First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2017-02-14 23:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Norminator said: »
thorva on your setup the only item i don' have are the body +3 (Currently +2 working on +3) HQ hand and ring.

Generally you will be using the empy +1 body for the enfeeble effect potency. The +3 body is generally used more for accuracy such as frazzle 2 so that you can land frazzle 3.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-02-14 23:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is one of my current sets(a high macc set)- probably a mix of HQ and NQ that I thought worth showing that until you can afford the absolute best, you can prioritize and make real solid gains in your macc build.

ItemSet 349532

Augments:
Grioavolr- "Mag. Acc.+24,Enfb. mag. skill +16, Magic Damage+7"

Chironic gloves-"INT+8,accuracy+4,attack+4,Mag.Acc.+40, 'Magic Attack Bonus' +14"

Chironic Hose-
"MND+4,Mag.Acc.+38, 'Mag. Atk. Bns.' +24, 'Conserve MP+2'"

Sucellos's Cape-"MND+20, macc+30/mdmg+20"

It needs improvement. Hands are only a marginal better over NQ Kaykaus, and really only for INT based spells at that...as one example. But you don't have to go every slot all-in, right from the start. Plan your progress.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-15 01:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Well if it were possible for something to be 150% silenced then I guess Sab would work on that too. Inundation is the only one I'm really curious about because "potency" could mean the SC damage multiplier (+0.20 vs 0.324 per type used).
Didn't SE say the multiplier is "fixed" and changes according to the number of WS/Steps and nothing else?
Sounds like there's no relevance with Enf skill, INT, MND or anything else.
Can Inundation even be resisted?
 Asura.Silversean
By Asura.Silversean 2017-02-16 00:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So has anyone tested D/F with full potency+ gear including Ux boots?

Also I found some information on the Dev Tracker notes regarding this update that is interesting. I'll quote it below:

"As for the spells “Frazzle” and “Distract”, we plan on increasing the duration of their effects to 5 minutes, and increasing the base potency of "Frazzle III" and "Distract III". With this adjustment, even when half-resisted, it is possible it will result in a duration longer than what an unresisted spell will currently do (The potency is not affected even during half or quarter resists).

Monsters will have reduced magic evasion as well, and we will try not to add too many monsters in the future with high darkness resistance (though we won’t say there won’t be any darkness-aligned monsters at all). This also applies to the new “Ambuscade” content in February, so we hope players try it out there."

So even if resisted D/F's potencies won't suffer?

"Frazzle (2017/1/11)

We have received a few questions regarding the spell Frazzle. Enemies have separate stats for resisting status ailments and resisting elements. The former refers to traits such as “Resist Blind”, and the latter includes the resistance of spells such as Frazzle.

A monster with high darkness resistance may be able to be hit with Blind if it has little Resist Blind, but may still resist Frazzle. This is intended by design.

• So are the trash magian trial elemental affinity staves good now?

This is a surprise to me. Does this mean even if we raise our Darkness resistance to 999, it won’t make a difference in resisting Sleep or Blind? Does that mean we should stop casting Barblizzara when we’re trying to avoid Paralyze? Or is this just the settings meant for monsters?
As you mentioned, these are the settings used when determining how player spells affect monsters. For players, both the elemental resistance and the ailment resistance is considered when status ailments are cast on them. Thus, equipment with elemental resistances and the various Bar- spells from White Mages all contribute to resisting status ailments. "

Should we gear for dark element affinity with pixie+1 and archon ring and/or BRD with Threnody?

Links to Dev Tracker:

Frazzle

Combat Balance
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2017-02-16 11:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Silversean said: »
So has anyone tested D/F with full potency+ gear including Ux boots?

Check back on page 6.
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-16 17:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody tested the duration of Frazzle I/II/III post patch? can't seem to find it anywhere.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-02-16 19:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tested it. Looks like Frazzle III duration is 5 minutes (5 minutes 20 seconds with JP)
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-02-16 20:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It was actually listed in a dev comment that was pasted a couple posts up.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-17 01:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Question for Saboteur and Lethargy+1 gloves. I guess they have to be worn midcast for the additional bonus to take effect, and precasting them for the use of Saboteur JA does nothing?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-17 01:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that's the case for most, if not all, Empyrean armor bonuses.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-17 03:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Spent like over 20mils gil getting RDM JSE armors, I'm so broke now.
Please allow me to review what I got and why, and correct me where I'm wrong so I can learn a bit.

