Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Andryy said: »
ItemSet 365292
Hands = Path D
Taeon = RAcc/Ratk+20 Snapshot+10
Cape = AGI+20 RAcc+30 RAtk+20 STP+10

Any thoughts, besides Volte?

Have yet to work on WS set...

That's interesting.. have you tried this yet? I'm wondering if Kaja Bow gives Empyreal Arrow without /RNG?
By Trigue 2019-02-25 18:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless of how silly somethings may seem it's fun seeing limits of a job's utility being explored like this. But yeah... XD Curious to see the dps from the WS. Make Ranged Red Mage Great Again!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-25 18:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Any weapon that "gives: weaponskill" can be used, period. It's not limited in any way by main sub or even having completed the quest to unlock it.

... I think you can even have 0 Archery skill, and still use it
[+]
By Trigue 2019-02-25 18:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Also what I noted with the bow was Empyreal Arrow has a fusion skillchain property which RDM normally doesn't have access to through Sword (unless you're using Excalibur) or Dagger ws's.

The set looks cool. Raetic Arrow and Telos Earring come to mind for improvements for pewpewing
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-02-25 18:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Andryy said: »
ItemSet 365292
Hands = Path D
Taeon = RAcc/Ratk+20 Snapshot+10
Cape = AGI+20 RAcc+30 RAtk+20 STP+10

Any thoughts, besides Volte?

Have yet to work on WS set...

Ive tried shooting for tp but abandoned it awhile ago when I realized singlewield murgleis could do mixed multistepping sword+arching arrow ws.
When i did dualwield melee tp, i'd use offhand atoyac with OaT +stp aug

I used to play around with up to 3-5step mixing sword+bow ws with an Exalted Bow+1 something like:
DeathBlossom->Arching Arrow->CDC
DeathBlossom->CDC->Arching Arrow->Savage->CDC
DeathBlossom->CDC->Arching Arrow->DeathBlossom->CDC

Also if you pop spontaneity before your multistepping you can pull off bursting at the end effortlessly since the burst window after the ws animation feels really small.

This was my (old) arching arrow ws set, the rdm AF will look a bit 'wtf', but the setbonus+earring gives racc sufficient for stuff like t1-t2 reisen that I was testing on.

ItemSet 365314
Throwing in Gain-AGI, distract3 helps more than enough so bow ws wont miss.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-25 19:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

speaking as a RDM who plays a lot of RNG and COR, I can't imagine that a shooting RDM will ever gain TP faster than a meleeing RDM, and with the changes to enspell damage, the white damage shouldn't even be close.

I'd suggest building an extremely high ranged accuracy build for your Ranged Weaponskills, but stick to meleeing for TP between Weaponskills, and use the utility of Bow to take advantage of Inundation bonus and skillchain options, but not for actual TP gain.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2019-02-25 19:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

From a non RDM I was thinking it was more of you are a support in a Ranged strat, might as well shoot too. If you can mele, mele way better
[+]
By Aerix 2019-02-25 19:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really have the inventory space to make a RAcc set right now, but if someone else plans to take the time I'd love to see some numbers for a SB > CDC > Empyreal > SB > CDC multistep skillchain. Maybe open with Requiescat if your TP allows for 6-stepping.
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-02-25 20:28:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranged RDM seems like one of those things you do when you’re bored.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2019-02-26 00:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »

If you have taken RDM seriously in the last few years you maaaay end up wanting to shoot things to have your solo game rise up a notch. Bored is one way of looking at it, opportunity is another.
By Aerix 2019-02-26 07:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see shooting (rather than just using Empyreal for Fusion) being useful in fights with a Trust tanking for you while you stay out of AoE range. COR or RNG could do way better, but if enfeebles are relevant then it might not be unreasonable.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-26 07:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »

If you have taken RDM seriously in the last few years you maaaay end up wanting to shoot things to have your solo game rise up a notch. Bored is one way of looking at it, opportunity is another.

For you, the day Archery RDM graced your FFXI was the most important day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday.
[+]
 Odin.Andryy
Server: Odin
user: Majour
By Odin.Andryy 2019-02-26 14:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

There obviously is no point in arguing about RDMs melee capabilities being far superior to ranged attacks. Higher skill, much better weaponry and gear options, but most of all Temper II.

