Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-05-07 18:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks very much for your assistance! Now to find shards... Lol
By Ruaumoko 2018-05-29 14:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Done. Man, this took a lot longer to make than I thought it would.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2018-05-29 14:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Watched it. Was good. First to like it
By maxiel 2018-05-29 16:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone can confirm if this is fixed?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related/534/#3340571

Don't want to spend 10+ mil on shards, delve/vagary mats on something broken.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-29 16:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Any other RDM can corroborate that Vitiation Tabard +3 enhancing duration +15 is not working? or am I going crazy?
No Composure
Set up: Ammurapi, Telchine Head(10), [Body], Atrophy Gloves+3, Telchine Legs(10), Lethargy Feet +1, Ghostfyre(20)
I'm getting this with the same sets, gearswap unloaded, and just body variations:
Vitiation Tabard +3 = 7:41 secs
Telchine Body = 8:14

Edit, not even sure why I even typed all that, and made things convoluted. Made things slimper, fully naked protect 30:20 secs, Telchine body(10) 33:20, Tabard +3 (15) 30:20

Oh why SE....

Quote:
Maybe it's +15 seconds and not +15%? Telchine body is 10% iir.
That doesn't explain the +20 seconds though.
If you didn't use Battlemod to "measure" the timestamps though, a ~5 seconds error could totally come from the in-game chat log, seen results like that before when I was trying to measure Lullaby durations on bard without usin battlemod.

Even if it were 15% anyway it would've been good only for selfbuffs (or for buffing others when composure is down, but that never happens, does it?)
But having 5% more duration when selfbuffing is not really that relevant, considering that thanks to Composure our selfbuffs already last a ton.

So basically if you're doing RDM body+3 only for the enha part, then think again, is my 2 cents.

The 20 seconds is from JP category enhancing duration.

Are you using Timers? Timers doesn't correctly reflect the bonuses from Relic +2/3 gear. For instance when I use warcry on war I don't get 60 seconds in timers, it only shows 30 seconds duration.

That probably needs someone to go fix timers with the new equipment.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-05-29 17:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

maxiel said: »
Anyone can confirm if this is fixed?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29127/random-question-thread-ffxi-related/534/#3340571

Don't want to spend 10+ mil on shards, delve/vagary mats on something broken.
Yes, it works, and was never broken. That guy was judging duration using the inaccurate Timers plugin instead of the in-game duration feature or manually measuring it.

Protect with no gear: 30:20
Protect with just the +3 body: ~34:53
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2018-05-29 18:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it was fixed, using the same inaccurate Timers plugin and in game duration feature, there is a difference now on both timers, unlike in the past.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-29 18:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-05-29 18:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cziella said: »
No, it was fixed, using the same inaccurate Timers plugin and in game duration feature, there is a difference now on both timers, unlike in the past.
Timers was fixed, not the item itself. The item always gave +15%.
By Ruaumoko 2018-05-30 01:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.
Pinched this as my profile comment.
By Aerix 2018-05-30 05:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Ran spreadsheet with uncapped vs capped on Savage Blade:

Jhakri vs. Viti. (the not so obvious slots):
Viti. Tabard +3: wins in both scenarios even with the lower STR
Viti. Tights +3: loses in both scenarios. The Jhakri Slops' STR out powers the attack in uncapped even.
Viti. Boots +3: loses in uncapped but ties capped (with my set remember)

Jhakri vs. Despair (only head should compete with jhakri):
Despair Helm: wins in capped, loses in uncapped

Some of these are VERY minor boosts (I'm talking less than a percent) but the good news is that you will be wanting the Viti. body and boots anyway so it's multi use which is great to see.

Did you exclude Viti. Chapeau +3 from the comparison vs. Despair/Jhakri because it would be the obvious winner?
[+]
By Aerix 2018-05-31 06:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Just watched the video. Overall very good, but some stuff has me confused.

You say that Protect, Shell, Stoneskin and Aquaveil should be cast in Enhancing Skill gear, but both Protect/Shell are static bonuses, while Stoneskin and Aquaveil cap naturally from level 99 stats.

