First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Vapours
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Raithen
By Asura.Vapours 2019-01-06 21:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Double weather is +25% damage on it's own term while single weather is +10%. Weather obi would be better then Orpheus but only if double weather is present. Elemental Affinity and Weather Bonus are two separate terms that get multiplied like the rest.

Yes, I definitely listed that in the part where I said Pixie+1&Archon is 1.33 in the Affinity term and double weather is 1.25 in the weather term. By the associative property, those terms would end up being a 1.6625 multiplier. Thus the comparison to not-guaranteed weather with Orpheus's Sash.

It sounds like you're saying Orpheus's Sash actually only +0.15 to the Affinity term? If so then yes your Pixie+1/Archon/Orpheus's Sash set would only have 1.48 in the Affinity term, which clearly loses to 1.6625 with Pixie+1/Archon/Obi in double weather. And with no Fire: MAB gear like Dark has, it's much easier to see Affinity 1.15 Orpheus vs weather 1.25 Obi is best for double fire Red Lotus.

Sorry for the confusion there if that's the case, SE just has poor consistency when it comes to wording things and I assumed a really damn good Affinity thing which functioned like Affinity: Magic Damage +X on old Magian staves, which would justify the prices.
By SimonSes 2019-01-06 22:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

When you calculate damage like that you really need to actually take into consideration that weather proc without obi too with afaik 33% chance, so 33% to actually get 1.48*1.25=1.85 multiplier, so avg for Pixie+1/Sash/Archon is actually on avg 1.6, which is far closer to double weather obi than 1.48 you mentioned. I really dont understand why ppl keep ignoring the fact that weather works without Obi too just with less consistency.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-01-06 23:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vapours said: »
Yes, I definitely listed that in the part where I said Pixie+1&Archon is 1.33 in the Affinity term and double weather is 1.25 in the weather term. By the associative property, those terms would end up being a 1.6625 multiplier. Thus the comparison to not-guaranteed weather with Orpheus's Sash.

You are confusing yourself and adding when you should multiply.

Base * (mDiff) * (Affinity) * (Weather) * (SDT)

Since we don't care about mDiff, SDT and base will be the same regardless the only thing that matters is Affinity vs Weather.

Pixie Hairpin is 28 Affinity, Archon is 5 and Sash is 15.

With Sash
28+5+15 = 1.48

Without Sash 1.33

Single Weather 1.33 * 1.10 = 1.463
Double Weather 1.33 * 1.25 = 1.6625

So at face value
Double Weather Obi > Sash > Single Weather Obi

Accounting for the 33% chance at adding 10% (0.33 * 0.10) = 1.033, for 25% it's (0.33 * 0.25) = 1.0825

With Sash and Single Weather it's 1.48 * 1.033 = 1.52
With Sash and Double Weather it's 1.48 * 1.082 = 1.60

So the order doesn't change, Sash is better unless double weather then Obi is better.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-19 18:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Monko said: »
I've been using a set similar to this one:
ItemSet 361341
My set is a bit different >>
Neck is Sanctity
Feet are Amalric +1
E-Ring is Keriyeh
Regal is Ishvara (useless? i just dont have regal ear yet)

With a 900 Geo-Malaise in Omen I've been hitting around 27k on Sanguine (Trash Mobs, not the cature) and was wondering if anyone else is trying this set out and can tell me some more ways I can enhance the output.

The geo was at the backline with Indi-refresh I think so I was missing Acumen and no Cor for Wizards roll. Will those two alone make up a lot of damage?

I was really hoping for a ~40k Sanguine but havent found a group yet to get into for Omen to try a "full magic buff" run. Regardless, it's been pretty fun on Rdm but would like to max it out as much as I can.

You using Gain-MND when sanguine spamming?
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-19 18:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Monko said: »
I've been using a set similar to this one:
ItemSet 361341
My set is a bit different >>
Neck is Sanctity
Feet are Amalric +1
E-Ring is Keriyeh
Regal is Ishvara (useless? i just dont have regal ear yet)

With a 900 Geo-Malaise in Omen I've been hitting around 27k on Sanguine (Trash Mobs, not the cature) and was wondering if anyone else is trying this set out and can tell me some more ways I can enhance the output.

The geo was at the backline with Indi-refresh I think so I was missing Acumen and no Cor for Wizards roll. Will those two alone make up a lot of damage?

I was really hoping for a ~40k Sanguine but havent found a group yet to get into for Omen to try a "full magic buff" run. Regardless, it's been pretty fun on Rdm but would like to max it out as much as I can.

