The Black Sacrament -- A Guide To Black Mage

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2022-08-11
329 users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
The Black Sacrament -- A Guide to Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 34 35 36
 Asura.Toralin
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
Posts: 1132
By Asura.Toralin 2022-01-16 09:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Weeew said: »
I think Myrkr + staff debuffs are too important to swap out.
Staff debuffs? you mean casting impact and burn? or you mean hitting it with a 3k tp Vidohunir?

as far as MP, my gearswap puts in af3 body below 50%, but with having embrava, +sv ballads, and vile elixir, I see the ea body on for alot of my nukes.
Offline
Posts: 192
By Weeew 2022-01-16 09:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Yes usually open with 3k Vido and put another time one on mid fight.
Offline
Posts: 6955
By SimonSes 2022-01-16 09:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Video is very important imo, but it's not a reason to use staff over bunzi for nukes. First Video is from tactician roll anyway, so can just swap to bunzi rod after Vido. You can then swap to staff mid fight and get tp for on Vido, then switch back to Bunzi. Now Myrkr is potentially a stronger reason, but I have no experience on Onto as BLM so I have no idea how fast you burn MP there.
 Sylph.Cossack
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: sandman16
Posts: 520
By Sylph.Cossack 2022-01-16 10:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
lol nukes...
 Asura.Geriond
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 2902
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-16 11:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Weeew said: »
Yes usually open with 3k Vido and put another time one on mid fight.
Have you ever seen the wearing off message? Lots of people use Vidohunir on Ongo, but Magic Defense Down is Thunder element, which makes it hard to imagine it'd land very often, if at all (unless aura was up), so a confirmation of it being landable would be great.
 Asura.Toralin
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
Posts: 1132
By Asura.Toralin 2022-01-18 14:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Cleared V20 ongo with Macc down aura, and no 5/6 on wildcard

Skillchain: SCH->SCH->RUN(Steel Cyclone)->COR(Wildfire)
Stoneja->t6->t5->t4->t3 in uninterrupted SC

If books were down we did COR->RUN SC

used this set
Unity@r15
Awgu@r20
ItemSet 351869

Once the Aura came up GEO switched from Acumen->Focus
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 227
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-01-26 23:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Anyone know if ancient magic MB+ merit count towards the 40cap or does it bypass like trait?
 Fenrir.Melphina
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
Posts: 1383
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-27 00:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Merits are their own category and do not count toward any gear specific caps. The ancient magic burst bonus from merits is calculated as its own entity and is neither MBD 1 nor MBD 2. It stacks with everything.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
Posts: 1383
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-27 15:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ok I'd like to ask for some assistance with analyzing this video here. This is an account of a JP group killing veng 20 Ongo with 6 minutes on the clock to spare. From discussion with a few friends we determined the gear set the blm is using is this

ItemSet 383468

By swapping out the staff for bunzi's rod you get an extra 10 magic burst damage 1, which gives leeway to swap out sorcerer's stole +2 for quanpur necklace. But apart from the gear set he's using and the rate at which he's firing off his spells it's hard for me to tell what all else is going on. Can anyone determine the order and timing of their ability uses? I'm honestly impressed they managed to down the bird as efficiently as they did. I can't make out an iota of what they're saying though and I really wish I could.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Online
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 3700
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-01-27 15:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Just for the record- you wouldn't need to give up a staff to use Quanpur Neck and keep 40 MBB1

Ea Hat+1=7
Ea Slops+1=8
Ea Houppelande+1=9
Agwu Gages=8
Agwu Pigaches=6
JSE cape=5

43 Magic Burst Bonus 1 just from that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
Posts: 1383
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-27 15:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply
 
God call. I'm just reporting what the blm in the video is using.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Online
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
Posts: 3700
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-01-27 15:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
God call. I'm just reporting what the blm in the video is using.

Oh definitely get it- I just think that the reason for the swap from Staff/Grip to Club/Shield is to overcome the INT and macc loss by giving up the JSE+2 neck- in particular for Laevateinn users.

I will say that Bunzi/Ammurapi is my go-to pairing for bursting on GEO and RDM these days when not concerned about TP, and I do use it in a high INT/macc build that looks a lot like the set you posted (just freke over mujin is the only difference I saw).
 Fenrir.Melphina
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
Posts: 1383
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-27 16:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Someone actually said they think he's using agwu's slops instead of ea slops +1. But that doesn't make any sense to me. Sure earth spells are affected by int and magic damage more than any other spell line, but ea +1 just has to be better.
 Asura.Geriond
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 2902
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-27 16:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I don't use Ea+1 feet on RDM magic bursting either, personally.
[+]
 Asura.Aburaage
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 227
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-01-27 18:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
The BLM in the vid also used Freke ring, not mujin band
Offline
Posts: 192
By Weeew 2022-01-27 22:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Geriond said: »
Weeew said: »
Yes usually open with 3k Vido and put another time one on mid fight.
Have you ever seen the wearing off message? Lots of people use Vidohunir on Ongo, but Magic Defense Down is Thunder element, which makes it hard to imagine it'd land very often, if at all (unless aura was up), so a confirmation of it being landable would be great.