I mean, technically Stoneskin and Aquaveil are skill-based, but nobody really builds specialized Enhancing skill sets below 99 nowadays, so I think it'd be better to recommend potency gear specifically, aside from +duration.

There are also a couple of typos, like Gain-MND only giving +50 to a stat instead of +55 with Viti. Gloves +3 or Slow II having the description for Paralyze II.
[+]
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2018-05-31 07:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This was a great video.I have enjoyed all of you videos so keep on making them.

This was really helpful for me getting my mind wrapped around the job as it is today. I was a main Rdm back in the 75 days and I knew quite a bit about the job then, however since coming back from a very long break I was having a slow time getting caught back up on what Rdm is now a days, and what the main focus is.

Wait What, 5/5 Fire acc merits Merits?! So long 5/5 Earth/Ice ;-)

With so much gear being introduced and then surpassed by other gear while I was away, having links to the gear sets were very helpful to me to see what is relevant now.

Thanks!
By tyalangan 2018-05-31 08:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
tyalangan said: »
Ran spreadsheet with uncapped vs capped on Savage Blade:

Jhakri vs. Viti. (the not so obvious slots):
Viti. Tabard +3: wins in both scenarios even with the lower STR
Viti. Tights +3: loses in both scenarios. The Jhakri Slops' STR out powers the attack in uncapped even.
Viti. Boots +3: loses in uncapped but ties capped (with my set remember)

Jhakri vs. Despair (only head should compete with jhakri):
Despair Helm: wins in capped, loses in uncapped

Some of these are VERY minor boosts (I'm talking less than a percent) but the good news is that you will be wanting the Viti. body and boots anyway so it's multi use which is great to see.

Did you exclude Viti. Chapeau +3 from the comparison vs. Despair/Jhakri because it would be the obvious winner?

Yes, I stated “the not so obvious slots” as hat is the clear winner as you said.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-31 08:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A few things on the video. Temper/Temper II are really the only spells that need 600 skill. Gainspells in particular cap at 500, so pushing to 600 skill needlessly sacrifices duration gear. Composure'd gainspells with full duration last 30+ minutes which is nice.

Should note that /sch misses out on a pretty crucial -na spell. Stona. /whm if you're fighting something that petrifies and you need to be able to stona.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-05-31 09:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Goldenfoon said: »
Wait What, 5/5 Fire acc merits Merits?!

For addle.

Addle should be landed everytime, can help a lot for melee who miss some meva in tp gear.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-31 09:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was already working on my RDM, but after watching this video a couple of days ago, I got discouraged due to the lack of macro lines and gearset space/inventory to hold all of the essentials. I'll probably mum around on the job working on +2ing AF and relic in PUGs occasionally, but it's a heavy investment for someone who already plays 10+ jobs at EG. Was a great guide and I learned a a lot. Thanks Rua
By Afania 2018-05-31 10:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I was already working on my RDM, but after watching this video a couple of days ago, I got discouraged due to the lack of macro lines and gearset space/inventory to hold all of the essentials. I'll probably mum around on the job working on +2ing AF and relic in PUGs occasionally, but it's a heavy investment for someone who already plays 10+ jobs at EG. Was a great guide and I learned a a lot. Thanks Rua

Tbh you could just recycle gears from other mage job. Certain sets are skippable if you only use the job for certain roles.

For example I almost always bring Rdm to ambuscade pt as healer, so my melee sets/nuke and my sets rarely gets used, if ever. If you lowman or solo on it you are more likely to need every sets, but many jobs could already do that, such as BLU.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-31 11:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It will be a FFJ (for fun job) that I won't dare take to any serious content, so yes. Besides healing and debuffing I'll mess around with it for a while until I can make space and fizzle out other jobs and bring RDM into the rotation. I really like the job, actually. It's fun to do a variety of things. I just know it's kind of frustrating not being able to get the most out of it due to gear space.

