 17:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
I've had to retire blm/mnk/sam/thf/nin/rdm because who has 30-45 minutes to gear a job up these days?

Dude, GearSwap + Organizer are your friends...
By Blazed1979 2017-06-19 18:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

organizer *** my ***up
[+]
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2017-06-19 22:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I don't know about the stack overflow. I noticed I had some sets.A = sets.B in mine so its not 100% given that it will crash with them. But when I was first writing it I know fixing a few of them made the errors go away. But it could be completely unrelated as well.

Gearswap+organizer is going to make changing jobs easier.

This just helps you figure out what pieces are not used, or could be expendable because they're used in like 1 set. Also good for finding typos in gearswap.

If anyone wants me to look at it, I think I'd need snapshot of your directory structure as well as all your gearswap lua I could probably download them and recreate the error.

If you use Notepad++ you can do this:
1. hit cntl-F to get the find/replace box,
2. go to the Replace tab (and replace in all files, or all open files, make backups first, maybe try one)
3. make sure the "Regular expression" button is checked in the lower left
4. in "Find What" type:
Code
=\s*(sets\.\S+)

5. in "Replace With" type:
Code
= set_combine\($1, \{\}\)

With once step you can replace hundreds of those in all your files and it won't matter what the names are those strings exactly should work. (i just tested in mine I actually had 23 of these across my files but it worked flawlessly) This could replace stuff down in your logic in one case I had idleSet = sets.idle.Death but its fine, should still work.

If you're curious how it works:
[+]
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2017-06-21 22:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I had another thought, put one job at a time in the ccjobs list, that will help figure out if its a problem with specific file(s) or something more general.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2017-06-22 00:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Did as Brimstone suggested. My BST lua (think 100% copy of Mote's?) was causing stack overflow error. Used the replace method you suggested above, fixed a few missing )'s and everything was good to go.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
[+]
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2017-06-22 07:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad it worked - I'm guessing you may have missed the backslash before the closing parenthesis if it was missing, but so long as you figured it out doesn't really matter.
By Blazed1979 2017-06-22 08:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I had another thought, put one job at a time in the ccjobs list, that will help figure out if its a problem with specific file(s) or something more general.
yup - doing that when i get home from work. Elimination method.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [170 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2017-12-09 09:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I got this added as a gearswap library now.

//gs cc

Should download an xml file (ccConfig.xml) to the GearSwap directory.

Edit that by default it will run against all 22 jobs, and not check Storage. Most people are going to want to add items to the ignore list as well (I think only Rem Tale's and Storage Slips are defaulted). Make sure only jobs you care about are in the jobs list and you should be good.

If anything bizarre happens during gearswap, just reload it after running it should fix the problems. I'll try and check this thread periodically for bug fixes (or enhancement suggestions)

I can check here as well: http://forums.windower.net/index.php?/topic/1224-new-addon-closetcleaner-where-do-i-go-from-here/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [113 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2018-04-01 11:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to get the addon to work, but with no success. Just noticed the //gs cc, but this doesn't seem to work either. And the link to the windower forums is broken. Is there any news here?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-04-01 13:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember asking for something like this after the GearCollector plugin stopped being maintained, and I don't use Gearswap so I had to find a workaround.

There is a way to do what this addon is doing without gearswap. Yes, sorry, I know this is an addon for gearswap users, but for anyone who wanted this feature and doesn't want to have to use gearswap, there is an alternative.

It requires the Organizer addon and two commands. What you do is, you get on a job and get all your gear in your Inventory. When you're happy you have everything you need (you can include items too), use the following command:

//org freeze inventory

This will make a file for your job, and it shows the creation in your log when you do it for the first time on any job. Once you've done this for all of your jobs, they should all have a file to pull from, which is when you can start using this command:

//org o inventory

This will bring in all the gear for the job you're currently on. If you wish to update a job (got some new gear), then simply freeze the inventory again. However .. this time it will not tell you that anything has happened, but it does work! It only gives information on-screen when you freeze a job for the first time; not when you further update.

I've had very little issues with this. Sometimes, but only rarely, an issue happens where some gear won't leave the inventory after //org o inventory, so you find yourself with some gear left over from the job you was previously on. It's not too hard to move them out of the inventory manually if you need space.

Most of the time, it will get rid of the gear/items you don't need and bring in the assigned gear/items in a very short time. I think you do need to install gearswap initially to make this work, but I have mine switched Off and it works fine.

Sorry if this in anyway offends the OP who made this new plugin for Gearswap users.
 Leviathan.Vow
Server: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2018-04-01 14:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akaden said: »
I've been trying to get the addon to work, but with no success. Just noticed the //gs cc, but this doesn't seem to work either. And the link to the windower forums is broken. Is there any news here?

Might need a
Code
require('closetCleaner')
in your file.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2018-04-01 15:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

No luck. There's no closetCleaner lua file in my gearswap directory.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2018-04-01 15:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

From Brimstonefox's other github repositories, it looks like the library was never pushed to the main windower addons branch. Gonna try to patch his changes into mine to see if I can get it to work.
 Leviathan.Vow
Server: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2018-04-01 15:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's in the gearswap/libs folder on the live branch at Github.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2018-04-01 15:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vow said: »
It's in the gearswap/libs folder on the live branch at Github.
Huh. You're right. Why isn't it downloading through Windower though?

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2018-04-07 19:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing you figured it out from the last post?

Kylos: I also think you're missing the intent of this plugin. It generates a text file to help you find things to throw away/sell/substitute etc... (its a huge logical or/count of everything you own contrasted with everything you use) I only run it about once per month myself but almost always get 3-4 inventory slots back when I do.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [336 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2019-03-10 06:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a bit weird.

It reads <ccskipBags> from ccConfig.xml just fine but seems to ignore changes <ccjobs>.

Does anyone have an example that works?