Path C Crocea can be a lot of fun :> My set is similar to the one above except I use Shiva Ring +1 instead of e-ring, Refoccilation Stone for waist or weather obi, and Amalric +1 Feet. How are people incorporating Orpheus Sash into Lua? I'm not really sure how to go about it without the use of a toggle, and I don't want to use a toggle...

I haven't had the chance to test on many mobs but I hit 40k sanguine blade on Blazewing and Gulltop using Geo-Malaise and Acumen with Idris geo. It wasn't as stellar on Urmahlulu and opted for CDC instead.

And, since there's talk of offhanding tp sword, red lotus blade is also capable of dishing out pretty great damage at high TP. You would lose subtle blow (which I really appreciate) and 4% TA from Ternion though.

For the time being, I'd reccommend polling the zone data to see if you're in dynamis D,
Code
if world.area:contains("[D]") then 
always use obi, and orpheus sash unless you have weather and Voidstorm active, (unless you assume that you'll only ever have Voidstorm 2 on, then you can make it solely dependent on that buff). Doing the latter would be less optimal, but it wouldn't kill your DPS. I'll see if I can find a way to differentiate in GS between weather 1 and weather 2, as that would solve most the rest of this puzzle aside from the rare, outside Dyna Double dark weather situations.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-24 16:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a few more updates to the sets in the guides, and added in a set for Impact, as well as a place for it under Elemental Magic list, as it was completely absent.

Eletta bow is currently the BIS magic accuracy option for RDM but it is missing from FFXIAH's database at this time, sets will be updated to reflect it's use at a later date.

For anyone needing a Red Mage job file that isn't hopelessly basic, one can be found here:

https://github.com/Byrne119/Luas/blob/master/RDM.lua
[+]
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-01-24 22:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »

Isn't Gain-INT better?
[+]
By Afania 2019-01-24 22:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Marootsoobootsu said: »

Isn't Gain-INT better?

Havent check math between INT and MND but since MND is 50% wsc and it adds potency for most debuff anyways, I can see MND being universally more useful since rdm gets wsc and debuff potency from it without needing to change stats.

If they ever need to change ws to physical in dyna D during RUN mob SP MND still adds more dmg for savage.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-01-24 22:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

There's absolutely no contest between INT and MND for Sanguine. INT all the way.
By Ruaumoko 2019-01-25 04:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

"Adjustments to the Red Mage job" coming in the next version update. Adjustments being the plural term so it's going to be more than just one change.

I think we can rule new spells out. As much as I'd like to see Red Mage get Virus, especially since some NMs can cast it, I don't think we'll see that.

From the looks of the picture featured at least one of the changes concerns Saboteur, at least I think that animation is Saboteur's. I wonder if they're reducing the penalty when using a Saboteur'd spell on an ITG target, or if they're making it so a Saboteur'd spell cannot be removed via Erase or Na.

I'd honestly like to see Enspell II finally get fixed so they're a stronger version of a first tier Enspell. Make both tiers share the same calculation for initial damage and make it so Enspell II procs on all hits of an attack round. Enspell II should still increase damage with attacks landed as they currently do. Enspell II being buffed like that would make the Path C Crocea Mors even nastier as well. Can you imagine how much damage a fully powered up Enspell II would do with the Crocea?
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-01-25 04:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Do this ^

change enspells & temper from self only to party members.
Make blink actually good.
# of shadows = 1+floor[enhancing skill/100]
proc rate = remaining shadows/[1+remaining shadows].

adjust party only spells so they can be used on everyone, not just RDM for this, bard, cor, geo, etc.

edit: actually change blink and utsusemi completely.
blink:
shadows = 1+floor[enhancing skill /150]
100% proc rate.
one shadow negates an AoE attack.
multiple shadows used for a multi-hit attack.
recast: 30s

utsusemi:
proc rate = remaining shadows/[1+remaining shadows]
damage dealt: multiplied by number of shadows remaining.
one shadow negates a multi-hit attack if it proc's.
AoE attack wipes shadows.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-01-25 05:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love if they gave us half the attack and or acc that enlight and endark give to rdm enspell II.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2019-01-25 05:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

give Temper III (quad attack) and Dia IV
also boost melee accuracy and mythic Death Blossom damage ty.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-01-25 05:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

But will any of the adjustments help RDM cast Haste II??
[+]
By kishr 2019-01-25 06:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Aoe enspells and aoe converts so use it near your tank
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-01-25 07:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Marootsoobootsu said: »

Isn't Gain-INT better?

The reason it was mentioned was specifically because it's more likely that RDM will have Gain-MND up, and not think to change it to Gain INT, as with RDM, only Impact and small number of enfeebling spells are going to benefit from Gain INT.