Never really paid attention to that.. didn't realize Vido effect was thunder based either... Does shattersoul also have the same properties?
Offline
Posts: 1488
By Nariont 2022-01-27 22:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Should, far as i know all the down effects share the same element, atleast for WS
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
Posts: 416
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-01-28 04:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Toralin said: »

I was ready to say this set was silly, but assuming all R20 augments, this set is almost certainly best in slot. At R25 of course it pulls ahead even further.

Here's some napkin math to backup the differences in the different weapon,head,body,hands,legs,feet options. Assuming the dSTAT conversion is 1 stat = 0.5 macc on this fight specifically of course.



So a net 46 MAB in exchange for a net -5 macc is definitely a great trade to make. I use Shattersoul specifically to ensure our helicies land at full potency, so the argument of using a staff over a rod/shield has merit.

The question of the day is: Does the 11 INT afforded by my set (pictured below), increase your dSTAT ratio? Probably not, so stacking the extra 46 MAB is probably the right choice.

ItemSet 382180


--- EDIT:

I was playing around with some combinations of these two gear sets and was able to squeeze out more MACC only sacrificing 1 MAB and 2 MBD2.



ItemSet 383477

This set could potentially be the highest potential on the fight.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
Posts: 1132
By Asura.Toralin 2022-01-28 06:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply
 
JPs seem to really like the Quanpur Necklace neck for Ongo. It seems crazy that 5 earth mab beats 25 burst macc + 30 macc + 15 INT, since the macc/dint is such a critical component.
 Asura.Toralin
Online
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
Posts: 1132
By Asura.Toralin 2022-01-28 06:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Ok I'd like to ask for some assistance with analyzing this video here. This is an account of a JP group killing veng 20 Ongo with 6 minutes on the clock to spare. From discussion with a few friends we determined the gear set the blm is using is this

ItemSet 383468

By swapping out the staff for bunzi's rod you get an extra 10 magic burst damage 1, which gives leeway to swap out sorcerer's stole +2 for quanpur necklace. But apart from the gear set he's using and the rate at which he's firing off his spells it's hard for me to tell what all else is going on. Can anyone determine the order and timing of their ability uses? I'm honestly impressed they managed to down the bird as efficiently as they did. I can't make out an iota of what they're saying though and I really wish I could.

YouTube Video Placeholder

They are doing SCH SC -> Steel Cyclone > Wildfire

When Tabula is up
they are doing
SCH Aero > Earth Helix > Aero > Dark Helix > Steel Cyclone > WF


BRD is spamming lullaby on add to bounce it off SCH and himself or else it sits pounding SCH

Everything else they are doing is been mentioned in this thread.

SCH Buffs: Aquaveil, Klima, Regen5,SandstormII, Embrava
GEO: I-acumen/geo-malaise entrust int
RUN: Gambit/Rayke resets with COR
BRD: Earth Thren/nocturne/elegy
BLM: ES/manawell Impact + burn (subtle sorcer)

They save the SP for after it SPs (bolster/tabula/etc)
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
Posts: 416
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-01-28 07:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Toralin said: »
JPs seem to really like the Quanpur Necklace neck for Ongo. It seems crazy that 5 earth mab beats 25 burst macc + 30 macc + 15 INT, since the macc/dint is such a critical component.

I have a really hard time believing it. The sum of the stats just doesn't add up. One of the JP videos was also using 3/5 Agwu which I have a really hard time believing would be a good setup.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Online
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
Posts: 1297
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-28 08:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Toralin said: »
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Ok I'd like to ask for some assistance with analyzing this video here. This is an account of a JP group killing veng 20 Ongo with 6 minutes on the clock to spare. From discussion with a few friends we determined the gear set the blm is using is this

ItemSet 383468

By swapping out the staff for bunzi's rod you get an extra 10 magic burst damage 1, which gives leeway to swap out sorcerer's stole +2 for quanpur necklace. But apart from the gear set he's using and the rate at which he's firing off his spells it's hard for me to tell what all else is going on. Can anyone determine the order and timing of their ability uses? I'm honestly impressed they managed to down the bird as efficiently as they did. I can't make out an iota of what they're saying though and I really wish I could.

YouTube Video Placeholder

They are doing SCH SC -> Steel Cyclone > Wildfire

When Tabula is up
they are doing
SCH Aero > Earth Helix > Aero > Dark Helix > Steel Cyclone > WF


BRD is spamming lullaby on add to bounce it off SCH and himself or else it sits pounding SCH

Everything else they are doing is been mentioned in this thread.

SCH Buffs: Aquaveil, Klima, Regen5,SandstormII, Embrava
GEO: I-acumen/geo-malaise entrust int
RUN: Gambit/Rayke resets with COR
BRD: Earth Thren/nocturne/elegy
BLM: ES/manawell Impact + burn (subtle sorcer)

They save the SP for after it SPs (bolster/tabula/etc)

I'd like to note that they are capped on MBD without the bunzi's rod in there.
Offline
Posts: 44
By Ranoutofspace 2022-01-28 08:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Unless my understanding of it is completely wrong, Quanpur Necklace is Affinity, much like Pixie Hairpin +1 and Weatherspoon Ring +1. The translation on the English version is different for Quanpur Necklace compared to the two previously mentioned items, but it is consistent on the Japanese descriptions.

