By geigei 2020-09-08 07:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to paste yours i guess.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-08 07:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

since it might get lost in the page jump- just wanted to say if he's using literally an exact copy of the lua posted in the sticky, then the things I noticed were:

his error code mentions line 114.

Line 114 of the stickied lua is "sets.precast.JA['Mana Wall']"- however I didn't see a null set of "sets.precast= {}" and then a "sets.precast.JA={}" prior to allow subsets. (or any definition of the prior "base" sets, they wouldn't have to be null sets, its just what I do)

I don't use many mote-based luas, so not sure if this is an issue- its just what I saw.
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
Server: Bahamut
user: Kido
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2020-09-08 07:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I assumed it would be a functioning lua if it's attached to the guide. Guess I'll continue looking.

Edit: although as far as I can tell, my other luas using mote-libs does the same thing without issue. As far as I can tell, it should be working.
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
Server: Bahamut
user: Kido
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2020-09-08 07:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

And yes, it's literally an exact copy of what's in the guide. I literally copied it from github, put it in gs folder, and tried loading it before touching any sets.
By geigei 2020-09-08 08:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

At first glance i'm not seeing something broken, haven't use gS in years tho.
I remember using basic Mote's lua's and modify to my needs.
By Onimaru 2020-09-08 15:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello. New to the job and just wanted to know what the general consensus was on Lathi vs Raetic staff +1. Only read about lathi being better for MBs and Raetic for free nukes. wondering if that was it? Appreciate the help.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-09-08 16:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Onimaru said: »
Hello. New to the job and just wanted to know what the general consensus was on Lathi vs Raetic staff +1. Only read about lathi being better for MBs and Raetic for free nukes. wondering if that was it? Appreciate the help.

Check out the Marin Staff+1 after augments. Its now an extremely potent option well within reach for most anyone, and even buying all the upgrade materials for the augments would likely be cheaper than purchasing a Raetic+1.
[+]
By geigei 2020-09-08 16:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Raetic is stronk but go Marin +1.
By Onimaru 2020-09-09 17:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Understood.

I just wanted to know if lathi and raetic are situational. I got raetic +1, but am unsure.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-18 17:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this was already tested somewhere, but it seems magic defense down caps at -50MDB?

I was putting some geo malaise on gustamberg mobs, that have 0 MDB natively. With geo idris, that means -45 MDB. Using BoG just reduced more extra 5 MDB, for total of -50 MDB.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2020-09-18 20:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

From memory of testing done when escha wasn't a thing ... or was still brand new:
Magic defense can only be reduced to 50.
If something has 150 magic defense (MDB+50), you'll need -100 to cap.
 Asura.Byrne
Server: Asura
By Asura.Byrne 2020-09-21 07:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
From memory of testing done when escha wasn't a thing ... or was still brand new:
Magic defense can only be reduced to 50.
If something has 150 magic defense (MDB+50), you'll need -100 to cap.

Yeah, this seems more consistent with my experience as well. Often when I'm using Mors on RDM or nuking, Bubbles will roughly double damage, sometimes a little better if the mob/NM had slightly higher MDB.

Hypothetically speaking, if you were able to reduce it below 50, you would see a sharp spike in magic damage as that approaches 0.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-21 09:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The equation isnt like this, you dont divide your magic dmg against your foe mdb, what would mean you could have infinite dmg at zero mdb.

You divide your dmg to the factor (1+MDB/100). What my test did was noticing a hard cap on this, you can never reach a reduction of -100 MDB on foes, what would result to any tier 1 nuke dealing infinite dmg.

The hard cap makes sure you just can have double the max nuke potential for any tier (what means MDB -50).
By SMN4LIFE 2020-10-18 20:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick Question about the Nuke sets. I feel like the Ambuscase set. The Jhakri +2 is a very viable option here. Especially where Macc is concerned. Why is the Amalric recommended over it?
By Pantafernando 2020-10-18 20:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Amalric+1 has the highest total mab so its a prefered set if you dont have macc concerns.

But jhakri is very good too, just that it doesnt really shine in any aspect.

If youre Concerned about macc, probably you gonna look to relic pieces instead of jhakri. If magic burst, probably Ea. If high mab, amalric+1.

Also, do notice jhakri have a couple of downsides like no HP/MP, bad defensive stats, etc.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2020-10-18 20:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
The equation isnt like this, you dont divide your magic dmg against your foe mdb, what would mean you could have infinite dmg at zero mdb.

You divide your dmg to the factor (1+MDB/100). What my test did was noticing a hard cap on this, you can never reach a reduction of -100 MDB on foes, what would result to any tier 1 nuke dealing infinite dmg.

The hard cap makes sure you just can have double the max nuke potential for any tier (what means MDB -50).
that section of the equation is (Magic Attack + magic attack bonus + if(crit)magic crit damage) / (magic defense + magic defense bonus)
magic attack == 100
magic defense == 100
magic defense bonus varies by enemy.
magic defense bonus can be reduced to a minimum of -50.
magic attack bonus can be reduced to -100 (double weakness sets it to this regardless of your gear)

To hit MDB-50 on a mob with a base MDB+50 it would take -100 through the two means that exist. WS additional effects & bolster idris malaise.
On an enemy with MDB+0, you can easily hit the cap with idris ecliptic malaise.
edit: didn't realize there was also a blu spell w/ it. too bad it's an unbridled learning spell. also the floor is stupid high, not many enemies can benefit from stacking.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
Server: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-10-18 20:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

and now made apparent through the JP ambu video:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Tearing_Gust
By SMN4LIFE 2020-10-19 16:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the quick reply. I want to re-gear my BLM, didn't want to grind Ambuscade if I didn't have to.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-19 16:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a decent starting point for anyone, and you still can use the cape, eventually some pieces from situational sets.