I just thought it might be fun to gear up for yet another very niche situation in which meleeing simply isn't an option. I rarely get to play anything besides RDM, which suits me just fine, as it is the one job I truly love. All the other jobs I leveled and geared are almost completely unplayed outside of JP PTs or Gain Money and now I don't see any point in even trying anymore. Which means more inventory space for my RDM, as it should be.

Oh, and I added the Demon Arrow to the posted set on purpose, as it is a chance to add 12.5% Attack Down to Dia III.

We play in rather small groups (who doesn't these days?) of 6-8 and mostly use ranged tactics involving jobs like COR, RNG, GEO, SMN for lack of a dedicated WHM to support melee-heavy setups. So me being able to do even more from long distance is a plus, however tiny the benefit.

Posting my (not yet fully collected) ranged TP set was an attempt to receive feedback for possible improvements, or invite you to share some experiences as bow RDMs (from "utterly useless on <insertmobhere>" to "fantastic for..."), maybe even see some good Empyreal Arrow sets.

Once I finished gathering the few missing pieces for the set and the augmenting is done, I will test it on various mobs and post some results for what it's worth.
[+]
By Afania 2019-02-26 14:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Theory crafting and experimenting different playstyle is what makes ffxi fun Though! :) #RangedRDMYesPlz
[+]
By Dagmar 2019-02-26 14:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Was doing windy wave 2 boss last night and I had a horrible time landing dispel on it and frazzle . Distract landed every time. Anyone know if maybe theres a phase thing to the nm because dispel and frazzle would land but it seemed like there was a window where it would let several dispels land and then back to resists. My red mage isnt perfect but its decent and around 1700 plus job points.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-02-26 15:29:43
Link | Quote | Reply

When Dyna D 1st came out is was a struggle landing frazzle and dispels on wave 2 bosses even as master RDM. Likely had languor support at the time as well. Stewpot might of been a option back then but i think i was choking down pear crepes. Ya distract landed pretty decently then along with addle ect. I just wanna assume they were dark based and had a lot of dark resist would of made sense why frazzle and dispel resisted so much.

Now i have+3 relic feet head Hands (For Gain Boost +30)+2 JSE neck, HQ stikini x2 (Dont think i had em at the time Dyna D came out). I eat stewpot and landing frazzle is a non issue on wave 2 bosses. Ya it might very rarely resist the 1st cast. (This was my experience before the recent Rdm adjustments for Sab and Comp as well.) Kaja Bow for dispels is a great upgrade that recently came out to. Just need to convince a certain galka out there to make one. Think he was like lore wise it makes no sense for rdm to use a bow, I'm not making this. Squints eyes at him
By Boshi 2019-02-26 17:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Bahamut.Agerine said: »

For you, the day Archery RDM graced your FFXI was the most important day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday.

Why would anyone ever have a lua without ranged WS on rdm?
[+]
By Dagmar 2019-02-26 18:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

My gear isnt on that level yet. But if you're landing like that and landing consistently then it's not an issue where it's in a magic resistant phase. It's my gear. Thanks for the clarification.
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-02-26 19:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Dagmar said: »
Was doing windy wave 2 boss last night and I had a horrible time landing dispel on it and frazzle . Distract landed every time. Anyone know if maybe theres a phase thing to the nm because dispel and frazzle would land but it seemed like there was a window where it would let several dispels land and then back to resists. My red mage isnt perfect but its decent and around 1700 plus job points.

I simply Stymie Saboteur Frazzle III from starting pull and it's plenty for the entire fight. If it is under 50% it can do super Perfect Dodge which lets it evade magic as well called Pristine Evasion, so basically Perfect Dodge+Elemental Sforzo for 30s.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-27 02:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I compiled this small recap for a returning friend.
Can anybody help me spot errors or any major things to fix? I'm sure I must have made at least a couple of errors in there.

RDM enfeebling magic have these aspects that can potentially affect them.