AF:
Got Hands for Duration (which I intend to midcast enhancing magic with) and Body because I eventually intend to get it to +2 at least, won't happen for a while though.

Relic:
Head => Idle Refresh, situationally useful for #group2 merit spells Midcast
Body => Chainspell extension, plus FC item but I don't really need it since I have Zendik
Feet => Situationally useful to midcast with on #group2 merit spells

Empy:
Body => Enf magic midcast. If you can eat the loss of macc, enfskill and other stats, it's gonna make your enf magic 14% stronger
Hands => Saboteur midcast, again... if you can eat the macc/stats loss compared to other pieces
Legs => "Refresh" spell midcast
Feet => Enha spells midcast
4/5 set => Enha magic midcast if Composure is up

I was also considering getting some Spell Interruption Rate items to precast with, given how I don't need my full fastcast precast set thanks to 30% FC from traits (plus more from gifts)
Carmine+1 legs and Chironic hands already offer a solid amount of SIR. Was thinking to get Rosette Jaseran +1, is that a stupid idea? I don't plan on tanking, I don't plan on getting hit by multiple monsters either, so SIR doesn't really sound particularly useful...
Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-02-17 04:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

just get 2 item for aquaveil +1 and you can't skip SpIR, with aqua up, you won't get interupt at all.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-02-17 08:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Your decisions are correct, however I do want to clarify a few things because I believe you're viewing a few things in a "limited" way-

Relic Body- more than just fastcast/chainspell, it's your Enhancing magic body piece as well.
Empy Body- will be your primary enfeebling piece, outside of extreme resist situations. That +14% just can't be beat, and you'll gear your other sets to make it work.
Empy Hands-Again, your primary enfeebling hands outside of extreme resist situations. Use them whenever you can.

Artifact Body, even at +2, is now my default high-macc enfeebling body. Don't forget that at +2 it gives an extra tic to refresh, and @+3, 2 tics to refresh. Not idle, but the spell. Quite powerful.

Again, no arguments at all with your points. Just wanted to expand upon them. Your 20 mil was well spent, no worries!
 Asura.Silversean
By Asura.Silversean 2017-02-17 09:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I did extensive testing with Byrne of Asura in Brenner and will compile the findings here (sorry for the trash formatting). Unless otherwise specified the target was not wearing any gear.

Enfeebling Set
613 Enfeebling Skill
101+178 MND
-130 EVA

Enfeebling Set + Saboteur
613 Enfeebling Skill
101+178 MND
-263 EVA

MACC Set
509 Enfeebling Skill
101+196 MND
-101 EVA

MACC Set + Saboteur
509 Enfeebling Skill
101+196 MND
-192 EVA
9:00 Duration

Potency Set (mixture of Enfeebling and Potency items
568 Enfeebling Set
101+165 MND
-149 EVA
6:00 Duration

Potency Set + Saboteur
568 Enfeebling Skill
101+165 MND
-300 EVA
10:00 Duration

MACC Potency Set (mixture of MACC and Potency items
509 Enfeebling Skill
101+185 MND
-129 EVA
5:00 Duration

MACC Potency + Saboteur
509 Enfeebling Skill
101+185 MND
-233 EVA
10:00 Duration

Enfeebling Set, capped at 600 skill
600 Enfeebling Skill
101+178 MND
-127 EVA

Enfeebling Set, capped at 595 skill
595 Enfeebling Skill
101+149 MND
-125 EVA

Enfeebling Set + Pixie+1 + Archon Ring
586 Enfeebling Skill
101+141 MND
-123 EVA

Enfeebling Set + Potency with Target wearing gear
568 Enfeebling Skill
101+165 MND
-137 EVA
2:00 Duration
Target MND: 107+174

Enfeebling Set + Potency with target wearing gear, Frazzle 3 before Distract 3
568 Enfeebling Skill
101+165 MND
-137 EVA

Enfeebling Set + Potency with target wearing gear (higher dMND)
568 Enfeebling Skill
101+197 MND
-139 EVA
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2017-02-17 09:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

@Silversean Nerd! :)
 Asura.Silversean
By Asura.Silversean 2017-02-17 09:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

yea
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-17 10:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Preliminary testing on Distract/Frazzle III can be found on page 6 of this thread, with further testing here.