Having that and, and looking at the Affinity page on the wiki, Quanpur Necklace with it's 5 Affinity should be earth elemental magic damage +30% and earth elemental magic accuracy +30.
Offline
Posts: 6955
By SimonSes 2022-01-28 08:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ranoutofspace said: »
Having that and, and looking at the Affinity page on the wiki, Quanpur Necklace with it's 5 Affinity should be earth elemental magic damage +30% and earth elemental magic accuracy +30.

whaaaat? It's some affinity description for magian staves under that link. It's just +5% earth damage. Unless you think Pixies hairpin +1 is +145% dark damage and macc lol.

I did a test to be extra sure however (same mab and other stats on same target):
1084 without
1137 with
1137 / 1084 = 1.04889 so almost 5% (there is some rounding involved).

5% affinity is still probably higher than 15INT however, so assuming there is no need for macc (SV threnody is -400 magic evasion. There shouldn't be any need for macc with that on) Quanpur is better than +2 neck for pure damage I think. Difference would be really small probably.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Offline
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shozokui
Posts: 416
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-01-28 08:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ranoutofspace said: »
Unless my understanding of it is completely wrong, Quanpur Necklace is Affinity, much like Pixie Hairpin +1 and Weatherspoon Ring +1. The translation on the English version is different for Quanpur Necklace compared to the two previously mentioned items, but it is consistent on the Japanese descriptions.

Having that and, and looking at the Affinity page on the wiki, Quanpur Necklace with it's 5 Affinity should be earth elemental magic damage +30% and earth elemental magic accuracy +30.

If this is correct, then yes, that neckace is god tier.
 Asura.Geriond
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 2902
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-28 08:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SimonSes said: »
5% affinity is still probably higher than 15INT however, so assuming there is no need for macc (SV threnody is -400 magic evasion. There shouldn't be any need for macc with that on) Quanpur is better than +2 neck for pure damage I think. Difference would be really small probably.
15 INT should beat 5 affinity normally on Ongo, but (without mathing it) the affinity could win out when Burn/Impact are on.

Quanpur also has 7 MAB, though, so...
[+]
Offline
Posts: 44
By Ranoutofspace 2022-01-28 08:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Whoops, linked the wrong section. The affinity section on the magic damage page:

Affinity adds damage in a separate multiplier term. When affinity is present, it starts at a base of 5% ("Affinity +0"), with 5% additional for each affinity level. Affinity from equipment can only be gained from elemental staves created through Trial of the Magians and a few other items (Weatherspoon Ring).

No affinity: Affinity = 1.0
Damage affinity +1: Affinity = 1.1
Damage affinity +2: Affinity = 1.15
Damage affinity +3: Affinity = 1.20
Damage affinity +4: Affinity = 1.25
Damage affinity +5: Affinity = 1.30
Damage affinity +6: Affinity = 1.35

Affinity in the form of element-specific attack power from Atma or Atmacite is additive with this term.

---
I also got a 5% increase while nuking with the necklace. Maybe the magic accuracy portion is correct. Either way, it's worked out fine when using a mythic BLM for V20 clears.
 Asura.Geriond
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
Posts: 2902
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-28 09:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Element affinity is different from element magic attack bonus, in terms of stats on equipment.

The former goes by that chart, but the latter is +1% per point and no magic accuracy (as far as we know).

That chart is only followed by Magian staves.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 1273
By FaeQueenCory 2022-01-28 09:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I can confirm that yes, Quanpur Necklace is indeed Maff. I remember checking it back when it was new.
SE's been all over the place when it comes to translating Maff for ENG item descriptions. It didn't help that Maff had that original terrible description for the magian stuff.

Which brings me to my small bubble bursting... while "elemental MAB" is indeed the same as Mafff, the original nomenclature for affinity (e.g. where +1 = +10 MAB + Macc) is no longer used anymore; and hasn't been for a long while...
Almost immediately really.

Now they'll just say the derivation for the sake of ease of understanding. Which is good.
So that "earth MAB"+5 is just 5%. Same as pixie hairpin +1's 28% or marin staff +1's 11% or Weatherspoon ring +1's 11%.
archon ring is a good example of how they now split the "MAB" and the Macc terms of Maff.

EDIT: Seems I was beaten to the punch... lol for being fancy.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
Posts: 1383
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-01-28 10:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quote:
JPs seem to really like the Quanpur Necklace neck for Ongo. It seems crazy that 5 earth mab beats 25 burst macc + 30 macc + 15 INT, since the macc/dint is such a critical component.

Yes Quanpur necklace is Affinity. It's basically Archon Ring for earth nukes with some extra MaB tacked on.
First Page 2 3 ... 30 31 32 ... 34 35 36
Log in to post.