But i guess for free nukes with macc, relic is too strong, as well its Ea set for magic burst.

And anyway, this month ambuscade is super easy, way easier than previous 3 months IMO. So, anyone should spend sometime for some efficient points, for cash/gear/etc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-11-06 11:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
To hit MDB-50 on a mob with a base MDB+50 it would take -100 through the two means that exist. WS additional effects & bolster idris malaise.
On an enemy with MDB+0, you can easily hit the cap with idris ecliptic malaise.
edit: didn't realize there was also a blu spell w/ it. too bad it's an unbridled learning spell. also the floor is stupid high, not many enemies can benefit from stacking.

don't forget bst has purulent ooze which is very reliable -25 mdb
By Mrxi 2020-11-06 11:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

No one uses Tearing Gust most likely, but blu also gets - 10 from acrid stream, usually set to get triple attack trait. and Sound blast, INT down that overwrites self and also gives MAB trait.
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2020-11-12 01:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello there.
Any up-to-date guide for BLM?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-01-05 03:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I'm wondering on how to fix issues with my BLM. It seems recently I'm struggling to hit 99k with Magic bursts, and I'm not sure as to why.
The only thing that has changed with buffs is Idris > non-Idris.
I'm mostly wondering is it normal to not cap damage with a non-Idris GEO? On Kei for example, an Elemental Seal Thunder 6 would do on average 52k. I'm so used to hitting constant 99k nukes and since I no longer hit cap, I'm confused if it's a gear issue (macc) or a buff issue (lack of mdb reduction). How could I find out which it is? My regular low Macc magic burst set is below:

Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-05 08:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'm mostly wondering is it normal to not cap damage with a non-Idris GEO? On Kei

Yes, that's normal on Kei. 50-60K ish range happens all the time without idris.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-02-11 08:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bunzi's Rod + Ammurapi VS Lathi/Enki
-14 INT
+5(+20 with aug)MAB
+68 MACC
+10MBB I
+27 Magic Accuracy Skill

the 10MBB really frees up other slots also when bursting, unknown C value on augment still

zzzz I know blm not much use anymore. but been wanting to toss Lathi for years
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-02-11 08:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's clearly superior, but I prefer using staves on BLM and SCH so I have access to Myrkr when needed. I pretty much only solo with those jobs anyway. I have been using Marin Staff +1 lately anyway.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-11 09:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

They really should bump starlight moonlight mods
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-02-11 09:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure Maxentius + Ammurapi shield was already very competitive with Lathi/Enki already. Bunzi just looks like a slightly stronger Maxentius, so seems ok to me.

Note that BLM probably caps MBB without any of these weapons very easily between JSE neck and Ea +1
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2021-03-14 04:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I'm pretty sure Maxentius + Ammurapi shield was already very competitive with Lathi/Enki already. Bunzi just looks like a slightly stronger Maxentius, so seems ok to me.

Note that BLM probably caps MBB without any of these weapons very easily between JSE neck and Ea +1

wouldnt daybreak+ammu be best nuking setup now? I maybe am missing something, its been yrs since I blm, but I am looking to pick it up again just because.

Also anyone got a BiS lua already and want to save me a ton of time by sending it so I can plug and play haha?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-14 04:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Bunzi's Rod + Ammurapi VS Lathi/Enki
-14 INT
+5(+20 with aug)MAB
+68 MACC
+10MBB I
+27 Magic Accuracy Skill

the 10MBB really frees up other slots also when bursting, unknown C value on augment still

See the hard thing becomes....what really does that "freeing up other slots" result in?

Neck- you're not gonna give up JSE+2 with its +10 MBB 1, great INT, decent MAB, and killer macc- even extra macc on bursts.

Head/Body/Legs- Ea+1 is just so hard to beat, getting respectable MAB/macc, along with both MBB 1 and MBB 2.

Your back is always going to be a JSE cape, so there's +5 MBB 1 as well.

And already you're at 39 magic burst bonus 1 out of 40.

The annoying thing is that while Ea+1 is amazing for magic burst bonuses, getting high numbers of both, its lower on MAB than most "free nuking" gear. But because it gets both types of Burst Bonus, I don't see a way to avoid it.

Two pieces from Atonement 3 Odyssey gear have me extremely interested as possible improvements-

Agwu's hands should replace Amalaric+1 hands as they'll end up with better MAB and both Burst Bonuses vs just MBB 2. This might end up allowing some gear changes for bursting, and if nothing else squeeze a little more raw power stats vs just burst bonus into sets.

Mpaca's Staff doesn't look too amazing at first, but 2 more points of MBB 2 along with high MAB and "respectable" INT after augments may be interesting. Considering I don't see myself augmenting any Mpaca gear (I really don't play those jobs), I'll likely end up throwing RP earned on that fight at it just for fun.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 48 49 50