New formula is [Floor(6/21)(Enfeebling Skill - 190)] + Floor(dMND/5) where the dMND component has a minimum value of 0 and maximum value of 10 (dMND=50).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2017-02-17 10:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I was also considering getting some Spell Interruption Rate items to precast with, given how I don't need my full fastcast precast set thanks to 30% FC from traits (plus more from gifts)
Carmine+1 legs and Chironic hands already offer a solid amount of SIR. Was thinking to get Rosette Jaseran +1, is that a stupid idea? I don't plan on tanking, I don't plan on getting hit by multiple monsters either, so SIR doesn't really sound particularly useful...
Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks.
Well, the main issue here is gonna be that you would have to midcast those SIRD pieces for them to have any effect. SIRD gear has to be equipped when you take the hits. So unless those slots are empty in your midcast(unlikely I'd think) then you won't be wearing the SIRD when you actually get hit.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-17 10:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM can cap in 6 pieces; you're probably carrying 4-5 of them already (Staunch Tathlum/+1/Impatiens, Rosette Jaseran +1, Chironic Gloves, Emphatikos Rope, Carmine Cuisses +1, Amalric Nails/+1, + Evanescence Ring if you have NQ legs). Might as well grab the body and have a full set around to fall back on in case you do need it.
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2017-02-17 11:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my Atrophy Gloves +3 last night. Sadly no shield drop from Kei. I always do a couple casts to test new duration. My Haste II duration is now 24min on myself with Composure. On others its 8min 47sec.
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-02-17 12:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

wait, what, you tested without me?!!!????
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2017-02-17 12:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
wait, what, you tested without me?!!!????

Well...I do need to test something. Mind me casting Poison II on you over and over?

Spent like over 20mils gil getting RDM JSE armors, I'm so broke now.
Please allow me to review what I got and why, and correct me where I'm wrong so I can learn a bit.

AF:
Got Hands for Duration (which I intend to midcast enhancing magic with) and Body because I eventually intend to get it to +2 at least, won't happen for a while though.

Relic:
Head => Idle Refresh, situationally useful for #group2 merit spells Midcast
Body => Chainspell extension, plus FC item but I don't really need it since I have Zendik
Feet => Situationally useful to midcast with on #group2 merit spells

Empy:
Body => Enf magic midcast. If you can eat the loss of macc, enfskill and other stats, it's gonna make your enf magic 14% stronger
Hands => Saboteur midcast, again... if you can eat the macc/stats loss compared to other pieces
Legs => "Refresh" spell midcast
Feet => Enha spells midcast
4/5 set => Enha magic midcast if Composure is up

AF(+2/+3 Versions)-
Head: Fast Cast, Original Pimp Hat
Body: Enfeebling Macc, Refresh Potency
Hands: Enhancing Magic Duration, Physical Acc, WSD Piece
Legs: Enhancing Magic Skill

Relic -
Head: Idle, Enfeebling Skill for Distract/Frazzle/Poison
Body: Fast Cast, Enhancing Magic Skill
Hands: Enhancing Magic Skill

Empy -
If you can't eat the Macc loss you usually use other tricks to get full potency effects from Body and Hands(with Saboteur). These might be Elemental Seal, Stymie or casting Frazzle II with full Macc to stick Frazzle III then continue.

I know I said before but people aren't checking previous pages or even guide post I think. 4/5 Set is when Composure is up and casting on others. Self buffs for duration best is 3/5 Telchine, AF Gloves and Empy Feet.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2017-02-17 12:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Several respected RDMs have mentioned the "full macc Frazzle II" technique, and it bears repeating, as well as it should have a place in your lua or macros (however you play) as a separate gearset. Another thing that doesn't get mentioned enough in forums/game, but it does constantly among top players- synergy between jobs, and not just in the enhancing department.

BRD+RDM- a good BRD will throw the proper Threnody before you attempt to land a specific enfeeble.

COR+RDM-to give the mob effectively Dia IV.

GEO+RDM-with the new limits to GEO bubbles, this is even more important.