It was more of a, "are you paying attention to your gain spell?" than a "You should be using MND".

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

Yeah, ~33% quad attack would be a no-no.
By SimonSes 2019-01-25 08:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

Accession working with Haste II? :P
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-01-25 08:19:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

First would be way too much, dia iv would be ok. Not sure what you mean by boost melee accuracy? Like what boost base melee accuracy for rdm only? That wont happen for sure. They could add accuracy bonus to enspells (similar to enlight on pld) tho. Highly doubt that they will touch Death Blossom too. They are probably want to adjust job for everyone playing it, not only mythic users.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-01-25 09:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

"We just noticed RDM on a bunch of H2H weapons for some reason, so we've decided to give them B- skill in punchy punchy."
[+]
By geigei 2019-01-25 10:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
"We just noticed RDM on a bunch of H2H weapons for some reason, so we've decided to give them B- skill in punchy punchy."
Then nobody would play mnk anymore.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-25 10:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

People always say this, but SE had a very very good reason for not allowing Accession to work with Haste.

It's universally targettable. You could have a RDM outside of an alliance and they could instantly haste 3 parties. It would literally break RDM, and not in a good way.

BRDs could switch from 2 march/min/min or 2 march/min/mad to HM/min/min/mad, which they actually have to swap into and out of parties to do.

Same with SMNs, they would have to party swap to do hastega II.

I would love to see Accession to apply to Refresh III though. It's party only.
By Chimerawizard 2019-01-25 11:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
SimonSes said: »

People always say this, but SE had a very very good reason for not allowing Accession to work with Haste.

It's universally targettable. You could have a RDM outside of an alliance and they could instantly haste 3 parties. It would literally break RDM, and not in a good way.

BRDs could switch from 2 march/min/min or 2 march/min/mad to HM/min/min/mad, which they actually have to swap into and out of parties to do.

Same with SMNs, they would have to party swap to do hastega II.

I would love to see Accession to apply to Refresh III though. It's party only.
haste 2 has a 20s recast; accession triples recast with subjob sch. SMN needs how long to repeat a blood pact?
I see nothing game breaking here.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-25 11:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

When the rdm can haste 18 people for ~10 minutes from outside the alliance, and continue to maintain that buff without ever joining a party it is broken. Doesn't matter that it takes 4 minutes to do it, because they never have to take a party spot to do it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-25 11:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh on a scale of how broken is this, it's pretty low. Only really see it as abusable for ambuscade tbh.

Firmly in the qol category.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-01-25 11:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Eh on a scale of how broken is this, it's pretty low. Only really see it as abusable for ambuscade tbh.

Firmly in the qol category.

I'm not saying it makes RDM OP or anything, just that if this change were implemented, now every event potentially has a required rdm, just for haste, that might or might not be a member of the alliance because people suck sometimes.
 Asura.Snapster
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-25 12:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't say it's broken. It seems mostly insignificant to me given that it's only Haste. Yagrush works this way and it's not gated with a job ability.

I would put it in the category of Jishnu's Radiance/Blade: Hi mods. Changing them is the sensible path forward but that would require FFXI developers admitting to a mistake which seems physically impossible.
[+]
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2019-01-25 12:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sword and dagger skill boost mabey A? Give us A+ enhancing for another 20 skill, raise skill cap for more enhancing magic to 600+. Put all the merit spells on scrolls change group 2 merits to Enfeebling effect +1, Enhancing Effect +1, Composure Acc +3-5 Dia or Bio Effect +1, Haste effect +1?

Being able to accession haste and such i'm all for it. Make it less monotonous single targeting it on 10ish ppl in a alli. (Then some nm slowgas everyone or dispels and you wanna /wrist)
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-01-25 13:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cicion said: »
Sword and dagger skill boost
in regard to melee side... RDM is the original fencer. fencing degen, fencer's ring, & fencer's earring. It should have the highest fencer job trait of all, yet it's not even on the list.
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-01-25 13:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Asura.Cicion said: »
Sword and dagger skill boost
in regard to melee side... RDM is the original fencer. fencing degen, fencer's ring, & fencer's earring. It should have the highest fencer job trait of all, yet it's not even on the list.

I've been begging for this since I came back to the game. RDM not having Fencer is the most egregious thematic flaw in the game.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-25 13:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean "fencer" is simply misnamed. What a "fencer" is and does is completely unrelated to what the game's "fencer" does.

Fencing is not about doing damage.

You could argue the critical aspect, as it's partially about "proper striking"
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 141 142 143