I have a ton of GEO BLU BLM mage gear anyways so I'm nearly set on most of what I need. The few additional things I'll need to carry with be af/relic/empy, which are a good 10-15 slots of gear.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2018-05-31 12:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM eats wardrobe 1,2 and half of the 3rd for me and still growing. But I’m one of those that must have every stick of gear for any scenario I’d find myself in. Honestly don’t use a lot of it but hey I have it lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-31 13:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of feet/legs, is there any reason to upgrade empy set or is the composure bonus that good? Haven't farmed any of it, was wondering how much of that was actually needed.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-31 13:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The body is good, for obvious reasons. The hands are fairly important for optimizing Saboteur.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-31 13:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

oh sorry, thought that said skill.
By Ruaumoko 2018-05-31 14:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
There are also a couple of typos, like Gain-MND only giving +50 to a stat instead of +55 with Viti. Gloves +3 or Slow II having the description for Paralyze II.
GDI..
[+]
By Boshi 2018-05-31 14:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
The body is good, for obvious reasons. The hands are fairly important for optimizing Saboteur.

legs for refresh potency, feet for all enhancing spells period.

Right now the head is the only piece with no use outside of composure for basic enhancing spells on others.

(Eventually with +2/+3 I assume head will become the rdm nuking piece)

Edit: woops sorry Kyte I didn't see that
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-31 14:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Outside of feet/legs, is there any reason to upgrade empy set or is the composure bonus that good? Haven't farmed any of it, was wondering how much of that was actually needed
By Afania 2018-05-31 14:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It will be a FFJ (for fun job) that I won't dare take to any serious content, so yes.

It's exactly the opposite imo.

For some alliance content like blm Vini, rdm just sit there pop frazzle III then watch blm mb it down in 2 min always. In that case you only ever need one enfeeb set (since stymie is 100% land rate could go with max potency), since rdm geo isn't supposed to nuke in blm pt. The bigger the alliance (serious content)is the less sets are required. It's like smn only ever need 1 bp set for aeonic level content, but they need more sets for most things lower level than aeonic.

You probably need more sets in not serious content like solo cp or lowman NMs, lol.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-31 16:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
It will be a FFJ (for fun job) that I won't dare take to any serious content, so yes.

It's exactly the opposite imo.

For some alliance content like blm Vini, rdm just sit there pop frazzle III then watch blm mb it down in 2 min always. In that case you only ever need one enfeeb set (since stymie is 100% land rate could go with max potency), since rdm geo isn't supposed to nuke in blm pt. The bigger the alliance (serious content)is the less sets are required. It's like smn only ever need 1 bp set for aeonic level content, but they need more sets for most things lower level than aeonic.

You probably need more sets in not serious content like solo cp or lowman NMs, lol.

So true. RDM has a great place in so many setups in Aeonic runs. Sabo-Distract3 on Warder of Courage, chainstunner for Zerde, Frazzle3 for Mage strats, /SCH AoE Break-ga for Albumen adds if BRD sleep doesn't last long enough, the only job with Flurry2 for Ranged Setups, shall I continue? Now, don't be expecting to main heal an Albumen on RDM right out of the gate, and Afania's description of "needing fewer sets the higher the content" is accurate in particular for the sake that as you take a RDM to high end content, their job is very focused. Its in the lower content, a pickup SR, some Ambuscade, where a RDM can multitask to their heart's content.

Please, take advantage the RDMs you know. They can bring a lot and hide a lot of blemishes in less-than-ideal setups.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-06-07 04:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

little upgrade to iddle set ^^
ItemSet 359385
Colada : refresh +2
Cape : MND 20 Meva +30 PDT 10%
Chironic : PDT 5%
Shield : 4%PDT

so have in this set :
refresh +8
PDT caped
MDT Caped
Meva 535
resist silence + 40
All statut + 10 (so silence +50 i guess)
Mdef bonus 44
And a nice bonus to spike damage, still good to have.

Ps : thks for the shield.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-07 05:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What is the goal of that set? A Hybrid mixture of xDT, Resist Stats/silence, Refresh?
Which augs do you have on the shield?
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 141 142 143