1. Enfeebling Magic Effect

2. Magic Accuracy

3. Enfeebling Skill

4. Stats

5. Enfeebling Magic Duration

While refining your midcast sets this means:
1) For spells that don't benefit from "Enfeebling Magic Effect +" you can put more macc in those slots.
2) For Frazzle/Distract/Poison you will want to trade macc for skill, in slots where the tradeoff makes sense. For all other spells, you should see skill as an alternative way to get macc, and weighted as such when comparing items on a certain slot.
3) For spells that benefit from dStats, you will want to pick gear with high MND/INT values according to the nature of the spell. In many slot you won't have a lot of choices, given the amount of stats each item gives in the post-adoulin era.

It's not always easy to know when to trade Macc for Skill/Stats, you will reach a point where you might want multiple sets and a command to pick between them, but you'll think about that in due time :D
[+]
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2019-02-27 03:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question. What is the best shield option for meleeing with no dual wield ? I didn't find much to improve offensive potency. Maybe Deliverance or Forfend for the extra acc ?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-27 03:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure why you're not considering Genmei Shield?
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2019-02-27 03:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

For some reason I totally missed the acc/att +15 on it. I have my answer, thx ! =)
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-02-27 05:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone actually tested MND vs INT on Sanguine Blade? Saw many pages back that INT was suggested over MND, but I've been testing with +55 Gain-MND vs +55 Gain-INT, and whether it's Apex Bats in Dho Gates or lvl1 rabbits outside Sandy, MND has come out on top for damage. Wonder if I'm missing something here or if something has changed with calculating damage?
 Asura.Finbar
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2019-02-27 08:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

For the 'enhancing others' set on the front page, am I mistaken in thinking that Telchine with max enhance duration augments for head and legs would be equally as effective as the set posted, and that using Lethargy Sayon +1 with the other three Lethargy pieces would be equally as effective?

I'm not sure if Viti. Tabard +3 is calculated at a later time as the rest, like Ghostfyre cape, but if not the extra set bonus for a 4th Empy piece should be +15%, equal to the Viti. Tabard +3 and is a good bit cheaper.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-02-27 08:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

(Normal Duration + RDM Job Points + Gear that list Seconds) × (Augments Composure Bonus) × (Nonaugmented Gear + Naturalist's Roll) × (Augmented Gear) x (Rune Gifts)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-27 08:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »
Has anyone actually tested MND vs INT on Sanguine Blade? Saw many pages back that INT was suggested over MND, but I've been testing with +55 Gain-MND vs +55 Gain-INT, and whether it's Apex Bats in Dho Gates or lvl1 rabbits outside Sandy, MND has come out on top for damage. Wonder if I'm missing something here or if something has changed with calculating damage?

INT always won for me, likely something is off on your gear or results. Likely your running into some sort of dINT cap on low level mobs.

Base Magical WS Damage = ((152 + floor((WeaponLevel-99)*2.45) + WSC) * fTP + dSTAT + Magic Damage (Statistic)

((201 + WSC) * 2.847) + (dINT * 2) + MDMG

Using 2.847 because I found fotia gorget works better then the MAB we get in the neck slot since RDM gets so much MAB already. Sang has a double bonus on it's dSTAT formula, this gives it a WSC value of around 70~75% since the fTP value of Sang blade doesn't change with TP.

Adding 10 MND vs adding 10 INT

MND: 10 * 0.5 * 2.847 = +14.235 base damage
INT: 10 * 2.0 = +20 base damage

Most magic WS's have a dSTAT cap, the older WS's have a low cap while the newer WS's have one thats so high we haven't seen it yet.
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2019-02-27 08:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

INT always won for me, likely something is off on your gear or results. Likely your running into some sort of dINT cap on low level mobs.

Any mob you'd recommend for testing? If an Apex bat isn't good enough I'm thinking of trying it on some T1s or T2s in Reisenjima perhaps.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-02-27 09:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Indigla said: »

Any mob you'd recommend for testing? If an Apex bat isn't good enough I'm thinking of trying it on some T1s or T2s in Reisenjima perhaps.

We used Apex Crabs and Pugils in Doh Gates. Bats are bad cause they super resistant to Dark Magic.
First Page 2 3 ... 57 58 59 ... 141 142 143