Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2017-12-19 13:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vadian said: »
Notacka said: »
Rooj said: »
That's sorta what happens when using an outdated technology (forums). :\ Especially when only using one single thread... I was just thinking earlier that perhaps we should start a RDM Discord server. We could keep a BIS sheet pinned in there (just need to make sure we have folks who are willing to keep it up to date) along with guides and such too.

I think I've become a Discord fanboy and I guess I'm just getting sick of forums. ; ; I've been in Discord servers for different classes on other MMOs and it was very helpful and enjoyable.

Have you made a Red Mage Discord yet? I would like to join if you have.

^This

An FFXIAH discord with channels for each job/topic could each have their own individual pins and would probably be more interactive/faster responses than here.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-19 13:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Lakshmi.Vadian said: »
Notacka said: »
Rooj said: »
That's sorta what happens when using an outdated technology (forums). :\ Especially when only using one single thread... I was just thinking earlier that perhaps we should start a RDM Discord server. We could keep a BIS sheet pinned in there (just need to make sure we have folks who are willing to keep it up to date) along with guides and such too.

I think I've become a Discord fanboy and I guess I'm just getting sick of forums. ; ; I've been in Discord servers for different classes on other MMOs and it was very helpful and enjoyable.

Have you made a Red Mage Discord yet? I would like to join if you have.

^This

An FFXIAH discord with channels for each job/topic could each have their own individual pins and would probably be more interactive/faster responses than here.

Oh you positive thinkers you. That's like saying the internet would allow researchers to freely communication and share ideas.
By Boshi 2017-12-27 13:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't mentioned this before but the sandorian volte LEGS look very good:
fc8 int58 mnd40 macc38 haste9
(vs. merlninic base: fc+8% int+15 mnd+12 macc+18 haste+4%,
vs. chironic fc+8%, int+16 mnd+11 macc+18 haste+4% but enfeeb-13 immunobreak-1)
Stun piece maybe.

As for the Bastok set: seems meh for most jobs listed, but for rdm and brd some of this could be bis for TP. Issue is it has the weird haste values again that put 9 on legs and some pieces come up short.
head: acc37 str33 dex40 stp6 haste6 ayanmo stronger in all
body: acc39 str40 dex49 stp10 haste4
hands: acc36 str29 dex55 stp6 haste4
legs: acc38 str46 stp8 haste9
feet: acc35 str33 dex39 stp6 haste3carmine+1 too strong

The body&hands I could see being competitive for rdm eyeballing,
The legs&hands for brd.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-27 14:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

When you consider those items, don't forget to factor the set bonus from Ayanmo+2, it makes quite a difference in choosing what is best for each slot, at least for WSs.

Hands and Legs are nice for BRD if you wanna build an STP build for w/e reason (it's actually very good for Carnwenhan when you have AM3 up)
By Boshi 2017-12-27 14:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite that this was clearly referencing it towards TPing (where body seems to be the winner of the set), for ws:
I do remember a silly conversation about the ayanmo+2 stuff when it came out, mostly toward savage just because set bonus is str/mnd:

Not one piece of the Ayanmo set is good for savage blade. Even with set bonus at capped attack.

for CDC at capped attack only Ayanmo/body hands won out vs 20/20/3/3 taeon.
(and feet for an acc-only piece)
At lower attack values none of it wins vs the taeon.

New volte hands seem to win out for cdc vs taeon & ayanmo capped or uncapped attack... but
For hand slot only, jhakri+2 still slightly edges even the new volte out for cdc at low attack.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-12-27 19:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Mind sharing the spreadsheet you used to calculate that Boshi?
And thanks in advance!!
By tyalangan 2017-12-27 22:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
New volte hands seem to win out for cdc vs taeon & ayanmo capped or uncapped attack... but
For hand slot only, jhakri+2 still slightly edges even the new volte out for cdc at low attack.

Have had these since available and never even thought to try a spreadsheet test assuming my MAX CR/CD Taeon Gloves would win...nope. Jhakri +2 wins! Thanks, Boshi.

Sechs, I've been using a modified BLU spreadsheet with en-spell damage and a rough workaround for Temper II since I don't know how to spreadsheet.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-27 23:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's mine, kept updated by yours truly:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TDaoZn1y9QnC0NxfoRGRrBf_Cr-IcDKV/view?usp=sharing

Just add any Volte or Taeon gear that you want.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-28 11:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For those that haven't done both, do you guys put INT or MND on your enfeebling Ambuscade cape(s)? MND is much, much more common with determining enfeebling potency, but most of our currently more relevant enfeebles (Distract, Frazzle, Sleep, Break, Gravity) have magic accuracy modified by INT.
By Boshi 2017-12-28 11:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I did a
A. mnd30/macc20/fc10
B. int20/macc30/fc10 one

I do 3 levels of macc in my swap, I only really used the highest one ever for mage style Vinipata

Use A for para, addle, inun, slow fulltime and almost always on dis fraz.

Yse the int/macc30 on the rest, and only for full have-to-land swap on fraz/dis. I also yse this cape for impact and stun.

I use my nuking int30/macc20/mat for low macc Blind
By Sammeh 2017-12-31 13:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So..... my wife just got RDM boots +3 (relic) and we went to go test potency of the shoes. The potency benefit is so small it was completely not worth the spend.

Literally the math works (seemingly) base + 10% of base. IE Slow II = (.35 * .1) = .385.

With rounding, these didn't even change the duration by an entire second vs Uk'uxkaj boots.

Dia III had *zero* benefit from them other than the initial dmg/dot went from 30 to 33. The actual defense loss had no benefit, neither did duration.