We're gonna have to work together to stack our effects/abilities to get the same/similar results we were getting before this last update. And in regards to other job synergy benefits, these are things that have been helping many of us for a long time.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-02-17 13:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Several respected RDMs have mentioned the "full macc Frazzle II" technique, and it bears repeating, as well as it should have a place in your lua or macros (however you play) as a separate gearset. Another thing that doesn't get mentioned enough in forums/game, but it does constantly among top players- synergy between jobs, and not just in the enhancing department.

BRD+RDM- a good BRD will throw the proper Threnody before you attempt to land a specific enfeeble.

COR+RDM-to give the mob effectively Dia IV.

GEO+RDM-with the new limits to GEO bubbles, this is even more important.

We're gonna have to work together to stack our effects/abilities to get the same/similar results we were getting before this last update. And in regards to other job synergy benefits, these are things that have been helping many of us for a long time.

To add on this, even though its Less likely an option, Dancer can do some nice steps to help with Melee strats as well. Blu has so many options from spells to reduce def M.def etc even if its limited window and yes lot of NM resist or remove things on them much faster than lower level. War and Drg each have a JA that gives nice Special Def down stuff. People get stuck in a single minded strategy about things and "The only way to win is this way". Due to lots of testing from many different groups there are some strats that are over looked that we need to recheck.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-18 07:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Your decisions are correct, however I do want to clarify a few things because I believe you're viewing a few things in a "limited" way-

[cut]
Yeah I see your point, I'm just starting out on RDM, I don't plan on stopping here, I only want to get better from here onwards :)

I have some doubts for my sets.
Atm I only have one Enfeebling magic set, I plan to split this in two (one for MND, one for INT) but atm I simply have no good options so I will wait until I gather better gear.
My Enf seet looks like:

603 skill
288 macc
228 macc skill
204 INT
198 MND

Some easy swaps I could do and what I'm wondering about:
1) Mephitis grip in place of Enki Strap? (less stats, less macc, more enf skill)
2) Rumination Sash in place of Luminary Sash? (less raw macc, more enf skill)

I should also probably equip Stikini over Weatherspoon+1...

Similarly for Enhancing Magic I was originally planning to have three different midcast sets: One with 4/5 AF3 to buff other people with composure up, One with 3/5 Telchine Atro gloves and AF3 feet to buff when composure is down or with >30mins buffs, last set one focusing on enhancing magic skill at the cost of duration.

Still, I noticed in my "duration" set I have 534 enha skill already.
Now most spells cap at 500, the only spells not capping at 500 are uh... Temper and Temper 2? Anything else caps over 500? So I'm not sure I want to bother with that anymore.
 Ragnarok.Rydal
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2017-02-18 09:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Now most spells cap at 500, the only spells not capping at 500 are uh... Temper and Temper 2? Anything else caps over 500? So I'm not sure I want to bother with that anymore.

Temper I and II and Enspells. That's it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-18 09:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Atm I only have one Enfeebling magic set, I plan to split this in two (one for MND, one for INT) but atm I simply have no good options so I will wait until I gather

You need three minimum, four if you want to include an INT set for ... Gravity or Burn?

Enfeebling Magic Skill (using Empy Body not a skill one), Distract III, Frazzle III, Poison II and maybe Dia III as it has a decent DoT effect now but that's really pushing it.

Enfeebling Magic Accuracy (Sleep / Bind / Gravity / Silence / Frazzle II / Distract II)

Enfeebling Magic MND Stat (Addle II, Slow II, Paralyze II)

The only INT based enfeeble with any potency is Blind II and it's only useful if your evasion tanking some low level stuff for whatever reason.

A nifty trick in a longer fight is to use Distract II to test to see if your Distract III has worn off / was removed before using Sab Distract III again on it. Sometimes the removal message can get lost in transit and you want to be sure, so toss distract II, if it lands you can overwrite it with a proper powered up Distract III.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-18 10:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Good tip there.

Also good points, brainfarted and didn't consider some debuffs do not get increased potency obviously.
Why did you put Dist/Fraz 2 in there though? Those should get increased potency from Empybody etc?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-18 10:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Empy body is used in all variable potency debuffs. Frazzle II is just used to setup for Sab Frazzle III so less chance of wasting the JA on resistant targets. Distract II is used to check and see if III has worn off or not before using Sab. Sab is consumed whether you land the debuff or not so really want to be sure it's not wasted.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 141 142 143