Such a disappointment.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-12-31 13:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sammeh said: »
So..... my wife just got RDM boots +3 (relic) and we went to go test potency of the shoes. The potency benefit is so small it was completely not worth the spend.

Literally the math works (seemingly) base + 10% of base. IE Slow II = (.35 * .1) = .385.

With rounding, these didn't even change the duration by an entire second vs Uk'uxkaj boots.

Dia III had *zero* benefit from them other than the initial dmg/dot went from 30 to 33. The actual defense loss had no benefit, neither did duration.

Such a disappointment.

That is such a bummer to hear. Looks like I may steal away from the shards now. Thanks for the heads up.
By Sammeh 2017-12-31 13:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
That is such a bummer to hear. Looks like I may steal away from the shards now. Thanks for the heads up.

Trust me. We've yet to see a single rdm drop in san d'oria, so we spent the entire thing in Medals.

Completely disgusted.

Bastok has been good to us though, so should be done shortly w/ rdm gloves +3.
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-12-31 13:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »

Trust me. We've yet to see a single rdm drop in san d'oria, so we spent the entire thing in Medals.

Completely disgusted.

Bastok has been good to us though, so should be done shortly w/ rdm gloves +3.

From reports of that piece it seems to be worth the grind.
Getting a full +30 to gainspells is pretty dang nice in my mind.

Thanks again for putting in the dirty work and posting results.
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2017-12-31 14:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a disappointment.

The piece has Enfeebling Magic Effect +10. If you or your wife expected anything different then I would probably guess you haven't checked the previous discussions in this and other threads.

I was lucky enough to get the +2 early but haven't had much luck in getting the +3. I had planned to test Dia III dot information once I completed the upgrades. These feet are the BiS period and one of the few worth getting from the onset of Dynamis Divergence. Are they worth it if you bought the medals? Probably not for most players. As much I'd like to have them I'm saving my resources for future pieces.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2017-12-31 15:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cannot conceive what you thought the result was going to be. We know exactly how enfeebling effect+ works, and knew how much of it was on the piece
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-31 15:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a disappointment.
That's exactly how every other Enfeebling Magic Effect in the game works, and +10 is huge.

It's an incredible piece, not a "disappointement".
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-31 15:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a disappointment.

What kind of dumb....

You tested +effect gear on enfeebles where it would have minimal effect and not the ones where it would actually matter. Try it again on Frazzle III / Distract III, you know those that actually require both +skill and +effect. Poison II would be another but lol Poison damage.
 Bahamut.Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2017-12-31 15:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »

Such a disappointment.

That's exactly how every other Enfeebling Magic Effect in the game works, and +10 is huge.

It's an incredible piece, not a "disappointement".

So what exactly does this do then?

Answer right above. Effects skill lvl spells? Ie frazzle ect?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2017-12-31 15:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It affects everything it should. Frazzle, Distract, Paralyze, Slow, Addle, etc. Affects Dia's DOT only
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-31 15:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

+10% to potency to all enfeebling spells with variable potency.

Frazzle has 10% more MEVA-.
Distract has 10% more EVA-
Addle has 10% more MACC- (and might affect the Fast Cast -)
Slow has 10% more Slow (from before, so 30% goes to 33%).
Paralyze has 10% higher paralyze rate (same as slow).
Dia/Poison has 10% higher DoT.
Gravity has 10% more movement speed-.
[+]
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2017-12-31 15:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Dia DoT has shown to be different. Enfeebling Magic Effect +10 will add 10 damage/tick.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-12-31 16:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a multiplier to the effect of the spell. The important part is that is has +enfeebling magic skill on it.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Distract_III

Potency = [Floor(6/21)(Enfeebling Skill - 190)] + Floor(dMND/5); where dMND/5 caps at 0 and 10.

Get the value then multiply by +Enf Pot including cape, ammo, body and these legs.

Cape = +10
Body = +14
Ammo = +10

So +34% potency total so far, new boots would add another +10% for 44% total. Previously the Uk's feet were +5% but no +skill so it ended up being a wash vs something like Skaoi boots with +17 skill. The Relic +3 feet are +16 skill and +10% potency along with +47 magic acc and +32 MND, it's vastly superior to both Skaoi and Uk's. The new hands are looking epic also, going from 25 to 55 MND / INT is amazing for their specific use's, or even STR / DEX for melee peoples.
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-01-04 03:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What people think about the raetic staff +1 for a nuking rdm ?
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2018-01-05 03:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I already run out of mp fast enough as rdm/sch with aspirable mobs nuking when i go ham with a cray good colada/ammushield. Be great for decently paced magic burst setups i would think
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-01-05 04:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So better try to put money in some EA +1 gear maybe.

What ppl use as pure nuke and pur MB set atm ?
By maxiel 2018-01-06 04:53:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the gear sets in the OP up to date, especially the Melee ones?

I see Ambuscade items and AF+3/Omen on other sets but it feels weird to have Taeon still be suggested. We are RDMs and having multi-attack/STP/DW slots aren't really in SE's mind. We are also probably 2nd hand affected by SE's refusal to give BLU new toys to play with.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2018-01-06 12:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

AFAIK Taeon is still BIS for head/hands. I don't care to create multiple Alluvian sets, so mine are currently maxed TA/Crit damage/Acc so I can use them for CDC as well.

If you felt so inclined and were consistently in situations where acc isn't necessary(low level content, or always acc buffed) you could put MEVA in that augment slot to make it defensively competitive
By zaxtiss 2018-01-11 14:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm so i was wondering would it be better to use more STP when i have temper up instead of MA it seems like it would be better to use STP then DA / TA or is that just me?
By Boshi 2018-01-11 15:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of gear everything we’ve discussed the past few pages is assuming tenperII around the level of bis engancing geat
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 141 142 143